DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

Removed NullCPUPower - goes to sleep, but black screen on wake. Can it be because of GraphicsEnabler is used but not NVEnabler? I have Geforce G310 512Mb.

I can't use native AppleCpuPowerManagement because my P6100 CPU doesn't support SSE4. But AFAIK I can't delete it, or I'll get a KP.

Removed VoodooPower also and upgraded Chameleon to r747. Disabled GraphicsEnabler and installed G310 NVEnabler. Same thing - black screen after wake.

dont remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

HPET fix

dsdt.02.zip

your processor is supported by the original kernel? _D..png

But an AMD system doesn't have AHCI. Remember I don't need this for my P5Q but for two AMD machines.

Maybe I don't understand you right but without this kexts I couldn't boot. Would LegacyAHCI fake AMD to be Intel?

dont use

I'm in a period of ostracism post-557433-1299825567.png

post-557433-1299825581.gif

Hello MaDlOn,

I didnt really pay attention to your icon. I've been going through the pages looking for the alc662.zip file mentioned. Do you need it or is it just use AppleHDA.kext and the terminal code? Also I'm trying to push up my geekbench score and I figure that extra kext's will slow you down. Is it safe to remove all the non apple kext's not listed in kextstat? I mean I've had this thing running well for a while now and done a bit of experimentation, I'm sure I've removed some semi necessary kext's already but I cant find a definitive list. Thanks again, you rock as always -sorry if I brought up a bad subject with the carnival thing. CFI

Hello MaDlOn,

I didnt really pay attention to your icon. I've been going through the pages looking for the alc662.zip file mentioned. Do you need it or is it just use AppleHDA.kext and the terminal code? Also I'm trying to push up my geekbench score and I figure that extra kext's will slow you down. Is it safe to remove all the non apple kext's not listed in kextstat? I mean I've had this thing running well for a while now and done a bit of experimentation, I'm sure I've removed some semi necessary kext's already but I cant find a definitive list. Thanks again, you rock as always -sorry if I brought up a bad subject with the carnival thing. CFI

HDEF(in DSDT) + LegacyALC662 + AppleHda Patched(in terminal)

I use DSDT + Fakesmc + Chameleon RC5

the original kexts I do not remove 01n.png

never tested

01m.png

HDEF(in DSDT) + LegacyALC662 + AppleHda Patched(in terminal)

I use DSDT + Fakesmc + Chameleon RC5

the original kexts I do not remove post-557433-1299867655.png

never tested

post-557433-1299867676.png

Hello Sir

I know this is a stupid question but where can I find the legacy acl662 you are referring to. Thank you, C

Hello Sir

I know this is a stupid question but where can I find the legacy acl662 you are referring to. Thank you, C

use search forum

but not just any legacyalc662 that will work for you

this can be a problem

use search forum

but not just any legacyalc662 that will work for you

this can be a problem

I cant find any legacyalc662.kext's on this site. I found one on the infinitemac site, didnt work. Should I be looking for LegacyALC662.kext or ALC662.kext? I know for an old guy I'm pretty dense sometimes. Thanks

I cant find any legacyalc662.kext's on this site. I found one on the infinitemac site, didnt work. Should I be looking for LegacyALC662.kext or ALC662.kext? I know for an old guy I'm pretty dense sometimes. Thanks

ALC662.zip

I've been using the dsdt you created for me a while back. I installed those 2 kext's with kext helper into S/L/E, rebooted an ran the terminal script. Still doesnt work. I removed voodoohda before I installed hda and alc. I was using voodoo but I got this weird delay so it was impossible to use garageband or any sound creation program. I'll keep looking. Thanks CFI

dsdt.aml.zip

I've been using the dsdt you created for me a while back. I installed those 2 kext's with kext helper into S/L/E, rebooted an ran the terminal script. Still doesnt work. I removed voodoohda before I installed hda and alc. I was using voodoo but I got this weird delay so it was impossible to use garageband or any sound creation program. I'll keep looking. Thanks CFI

dsdt.aml.zip

dsdt.Chrisfromiowa_HDEF_ALC662.zip

Do you mean:

1) use LegacyAHCI and remove any other ATA kexts?

2) don't use LegacyAHCI and stick with ATA kexts?

Thanks

post-635276-1299944428_thumb.jpg

OK in system profile it shows all of the sounds but in system prefs/sound shows headphones and system speakers but neither of them actually work. I'm going crazy because when I installed these it made a secondary disk become 0/1 and it couldn't find the kernel during startup so it gave some crazy kp even from the boot disk. I have an extra disk that is half pc and half mac that I think now has been giving me trouble all along. Well I'm giving up for tonight. Will try to get this to work tomorrow. Thanks for everyting. CFI

Also I'm using the HD audio cable and the HDaudio mobo pins, there is a legacy audio cable in the case that will plug into the hd pins. I'll see if there is a legacy settings in the bios. I'll try it. C

Its all inputs except for the non existent built in speaker the headphone out doesnt work, Not sure where to go from here. cpost-635276-1299944428_thumb.jpg

dont remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

HPET fix

dsdt.02.zip

your processor is supported by the original kernel?

Thanks, I'll try it.

Now I use only native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Kernel should support P6100 - it's the same as Core i3, but Core i3 has SSE4 and hyperthreading, all the difference. But macos says L2 cache is 0Kb, instead of 3Mb. I think it should not be the problem, because all works like a charm, cache is just not recognized. Should I try qoopz kernel for 10.6.6???

I understand that it's DSDT-topic, sorry for offtopic.

Hi MalD0n

I could not find your approach for the ASUS P5Q-Premium.

Attached are my files for the BIOS 2406 (Shaumux patched)

I made an approach on editing it myself. However I feel that it does not feel snappy though. I might have screwed some edits in between. Would like to see your experienced approach on this.

TIA!

EDIT:

My bad. I posted in the wrong thread. Please move it to the DSDT Auto patch . Thank you.

send_me.zip

P5Q_ASUS_PREMIUM_2406_SLIC_SLI_OSX_shaumux.zip

Hi MalD0n

I could not find your approach for the ASUS P5Q-Premium.

Attached are my files for the BIOS 2406 (Shaumux patched)

I made an approach on editing it myself. However I feel that it does not feel snappy though. I might have screwed some edits in between. Would like to see your experienced approach on this.

TIA!

EDIT:

My bad. I posted in the wrong thread. Please move it to the DSDT Auto patch . Thank you.

dsdt.Morphium.zip

AD2000b.kext.zip

Screen_shot_2011_03_12_at_9.39.25_AM.JPG

OK in system profile it shows all of the sounds but in system prefs/sound shows headphones and system speakers but neither of them actually work. I'm going crazy because when I installed these it made a secondary disk become 0/1 and it couldn't find the kernel during startup so it gave some crazy kp even from the boot disk. I have an extra disk that is half pc and half mac that I think now has been giving me trouble all along. Well I'm giving up for tonight. Will try to get this to work tomorrow. Thanks for everyting. CFI

Also I'm using the HD audio cable and the HDaudio mobo pins, there is a legacy audio cable in the case that will plug into the hd pins. I'll see if there is a legacy settings in the bios. I'll try it. C

Its all inputs except for the non existent built in speaker the headphone out doesnt work, Not sure where to go from here. cScreen_shot_2011_03_12_at_9.39.25_AM.JPG

use AppleHda 10.6.2

if not resolve

you need a legacy that will work for you

Thanks, I'll try it.

Now I use only native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Kernel should support P6100 - it's the same as Core i3, but Core i3 has SSE4 and hyperthreading, all the difference. But macos says L2 cache is 0Kb, instead of 3Mb. I think it should not be the problem, because all works like a charm, cache is just not recognized. Should I try qoopz kernel for 10.6.6???

I understand that it's DSDT-topic, sorry for offtopic.

if the processor is supported by the original kernel

dont use a modified kernel

dsdt.Morphium.zip

AD2000b.kext.zip

use AppleHda 10.6.2

if not resolve

you need a legacy that will work for you

if the processor is supported by the original kernel

dont use a modified kernel

Hey, do I need HDA enabler or anything like that?

Also, I was going over the mobo pins for the hd audio.

1)Port1L micro - 2) GND

3)Port1R Micro - 4) Presence#

5)Port2R headphone 6) sense1_ret

7)Sense_Send - Key no pin

9) Port2L headphone 10) Sense2_ret

Are these listed in the dsdt or in the AppleHDA kext? Any ideas? Thanks again for all your hard work. You are the MAN. CFI

Hey, do I need HDA enabler or anything like that?

Also, I was going over the mobo pins for the hd audio.

1)Port1L micro - 2) GND

3)Port1R Micro - 4) Presence#

5)Port2R headphone 6) sense1_ret

7)Sense_Send - Key no pin

9) Port2L headphone 10) Sense2_ret

Are these listed in the dsdt or in the AppleHDA kext? Any ideas? Thanks again for all your hard work. You are the MAN. CFI

look it

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

01m.png

Hi MaLd0n,

it's me again. I changed from AMD to Intel for better OSX compatibility.

I get everything working except

- sleep

- shutdown

- ATA (small problem, low priority!)

The only kext I am using atm is fakesmc in my Extra folder and the system boots fast as hell and works fine

I attached all files for you. Maybe you are willing to help me to fix this problem for me again.

The modified DSDT has a lot of fixes inside already.

Yes, I have native ACHI Support, but no ATA :)

Many many thanks for for support!!!

Cheers

URBANsUNITED

URBANsUNITED.zip

MaLd0n,

I am getting and error with the fintek.kext from fakesmc plugins. My boot log shows that my processor has 8 cores 16 threads. the i7 970 should have 6 cores 12 threads. notice the last 4 cores show disabled and 12 show enabled in the boot log. I dont know if this is a problem or not, since the correct number of cores are enabled. It also shows the same thing in my DSDT, a total of 16 when it should be 12. SMCmonitor only shows 4 cores.

Here are my systems specs. ASUS P6x58D-E with intel i7 970 (6core/12 thread) with dsdt and 10.6.6 Thanks for your help its much appreciated..

send_me.zip

Thanks a heap @Mald0n ! I knew it. Somehow the lagginess dissappeared with yours. Maybe its my positive thinking, maybe its really different.

I must have added to much in there.

Would you mind posting the .dsl for a side by side comparison so I can see what I overedited in mine.

TIA for your great efforts.

If you want to send me information about your system so I can make an auto-patcher for it, please download and run the attached "run_me" script and attach the "send_me.zip" file it creates on your desktop. The included data is your DSDT, a list of loaded kexts, an ioreg dump and the kernel log. If you want to see the commands it runs, just open the script with "Automator".

;)

Hello, here is the link to my send_me.zip file

just extracted from my system using the "run me" script you provided.

I hope you can return me a DSDT which I can try over my installation, because I am facing some problems with my installation not using any DSDT...

First, a little history:

I managed to install SL in my intel laptop (a PackardBell EasyNote), which now has both Windows and SL in a dual boot environment.

I have noticed the fan being always on and noisy when using SL, so I installed istat pro and SMC monitor to check the cpu temps (CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 - 2.0 Ghz) and with my surprise I noticed that at rest, in SL, it can reach temperatures of around 70°C and over for both cores!

while in Windows7, at rest, it stays not more than 45-50°C, at rest! Quiet, silent fan in Windows.

And maybe thats the reason why I always have the fan on and noisy while using SL... it gets too hot there!

Also, another reason might be that the speedstep doesn't work... I suppose it's because i'm not using any DSDT.

In my installation I've used MacPro 3,1 as system definition.

I also installed the latest chameleon RC5, enabling both P and C states.

I dont have a DSDT because I couldnt find anyone that installed SL in a smilar laptop, so my installation works without actually a DSDT. I hope with the link i provided above you can generate me one to test.

What can I do to try to keep the system down in SL? icon_e_sad.gif

What I should change or modify in my SL installation?

I dont have a clue! Please give me advices... thanks

Hey MaLd0n!

I'm cross posting a bit, but the last time I had a problem this was the best place to ask. B)

I tried fixing the 'restart after wake' issue that happens constantly with your suggestion of turning on the option 'power on after power loss'.

AFAIK the only power related kext I have is the fakesmc. I deleted disabler and that Elliot force RTC kext.

I'm running Snow Leopard with all updates on an ASUS P5B motherboard with a Intel Core2Quad Q8300. The DSDT I'm using was created with this update.

What can I do to try to keep the system down in SL? icon_e_sad.gif

What I should change or modify in my SL installation?

I dont have a clue! Please give me advices... thanks

dsdt.lalya.zip

see the first post, NativePM and Restart fix

remove EvOreboot, NullCPUPowerManagement, ElliottForceLegacyRTC

Hi MaLd0n,

it's me again. I changed from AMD to Intel for better OSX compatibility.

I get everything working except

- sleep

- shutdown

- ATA (small problem, low priority!)

The only kext I am using atm is fakesmc in my Extra folder and the system boots fast as hell and works fine

I attached all files for you. Maybe you are willing to help me to fix this problem for me again.

The modified DSDT has a lot of fixes inside already.

Yes, I have native ACHI Support, but no ATA :(

Many many thanks for for support!!!

Cheers

URBANsUNITED

dsdt.URBANsUNITED.zip

you should not need the fix UHCI

Thanks a heap @Mald0n ! I knew it. Somehow the lagginess dissappeared with yours. Maybe its my positive thinking, maybe its really different.

I must have added to much in there.

Would you mind posting the .dsl for a side by side comparison so I can see what I overedited in mine.

TIA for your great efforts.

look it

your patch

into_all all code_regex _T_0 replaceall_matched begin T_0 end;
into_all all code_regex _T_1 replaceall_matched begin T_1 end;
into_all all code_regex _T_2 replaceall_matched begin T_2 end;
into_all all code_regex _T_3 replaceall_matched begin T_3 end;
into_all all code_regex _T_4 replaceall_matched begin T_4 end;
into_all scope label _PR code_regex Alias\s\([^\n]+\n removeall_matched;
into_all scope label \_PR code_regex Alias\s\([^\n]+\n removeall_matched;
into method label DTGP remove_entry;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
   If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)\n
           {\n
               /* 0000 */    0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, \n
               /* 0008 */    0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B\n
           }))\n
   {\n
       If (LEqual (Arg1, One))\n
       {\n
           If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))\n
           {\n
               Store (Buffer (One)\n
                   {\n
                       0x03\n
                   }, Arg4)\n
               Return (One)\n
           }\n
           If (LEqual (Arg2, One))\n
           {\n
               Return (One)\n
           }\n
       }\n
   }\n
   Store (Buffer (One)\n
       {\n
           0x00\n
       }, Arg4)\n
   Return (Zero)\n
}
end;
into method label FGET code_regex Return\s\(Zero\) remove_matched;
into method label FGET insert
begin
Return (Zero)
end;
into device label PWRB code_regex (Name\s\()_HID(\,\sEisaId\s\(\"PNP0C0C\"\)\)) replace_matched begin %1_CID%2 end;
into device name_hid PNP0000 code_regex IRQNoFlags\s\(\)\n\s+\{(\d+)\} remove_matched;
into device name_hid PNP0100 code_regex IRQNoFlags\s\(\)\n\s+\{(\d+)\} remove_matched;
into device name_hid PNP0B00 code_regex IRQNoFlags\s\(\)\n\s+\{(\d+)\} remove_matched;
into device name_hid PNP0103 code_regex_not IRQNoFlags code_regex Name\s\(([^,]+),\sResourceTemplate\s\(\)\n\s+\{((?:.|\n)*)\}\) replace_matched
begin
Name (%1, ResourceTemplate ()\n
                   {\n
                       IRQNoFlags ()\n
                           {0}\n
                       IRQNoFlags ()\n
                           {8}\n
%2
})
end;
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001F0000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001F0000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
   Store (Package (0x02)\n
       {\n
           "device-id", \n
           Buffer (0x04)\n
           {\n
               0x18, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00\n
           }\n
       }, Local0)\n
   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
   Return (Local0)\n
}
end;
into_all all code_regex (Acquire\s\(MUTE,\s0x)....\)
replace_matched
begin
%1FFFF)
end;
into device label SPKR remove_entry;
into device label FDC remove_entry;
into device label FDC0 remove_entry;
into device label LPT1 remove_entry;
into device label LPTE remove_entry;
into device label LPT remove_entry;
into device label ECP1 remove_entry;
into device label MEM remove_entry;
into device label ^^RMEM remove_entry;
into device label PIC set_label begin IPIC end;
into device label DMA1 set_label begin DMAC end;
into device label TMR set_label begin TIMR end;
into device label RTC0 set_label begin RTC end;
into device label COPR set_label begin MATH end;
into device label OMSC set_label begin LDRC end;
into device label CHN0 set_label begin PRT0 end;
into device label CHN1 set_label begin PRT1 end;
into device label USB0 set_label begin UHC1 end;
into device label USB1 set_label begin UHC2 end;
into device label USB2 set_label begin UHC3 end;
into device label USB3 set_label begin UHC4 end;
into device label USB4 set_label begin UHC5 end;
into device label USB5 set_label begin UHC6 end;
into device label USB6 set_label begin UHC7 end;
into device label USBE set_label begin EHC1 end;
into device label EUSB set_label begin EHC2 end;
into device label PRIM set_label begin PRT0 end;
into device label SECD set_label begin PRT1 end;
into_all all code_regex TMR replaceall_matched begin TIMR end;
into_all all code_regex RTC0 replaceall_matched begin RTC end;
into_all all code_regex COPR replaceall_matched begin MATH end;
into_all all code_regex OMSC replaceall_matched begin LDRC end;
into_all all code_regex CHN0 replaceall_matched begin PRT0 end;
into_all all code_regex CHN1 replaceall_matched begin PRT1 end;
into_all all code_regex USB0 replaceall_matched begin UHC1 end;
into_all all code_regex USB1 replaceall_matched begin UHC2 end;
into_all all code_regex USB2 replaceall_matched begin UHC3 end;
into_all all code_regex USB3 replaceall_matched begin UHC4 end;
into_all all code_regex USB4 replaceall_matched begin UHC5 end;
into_all all code_regex USB5 replaceall_matched begin UHC6 end;
into_all all code_regex USB6 replaceall_matched begin UHC7 end;
into_all all code_regex USBE replaceall_matched begin EHC1 end;
into_all all code_regex EUSB replaceall_matched begin EHC2 end;
into device name_hid PNP0B00 code_regex (IO\s\((?:\s*[^,]+,\s*(?:\/\/\s.*)?\s*\n)+\s*)(\dx\d+)(,\s*(?:\/\/\s.*)?\s*\n\s*\)) replace_matched begin %10x02%3 end;
into device name_adr 0x001F0003 parent_label PCI0 remove_entry;
into device label PCI0 insert
begin
Device (SBUS)\n
{\n
   Name (_ADR, 0x001F0003)\n
   Device (BUS0)\n
   {\n
       Name (_CID, "smbus")\n
       Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
       Device (DVL0)\n
       {\n
           Name (_ADR, 0x57)\n
           Name (_CID, "diagsvault")\n
       }\n
   }\n
   {\n
       Store (Package (0x02)\n
           {\n
               "device-id", \n
               Buffer (0x04)\n
               {\n
                   0x30, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00\n
               }\n
           }, Local0)\n
       Return (Local0)\n
   }\n
}
end;
into_all all code_regex ShiftRight\s\(BUF2,\s0x04\) replaceall_matched
begin
ShiftRight (BUF2, 0x04, BUF2)
end;
into method label _PTS code_regex_not If\s\(LEqual\s\(Arg0,\s0x05\)\) code_regex ^((?:.|\n)*)$ replace_matched
begin
       If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05)) {}\n
       Else\n
       {\n
%1
       }
end;
into method label TGET code_regex Return\s\(Zero\) remove_matched;
into method label TGET insert
begin
Return (Zero)
end;
into method label VGET code_regex Return\s\(Zero\) remove_matched;
into method label VGET insert
begin
Return (Zero)
end;
into_all all code_regex Or\s\(0x03,\sPARM\) replaceall_matched
begin
Or (PARM, 0x03, PARM)
end;
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 parent_label PCI0 remove_entry;
into device label PCI0 insert
begin
Device (HDEF)\n
{\n
   Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)\n
{\n
   Store (Package (0x10)\n
       {\n
           "subsystem-id", \n
           Buffer (0x04)\n
           {\n
               0xA0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00\n
           }, \n
           "subsystem-vendor-id", \n
           Buffer (0x04)\n
           {\n
               0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00\n
           }, \n
           "codec-id", \n
           Buffer (0x04)\n
           {\n
               0x9B, 0x98, 0xD4, 0x11\n
           }, \n
           "layout-id", \n
           Buffer (0x04)\n
           {\n
               0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00\n
           }, \n
           "device-type", \n
           Buffer (0x17)\n
           {\n
               "Analog Devices AD2000B"\n
           }, \n
           "model", \n
           Buffer (0x08)\n
           {\n
               "AD2000B"\n
           }, \n
           "built-in", \n
           Buffer (One)\n
           {\n
               0x00\n
           }, \n
           "PinConfigurations", \n
           Buffer (One)\n
           {\n
               0x00\n
           }\n
       }, Local0)\n
   Return (Local0)\n
}\n
}
end

MaLd0n,

I am getting and error with the fintek.kext from fakesmc plugins. My boot log shows that my processor has 8 cores 16 threads. the i7 970 should have 6 cores 12 threads. notice the last 4 cores show disabled and 12 show enabled in the boot log. I dont know if this is a problem or not, since the correct number of cores are enabled. It also shows the same thing in my DSDT, a total of 16 when it should be 12. SMCmonitor only shows 4 cores.

Here are my systems specs. ASUS P6x58D-E with intel i7 970 (6core/12 thread) with dsdt and 10.6.6 Thanks for your help its much appreciated..

double click

MaLd0n_2011_03_13___s_17.31.29.png

look it

MaLd0n_2011_03_13___s_17.31.36.png

is correct here?

Hey MaDlOn,

What I meant was are any of those values in the dsdt or are they just in the kext, and is the the ALC662 or the AppleHDA. I wasnt trying to get you to do the searching or anything. Thanks Chris

we always need...

HDEF(in DSDT) or HDAEnabler

Legacy(ALC662 in your case) or AppleHDA patched binary and plist

Legacy Gigabyte will not work in Asus

if you find a kext ready, it's easy

if you do not find

is really difficult, complicated

dsdt.lalya.zip

see the first post, NativePM and Restart fix

remove EvOreboot, NullCPUPowerManagement, ElliottForceLegacyRTC

Thanks a MaLd0n,

I just tested it. At first boot it seems to work fine, and the reboot works better than before, very quick.

The only thing I lost with this, is the native brightness control (With Fn + keys) which doesn't work anymore and now I can't find the new key combination to adjust it. Tried all function keys. Video card is a Nvidia G105M.

The CPU is still running hot and fan is always on... Speedstep doesn't work.