ATI Native drivers

LinearBurn

213 posts in this topic

Someone tested this driver on Mobility Radeon HD 3450 device-id 0x95c4?

My specs are in the forum sign

Thanks a lot in advance

Anyway thanks for your hard work it's appreciated and awsome either if my graphic card will be supported or not...It's a great evolution for the community

So wait, could this possibly bring QE/CI to the Radeon HD 3200 (support for it before didn't exist due to lack of drivers)?

Edit: If theres hope, then I'll get me a copy of OS X to try it out :blink:

Edit2: Btw, here's my hardware details:

Radeon HD 3200 Mobility (I can install Desktop drivers with no isues, but this is in a laptop, so I assume Mobility)

Compatible Id: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9610

Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9612&SUBSYS_308C103C

256MB Dedicated, Up to 1405-1406MB total from HyperMemory on Win7

So wait, could this possibly bring QE/CI to the Radeon HD 3200 (support for it before didn't exist due to lack of drivers)?

Edit: If theres hope, then I'll get me a copy of OS X to try it out :)

Edit2: Btw, here's my hardware details:

Radeon HD 3200 Mobility (I can install Desktop drivers with no isues, but this is in a laptop, so I assume Mobility)

Compatible Id: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9610

Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9612&SUBSYS_308C103C

256MB Dedicated, Up to 1405-1406MB total from HyperMemory on Win7

Im still working on mobility support im learning framebuffers in my spare time i work 14 hours a day so time is sparis it seems as of late weekend is here so maby ill get some work done

Im still working on mobility support im learning framebuffers in my spare time i work 14 hours a day so time is sparis it seems as of late weekend is here so maby ill get some work done

Alright cool, glad to see you actually trying to make this possible :) Always wanted to run OS X on my new laptop (with gaming in mind).

But out of curiosity, whats the difference between the desktop and mobility hardware? Other then the display options that is anyway.

The main differnace is the lvds, on the frambuffer usualy they have between 2-4 outputs and commonly what seems to be happining is the ports are not maped correctly .... the external ports work good internal lvds not working. what i hope to do is make the lvds always port 0 and then move down the list for mobile

Hi guys!

First of all, thanks for everybody who works on adding support of ATI cards.

I met some issues after installing iAtkos 10.6.6 v2, so let me explain the situation.

I installed that distro on my Dell Inspiron 1545 with Mobility Radeon HD 4330 (256 MB RAM). I chose Chameleon v2 RC5 from iAtkos disk. And then I saw screen with wrong resolution (I didn't do a screenshot, but I think it's not necessary). After trying to use Dong's method, I realised that it's too hard and complicated (English is not my native language), so I tried your kexts. I've installed everything from Beta 3, set all permissions, and cleared cache. So, everything is unmodified except your kexts from Beta 3. And this is what I have now:

1) system loads with GraphicsEnabler=No and with native resolution 1366x768x32, BUT with no QE/CL. What is loaded: ATI4600Controller, ATISupport, ATIRadeonX2000, ATIRadeonX3000, RadeonHD. ATIFramebuffer is not loaded (I tried to load it "by hands" with kextload, it seems to be loaded then, but nothing changes). As you can see on the picture in attachment, the system recognizes my graphic card correctly (sorry, the screenshot is in Russian locale, but I think everything is clear). AtiConfig boot parameter is unnecessary, I think - I tried it with RadeonFramebuffer value, and undefined - in both cases the system starts and work perfect except QE/CL and strange cursor (block of colored lines, you can see it on screenshot).

2) the second case: I write GraphicsEnabler=Yes, then system starts (verbose output doesn't show any graphic problems). After it starts, cursor looks normal (except "plain" shadow), but the other graphic looks like blocks (see another screenshot in attachment). But even in this case I can switch off the system, so everything except graphic card works.

Sorry if I didn't provide the full required information, just tell me what to do and I'll post it. I really appreciate any help. Thanks for everybody who will help me!

post-418191-1305450646_thumb.jpg

post-418191-1305450781_thumb.jpg

The main differnace is the lvds, on the frambuffer usualy they have between 2-4 outputs and commonly what seems to be happining is the ports are not maped correctly .... the external ports work good internal lvds not working. what i hope to do is make the lvds always port 0 and then move down the list for mobile

So you don't need our graphic bios for mobile card?

What do you mean with "move down the list for mobile"?

Maybe this can help you (ATI 4570 Mobility "EliteGroup":

Peregrine:

VGA	  02 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 09 01 00 00 02 01 01 02
LVDS	10 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 10 00 01

Both will work and i can change the res to 1366x768/1980x1080. On the VGA Output the screen is not centred. NO QE/CI!!!

BIOS Dump:

ATOM BIOS Rom: 
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1019 SubsystemID: 0x2379
IOBaseAddress: 0x9000
Filename: BR033553.004
BIOS Bootup Message: 
BR033553.004 M92 DDR2 64bit 500e/500m									   

PCI ID: 1002:9553
Connector at index 0
Type [@offset 45504]: VGA (1)
Encoder [@offset 45508]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
i2cid [@offset 45548]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1
Connector at index 1
Type [@offset 45514]: LVDS (7)
Encoder [@offset 45518]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21)
i2cid [@offset 45571]: 0x91, OSX senseid: 0x2

Can someone tell me how i can enable QE/CI?

Hmm, well with my laptop, I have an external monitor hooked to it 95% of the time. Is there a chance that these kexts might still work then? I don't really mind LVDS not working, but helping making it work would be nice.

@spac3man:

RadeonHD.kext should not be used together with ATIFramebuffer.kext + ATIxxxxController.kext

Also only one ATIRadeonXxxxx.kext should be loaded at any time

OK, I removed RadeonHD.kext and ATIRadeonX3000.kext. Now if I use GraphicsEnabler=No flag, the system loads, but doesn't even recognize my graphic card. Resolution resets to default 1024x768. As I determined, it happens because RadeonHD.kext doesn't load.

If I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes, the same screen with colored blocks appears.

ATIFramebuffer.kext doesn't load on boot, but here's output of kextutil:

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIFramebuffer.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
Loading /System/Library/Extensions/ATIFramebuffer.kext.
/System/Library/Extensions/ATIFramebuffer.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).

I use the bioses to look at the outputs and get dumpsfrom them i use them but atm im working on 1-2 that i got and hope get up to speed on them

the problem with distros is thay are hevely modded so there is no telling what is breaking the install

I got a Mobility HD3470 (devID: 95C4).

After adding all the kexts it gets displayed as 'unknown' in SystemProfiler and only ATISupport.kext & ATIRadeonX3000.kext get loaded. (That's with GraphicsEnabler activated.)

If you need additional information let me know!

Thanks for trying to make this work, really appreciate it.

X3000 shouldnt load. ATIRadeonX2000.kext is responsible for HD2xxx to HD4xxx cards. Move your cards ID over to it

After adding the device id to the right kext (and removing it from the other) the result is similar:

ATIRadeonX2000.kext as well as ATISupport.kext get loaded but not one of the *Controller.kext's nor the framebuffer kext.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT:

Also found this in dmesg output:

ATY,Megalodon: Not usable

Hmm, well with my laptop, I have an external monitor hooked to it 95% of the time. Is there a chance that these kexts might still work then? I don't really mind LVDS not working, but helping making it work would be nice.

Just re-asking, I finally got a hold of OS X Snow Leopard again, would love to try it out if theres hope :)

here is my result

laptop dell inspirion n7010 intel i5

ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 1G

ATI Radeon HD 5000:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5000

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x68e0

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1600 x 900

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

VGA Display:

Resolution: 800 x 600 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

loaded kexts

ATI5000Controller

ATIFramebuffer

ATIRadeonX3000

ATISupport

problems :

vlc not working , front row , final cut , etc

about the QE/CI i have everything working except water effect in dashboard .

and here is my IOREG http://pastebin.com/T2Cjbnhz

Thanks In Advance ,

nassef

OK, guys, I think I'm closer to finish =)

Now when I boot with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes", I have QE/CI, native resolution, BUT all colors are strange. I can read text, but everything looks ugly.

What is the problem?

ATOM BIOS Rom: 
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1028 SubsystemID: 0x02aa
IOBaseAddress: 0xde00
Filename: BR31245C.001
BIOS Bootup Message: 
Dell_Roberts_M92S_GDDR3 M92 GDDR3 64bit 450e/600m						   

PCI ID: 1002:9552
Connector at index 0
Type [@offset 45802]: VGA (1)
Encoder [@offset 45806]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
i2cid [@offset 45846]: 0x91, OSX senseid: 0x2
Connector at index 1
Type [@offset 45812]: LVDS (7)
Encoder [@offset 45816]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21)
i2cid [@offset 45869]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

At least, can you tell me please offsets for various framebuffers in your kexts (topic1, BETA3)? I'll try to patch it by myself.