New Lion Combo Update out (Dev 10.7.2)

mitch_de

52 posts in this topic

1072.jpg

Update went fine for the most part. As usual replacing my AppleHDA.kext and all is normal.

HD4850 needs only:

LegacyATI4800Controller.kext,

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Chameleon RC5 752 Lion+Snow.pkg

SL on separate drive boots fine

i only have one kernel "mach_kernel " and i never edit the boot.plist i have one i build and i always use the same

funny i used all versions of lion with no problems (only had problem with ati kexts but was fixed with no problems) and now i update from GM to 10.7.2 and i get stuck in boot...

i now removed now all my kexts (just leaved fakesmc.kext) , i even removed ati kexts and i still have the same problem... in the last line i get stuck doenst open the graphic interface

maybe is something related to ati?

you could test.. move all ATI*.kext from /S/L/E to another folder, then you will boot into a 1024x768 2d desktop. inside osx then use pacifist to extract the ati kexts from Appstore builds (System/Installation/packages ) , dig through them "essentialbasesystem.pkg" and the other packs. Extract the kexts and put them back into /S/L/E : using the 7.2.9 drivers instead of the 7.4.9 drivers from that beta combo update.

If you boot with the old kexts again into QE/CI then yes the new ati drivers are to blame.

you could test.. move all ATI*.kext from /S/L/E to another folder, then you will boot into a 1024x768 2d desktop. inside osx then use pacifist to extract the ati kexts from Appstore builds (System/Installation/packages ) , dig through them "essentialbasesystem.pkg" and the other packs. Extract the kexts and put them back into /S/L/E : using the 7.2.9 drivers instead of the 7.4.9 drivers from that beta combo update.

If you boot with the old kexts again into QE/CI then yes the new ati drivers are to blame.

only works if i delete all ati* kexts and remove the graphic enabler from chameleon

using clean ati kexts from 10.7.0 .DMG + ati exotic 1.7.0 fix doenst work anymore on 10.7.2 update :D

Well !,

Update went smoothly om Dell M1530 with the exception of AppleHDA replacement.

However, it is disappointing that they still haven't fixed FaceTIME. :( , which work on 10.6.8.

AirDrop is another dark area.

Cheers

Can someone with a developer account that downloaded the DMG post eh SHA1 string for the download?

open terminal and type:

openssl sha1 /full/path/to/dmg

Thanks

for all its worth I have:

84c1a87c7a3cec3e1408f1a7eb6e49bbd2f7497e

Cheers

Well !,

However, it is disappointing that they still haven't fixed FaceTIME. :( , which work on 10.6.8.

Cheers

FaceTime is fixed. The problem for hackintoshes is somewhere in the chameleon bootloader. Use chameleon build 755 and you will see that FaceTime will activate and operate normally. Then you can replace chameleon with newer versions, FaceTime will continue to work. But if you happen to deactivate it, you have to go back to build 755 to make it work again. See more details here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...61423&st=20

FaceTime is fixed. The problem for hackintoshes is somewhere in the chameleon bootloader. Use chameleon build 755 and you will see that FaceTime will activate and operate normally. Then you can replace chameleon with newer versions, FaceTime will continue to work. But if you happen to deactivate it, you have to go back to build 755 to make it work again. See more details here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...61423&st=20

@HCE,

Many thanks for that. I'll have a go .

Cheers mate

@HCE,

Many thanks for that. I'll have a go .

Cheers mate

Yep!

755 worked (Dell M1530).

The strange thing was that many real Mac users had the Problem after upgrading to LION. (?)

Cheers

Anyword on Airdrop? anyone

My logic is telling me it requires a dual band wifi with a compatible chip to apple hardware. This might allow two file shares to work in tandem = Airdrop.

Tried modified smbios.plist and no effect. Even on clean install with new smbios.plist at first boot with all login network filled in.(apple ID)

Well !,

AirDrop is another dark area.

Cheers

for all its worth I have:

84c1a87c7a3cec3e1408f1a7eb6e49bbd2f7497e

Cheers

Thanks man, the download I got from Inet has same string...I trust you to download from Apple directly :)

EDIT: Updated and now bonjour broken on my Realtek 8168D ethernet whereas it worked before the update. I can connect to Samba share drive but no longer the case :(. Gotta dig around.

AppleRTC patch? CAn you tell a bit more about that - THANKS

I ask because since 10.7 i get sometimes (not every boot) an CMOS reset (BIOS values deleted) even with the normal dsdt RTC & CO fixes, which worked at 10.4/10.5/10.6.

Perhaps you made some patches which does avaiod this also for me?

AppleRTC patch? CAn you tell a bit more about that - THANKS

I ask because since 10.7 i get sometimes (not every boot) an CMOS reset (BIOS values deleted) even with the normal dsdt RTC & CO fixes, which worked at 10.4/10.5/10.6.

Perhaps you made some patches which does avaiod this also for me?

mitch_de, sure :ninja: and this is what I did when I installed 10.7 & the 10.7.2 dev version yesterday.

I used this terminal command to patch the AppleRTC.kext (user rayap posted it here):

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Also Im attaching my current Lion DSDT for reference (only the HDEF section is different from my Snow Leopard's DSDT section, ALC888 onboard) --> DSDT.zip

Thanks man, the download I got from Inet has same string...I trust you to download from Apple directly :D

EDIT: Updated and now bonjour broken on my Realtek 8168D ethernet whereas it worked before the update. I can connect to Samba share drive but no longer the case ;) . Gotta dig around.

Same problem here. Can't connect to SMB share anymore as registered user

THANKS to rednous for the AppleRTC.kext patch !

Now CMOS-BIOS won't be "formatted" at shutdown anymore.

;) hehe, mitch, I was only a messenger :D

Im glad I was of help to you and the rest with the CMOS reset problem :D

mitch_de, sure :) and this is what I did when I installed 10.7 & the 10.7.2 dev version yesterday.

I used this terminal command to patch the AppleRTC.kext (user rayap posted it ..../AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRT[/code]

Humm..

Not sure how this could have worked as you have missed the 'C' in ..../AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRT<--

Maybe you want to edit your post,

Cheers

Humm..

Not sure how this could have worked as you have missed the 'C' in ..../AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRT<--

Maybe you want to edit your post,

Cheers

Thanx for your notice. It was a typo & now it's corrected :)

Yep, .C is missed but thats so clear that i seen it. Here with C at the end :)

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

(DOES patch the AppleRTC GM/511 to avoid CMOS problems (BIOS settings get overwritten with unpatched LION GM+511+10.7.2 dev RTC even you modded RTC in dsdt already (since 10.5 / 1.6 most people have that)

Does sleepenabler.kext work for you?

I'm using this 1.7 sleepenabler and it doesn't work.

Has anybody a fixed version for 10.7.2?

Or where can I get the correct pmVersion value?

Hi,

Use Terminal command:

$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

and delete:

/private/var/vm/sleepimage

You're good as long as the battery is live.

Hope this helps

Use Terminal command:

$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

and delete:

/private/var/vm/sleepimage

You're good as long as the battery is live.

RAM sleep is great. But I have another problem:

There is a kernel panic on startup. Console displays to use pmVersion=0 to "solve" the panic.

But I don't want to disable sleepenabler.

What is the correct version number for 10.7.2? In SL 10.6.7 I used pmVersion=23.

• 2 weeks later...