Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

Side notes: Safari 5.1 is pretty cool!

and yeah, I'd be ranting on about the animations and how I like them and when no one else does. It's not THAT buggy is it? Maybe I'm just not a tech freak. But yeah.

No, it's not that buggy especially as it's a developer preview and I'm quite surprised at how functional the system actually is. I now want to get a magic mouse for my hack as using with one on my iMac, 10.7 is a joy to use with all the gestures; It's great to be able to do some much just from the mouse!! Nice work Apple. :D

How do i pass boot arguments (such as "-v") to [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.2???

From [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], press 'M' to see the settings and to set your boot flags.

I've attached a screenshot showing the default settings that [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] gave me for my system.

post-331032-1299060941_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I'm loving the full screen apps, working with Safari, nice work.

And yeah, they've inputted a lot of mouse gestures, too bad I only have a standard mouse. Most things are quite functional with minimal kexts. Cool. :D

I also just noticed that Safari has auto-correction! Wooaaah. :D

I'll reiterate my question seeing as it hasn't been answered. :)

I have successfully installed this thing yet I am unable to get my GTX 260 working at native resolution (1680x1050). It will only use the resolution that this XPC/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] stick is set to which only gives me to 1280x1024.

Any suggestions? It also states my GFX card is 5mb in System Info with obviously no QE/CI.

Sorry DarkNovaGamer, I am inexperienced in those types of cards. I'm using ATI which Netkas has provided us with. Maybe.. If you previously used a vanilla next and edited it by adding your dev.id. try it with Lion kexts. If not, try any injectors you may have had in your /E/E in Snow Leopard, because most of them work when you install them in /S/L/E.

If not, then I can't help you there, sorry!

Sorry DarkNovaGamer, I am inexperienced in those types of cards. I'm using ATI which Netkas has provided us with. Maybe.. If you previously used a vanilla next and edited it by adding your dev.id. try it with Lion kexts. If not, try any injectors you may have had in your /E/E in Snow Leopard, because most of them work when you install them in /S/L/E.

If not, then I can't help you there, sorry!

Here is what I have tried;

I have tried editing the NAV50HAL (Something like that) to add my dev id and whatnot, didn't help.

I have tried NVEnabler. Didn't help.

I have tried installing Nvidia's drivers, didn't even make a difference.

In Snow Leopard even with 10.6.0 I have native support.

I'll reiterate my question seeing as it hasn't been answered. :)

This is just a generic topic that nobody has really taken control of so any questions are more than likely going to be overlooked. I only occasionally check in here just to see what's happening and as this a preview release, discovering what works, what doesn't and why is really up to the individual user.

But to give you something to go on, how about patching your DSDT with your video card's details?

This is just a generic topic that nobody has really taken control of so any questions are more than likely going to be overlooked. I only occasionally check in here just to see what's happening and as this a preview release, discovering what works, what doesn't and why is really up to the individual user.

But to give you something to go on, how about patching your DSDT with your video card's details?

To be quite honest with you I've never had to patch a DSDT with anything.

Could you provide a rather easy way to add my video card details to my current DSDT? :)

Das OS Lion läuft auch auf dem Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4. Es dauert leider immer eine weile bis eine Anwendung gestartet ist zum Beispiel bei Safari, Systemeinstellungen und so weiter .....! Ist das bei euch auch so?

ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 Graphics: LÄUFT

Lan on Board = LÄUFT NICHT (Wird aber richtig Angezeigt)

Sound on Board: LÄUFT

CPU: DER WIRD NICHT RICHTIG ANGEZEIGT

Ram: DER WIRD NICHT RICHTIG ANGEZEIGT

The Lion OS runs on the motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4. It takes a while unfortunately is started until an application for example .....! Safari, System Preferences, and so on Is that with you too?

ATI Radeon ™ HD 5770 Graphics: RUNNING

Lan on Board = IS NOT (but is displayed correctly)

Sound on Board: RUNNING

CPU: THE RIGHT IS NOT DISPLAYED

Ram: THE RIGHT IS NOT DISPLAYED

Could you provide a rather easy way to add my video card details to my current DSDT? :)

An easy way? well if you haven't done it before then it might take some reading and learning. All I can suggest for now is to search around the forum as there are plenty of guides for DSDT patching.

I guess your video worked before with Snow Leopard because Chameleon's Graphics Enabler was injecting the details in to the system at boot time for you. XPC and similar loaders like [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] don't do anything like that so where we all got used to Chameleon enabling our video and injecting all the other wonderful things it does with SL, a lot of things won't automatically be enabled for us with Lion.

An easy way? well if you haven't done it before then it might take some reading and learning. All I can suggest for now is to search around the forum as there are plenty of guides for DSDT patching.

I guess your video worked before with Snow Leopard because Chameleon's Graphics Enabler was injecting the details in to the system at boot time for you. XPC and similar loaders like [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] don't do anything like that so where we all got used to Chameleon enabling our video and injecting all the other wonderful things it does with SL, a lot of things won't automatically be enabled for us with Lion.

So would you suggest me looking up how to patch the DSDT with my video card details or just reinstall Snow Leopard for the time being and wait for someone to get Chameleon working with Lion? :)

My GTX 285 gets detected in Lion as Unknown Nvidia GPU with NVenabler, but all working (full resolution, qe/ci). Performance in Lion isn't as good as in SL (with EFI string). But it works! Lios is just for testing, so thats no problem for me!

So would you suggest me looking up how to patch the DSDT with my video card details or just reinstall Snow Leopard for the time being and wait for someone to get Chameleon working with Lion? :)

If you want to learn about DSDT patching and enjoy accelerated video in the Lion developer preview then I recommend it (providing that patching your DSDT is of course the solution to your problem). But we have to remember that this developer preview is just a preview, and Apple with most probably change many things between now and the final release.

Trying the installation for me was more of a proof of concept to see if it actually installed, which it did. Plus it also gives me a chance to look at what's changed and try to understand if I can actually get the system patched for my hardware. For instance ALC888 audio.The AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext has undergone some changes along with the way of using the layout ID's, PathMaps etc... Shall I struggle on and try to get it working, or shall I just buy myself a USB audio solution? There are going to be many changes that need to be understood by everyone in the hackintosh community and it's only by installing and trying out the latest code that solutions can be searched for.

As for Snow Leopard. It is still the main kitty for now and you do want to be sticking with that, I have and will continue using it until Lion is officially released. Even users of real Mac's will still want to be using SL.

My GTX 285 gets detected in Lion as Unknown Nvidia GPU with NVenabler, but all working (full resolution, qe/ci).

That's good to know as I've never used NVEnabler.

Chameleon's Graphics Enabler uses some of the code from NVEnabler but just tries to inject the video info early on in the boot process, before kext loading happens. So maybe DarkNovaGamer should try with it again for his GTX260 ?

If you want to learn about DSDT patching and enjoy accelerated video in the Lion developer preview then I recommend it (providing that patching your DSDT is of course the solution to your problem). But we have to remember that this developer preview is just a preview, and Apple with most probably change many things between now and the final release.

Trying the installation for me was more of a proof of concept to see if it actually installed, which it did. Plus it also gives me a chance to look at what's changed and try to understand if I can actually get the system patched for my hardware. For instance ALC888 audio.The AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext has undergone some changes along with the way of using the layout ID's, PathMaps etc... Shall I struggle on and try to get it working, or shall I just buy myself a USB audio solution? There are going to be many changes that need to be understood by everyone in the hackintosh community and it's only by installing and trying out the latest code that solutions can be searched for.

As for Snow Leopard. It is still the main kitty for now and you do want to be sticking with that, I have and will continue using it until Lion is officially released. Even users of real Mac's will still want to be using SL.

That's good to know as I've never used NVEnabler.

Chameleon's Graphics Enabler uses some of the code from NVEnabler but just tries to inject the video info early on in the boot process, before kext loading happens. So maybe DarkNovaGamer should try with it again for his GTX260 ?

I will give the suggested step a try. I am one of those people who want to use the latest and greatest things. However if I am forced to only use Snow Leopard that is fine as I have perfect working system on Snow Leopard. My ALC888 Audio has been a pain in the rear lately though. :)

Another success story here, applying [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method..xpc never worked for my system.

So far the best looking feature is full screen app, especially for Preview.

Pdf magazines just look great fully expanded..way better than adobe reader :)

post-23976-1299069251_thumb.png post-23976-1299069267_thumb.png

post-23976-1299069298_thumb.png

LION 10.7 installation method (by usr-sse2 from applelife.ru):

1 Setup XPC on Flash USB Stick and put there our DSDT

2 Get and mount Lion's DMG.

3 In Terminal: open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

4 Expand mounted disk image to destination partition (HDD or Flash Stick)

5 Go to System/Installation on the destination partition and remove link to Packages

6 In Terminal: cp -R /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation

7 Reboot. Launch XPC, then press M, and enter:

Board Serial: Mac-F4208DA9

Kernel Arguments: -v -s

[and optionally add:] arch=i386

Installer -> choose partition, then boot.

Using Terminal:

mount_hfs /dev/diskXsY /tmp, the diskXsY is a partition where we placed fakesmc.kext

chown -R root:wheel /tmp/fakesmc.kext

kextload /tmp/fakesmc.kext

umount /tmp

exit

After that install Lion as usual.

On next reboot have to load fakesmc again (this time the chown command is not necessary)

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3450638-

- Modified Lion image (actions 2 thru 6)

http://www.applelife.ru/index.php?app=core...attach_id=20282

- XPC

If XPC doesn't start properly - try to select in BIOS:

Serial Port1 Adress -> 3E8/iRQ4

or Disabled

However if I am forced to only use Snow Leopard that is fine as I have perfect working system on Snow Leopard. My ALC888 Audio has been a pain in the rear lately though. :(

You sound as if using Snow Leopard is a bad thing. Snow Leopard is great and will be for some time yet.

ALC888 can work perfectly well with Snow Leopard. Mine does.

@DreamWatcher and -CEOS-

I think you need to have the shellx64.efi file in the efi folder? I can't be certain as I don't have my [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB with me and typing from memory. But I know what without this file, you don't get the GUI. Maybe it's in the /efi/boot folder? or maybe it's not even named shellx64.efi? somebody will have to confirm.

I will confirm this, and have things up and running 98%. However, PLEASE NO TALK ABOUT INSTALLING 10.7.0 LION USING ANY METHOD PLEASE!!!!! 10.7.0 is a developer's release, one you have to sign up and pay for. ANY illegal downloading of this release, and ANY talk about how to install on non-Apple computers seriously puts the community, this forum included, at serious risk. When the developer's release of Snow Leopard came out and people were talking about how to install on non-Macs got several forums, including InsanelyMac, shut down for a few days with threats of legal action from Apple's mightier than Mr. Burn's legal team! Please be patient. :(

BTW Chameleon is still the greatest bootloader that ever was, and ever will be. Kudos to everyone working hard on the ongoing project. After trying out "the other guys" over the past week really makes me appriciate the quality and easy of use Chameleon offers, and why it's development is still going strong! :P

A little more quietly, please ... Communicate with e-mail. Apple hears us! ;)

If this forum didn't want this topic then the moderators would have already closed it.

Yes, but caution, never enough, right? :(

About the memory problem! It shows only 3gb of 4gb / 6gb / 8gb you name it..

i found a forum where there is a guy that have fixed a sulition for that problem when running snow leopard..

but i cant find the files anywhere!!

xm2pzkjoq5h69w5deces.jpg

This is the tekst from the other forum:

I´ve just compilled uefi edk/edk2 duet (both) booted up my linux drive and it seems the 4gb ram "bug" is there too, so it's not related to [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]..

edit:

i´ve just found if i use acpipatcher.efi in modules and i add a couple of fake .aml tables the bug is gone, lol dirty but it works

anyone know how to do this? :(