Silicon Image release Universal SATA drivers

jester1o1

116 posts in this topic

What you mean? do you plug sata to external connector? i got a m2n32 too and i can't see sata workin' is there a chance?

look on top left corrner of your mobo there is another SATA conector port... plug your sata frive there...

and you will see...

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to get OS X to recognize my SIL3132 controller on boot, but it still isn't. Unfortunately, I'm pretty much a terminal n00b, so this is a little confusing. I'm using a P5WD2-Premium with the SIL3132 onboard, and it's set to SATA2 (not RAID) mode in the BIOS. The drive and controller show up fine in Windows, but not in the disk utility.

Typing "ioreg -b -x -l | grep 3132" tells me that it can't find the grep command, which seems odd. The drivers aren't installed, but I don't know how to incorporate them into the boot CD image.

Sorry for being so ignorant...does anyone have any pointers, or a guide where I could read up on what to do? Thanks!

So from what I've gathered, there's no way I'm going to be able to recognize that drive from booting from the CD. What do I need to do? My only thought is to unplug my RAID array from the ICH7R, plug the drive I want to run from the SIL3132 into the ICH7R, set the ICH7R to non-RAID (will the installer recognize it if I set it to AHCI?), install OS X on it, install the SIL3132 driver, and then switch that drive back over to the SIL3132.

Hi,

i recently bought a new PCIE card "Delock SATA II PCI Express Card, 2 Port" called Delock 70137

I simply flashed the bios to the latest version form siliconimage.com on WindowsXP. You have to choose a base bios

to make the silicon image driver work with OSX. The raid bioses do not work with un-raid configurations. What I will try next is that to make IDE and Raid Sata work with one Bios. I will report later to this flash tests. It's one of the cheaper cards (26 €). It is not listed as a Mac supported product, but you can find Mac drivers on the driver CD :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

i recently bought a new PCIE card "Delock SATA II PCI Express Card, 2 Port" called Delock 70137

I simply flashed the bios to the latest version form siliconimage.com on WindowsXP. You have to choose a base bios

to make the silicon image driver work with OSX. The raid bioses do not work with un-raid configurations. What I will try next is that to make IDE and Raid Sata work with one Bios. I will report later to this flash tests. It's one of the cheaper cards (26 €). It is not listed as a Mac supported product, but you can find Mac drivers on the driver CD :)

I would like to know if your tests have been successful or not. Furthermore I am interested in the drivers from the included CD, because I seem to have lost mine (for Delock 61386). I am running the ExpressCard on my MBP although the Delock site doesn't say it supports Mac. I just grabbed the SiliconImage drivers from their site and installed them (one could also use drivers from a similar product).

Hi,

I would like to know if your tests have been successful or not.

Sorry, i did not have any time so test it, yet. I tried the make my ICH8 southbridge work with all ports all the time. The drivers on my Delock CD were much older than from Silcon website. So it doesn't matter which driver you have on CD or not.

If you read the whole thread you would know that the driver works for cards in RAID-mode, you only have to change a value in the plist of the driver. However this does not mean that the driver gives you RAID. The drives will still run as single drives.

Hi,

If you read the whole thread you would know that the driver works for cards in RAID-mode, you only have to change a value in the plist of the driver.

Thanks for the info, so does that mean that I can return to a raid flashfile and simply use the non raid drivers with the DeviceID of the raid controller? I will try (and read the whole thread :P ).

A while ago someone posted that one can make eSATA drives show up as internal drives instead of SCSI devices. I modified my kext successfully, but after rebooting it gave me an error message that the kext file wasn't installed properly and had to be reinstalled, so I modified the SiliconImage driver package so that it installs the devices by default as internal drives. If anyone is interested in the modified installation package, PM me, becaue I guess I am not allowed to post it here.

I don't suppose anyone would be so kind as to give me an idea as to the plist settings one needs to alter to enable an SI 3112 to work? I've flashed it as BASE IDE so it should hopefully be good to go.

It would be greatly appreciated!

Awesome, just got my card working very easily. No need for any Silicon Image drivers.

For any 3112A chipset owners, here's a little guide to getting it working:

1) Grab the latest BASE bios for your 3112 from here - at the time of writing this it was the first result "SiI3112 IDE, SATARAID and system BIOS" (BIO-003112-xxx-4283.zip)

2) Flash your card with the included BASE bios ("b" before the filename)

3) Boot into OS X with at least one drive attached to the card

4) Open up /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

5) Scroll down to the "<key>VIA SATA Controller</key>" section

6) Change:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x528810B9.....</string>

to include at the end

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x528810B9.....0x31121095</string>

Repair permissions using disk utility, reboot and enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks to the work done by ppl in this thread, i've successfully installed the Sabrent SATA-PE88 controller (SiI 3132) on my hackintosh to access my newly acquired seagate 500gb esata drive. :( the drive actually came with a Promise esata300 tx2 PCI controller, but didn't work in OSX, eventhough it came with drivers. i'm guessing it's only for PPC machines, since all newer dual G5 and Power Macs have only PCIE slots.

i thought i could get away with maybe using a sata to esata bracket to use my existing sata ports on my p5ld2-vm, but that was a no go. from what i read it's cuz i need a ICH7R instead of the ICH7 controller on my mobo.

i had to flash the bios of the Sabrent controller to get it into base mode instead of raid. i could have bought the Sabrent SATA-PE2P (SiI 3132) instead to not need to flash the bios, but it had one internal and one external sata ports, and i much rather have two external sata, since my mobo already has 4 internal ports.

btw, there's a new bios for the SiI 3132. they are up to 7.4.05

• 1 month later...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16816132008

Would this work with the drivers on the first page?

From my state of mind this card should work. As fas as I can see the card does contain a siliconImage 3132 Chip. This is all you need.

http://www.rosewill.com/Product/product.aspx?productId=462

The card looks nearly the same like mine.

I can confirm that the Rosewill card from NewEgg can be flashed to base bios. However, I only was able to flash using MS-DOS with a boot CD, and the flash utility for windows did not work.

But I am still having installation problem, as the installer is still waiting for the root device. Is there a way to install the SIL3132 Mac driver onto a separate hard drive with Uphuck installation via Windows XP? I was able to install Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i r3 onto a hard drive and, using McDrive under XP, I can confirm that a bunch of files were installed. The drive booted but would waited for root device after a couple minutes.

I suspect that I need to install the SIL driver. Can I just copy some files over to the system folder? If so which files do I need to copy and to where?

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for my poor english, siliconimage release 3132 raid driver 1.5.16.0 on 14 Aug 2007,

is bootable on my pcie (1x) 3132 raid card (support 2 internal sata2 hd).

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/suppor...amp;osid=3&

although it can bootable now, but you need to install a 3132 raid driver first,

so, you need to install os and raid driver in another osx86 or real mac system before,

to enable it to bootable on 3132 raid card.

it has only base driver before, so i need to flash that card to base bios 7.3.13,

my osx86 can recognize it, but only as a data disk, non bootable....

• 2 weeks later...
From my state of mind this card should work. As fas as I can see the card does conatin a siliconImage 3132 Chip. This is all you need.

http://www.rosewill.com/Product/product.aspx?productId=462

The card looks nearly the same like mine.

I had bought the Rosewill card and it works with osx86. Finally Sata hard drives are in use

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I bought SATA controller with sli3132 chip. I already have installed osx on usb hard drive (hdd in box). Then i try to connect this hdd to sli3132 - i get still waiting for boot device.

So, what i should do? flash bios? or what? please hp =((

UPD: Just flash to base firmware and it work natively =))) no drivers nedeed.

• 1 month later...
Well... I bought SATA controller with sli3132 chip. I already have installed osx on usb hard drive (hdd in box). Then i try to connect this hdd to sli3132 - i get still waiting for boot device.

So, what i should do? flash bios? or what? please hp =((

UPD: Just flash to base firmware and it work natively =))) no drivers nedeed.

Can you boot DVD (1st boot device in bios), and don't hit any key, wait and let it look for your sata hd (2nd boot device in bios)?

If that ok, just put your OSx86 DVD in DVD drive, or reinstall your OSx86 :D

Everytime I clone my bootable OSx by Carbon Copy Cloner, it cannot boot itself, need DVD to boot it up........

• 1 month later...

Does the sli3132 chipset support multiple RAID sets? I've seen a few cards that have both internal and external SATA ports...it'd be great to setup a couple drives in RAID internally and then a separate port-multiplied RAID enclosure outside...anyone know if this is possible?