DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

I have an odd problem with the EVGA SR-2.

It has an ALC889 chipset and when using the auto-patcher or using an appropriate HDAEnabler and a 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext, I get the audio device detected and OS X shows the different channels, but no sound will ever actually play.

The driver is definitely installed, AppleHDA.kext is running, but still no sound! I tried all of the different outputs, but none of the channel outs work.

The audio is fine in Windows.

I found other people with this problem, but no solution. Do you know what is going on with the SR-2 audio Malad0n?

@MaLd0n

Hey MaLd0n,

Thanks again for all your awesome work! It's really making a difference for us HP DVx owners. We will soon have more DVx related patch packs for you to add to your DSDT Auto-Patcher.

NIXin is the heavy hitter who has actually been creating our packs for us, but I am getting ready to release my version 2.00 of my HP DVx related guides and installation media. So I am working on including comprehensive documentation on the use of the DSDT Auto-Patcher in my guides and with links to your thread.

I see the DSDT Auto-Patcher is up to version 0.4 now, and I have a couple of questions:

1) In previous versions, there was a Pack folder where we could add additional description.txt and patch.txt in, but I don't see this in version 0.4. What is the procedure for adding new packs now?

2) I see there is support for several systems built into DSDT Auto-Patcher, but I don't see where all of that information resides. Where is it, and how would we update an existing system if need be?

Thanks!!!!

It has an ALC889 chipset and when using the auto-patcher or using an appropriate HDAEnabler and a 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext, I get the audio device detected and OS X shows the different channels, but no sound will ever actually play.

The driver is definitely installed, AppleHDA.kext is running, but still no sound! I tried all of the different outputs, but none of the channel outs work.

The audio is fine in Windows.

I found other people with this problem, but no solution. Do you know what is going on with the SR-2 audio Malad0n?

you need specific kexts for your mobo

@MaLd0n

Hey MaLd0n,

Thanks again for all your awesome work! It's really making a difference for us HP DVx owners. We will soon have more DVx related patch packs for you to add you your DSDT Auto-Patcher.

NIXin is the heavy hitter who has actually been creating our packs for us, but I am getting ready to release my version 2.00 of my HP DVx related guides and installation media. So I am working on including comprehensive documentation on the use of the DSDT Auto-Patcher in my guides and with links to your thread.

I see the DSDT Auto-Patcher is up to version 0.4 now, and I have a couple of questions:

1) In previous versions, there was a Pack folder where we could add additional description.txt and patch.txt in, but I don't see this in version 0.4. What is the procedure for adding new packs now?

2) I see there is support for several systems built into DSDT Auto-Patcher, but I don't see where all of that information resides. Where is it, and how would we update an existing system if need be?

Thanks!!!!

1-

ShowAllFiles.zip

:)

2-

you talk about the program or about the patches?

you need specific kexts for your mobo

1-

ShowAllFiles.zip

:P

2-

you talk about the program or about the patches?

1)

DOOOhhhh! I feel like an idiot! :) I'm working on a system with a fairly fresh install of OS X and I hadn't put on SHOW/HIDE files! Thanks!

2)

A little of all; I'm talking about DSDT Editor, DSDT Auto-Patcher, run_me, and the creation of "patch packs".

I will send you a copy of the document before I release it. Any input would be great. And if you would like to use any of it, you are welcome to.

Thanks again!

@MaLd0n

Ok, here is another question:

Currently, for HP Pavilion DVx series machines, we have patch packs for DV6, DV8, and an HDX18. We will very soon need further divisions in each category as not all DV6, DV8 machines are alike.

There are several different models of these machines, many with different components. For example one DV6 may have an nVidia GPU while another DV6 has an ATI. I'm not sure what the best nomenclature is for us to use yet, but that is my question.

What will the DSDT Auto-Patcher accept for a directory structure? Would something like this be OK? :

HP\DV8\DV8T_1100\

HP\DV8\DV8T_1200\

HP\DV8\DV8T_1300\

(3 deep here, and what about 4 deep maybe?)

Will folder nesting such as this be the way to handle this?

A little of all; I'm talking about DSDT Editor, DSDT Auto-Patcher, run_me, and the creation of "patch packs".

I will send you a copy of the document before I release it. Any input would be great. And if you would like to use any of it, you are welcome to.

DSDT Editor and DSDT Auto-Patcher - by el coniglio

what needs to be corrected

compilation errors, bugs, etc.

that part is with him

I know nothing about it

I just gave him

run_me - was created to meet the needs of the topic, been made to avoid large post, log requests, DSDT, ioreg ...

patch packs - I prepare all patches

Contributions are always welcome

as all users are also welcome

Currently, for HP Pavilion DVx series machines, we have patch packs for DV6, DV8, and an HDX18. We will very soon need further divisions in each category as not all DV6, DV8 machines are alike.

There are several different models of these machines, many with different components. For example one DV6 may have an nVidia GPU while another DV6 has an ATI. I'm not sure what the best nomenclature is for us to use yet, but that is my question.

What will the DSDT Auto-Patcher accept for a directory structure? Would something like this be OK? :

HP\DV8\DV8T_1100\

HP\DV8\DV8T_1200\

HP\DV8\DV8T_1300\

( deep here, and what about 4 deep maybe?)

Will folder nesting such as this be the way to handle this?

packs/gigabyte/ga p35-ds3 for example

is better to change the patch name and description

no need to alter the program

__.png

Hi Maldon,

Thank you about your DSDT Auto-Patcher. I'm trying to run it on my mobo but it sends my this message:

[Line 180 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)]

[Line 186 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)]

[Line 245 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.UHC5)]

[Line 293 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.UHC5)]

[Line 298 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.EHC1)]

[Line 299 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.EHC2)]

[Line 301 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF)]

[Line 2357 type Error message Name already exists in scope (UHC4)]

[Line 2359 type Error message Name already exists in scope (_ADR)]

[Line 2360 type Error message Name already exists in scope (_S3D)]

[Line 3607 type Error message Object not found or not accessible from scope (PCI0.EXPL)]

[Line 3609 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_HID)]

[Line 3610 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_UID)]

[Line 3611 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_CRS)]

[Line 3613 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (BUF0)]

[Line 3620 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (BUF0)]

I can't reboot without my original dsdt.aml because the boot fails.

What can I do?

My motherboard is a gigabyte GA-965P-S3 rev 1.0, bios F12.

Thank you.

Hi Maldon,

Thank you about your DSDT Auto-Patcher. I'm trying to run it on my mobo but it sends my this message:

[Line 180 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)]

[Line 186 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)]

[Line 245 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.UHC5)]

[Line 293 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.UHC5)]

[Line 298 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.EHC1)]

[Line 299 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.EHC2)]

[Line 301 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF)]

[Line 2357 type Error message Name already exists in scope (UHC4)]

[Line 2359 type Error message Name already exists in scope (_ADR)]

[Line 2360 type Error message Name already exists in scope (_S3D)]

[Line 3607 type Error message Object not found or not accessible from scope (PCI0.EXPL)]

[Line 3609 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_HID)]

[Line 3610 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_UID)]

[Line 3611 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_CRS)]

[Line 3613 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (BUF0)]

[Line 3620 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (BUF0)]

I can't reboot without my original dsdt.aml because the boot fails.

What can I do?

My motherboard is a gigabyte GA-965P-S3 rev 1.0, bios F12.

Thank you.

boot with nullcpupm then extract dsdt (your problem is modded dsdt being grabbed by auto-patcher.)

or

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...23&st=2360#

Could you add support for ASUS M3A78- EMH HDMI and MSI K9VGM-V?

I'd like to use better power management with AMD and chameleon RC5. I already have a working dsdt.aml but I'm not sure if it is all patched. Is there any way to prove my dsdt.aml?

Thanks!

Could you add support for ASUS M3A78- EMH HDMI and MSI K9VGM-V?

I'd like to use better power management with AMD and chameleon RC5. I already have a working dsdt.aml but I'm not sure if it is all patched. Is there any way to prove my dsdt.aml?

Thanks!

Native Power Management on AMDs?

If possible? I just want to save some energy.

Own the modified kernel disables the power management(or kext disabler)

AMD has no native power management on Mac OsX

Own the modified kernel disables the power management(or kext disabler)

AMD has no native power management on Mac OsX

Well that's not good news. I can't get sleep working and the system is very hot. Any way to do this by DSDT or do I have to go another way?

Well I can send it so sleep with SleepEnabler but the fans stay on and it doesn't come back. I use OpenHaltRestart on another Computer with the same result.

I attached the files you requested.

Thank you

This happened to me in my rig. Turned out to be a kext for my USB3 card. Once I removed it I was able to fully put it to sleep. Check your kexts, it may be one that you installed.

This happened to me in my rig. Turned out to be a kext for my USB3 card. Once I removed it I was able to fully put it to sleep. Check your kexts, it may be one that you installed.

I have different kexts installed on both systems.

Thanks for help with my Acer TravelMate. I've boughr Acer eMachines D730 for my wife. Works perfect but no sleep. Bios and sendme.zip attached. If you'll help it will be $400 macbook -_-

Use nativePM, see the first post

dsdt.BloodyVlad.zip

OpenHaltRestart, Disabler, PlatformUUID, SleepEnabler

Collection? _O.png

read firts post

Well I can send it so sleep with SleepEnabler but the fans stay on and it doesn't come back. I use OpenHaltRestart on another Computer with the same result.

I attached the files you requested.

Thank you

try it

dsdt.dawiinci.zip

use SleepEnabler

MaLd0n,

I'm running my Snow Leopard install over a ASUS P5K Premium motherboard.

Using your DSDT Auto Patcher + the AD1988bFix.kext.zip, everything looks to be OK.

The sound devices show up in System Preferences, but no audio comes in or out.

(Look at the attached screen capture)

post-312598-1299705755_thumb.png

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

MaLd0n,

I'm running my Snow Leopard install over a ASUS P5K Premium motherboard.

Using your DSDT Auto Patcher + the AD1988bFix.kext.zip, everything looks to be OK.

The sound devices show up in System Preferences, but no audio comes in or out.

(Look at the attached screen capture)

audio.png

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Internal Speakers does not work?

Internal Speakers does not work?

No! Either Internal Speakers or both Line out, nothing.

I tested front and back jacks, also nothing...

After running the DSDT Auto-pacther, I just dropped the kext into Extra/Extensions and restarted.

I missed something?