ATI Native drivers

LinearBurn

213 posts in this topic

Im using Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r750

Im looking in to it im asuming your using the internel display right? or externel?

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the internal display.

I will try the new Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r753 that jpa has mentioned and see how it goes.

How about the AtiConfig setting? Do I need to change it or does it have any real impact with these drivers? I am also assuming that GraphicsEnabler has to be set to Yes.

I just tried beta 3, and things still aren't working, but it's different than before. I have a Sapphire 6870 (1002:6738, subsys vendor 174b, id e177), and with beta 3 both panels come up in the correct resolution but solid grey (no login, no cursor). I can ssh into my system, and see that the ATI6000Controller and AITRadeonX3000 kexts have been loaded, as they are in my working 10.6.7 MBP version.

I just tried beta 3, and things still aren't working, but it's different than before. I have a Sapphire 6870 (1002:6738, subsys vendor 174b, id e177), and with beta 3 both panels come up in the correct resolution but solid grey (no login, no cursor). I can ssh into my system, and see that the ATI6000Controller and AITRadeonX3000 kexts have been loaded, as they are in my working 10.6.7 MBP version.

try this

Using GFX-STRING, add device-properties in com.apple.Boot.plist

- get gfx-string: gfxutil -i xml -o hex HD6870.aml ~/Desktop/HD6870.hex (for an example)

- use TextEdit to open HD6870.hex, then copy all number into device-properties of com.apple.Boot.plist

gfx_string.zip

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>device-properties</key>

<string> add gfx-string here </string>

I saw this on this post and it may fix you idk try it ... it is a way to define the frame buffer

orignal post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...;p=1669244&

This has got me thinking i bet you can do this trick on mobile cards to define the correct frame buffer if you know the values and such that are needed if your mobile cards were using the correct framebuffer personaltys it would detect display ports correctly

try this

- get gfx-string: gfxutil -i xml -o hex HD6870.aml ~/Desktop/HD6870.hex (for an example)

- use TextEdit to open HD6870.hex, then copy all number into device-properties of com.apple.Boot.plist

gfx_string.zip

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

I saw this on this post and it may fix you idk try it ... it is a way to define the frame buffer

This has got me thinking i bet you can do this trick on mobile cards to define the correct frame buffer if you know the values and such that are needed if your mobile cards were using the correct framebuffer personaltys it would detect display ports correctly

I haven't used GFX strings in boot plist since the old 9800GT days, Wondering if it makes a difference?

Acer 7740G

ATI Mobility RADEON HD 5470 (PARK PRO/XT GL)

512 MBytes of GDDR3 SDRAM

Hardware ID: 68E0

I have not had any success with getting QE/CI or even the correct resultion to work (I'm stuck with 1024x768).

Is there a speicfic boot file I should be using? I tried different versions, but not sure what I should be using.

Yes, Andy in this board kindly created a 'boot' in this POST for me which works for HD5470 Mobility, no Injector in /E/E or modification of /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist with AtiConfig is required because I've requested him to add the code into ati.c to support HD5470 Mobility's Device ID with default framebuffer personality = Eulemur (I don't know if this is the correct framebuffer to use with HD 5470 but at least it recognized all 3 ports in my notebook).

You need to have GraphicsEnabler=Yes to use this boot. You can change whatever resolution your card support with this boot but QE/CI is still not working, I believe this is kexts issue instead of the boot loader.

Also, how about the com.apple.Boot.plist file. This is what I have:

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Hoolock</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1600x900x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=i386</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Just noticed that Andy's work were being implemented into Chimera v1.1.0 r753 and it is included with the latest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] v3.5.2

Please remove "AtiConfig" and "Graphics Mode" from your com.apple.Boot.plist if you use Andy's 'boot'.

Yes, Andy in this board kindly created a 'boot' in this POST for me which works for HD5470 Mobility, no Injector in /E/E or modification of /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist with AtiConfig is required because I've requested him to add the code into ati.c to support HD5470 Mobility's Device ID with default framebuffer personality = Eulemur (I don't know if this is the correct framebuffer to use with HD 5470 but at least it recognized all 3 ports in my notebook).

You need to have GraphicsEnabler=Yes to use this boot. You can change whatever resolution your card support with this boot but QE/CI is still not working, I believe this is kexts issue instead of the boot loader.

Just noticed that Andy's work were being implemented into Chimera v1.1.0 r753 and it is included with the latest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] v3.5.2

Please remove "AtiConfig" and "Graphics Mode" from your com.apple.Boot.plist if you use Andy's 'boot'.

Sam when you use the injector what kexts are loading now?

I tried it with the Chimera v1.1.0 r753 and the BETA 3 drivers using GraphicsEnabler=yes. I have also removed AtiConfig and GraphicsMode from com.apple.Boot.plist.

While it does boot up, the screen itself is blank. However, I am able to VNC into the system and see that these drivers listed below are loaded:

ATI5000Controller 7.0.62

ATISupport 7.0.62

ATIFamebuffer 7.0.62

ATIRadeonX3000 1.6.26

I have included a picture of what I can see via VNC. It appears that the correct video driver is loaded.

Is there anything else I can try?

post-733746-1304433852_thumb.png

are you using Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r753?

Yes.

I tried it with the Chimera v1.1.0 r753 and the BETA 3 drivers using GraphicsEnabler=yes. I have also removed AtiConfig and GraphicsMode from com.apple.Boot.plist.

While it does boot up, the screen itself is blank. However, I am able to VNC into the system and see that these drivers listed below are loaded:

ATI5000Controller 7.0.62

ATISupport 7.0.62

ATIFamebuffer 7.0.62

ATIRadeonX3000 1.6.26

I have included a picture of what I can see via VNC. It appears that the correct video driver is loaded.

Is there anything else I can try?

Good, it mean your HD 5470 is being correctly recognized... they are the same set of kexts being loaded in my notebook when GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Now you need to test different framebuffer with AtiConfig as the boot option, do you know how many output ports in your notebook? The default framebuffer is for 3 ports including the internal display.

Hello

I tested the kexts on ati radeon mobility 4530 and Radeon Mobility x1250

there are the kexts: ATI4600Controller

ATISupport

ATIRadeonX3000

Has ATIRadeonX2000

who is responsible but no QE / CI and no resolution

thank you for your help

coridalement

thebestnono

try this

gfx_string.zip

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

Is this different from specifying one of the hardcoded framebuffers in the DSDT or using Andy's bootloader? I've tried all the known 6000 framebuffers on my 10.6.7 drivers (Duckweed, Gibba, Elodea, etc) and none of them enable the second DVI port -- that's why I've been interested in trying out these new 10.7 drivers.

Hello

I tested the kexts on ati radeon mobility 4530 and Radeon Mobility x1250

there are the kexts: ATI4600Controller

ATISupport

ATIRadeonX3000

Has ATIRadeonX2000

who is responsible but no QE / CI and no resolution

thank you for your help

coridalement

thebestnono

Radeon Mobility x1250 i dont know if i got that one in a kext unless its in the offical support your probaly gona have to force the frame buffer to make the mobil work on internel displays

Is this different from specifying one of the hardcoded framebuffers in the DSDT or using Andy's bootloader? I've tried all the known 6000 framebuffers on my 10.6.7 drivers (Duckweed, Gibba, Elodea, etc) and none of them enable the second DVI port -- that's why I've been interested in trying out these new 10.7 drivers.

im not sure what framebuffers are in the 10.7 drivers ill look and see if i can find out if there are more

these are the other frame buffers you can try

Pithecia

Bulrushes

Cattail

Hydrilla

Fanwort

Has anyone had success with x1000 cards?

Even though Apple is including new versions of the drivers for the x1k cards the drivers in Snow Leopard have been kept at version 6.26. The ATI drivers included in 10.6.7 are version 6.32 but when I install the 10.6.7 update on a system with an x1k card the ATI drivers do not get updated.

Manually installing drivers newer than 6.26 for x1k cards does not seem to work "native"ly on Snow Leopard. I haven't tried any injectors or {censored} because my x1k card systems work fine without them and I don't want to mess them up. My x1900 is pretty much an ATI reference model so only GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon is needed. The PCI IDs don't need to be toyed with or anything.

In any case the x1k cards are an old and separate code base in the Radeon drivers. On Windows and Linux the drivers have not been updated since 2009. It's likely that the same applies to the x1k drivers for OSX. I'm guessing Apple has made only minor changes at most to the driver for these cards. Maybe a change or two to make it harder on hackintosh users.

Tried out Beta3. Same result as just putting in plain Lion kexts. The no kext message in Sysprofiler is gone, but no Res-Select and QE/CI. Kext Wizard states that ATI4600Controller.kext, ATIRadeonX2000.kext, ATIRadeonX3000.kext and ATISupport.kext are loaded.

I've got an HP DV7-2160eg laptop running 10.6.7 with voodoo kernel. Graphics is Mobility HD4650 (1002:9480)

Now running on dongs RadeonHD.kext again, to have full nativ res at least

EDIT: May X2000 and X3000 be conflicting?

Tried out Beta3. Same result as just putting in plain Lion kexts. The no kext message in Sysprofiler is gone, but no Res-Select and QE/CI. Kext Wizard states that ATI4600Controller.kext, ATIRadeonX2000.kext, ATIRadeonX3000.kext and ATISupport.kext are loaded.

I've got an HP DV7-2160eg laptop running 10.6.7 with voodoo kernel. Graphics is Mobility HD4650 (1002:9480)

EDIT: May X2000 and X3000 be conflicting?

for sure i dont know why ATIRadeonX2000.kext is loading open the info plist in the ATIRadeonX2000.kext and search for you hardware id (9480) if its in there delete it

ATI4600Controller.kext ATIRadeonX3000.kext and ATISupport.kext atiframebuffer.kext should be the ones loaded

hi!

Recently i had to change all my system...!

I Had all installed and working ok!

ok, so now i have to start again!

I got a "His 6970" and a "Asus Sabertooth X58", do you think i can

have SL again?

some little help to start with?

My Graphic Card:

DevId: 1002-6718

Subvendor: ATI (1002)

Bios: 013.008.000.009.039303

thx :(

for sure i dont know why ATIRadeonX2000.kext is loading open the info plist in the ATIRadeonX2000.kext and search for you hardware id (9480) if its in there delete it

ATI4600Controller.kext ATIRadeonX3000.kext and ATISupport.kext atiframebuffer.kext should be the ones loaded

Okay, I'll give that a shot and then call back

Hey Lordadmiral Drake.

I have a HP DV7-3012eo laptop running 10.6.7 with Legacy_kernel. And the same 4650m (1002:9480)

I've read through the topics I could find on this great forum about the 4650m. Every time I tried something new, I'd do it on a fresh install.

So far I have not got the card recognized when it would boot (using GraphicsEnabler=No) or I've been stuck at "Ati card posted, loading vbios from leagacy space" Followed by a perfect white screen, where it stops loading (using GraphicsEnabler=Yes)

The weird thing is, when i use the radeonhd.kext you mentioned to get full resolution, it seems my card is recognized (it states the exact name in system profiler) though only with 256mb vram.

My head is spinning right now!

I'll keep following the topics, and see how it all evolves.

Thanks to all of you for your great work!

So. I've removed the string from ATIRadeonX2000.kext info.plist

Same result as before. No res-change. No QE/CI

Kext Wizard Shows that ATISupport.kext, ATIRadeonX3000.kext and ATI4600Controller.kext are loaded

I'm using Chimera 1.1.0 Bootloader now

I tried the same, delete the 9480 entry in the ATIRadeonX2000.kext info plist.

With Chimera 1.1.0 bootloader:

With GraphicsEnabler=No, it boots up but my card is not recognized and and theres no entry where the text is not loaded should be.

With GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it says "Ati card posted, loading vbios from legacy space" Then complete white screen and nothing else happens.

With boot cd (mod cd newest version, the one I use to install retail with)

With GraphicsEnabler=No, it boots. My card is not recognized and there no kext not loaded entry.

With GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it boots. It blacklists all the ATI kexts suplied here. But now there is the entry Kext not loaded!

With GraphicsEnabler=Yes, blacklist=0, it boots. But the keyboard and mouse can't interact with the desktop. I have to vnc in and then i can use the desktop. Card is not recognized but there s the Kext not loaded entry.

hi

I have 5470 with true resolution but QE/CI is not enabled.

I wan't to try DSDT.aml

I have Asus K52JR

I extract DSDT bin file with EVEREST

but I can't compile it

it's giving me many errors

can you compile it for me?

http://www.mediafire.com/?epgvn7g2bl5zl2z

I guess that is the best we can get from HD 5470, I've tried DSDT.aml method but no help in enable QE/CI, I believe need to wait until someone can fix it from the kexts.

Yes.

Good, it mean your HD 5470 is being correctly recognized... they are the same set of kexts being loaded in my notebook when GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Now you need to test different framebuffer with AtiConfig as the boot option, do you know how many output ports in your notebook? The default framebuffer is for 3 ports including the internal display.

I believe I have three display ports. I have the VGA, HDMI, and the internal display. I tried a different framebuffer (Hoolock) but I got the same result. I can try some other frambuffer values but I suspect it's an issue with the internal display since I assume it uses LVDS and it may not be getting detected properly.