DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

restart Chameleon RC5

nativePM

run on terminal

ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

P-states work

C-states do not work, so you do not need to generate P or C states. post-557433-1300655295.png

so do u mean I don't need these one in my boot.plist?

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

and the patch Shutdown Intel is useless as well? :D

how about these? I don't get it

AppleIntelNehalemProfile ????

AppleTyMCEDriver ???

by using your DSDT, sleep is working, but when it wakes up, everything is crash :D

so do u mean I don't need these one in my boot.plist?

GeneratePStates

Yes

GenerateCStates

Yes

and the patch Shutdown Intel is useless as well? :D

how about these? I don't get it

by using your DSDT, sleep is working, but when it wakes up, everything is crash :D

Yep

Yep

use -v, you will see what is causing the kp

even if you're inside the system

alc883

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x83\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Newbie questions...

I have a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 and try to get audio working under 10.6.6. I patched AppleHDA.kext with instruction from the 1st post, ran DSDT Auto-Patcher, and put the resulted DSDT.aml at /. After reboot, still no sound and the system profiler shows a sound chip of 892. Did I miss a step or two about the DSDT.aml?

Thanks.

Newbie questions...

I have a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 and try to get audio working under 10.6.6. I patched AppleHDA.kext with instruction from the 1st post, ran DSDT Auto-Patcher, and put the resulted DSDT.aml at /. After reboot, still no sound and the system profiler shows a sound chip of 892. Did I miss a step or two about the DSDT.aml?

Thanks.

use HDEF Gigabyte

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=85448

You need a legacyHdaAlc883 +HDEF(DSDT) + AppleHda patched or AppleHda 10.6.2

Hi MaLd0n,

I'm running 10.6.6 on my dell inspiron 1545 quite fine, but I'm still using voodooHDA for the sound, cannot use sleep and I think I haveto monitor temperatures because it seems that they're high and the fan keeps running.

Maybe your patch could fix these issues...

Could you please take a look?

send_me.zip

so do u have any idea how to enable C-states?

you will not be able to generate CST in your notebook

To use the DSDT.aml from DSDT Auto-Patcher HDEF-USB-GMA 950.app, I need both legacyHdaAlc883 and patch AppHDA with instruction in the OP?

Yep

DSDT(HDEF + LEGACY + APPLEHDA

DSDT(HDEF + LEGACY + APPLEHDA

Does it matter when I run the DSDT(HDEF)? Do I need to put the two kext's in /S/L/E and fix permission before I run it?

Do you have a link to legacy ALC883?

Thanks.

UPDATE:

downloaded the legacy ALC883 kext files from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...82301&st=20 and moved them to /Extra/Extensions. Patched the AppleHDA.kext as described in the 1st post of this thread. Ran DSDT Auto-Patcher and used the resulted dsdt.aml to run DSDT Auto-Patcher HDEF-USB-GMA 950. Put the resulting dsdt.aml at /Extra. After reboot, System Profiler shows an Intel High Definition Audio with ID: 888 but there is no output devices under Sound from System Pref.

Does it matter when I run the DSDT(HDEF)? Do I need to put the two kext's in /S/L/E and fix permission before I run it?

Do you have a link to legacy ALC883?

Thanks.

UPDATE:

downloaded the legacy ALC883 kext files from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...82301&st=20 and moved them to /Extra/Extensions. Patched the AppleHDA.kext as described in the 1st post of this thread. Ran DSDT Auto-Patcher and used the resulted dsdt.aml to run DSDT Auto-Patcher HDEF-USB-GMA 950. Put the resulting dsdt.aml at /Extra. After reboot, System Profiler shows an Intel High Definition Audio with ID: 888 but there is no output devices under Sound from System Pref.

try it

AppleHDA.kext.zip

remove legacy

put AppleHda in S/L/E

after

double click in kext utility

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=87694

DONT DRAG THE KEXT TO THE PROGRAM

try it

AppleHDA.kext.zip

remove legacy

put AppleHda in S/L/E

after

double click in kext utility

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=87694

DONT DRAG THE KEXT TO THE PROGRAM

No luck. I have to run kext utility twice after I copied AppleHDA to S/L/E. The first time, it complained AppleHDA was not installed properly. 2nd time ran fine.

After reboot, system profiler sees the sound chip as alc892 but no output devices are detected under sound in Sys Pref.

No luck. I have to run kext utility twice after I copied AppleHDA to S/L/E. The first time, it complained AppleHDA was not installed properly. 2nd time ran fine.

After reboot, system profiler sees the sound chip as alc892 but no output devices are detected under sound in Sys Pref.

alc892 or 883? 01b.png

send me your DSDT

Hi MaLd0n,

I'm running 10.6.6 on my dell inspiron 1545 quite fine, but I'm still using voodooHDA for the sound, cannot use sleep and I think I haveto monitor temperatures because it seems that they're high and the fan keeps running.

Maybe your patch could fix these issues...

Could you please take a look?

send_me.zip

you have to use the native power management

see the first post

dsdt.c0ke.zip

Toolbox:

I've had the same frustration getting alc883 working. We have similar boards and I can't tell you how many times I've had to rebuild my machine because of trying to get alc883 working natively. I'm going to end up using voodoo as that seems to at least work. Not the greatestethod but it works.

you have to use the native power management

see the first post

Thank you! I'll proceed as soon and will report you the results

Toolbox:

I've had the same frustration getting alc883 working. We have similar boards and I can't tell you how many times I've had to rebuild my machine because of trying to get alc883 working natively. I'm going to end up using voodoo as that seems to at least work. Not the greatestethod but it works.

Except voodoo doesn't work for me...

man

use Chameleon RC5

after

run on terminal

ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

remove voodoopstate, voodoomonitor

Use fakesmc first post in system/library/extensions

I'm using Chameleon RC5

This is my boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
[color="#FF0000"][b]	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>[/b][/color]
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseAtiROM</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
[b][color="#FF0000"]	<key>UHCIreset</key>
<string>yes</string>[/color][/b]
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Camp</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Wait</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,3)</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And:

mac:~ hjs$ ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo
| |   |	 "CSTInfo" = 19136773

The only Voodoo kext in S/L/E is VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Any idea?

Ps. I've noticed that I've activated the UHCI patch in Chameleon and you fixed my DSDT. I'll try without it.

EDIT: I think that I've found the error. I was using a smbios.plist from a MacBookPro. Now I'm using one from a MacPro and seems that it's working, at least now the laptop is as powerful as ever, but I don't know if it is working well.

SMC Monitor still without working. I don't have any value about cpus, but in kernel log I can see:

Mar 23 01:39:55 mac kernel[0]: IntelCPUMonitor: BusClock=333MHz FSB=1332MHz
Mar 23 01:39:55 mac kernel[0]: IntelCPUMonitor: Platform string n
Mar 23 01:39:55 mac kernel[0]: IntelCPUMonitor: CPU Tjmax 100

Thank you! You helped me a lot.

Hey MaLd0n, here are the files for my system. My motherboard is the Intel DH67CF. Its a mini itx sandy bridge board.

Gigabit LAN subsystem using the Intel® 82579V Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Two Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s ports

Two Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s ports, with one port compatible with eSATA* extension

One eSATA* 3.0 Gb/s port

Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports

Ten USB 2.0 ports, four back panel ports and six additional ports via four internal headers

I'm using a Geforce 210 - N210-MD512D3H/LP for video and would love it if I could get audio working via hdmi as well.

Thanks in advance bro!

send_me.zip

Hi,

please help me with my DSDT, my cpu fan don't work fine, it start on sometime and for few seconds and cpu is always Hot 60°C; thanks! I have installed these kext:

VodooBattery

VodooHDA

FakeSMC

SuperIOFamily

IntelCpuMonitor

IntelThermal

ACPIMonitor

my computer is notebook eMachine E510 with cpu dual core T3200

Thanks

send_me.zip

Hey MaLd0n, here are the files for my system. My motherboard is the Intel DH67CF. Its a mini itx sandy bridge board.

Gigabit LAN subsystem using the Intel® 82579V Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Two Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s ports

Two Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s ports, with one port compatible with eSATA* extension

One eSATA* 3.0 Gb/s port

Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports

Ten USB 2.0 ports, four back panel ports and six additional ports via four internal headers

I'm using a Geforce 210 - N210-MD512D3H/LP for video and would love it if I could get audio working via hdmi as well.

Thanks in advance bro!

Try it

dsdt.prototype_sx.zip