Legacy kernel 10.7.0 with custom dyld

51 posts in this topic

after fiddling with graphics...had to create a new account in order to log in to my mac(from safe boot)...old account crashes with double kp (machine check)...i fear the sse3 emu will never be a go in Snow :wacko: ( but it works soo much better than 10.5.8 ...when it works) :D just a polite nudge to remind everyone of the need...thx andy and all who help...'nuf said...

Hi Andy,

I know that VoodooSSE3 is wrong as I previously checked on Tiger with CeleronM350 (SSE2 only).

I have another emulator that 4 times slower but not crashes. It will be good if you can use it.

EmuSSE3_v581.zip

Just tested this over nawcom's 10.7.0 kernel and Im seeing no problems whatsoever. Garageband needs NO patching. Actually, no apps need patching on my machine. (Pentium 4 630 [LGA775]). System feels snappier too; but I'm going to test some more stuff. Thanks AnV! Hope you make a patched kernel for Lion when the sources are available!

Hi Andy,

I know that VoodooSSE3 is wrong as I previously checked on Tiger with CeleronM350 (SSE2 only).

I have another emulator that 4 times slower but not crashes. It will be good if you can use it.

EmuSSE3_v581.zip

I'll attempt to integrate it and well see what happens.

Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:D SSE3emu....where are you? :)

It'll come soon when I have the time to rebuild the kernel... ;)

thx for the update Andy...i see you are busy everywhere...we all appreciate your time and effort... :mellow:

Yeah and mostly busy with my daily life.

I'm studying to become a systems administrator... (lots of Windows Server 2008 R2 as breakfast... ;) ).

Yeah and mostly busy with my daily life.

I'm studying to become a systems administrator... (lots of Windows Server 2008 R2 as breakfast... :( ).

I also passed the MCITP. ;)

Would be interessting which one you´re doing right now?

I also passed the MCITP. :unsure:

Would be interessting which one you´re doing right now?

We just passed our Cisco CCNA tests and right now we are learning all about the latest Windows Server (Group Policy was our last subject, but we still have a lot to cover).

Boa Tarde, Maldon podias-me explicar como se instala este kernel, ainda sou nob nisto, e meu kernel dá-me o seguinte erro "Warning Kernel was not build with custom dyld blob", mas eu não sei como instalar este kernel podias-me ajudar? obrigado

• 2 weeks later...

Now for Lion, there is the new ssse3 problem that needed another emulator (?)

So a Pentium D 820 won't run Lion? even with CPU strings checks patched?

I think I would get this error on Pentium D in Lion

From Xnu bug reporter:

Second bug:

"commpage no match" is related to Pentium D not having SSSE3 but having 64bit capability, thus the proper

bcopy routine cannot be found during commpage stuffing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently using Nawcom's last released legacy kernel to run 10.6.8 on my Phenom II x4 (well actually it's an Athlon X2 5500+ unlocked to a 4 core deneb, branded "Phenom FX-5000" after the unlock).

I boot with arch=i386 -force64 maxmem=4096. However, I would like to boot with arch=x86_64 so I can use all 6GB of memory available to my system.

This does not appear to be possible with nawcom's kernel, but is it with this one? What would I have to do to switch properly? Are there certain things that would need to be patched?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm currently using Nawcom's last released legacy kernel to run 10.6.8 on my Phenom II x4 (well actually it's an Athlon X2 5500+ unlocked to a 4 core deneb, branded "Phenom FX-5000" after the unlock).

I boot with arch=i386 -force64 maxmem=4096. However, I would like to boot with arch=x86_64 so I can use all 6GB of memory available to my system.

This does not appear to be possible with nawcom's kernel, but is it with this one? What would I have to do to switch properly? Are there certain things that would need to be patched?

It´s so as akimoa allready said. It is not possible to run amd in 64 bit kernel mode, just 64 bit userland.

But it´s also possible to use more then 4 gb with 32 bit kernel and 64 bit userland.

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...