Fixed no kext load issue

nmano

157 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

its very easy just change ids nv kexts.after restart install natit. desable intel hd kexts.

Hello, I lion 10.7

dsdt unmodified. I have edited and installed by inserting geforce.kext eNVDAGF100Hal.kext my device ID. the result you can see in the image loaded.

I do not know how to edit natit.kext.

having a core i5 2300 I have an intel HD2000.

my resolution is only 1024x768 and I do not have QE / QI

I even can not snap image but you can.

• 2 weeks later...
This cridect goes to Andy VandijckA new bundle with lots of additions.

The following models have been collected with acpi tables and smbios information (for some also device-properties):

-iMac5,1

-iMac7,1

-iMac8,1

-iMac10,1

-iMac11,1

-iMac11,2

-MacBook1,1

-MacBook2,1

-MacBook3,1

-MacBook4,1

-MacBook5,2

-MacBook6,1

-MacBookAir1,1

-MacBookAir2,1

-MacBookAir3,2

-MacBookPro3,1

-MacBookPro4,1

-MacBookPro5,1

-MacBookPro5,2

-MacBookPro5,3

-MacBookPro5,4

-MacBookPro5,5

-MacBookPro6,1

-MacBookPro6,2

-MacBookPro7,1

-MacBookPro8,1

-Macmini1,1

-Macmini2,1

-Macmini3,1

-MacPro1,1

-MacPro2,1

-MacPro3,1

-MacPro4,1

-MacPro5,1

-Xserve2,1

Download link below:

https://rapidshare.com/files/3093959380/ior..._26_05_2011.zip

NOTE: If you have .ioreg files from other models / can make them from a model not listed you own, post them here please and I'll add them to the list + extract info...

Hi manor can you please explain how to use these files. Can you please explain how to enable QE/CI. I have gone as far as intalling the two kexts and efi string. Also can you please share the applesmbios you used. I have a vaio vpceb12fx

I fix no kext load isse Intel hd graphicscards. its work 10.6.x and 10.7.x

First remove all intelhdgraphics kexts.

just add device id only 2 kexts.

GeForce.kext and NVDAGF100Hal.kext

or

GeForce.kext and NVDAGF50Hal.kext

So like this use text edit

gefore.kext

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x00468086&0x0000ffff</string>

NVDAGF50Hal.kext or NVDAGF100Hal.kext just change one line this is my ids 0x00468086&0xffe0ffff

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>

0x06c010de&0xffe0ffff

0x0dc010de&0xffc0ffff

0x00468086&0xffe0ffff

0x0ee010de&0xffe0ffff

0x0f0010de&0xffc0ffff

0x104010de&0xffc0ffff

0x124010de&0xffc0ffff

</string>

After restart install natit edit info plist

your system

NVCAP,

VRAM,totalsize,

reg,

look my final screenshot.

bye bye intel hd graphics.

enjoy.

Hi there, how do I add device id? And how do I know what is my device ID on a Intel HD Graphics on i3 540 ?

add your intel hd graphics device id to nvida kexts.

Please Manor answer this plz ! :)

Here is more detail :

cnO3A.jpgnaCM5.jpg

yu95T.jpgf49uQ.jpg

9KgE4.jpg

Did not find anything to edit in nati.kexy

Hi there, how do I add device id? And how do I know what is my device ID on a Intel HD Graphics on i3 540 ?

Hi, I used windows to get my Device ID. I don't know if there is any other way. To add device Id, click on the kext you want to add ID and right click it then show contents(something like this) then open info.plist and adds you IDs ;)

• 4 months later...

ok.... i tried about a year ago to get OSX on my toshiba tecra. i got it installed, but didn't stick with it because of the intel HD issue. i'm pretty much totally new at this, and was wondering if any of you knew a link to a stupid easy guide to do all this kext stuff..... I'm not really sure how to do it all. I'll do a fresh snow leopard (or should i do lion?) install when i get the chance. Any advice guys?

Thanks

Josh

• 1 month later...

adding in my two cents since I spent the last two days reading through various threads about the Intel GMA 5700 which so happens to be my card as well. Laptop is the Lenovo z360 with Intel 5700/Nvidia 310m Optimus combo. Manor's method works in so far that the card is recognized which is progress. Also if I connect an external monitor I have no problems getting the correct resolution. I have tracked this down due to the Rev ID. There seem to be two floating around. Mine is x0012 and from what I've seen on Manor's screenshots and one or two others that are lucky with the right resolution and all they have Rev ID x0002. I am no expert at this, I do rely on people way smarter than me to figure this out so I have no idea what exactly those number mean or do but they are the only difference I could find in all the posts.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey manor, my Intel HD Graphics have the same vendor and device IDs you have. Could you please give me the kexts with the IDs injected?

Here's my progress so far: my laptop has Intel HD Graphics and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. The Intel graphics card is being recognized with these kexts, but it lacks any kind of acceleration. OpenGL Extensions Viewer says my card is the Apple Software Renderer, meaning something ain't right. The ATi card doesn't work because OS X boots with the built-in Intel card. I can't even get an external monitor to work. It just stays blank.

screenshot ple

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Manor! I've been following your posts regarding the Intel HD Graphics (8086:0046) with revision 02. I have that card in my laptop, and I've found out some things regarding this graphics card and Mac OS X.

I understand that your VBIOS contains VESA tables with your custom resolution, which is why OS X is loading it regardless of what you do. People have tried using your VBIOS loading it at boot via Chameleon, but it doesn't work.

I have also tested and confirmed that 915resolution won't work with this card. The code is too old, and it doesn't recognize the BIOS.

I am also familiar with another EFI bootloader called Clover, which uses DUET for EFI instead of Boot-132 (which Chameleon uses). The developer on Project OS X forums has re-written the Chameleon VBIOS injection for that bootloader. Chameleon's seems to work well with NVidea Graphics cards, but not so for ATi and Intel. Clover's has been re-written with better support for both Intel and ATi. I was wondering if you'd be able to help me with that. I know that since your VBIOS contains VESA tables with custom resolution, I might be able to use it to enable custom resolution use Clover. So, can you please send your extracted VBIOS ROM to me? Thanks in advanced!