Apple set to unveil more new products.....

dtm3dd

11 posts in this topic

Apple Insider reports that, even with WWDC only just over, Apple is looking to refresh its product line with new products that are

due to start turning up next month

Products tipped to be annouced include the, much speculated, Merom MacBook Pro and a change to the iPod lineup.

So anyone suffering from "WWDC blues" shall hopefully be satisfied soon.

Definatley want to see new iPod stuff. I need something bigger than the nano.

K4bren

Intel says that the merom uses less power... The rule of thumb is the less power consumed the less heat produced... Oh and intel also said that the merom runs cooler than the core duo.

K4bren

Intel says that the merom uses less power... The rule of thumb is the less power consumed the less heat produced... Oh and intel also said that the merom runs cooler than the core duo.

and they will say the same thing for the product that will replace the merom, is standard business to

claim their newer product is better then their last one t ogeenrate more sales towards thier newly released product. Look @ the pentium d 805 they claimed later products where better when in reality the 805 is the perfect processor both in power & overclocking. Is simple to see how intel works i actually have read that the merom will be the same if not a little more power hog then the core duo 2-the only diffrence it will have is the rated "20% performance increase"

i personally think the merom is a revisioned core duo with a new name. The power architecture on the merom is the same as the core duo same issues now will happen then plus new ones wil arise trust me.

waiting for that ipod line up though {censored} steve hurry up and release the full video ipod already

and they will say the same thing for the product that will replace the merom, is standard business to

claim their newer product is better then their last one t ogeenrate more sales towards thier newly released product. Look @ the pentium d 805 they claimed later products where better when in reality the 805 is the perfect processor both in power & overclocking. Is simple to see how intel works i actually have read that the merom will be the same if not a little more power hog then the core duo 2-the only diffrence it will have is the rated "20% performance increase"

i personally think the merom is a revisioned core duo with a new name. The power architecture on the merom is the same as the core duo same issues now will happen then plus new ones wil arise trust me.

waiting for that ipod line up though {censored} steve hurry up and release the full video ipod already

I agree: they have to say their new products are better, that's business.

But the core 2 duo is a completely new processor. It is based on the new core architecture, not the old pentium m one (forgot the name..doh!). It also adds sse4 and is 64-bit. Power-wise, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the same. But in terms of features, this is not a step-up, it's a new product completely.