SpeedStepper (now supports Mountain Lion 10.8.3)

flAked

574 posts in this topic

Hi Oldnapalm great news .

I have patched my bios 0902 on my asus p8z68 deluxe , now all work speed step and i don't need ACPM patch.

ps:

Now I want to make sure everything works well, should I use mrdumper?

Which version?

Patch Works... but Speedstep not working on gigabyte z68ap-d3 i2500K

Patch Works on my Dell Vostro 3350

Patch Work on my Acer 4750G but still need NullCpu....

Hey man for gigabyte you dont need patch , gigabyte native speed steep...ok?

gigabyte native speed steep...ok? = is not true, GiGabyt is not able to establish the P / states at least in the series Z68, sorry my inglish

Now that makes no sense since tonymac86 supports those custom Motherboard built systems. Did you check over there to see what the issue is with speedstep? I am now using Chimera latest version for my GB system. I don't seem to have the same issue you have. Make sure your Bios setting are correct. There is some tweaking I had to do there to get it to work right.

I have to admit though I have not updated from Lion 10.7.1 so I wonder if 10.7.4 has caused any issues with speedstep?

Have you tried MSRDUMPER?, Do you have more states than the turbo?, If yourmotherboard is a Gigabyte Z68 does not have them think, My BIOS is perfectly configured and both olarila as good tonimac take for the two statesof the processor, the minimum and maximum, hopefully the 4 states of the turbo, sorry my inglish

Have you tried MSRDUMPER?, Do you have more states than the turbo?, If yourmotherboard is a Gigabyte Z68 does not have them think, My BIOS is perfectly configured and both olarila as good tonimac take for the two statesof the processor, the minimum and maximum, hopefully the 4 states of the turbo, sorry my inglish

Maybe we should start new thread on this don't want to chat with something a bit outside the scope of this thread.

It depends on what processor you have not motherboard as far as P/C states and turbo. I have a processor that supports all of that.

which smbios use ?

Be careful: The patching of the BIOS is a risky business

Download the last version of MMTool and the ROM that you want to patch from the official site.

Extract the bios from the archive and open it with MMTool.

Extract the first CpuPei, then search and replaced 800018EB050D0080 to 000018EB050D0000 with a hex editor and save it, now you can replace the patched one.

schermata20120202a00125.png

schermata20120202a00164.png

Repeat the procedure for the second CpuPei.

schermata20120202a00184.png

schermata20120202a00205.png

So Save As and named it TEMP.ROM

• Like 3

Buoo,

The hex string doesn't exist any more on the latest 3203 bios for Asus P67/Z68 boards. Anyone have any idea what to search for or how to patch the new bios release?

Thanks

Buoo which version mmtool ?

Great news...great friend...i love this man

Buoo,

The hex string doesn't exist any more on the latest 3203 bios for Asus P67/Z68 boards. Anyone have any idea what to search for or how to patch the new bios release?

Thanks

Only 0902

Buoo,

Thanks

Maybe ASUS finally fixed the bios themselves to allow writing the MSR. Has anyone tried bios 3203 with an unpatched AICPM to see if it panics at boot (with NullCPUPM removed of course)?

Maybe ASUS finally fixed the bios themselves to allow writing the MSR. Has anyone tried bios 3203 with an unpatched AICPM to see if it panics at boot (with NullCPUPM removed of course)?

No no friend, 3203 dont work ...asus dont fixed never...i need again ACPM patch

I have tried and he does not work

Anyone want to try it out the new bios? I would but backwards flashing to old bios is a pain!

Try with utility asus on windows ...I have tried and have flash 0902 old bios

Buoo, should this procedure work with Intel ".BIO" bioses?

I don't know.

The patch doesn't work for new bios' versions. Big changes were done in the CpuPei and ACPI tables too indeed I had to totally remake my miniSSDT and now I'm trying to know how to patch the new bios version.

Would you be able to take a look at my BIOS and see if you can try to patch it?

It seems set up differently, so I don't see how to get at my DSDT to edit it.

Thanks for the guide, looks good!

edit- heres my link to my BIOS: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5060880&prodNameId=5060882&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-96595-1

• 2 weeks later...

Qualcuno ha idea di come effettuare lo speedstepper sul mio hackbook???

e scusate per l'ingenuità a cosa serve esattamente????

Grazie in anticipo!!!

Magnifico??? sono italiano e non ho buona dimestichezza con l'inglese :( :(

Does anyone have any idea how to do it on my speedstepperhackbook??

and sorry for the naivety what is it exactly??

Thanks in advance!

magnifico

I've and asus laptop (g53 rog) do you know if I can or not change the acpitables as I did for my older models?

is it crypto or whatelse hardcoded version?

I've not the need of change the slic or the whitelist of the pcicard.. only to alter the acpitables and not to use dsdt