ATI Native drivers

LinearBurn

213 posts in this topic

hi

I have 5470 with true resolution but QE/CI is not enabled.

I wan't to try DSDT.aml

I have Asus K52JR

I extract DSDT bin file with EVEREST

but I can't compile it

it's giving me many errors

can you compile it for me?

http://www.mediafire.com/?epgvn7g2bl5zl2z

look on the DSDT thread There is a p[ost to help with that they fixed my m4n89gtd-pro DSDT

look on the DSDT thread There is a p[ost to help with that they fixed my m4n89gtd-pro DSDT

When i get home ill look through my notes on framebuffers may end up having to hack the framebuffer to make your port detection work ... im on the same thought as you tho there has to be a way to do it with out the drastice hex editing .. I understand how the kext loading works to a point . however im not sure what singles the QE/CI to load and become active i know it has to do with the bundles some how but not 100% sure if some one could school me in the load process .. linking? id apricate it

Im working on collecting a set of custome atiframebuffer for mobile users im thinking what will eventualy happen Ill have the main kext pack for desktop and a custome for mobile with the individual framebuffers for the differnt mobile chipsets What Was wondering is what is the most important to you for a second output / internal LVDS is primary / Hdmi or VGA for secondary

Im working on collecting a set of custome atiframebuffer for mobile users im thinking what will eventualy happen Ill have the main kext pack for desktop and a custome for mobile with the individual framebuffers for the differnt mobile chipsets What Was wondering is what is the most important to you for a second output / internal LVDS is primary / Hdmi or VGA for secondary

We can't wait to for Beta 4 :)

Do you think use 1.6.32 ?

Can't wait for that to happen ;) As for your question regarding the secondary ouput, HDMI would be the preferable one.

To recap, I have not been able to get the Acer 7740g w/ ATI HD 5470 mobility card to succesfully use QE/CI and I also can't get it to display in the native resolution either using the internal display.

I am currently using Chimera v1.1.0 r753 which does boot up but the internal display is blank (I am able to VNC into it and verify that the ATI kext is loaded).

I even tried all the available framebuffers for the ATI5000Controller that are listed here:

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=833.0

However, the results are mostly the same except some of them don't enable the internal display at all.

If you mobile guys could make a video bios dump for you MGPU's i need several for the same gpu series so i can see the differances in the outputs and will eventualy need a few brave people to test custome framebuffers when i get to that point my primary goal is LVDS then work on fixing other stuff i think most people will be happy with just internel display for the most part then later fix other stuff im digging through fourms collecting info ... im using a desktop board so i need ginney pigs when i get a test file ready any volentires pm me As i get enough bios dumps ill post what ones i got on the first page

I have attached my video bios dump.

I am more than willing to try out any test file you my come up with.

Thanks for the effort.

PS. I was going to send you this as a PM with the file attached. However, I couldn't figure out how to attach the file to the PM.

ok ill work on this tonight Im epecting this project to last a while depends on what help i get from the other guys that have already premodded there buffers.. If i can get there already modded buffers it saves me the time it takes to hack and chope the buffers for every laptop ... what im hopeing tosee as i get in to this most laptops have common ports so i can use a generic on some and just do custome on the ones that badly need it.

If you mobile guys could make a video bios dump for you MGPU's i need several for the same gpu series so i can see the differances in the outputs and will eventualy need a few brave people to test custome framebuffers when i get to that point my primary goal is LVDS then work on fixing other stuff i think most people will be happy with just internel display for the most part then later fix other stuff im digging through fourms collecting info ... im using a desktop board so i need ginney pigs when i get a test file ready any volentires pm me As i get enough bios dumps ill post what ones i got on the first page

Here is my Mobility 5470 1Gb dumps

http://www.mediafire.com/?d0m9ox0b67pby1s

Here are some Infos about my ATI Radeon HD 4570 Mobility, DevID 0x9553 (Elitegroupe)

./RadeonDump -i

Found a device of class RadeonPCI: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/AGP@1/IOPCI2PCIBridge/VGA@0/RadeonPCI
it matched on name "display"
Detected unknown Card (device id: 0x9553)
It's not in known card list, treat as card with device id: 0x9511
Detect EDID may fail for this card.
0x1002:  00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Start I2C dump
ATOM BIOS detected
ATOM BIOS Rom: 
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1019 SubsystemID: 0x2379
IOBaseAddress: 0x9000
Filename: BR033553.004
BIOS Bootup Message: 
BR033553.004 M92 DDR2 64bit 500e/500m									   

object id 0005 01
src object id 2115 21
record type 1
rhdAtomParseI2CRecord:  I2C Record: GPIO_ID 9 EngineID: 0 I2CAddr: 0
ddc_line from ATOMBIOS: 0x0
record type 4
object id 000e 01
src object id 2121 33
record type 1
rhdAtomParseI2CRecord:  I2C Record: HW_Line 9 EngineID: 0 I2CAddr: 0
ddc_line from ATOMBIOS: 0x0
record type 4

BIOS Dump:

mac$ ./radeondump < 9553.0301.00E0.vga.rom 
ATOM BIOS Rom: 
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1019 SubsystemID: 0x2379
IOBaseAddress: 0x9000
Filename: BR033553.004
BIOS Bootup Message: 
BR033553.004 M92 DDR2 64bit 500e/500m 

Connector at index 0 type: VGA (1)
Connector's i2cid: 90
Connector at index 1 type: LVDS (7)
Connector's i2cid: 91

DL BIOS: http://db.tt/OxSn7vR

hey guys, I think I'm finally getting somewhere!

Usually I only get to a white screen where boot up stops, or onto desktop with no kext loaded for my gfx card.

Now I'm getting this:

post-618084-1304772845_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know how I can fix the issue with not being able to load the kext?

It does boot onto desktop, and I can move the curser around but it wont interact with anything.

I have to vnc in, and control it from there. But the kext is obviously not loaded

Ah sorry should have provided more info I guess :]

I am running 10.6.7! retail dvd 10.6.3 install with osx86 mod cd! Then used the combo update to 10.6.7

Installed the kexts with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. Repaired cache and permissions. reboot with -f cpus=1. I then got onto desktop gfx card not recognized and the kexts not loaded.

The I reboot with -v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes. And that's how I got to the situation in my previous post!

hey guys, I think I'm finally getting somewhere!

Usually I only get to a white screen where boot up stops, or onto desktop with no kext loaded for my gfx card.

Now I'm getting this:

post-618084-1304772845_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know how I can fix the issue with not being able to load the kext?

It does boot onto desktop, and I can move the curser around but it wont interact with anything.

I have to vnc in, and control it from there. But the kext is obviously not loaded

the problem its with your ati4600controller.kext .

search forum and download kextutility .install all kext using it.

and go to diskutility and take repairpremision fix in your mac drive.

go back to kext utility and rebuild your cache (remove the repair premision fix tick)

reboot

Can you attach yout kext(s) here plz?

Your Laptops hardware is almost exactly the same as mine. Me having an Athlon X2 2.1GHz and DDR2 memory

I've had a major breakthrough!

I took the kexts and rom from this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1680267

Took Muchas Modded shrike boot file from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1655182 last in the post

I booted with -v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PciRoot=1

Now My card is being recognized, kext loaded with a res of 1600x900 but for now it's only on VGA output, My internal display is black with flickering blue artifacts..

I remember reading in another topic about someone who had the same card and the 17.3" who got it working, so I guess il have to start diggin through posts, and hopefully get the internal working!

i think the problem with your internal display is from sense id my laptop is dv6 and you is dv7 -compare your video rom dump with mine and just replace the number that is diffrent.

its may be get your internal dispaly work.

I'm sorry to say, that I have no idea how to do that >_<

I've had a major breakthrough!

I took the kexts and rom from this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1680267

Took Muchas Modded shrike boot file from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1655182 last in the post

I booted with -v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PciRoot=1

Now My card is being recognized, kext loaded with a res of 1600x900 but for now it's only on VGA output, My internal display is black with flickering blue artifacts..

I remember reading in another topic about someone who had the same card and the 17.3" who got it working, so I guess il have to start diggin through posts, and hopefully get the internal working!

I'm sorry to say, that I have no idea how to do that >_<

download this radeon dump tools from bcc9 and get your memory dump using it (get your video memory dump using everest (search the google for it) and go to your mac os x copy your memory dump to desktop and renam it to memory.rom open terminaland and switch to desktop type (./radeon_bios_decode < memory.rom > encoder.txt) it save your sense id to desktop

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=90340

compare the output with this shrike modded (the last number in each line is for sense id )and just replace with id that getting from radon dump

02 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 09 01 00 00 12 00 00 07  LVDS
10 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 10 01 06 VGA
00 08 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 20 01 02 01  HDMI

Ok I did what you wrote, but the encoder.txt didnt look anything like yours :/

Mine looks like this:

ATOM BIOS Rom:

SubsystemVendorID: 0x103c SubsystemID: 0x3637

IOBaseAddress: 0x7000

Filename: BR34877.001

BIOS Bootup Message:

BR34877.001 M96 DDR3 128bit 550e/667m

PCI ID: 1002:9480

Connector at index 0

Type [@offset 45486]: LVDS (7)

Encoder [@offset 45490]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21)

i2cid [@offset 45548]: 0x96, OSX senseid: 0x7

Connector at index 1

Type [@offset 45496]: VGA (1)

Encoder [@offset 45500]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)

i2cid [@offset 45571]: 0x95, OSX senseid: 0x6

Connector at index 2

Type [@offset 45506]: HDMI-A (11)

Encoder [@offset 45510]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)

i2cid [@offset 45594]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

The weird thing is, that my laptops screen is black and backlit.

And as you can see on the image, the internal display is recognized and online

but as said, just black and back lit!

Image is taken on the monitor connected to the vga port.

post-618084-1304805965_thumb.jpg

Attached with my HD 5470 Mobility BIOS ROM, it works with Chimera v1.1.0 r753 GraphicsEnabler=Yes, can change resolution but just no QE/CI.

N4010HD5470_BIOS_1002_68E0_04561028.zip