ATI Native drivers

LinearBurn

213 posts in this topic

Last time, after loading the kexts with kext helper & repair disc permission with disc utility.But when I reboot had show that "couldn't alloc class - ATI controller 4600.kext" for every kexts. kexts not loaded. Think kexts not supported for my ati (1002_9480). Any suggestion?

This a test set of kexts that should work for most of HD cards desktop and Limited mobile ... Working on it.

This graphics stack is intended for 10.6.7 and was taken from Lion 10.7B2 and 10.6.7

Instructions :

1. Remove any enablers or injectors or modded kext for ATI

2. install all Kexts in archive

3. Run repair permissions.......If you use kext wizard run all maitance tasks on first page then do a manual permissions repair in disk utility

4. Reboot

Consider this beta kext should support all HD3k-HD4k & HD5k-HD6K

Edit Beta 3 is replaced by beta 4

Feedback is Needed !

I need Maker and Model of card! exmp : Saphire 4700 hardware Id :68B0 working : Yes/no

BETA 2

BETA 3

Beta4A1

On first boot you need to chose ignore all cache!

I tryed using the atachment system to upload the file but it would not take it!

Beta 4 Changes

Using the video stack from 10.6.8beta

reworked a few of the plists

I will be adding more framebuffer entres in to the plists soon still trying to learn when the cnf_xxx do ?

updated the driver to 1.6.34.15

Still working on mobile not much progress yet

Beta 3 changes:

Corrected the problem with QE/CI

I reverted the 3k 2k & plugins to native 10.6.7

Removed the OpenGL framework as its not needed ATM

Added more cards i missed the first time

Bugs :

Internal LVDS on laptops is not detecting correctly on some

Some cards may be loading wrong kexts (hardwareID's in wrong kext??)

HD2k cards are missing from the kexts will be working on them next

Stock Framework OpenGL 10.6.7

Note : .... I have changed the detection of the hd2x & hd3x cards to be i more in line with hd3x and newer .... was <key>IONameMatch</key now using <key>IOPCIMatch</key> (this will make it less dificult to add cards to the plist in the future ""this needs testing to make sure i didn't break it """

Quick note! I need the brand and model of your laptops for the mobile users for my next project. Also need video Bios dumps if you can the full bin and text dump!

see this post for help dumping you stuff.

Dear LinearBurn

This are the infos for my laptop

the model is hp touchsmart tm2 1090 eg

my graphic card is ATI Radeon mobility HD 4500

at the moment snow leopard detects properly the card on PCI slot 1, but does not use it and sticks to the integrated intel gpu

I included several dumps that I got from the everest utility

the full vga bios is the zipped file and it can be opened with an hex editor

Please let me know if you need any other files or you would like me to try some of your kexts made with them

Hope it helps

atigpureg.txt

atismbusdump.txt

openaldump.txt

pcidump.txt

devicesdump.txt

vgabios_1.zip

This a test set of kexts that should work for most of HD cards desktop and Limited mobile ... Working on it.

This graphics stack is intended for 10.6.7 and was taken from Lion 10.7B2 and 10.6.7

Instructions :

1. Remove any enablers or injectors or modded kext for ATI

2. install all Kexts in archive

3. Ru...

Quick note! I need the brand and model of your laptops for the mobile users for my next project. Also need video Bios dumps if you can the full bin and text dump!

see this post for help dumping you stuff.

hi LinearBurn,

thx for your great work. i really apprieciate it.

i tried your kext package (beta4) with my config, but resolution / qe/ci isnt enabled and the card isnt recognized by sysinfo.

ga-h67n (F5 bios + dsdt)

i5 2500k

0x944c1002 ati 4830 powercolor (hdmi, dvi, vga) @ 1280x1024 @19"tft

ge=no

kernel i386 (32bit) 10.7.3 kernelversion ## sl version 10.6.7

removed injector kext from /extra

removed evoenabler and custom ati kexts from S/L/E

installed your ati kext package over kexthelper

auto repair / rebuild cache + permission with kexthelper

manually repaird permission with build in osx harddisk tool

after reboot just 1024x786 and no qe/ci

tried hdmi output

dvi and vga

and dvi with vga adapter

i checked the installed ati4800 kext (info.plist) because of a maybe missing 0x944C1002.

it is already build in with a big written C.

i added 0x944c1002,because of a case sensitive solution, i thought.

after another reboot

also add 0x944c1002 to atix2000 kext

reboot.

so, case sensitive isnt the error.

do you ve got any hints for me, how to get qe/ci and my resolution (1280x1024 @ 19") ?

Hello

First of all Thank to Linear Burn, I cant really thank you enough

I have an Acer 5740G, i5 430M with ATI mobility 5470 512MB, VGA & HDMI output and an external 23' Screen, and just like everybody else, I was trying to get my GPU/Screen correctly detected

I have 10.6.7 Installed, with Nawcom legacy 10.7 kernel , Chimera v1.4.1 r877 (installed with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.7.2--> [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]), i386, VoodooHDA deleted, otherwise no other changes(Installing the OS is another LONG story)

I used Beta3 because it was the one being reported to work, copied manually the files, then used Kext utility and rebooted

The external screen got detected, both internal and external were working, but resolution were not correctly detected/listed

I had to manually test other Ati framebuffers, till I found Peregrine

so basically, I booted with this line: AtiConfig=Peregrine

The internal screen was not detected --> a nice side effect The external screen got correctly detected using both VGA and HDMI, and the appropriate screen resolutions showed up, 1920x1080 works correctly

I'm not sure if QE/QC is enabled, but VLC seems to play 720p videos without any problem

Anyway, thanks for all, all I need now is to fireup xcode & ios sdk and I'll probably give VoodooHDA a try later

Have nice day

Ill be posting a nother beta after i get a final copy of 10.6.8 and 10.7 depending on what has a newer driver base I have been working on driver patching but its slow due to time constraints I am working a lot ... if your card is not detecting correct or qe.ci is not being turned on try playing with the plists moving you hw id to a differnt one to see what it does but hopefuly ill get the detection fixed iv had limited sucess but wondering if the newer drivers will make a differance

Thanks for your support guys

Burn

I dind't understand a thing...

these are native kext, and they might work with all ati and some mobility...

Of course, no one try on 3400 series and we don't know if they work....

but, what about framebuffer? is this one that enable the QE/CI? so if we can't edit the framebuffer we can't have the QE/CI on 3400 series?

I didn0t understand well

Hi.

I test your beta 4 on my Asus F3SA laptop, it´s graphic card is a Mobility Radeon hd 2600 id:9581

I have the last chimera with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] bootloader

With graphicsenabler=no

The internal lcd works but only in 1024x768 mode

it loads :

atiradeonx2000.kext

atisupport.kext

But no radeon controller or framebuffer

This is what the system-info gives to me

sorry for my english i´m Spanish.

Pantalla:

Tipo: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Anchura de canal PCIe: x16

VRAM (total): 256 MB

Fabricante: ATI (0x1002)

ID del dispositivo: 0x9581

ID de la revisión: 0x0000

Información de la extensión del kernel: no kernel extensión(kext) loaded

Pantallas:

Pantalla:

Resolución: 1024 x 768

Profundidad de píxel: Color de 32 bits (ARGB8888)

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

display:

Tipo: Controlador compatible con VGA

Driver instalado: Sí

Bus: PCI

Ranura: PCI Slot@1,0,0

ID del fabricante: 0x1002

ID del dispositivo: 0x9581

ID del fabricante del subsistema: 0x1043

ID del subsistema: 0x1562

ID de la revisión: 0x0000

Anchura del enlace: x16

Velocidad de enlace: 2.5 GT/s

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was on 10.6.8 using Chameleon RC3 PC-EFI 10.5 and now I'm on Mac OS X Lion GM using Chameleon r1XXX (Don't remember)

My Graphic Card is ATI Radeon 5470

In 10.6.8, my ATI was working with your beta 3 and on Lion none is working :thumbsup_anim: I don't know if it's because of chameleon but I know I can't take Chameleon RC3 PC-EFI 10.5 because it's not compatible with Lion.

Please answer me

Thanks

I need to do a full refresh i got the gold copy of lion and 10.6.8 so as soon as i get a moment to do some work on it ill get after a roleup and try to fix some bugs hope to get teh 3dx working correctly i have a laptop with a 3x card now.

Hi all i have a sony vaio with ati HD3470 can be used if I do a dump with Aida (old everest) and post it if it can be used to develop

I have seven already on your computer - xp sp3 - ubunto 10.2.4 all work perfect, if I can do some tests just ask ... I tell you right away that I'm not a programmer

this is my report of aida64 on vaio

Report_VAIO_whit_HD_34xx.txt

I'm still working on it but its slow and finding time is a pain i hope to launch a new set of kexts on lion release date using lion final GM with added support and a roll up guide on how to make most cards work .... on the mobile front I'm gone have to work on it i got a mobile laptop that is ati based but convincing the wife in to letting me play with it is the problem :hysterical: Ill keep you guys up to speed as it progresses

best regards

LinearBurn

Greetings,

Have a Sony Vaio vgn-fw31zj with HD 3650 [1002:9591]

bootloaderWith graphicsenabler=no

and Tried your Beta4

kextstats:

70 0 0x5d7e7000 0x12e000 0x12d000 com.apple.kext.ATISupport (6.3.4) <69 14 13 7 5 4 3 1> 82 0 0x5dfb0000 0x247000 0x246000 com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000 (6.3.4) <81 69 14 7 6 5 4 3 1>

can only get 1400x1050 of resolution

• 1 month later...

I am curios, what frame buffer did you use to get the internal screen to work? That is the one I am struggling with. I have a Acer 7740G and it appears to have similar specs as your Acer. The problem is my internal screen is always dark with the backlight enabled when I use GraphicsEnabler=yes.

Hello

First of all Thank to Linear Burn, I cant really thank you enough

I have an Acer 5740G, i5 430M with ATI mobility 5470 512MB, VGA & HDMI output and an external 23' Screen, and just like everybody else, I was trying to get my GPU/Screen correctly detected

I have 10.6.7 Installed, with Nawcom legacy 10.7 kernel , Chimera v1.4.1 r877 (installed with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.7.2--> [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]), i386, VoodooHDA deleted, otherwise no other changes(Installing the OS is another LONG story)

I used Beta3 because it was the one being reported to work, copied manually the files, then used Kext utility and rebooted

The external screen got detected, both internal and external were working, but resolution were not correctly detected/listed

I had to manually test other Ati framebuffers, till I found Peregrine

so basically, I booted with this line: AtiConfig=Peregrine

The internal screen was not detected --> a nice side effect The external screen got correctly detected using both VGA and HDMI, and the appropriate screen resolutions showed up, 1920x1080 works correctly

I'm not sure if QE/QC is enabled, but VLC seems to play 720p videos without any problem

Anyway, thanks for all, all I need now is to fireup xcode & ios sdk and I'll probably give VoodooHDA a try later

Have nice day

What is your screen resolution? You may need the Dual-Link patch for your screen to work

It is 1600x900. I have heard of the Dual-Link patch but was not sure if that applied to ATI like mine. If that is the case I will try it. Any good guides on how to apply the patch?