DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

Thanks a MaLd0n,

I just tested it. At first boot it seems to work fine, and the reboot works better than before, very quick.

The only thing I lost with this, is the native brightness control (With Fn + keys) which doesn't work anymore and now I can't find the new key combination to adjust it. Tried all function keys. Video card is a Nvidia G105M.

The CPU is still running hot and fan is always on... Speedstep doesn't work.

send me a new kextstat

try it

dsdt.La.zip

run on terminal too

ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

Is this what you are asking me? If my CPU history is 12 cores. Yes its correct but the SMC monitor is not. see picture. And only half of my temps show up with 100% load on all cores in the thermal monitor window at the top right corner.

post-140160-1300058035_thumb.png

Is this what you are asking me? If my CPU history is 12 cores. Yes its correct but the SMC monitor is not. see picture. And only half of my temps show up with 100% load on all cores in the thermal monitor window at the top right corner.

FahCore_a3.exe ?????? :unsure:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247185

send me a new kextstat

try it

dsdt.La.zip

run on terminal too

ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

hi MaLd0n,

I pasted the terminal response here ---> http://pastebin.com/snGTf1HW

By the way... when I input "ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo" in terminal,

it gives nothing, as result.

Tried your new dsdt, but I didn't notice anything new in the behaviour, compared to the 1st version.

hi MaLd0n,

I pasted the terminal response here ---> http://pastebin.com/snGTf1HW

By the way... when I input "ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo" in terminal,

it gives nothing, as result.

Tried your new dsdt, but I didn't notice anything new in the behaviour, compared to the 1st version.

you added in boot.plist generate p and c states?

You are using what macmodel?

haha, FahCore_a3.exe = Folding @ Home. Its an application running in the background. its no problem.

Screen_shot_2011_03_13_at_6.55.54_PM.png

What is the fintek error about and how do I deal with it?

I do not know

use search forum

you added in boot.plist generate p and c states?

You are using what macmodel?

Hi again MaLd0n,

I attach here my "com.apple.Boot.plist" and "smbios.plist" so that you can have a look on what i'm running. Chameleon is latest rc5 rev.747

Both files are in my Extra folder along as your previous dsdt

dsdt.URBANsUNITED.zip]

you should not need the fix UHCI

Dear MaLd0n,

many thanks for your great support.

DSDT works like it should!

Btw. I tried it by myself and found the reason my my modded DSDT was not working.

After I switched to the AnVAL loader, everything was working fine also with mine.

The normal C2RC5-747 I was not able to get the powermanagement working proper.

I am happy!

Thanks

URBANsUNITED

Hi again MaLd0n,

I attach here my "com.apple.Boot.plist" and "smbios.plist" so that you can have a look on what i'm running. Chameleon is latest rc5 rev.747

Both files are in my Extra folder along as your previous dsdt

smbios_MBP51.zip

Macpro = Desktop 4 or 8 Core

Dear MaLd0n,

many thanks for your great support.

DSDT works like it should!

Btw. I tried it by myself and found the reason my my modded DSDT was not working.

After I switched to the AnVAL loader, everything was working fine also with mine.

The normal C2RC5-747 I was not able to get the powermanagement working proper.

I am happy!

Thanks

URBANsUNITED

01a.png

smbios_MBP51.zip

Macpro = Desktop 4 or 8 Core

Hi MaLd0n,

I have loaded the new smbios, and now after reboot I checked that the correct model is displayed in system info, which is MacBookPro 5,1

But how come, when I type again in termina ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

still nothing happens? :thumbsup_anim:

Hi MaLd0n,

I have loaded the new smbios, and now after reboot I checked that the correct model is displayed in system info, which is MacBookPro 5,1

But how come, when I type again in termina ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

still nothing happens? :thumbsup_anim:

:blink:

try with AnVal

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216726

or

add manually

:(

try with AnVal

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216726

or

add manually

What do you mean by "add manually" ?

Well, I just installed Anval5.1.4... It didn't give me any errors at the new boot, so I guess the installation went well, I followed the manual installation procedure on that page you gave me, where I downloaded the package.

Anyway, after this Anval installation, I rebooted (all okay) and ran again the command for C states, and it gave me NO results as before.

I noticed that only "ioreg -lw0 | grep PerformanceStateArray" reports me a string.

Anyway, the main problem now is the fact that I have absolutely no way to control lcd brightness... neither in the monitor preference panel... There's not even the slide to adjust brightness...

How can I solve this problem without going back to the state when I was not using any dsdt at all?

What do you mean by "add manually" ?

Well, I just installed Anval5.1.4... It didn't give me any errors at the new boot, so I guess the installation went well, I followed the manual installation procedure on that page you gave me, where I downloaded the package.

Anyway, after this Anval installation, I rebooted (all okay) and ran again the command for C states, and it gave me NO results as before.

I noticed that only "ioreg -lw0 | grep PerformanceStateArray" reports me a string.

Anyway, the main problem now is the fact that I have absolutely no way to control lcd brightness... neither in the monitor preference panel... There's not even the slide to adjust brightness...

How can I solve this problem without going back to the state when I was not using any dsdt at all?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=236835

Thanks...

but if now for example i want to add the kext GenericBrightness... since I have no slider at all

where do I have to put this kext, now that I installed the Anval Bootloader?

May I still put the kext in /Extra folder and repair permissions there? Or I must install it to S/L/E instead?

I thought that now my extra kexts are in the hidden EFI partition volume... :wacko:

Thanks...

but if now for example i want to add the kext GenericBrightness... since I have no slider at all

where do I have to put this kext, now that I installed the Anval Bootloader?

May I still put the kext in /Extra folder and repair permissions there? Or I must install it to S/L/E instead?

I thought that now my extra kexts are in the hidden EFI partition volume... :wacko:

use topic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=236835

ivik is the guy

01a.png

Thanks for the info...

I've tried to contact the guy in charge with brightness but I dont count so much in a positive reply anyway.. but we will see! :D

I wanna take a secondo to ask you if u know how to uninstall this AnVal thing? May I just install Chameleon RC5 again and it will clean it ? :)

AnVAL loader is mainly same as RC5 with a few changes. follow same steps in anval post to install other. mainly replace boot file in the root of booting partition.

also u might need the has embedded EC "Fn keys" trick in dsdt

Both DSDTS files can't give working sleep. Tried AnVal Loader - no good. Will try qoopz kernel. If it won't help - I have no idea what to do. Maybe video needs patching.

it sleeps but returns black screen ? using RTGMac_2.0.x driver for lan ? i had same issue with RT8111E .. use Lnx2Mac driver. wake works with it.

Proof: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...d=1655585

EDIT: researching your posts.. is see u use Broadcom BCM57780 LAN.

theres a driver for it by ADLAN.

AnVAL loader is mainly same as RC5 with a few changes. follow same steps in anval post to install other. mainly replace boot file in the root of booting partition.

also u might need the has embedded EC "Fn keys" trick in dsdt

hey Latin...

can you maybe help me in trying to get this to work...? ;)

I attach my actual (but now lost in space... hidden in the EFI partition!) dsdt... (made by MadL0n - all the credit to him!)

if you have some spare time, maybe you can have a look on what might be wrong with brightness control, which is not usable?

dsdt.zip

Perhaps a stupid question, but I have a EP45-UD3L. Are all the installers for the EP45 series motherboards pretty much the same? I'm just having a hard time finding a guide for this particular motherboard.

Thanks.

look it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=180954

follow it