DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

The DSDT I'm using is the one you sent me. I sent it to you after the patcher chucked an error and you sent it back fixed up and ready to go, I presume. The BIOS is original, but a bit older (late 2009, I think) as Intel royally screwed the pooch on BIOS updates completely wrecking overclocks after that.

try with

USBBusFix=Yes

@MaLd0n,

Thanks for the file for the Rampage. Quick Question. I see these two files in the Extra/Extensions you provided for the Rampage.

With the DSDT patched do I still need these two kexts?

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

and

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

I used the auto-patch supplied by MaLdOn and it improved many things about my system including the abiliy to eliminate all but fakesmc and VoodooHDA kext. Many thanks for that.

I see two error messages during boot which I would like to eliminate if possible.

11/12/10 4:26:27 PM	kernel	SATA WARNING: IDENTIFY DEVICE checksum not implemented.

11/12/10 4:10:44 PM	kernel	USBF:	1.725	AppleUSBOHCI[0xffffff8011a8e000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep
11/12/10 4:10:44 PM	kernel	USBF:	1.727	AppleUSBOHCI[0xffffff8011c5a000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

Problem is, I have no idea where to look for the solution. If anyone has existing patches/solutions I would really appreciate some help on this one.

try with

USBBusFix=Yes

No difference. It's no so much that USB is dead upon wake. I have no video as well. The computer seems to go to sleep properly and looks like it's shut down. Hitting the keyboard brings the fans and LEDs back up, but nothing else. USB devices dead, monitor still on standby.

One thing that occurs to me is that I also have a Soundblaster 5.1 card and the kxAudio drivers installed. This was not present when my DSDT was created. I'm wondering if that might be the problem.

I used the auto-patch supplied by MaLdOn and it improved many things about my system including the abiliy to eliminate all but fakesmc and VoodooHDA kext. Many thanks for that.

I see two error messages during boot which I would like to eliminate if possible.

11/12/10 4:26:27 PM	kernel	SATA WARNING: IDENTIFY DEVICE checksum not implemented.

11/12/10 4:10:44 PM	kernel	USBF:	1.725	AppleUSBOHCI[0xffffff8011a8e000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep
11/12/10 4:10:44 PM	kernel	USBF:	1.727	AppleUSBOHCI[0xffffff8011c5a000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

Problem is, I have no idea where to look for the solution. If anyone has existing patches/solutions I would really appreciate some help on this one.

send me ioreg output

let's try to solve it

No difference. It's no so much that USB is dead upon wake. I have no video as well. The computer seems to go to sleep properly and looks like it's shut down. Hitting the keyboard brings the fans and LEDs back up, but nothing else. USB devices dead, monitor still on standby.

look it

DSDT DX58SO

dsdt.aml_DX58SO.zip

compare with your DSDT

Use diffmerge

send me ioreg output

let's try to solve it

look it

DSDT DX58SO

dsdt.aml_DX58SO.zip

compare with your DSDT

Use diffmerge

Diffmerge will not open that DSDT, citing a text encoding problem. Some kind of unknown character and none of the text encoding options work. However, I did take a look in the DSDTEditor, and there are significant differences in the CPU options. The one you posted has a lot more in there than mine. I didn't go over the whole thing meticulously, but that appears to be the only significant difference.

Diffmerge will not open that DSDT, citing a text encoding problem. Some kind of unknown character and none of the text encoding options work. However, I did take a look in the DSDTEditor, and there are significant differences in the CPU options. The one you posted has a lot more in there than mine. I didn't go over the whole thing meticulously, but that appears to be the only significant difference.

pic, tmr and others

I do not find them

much difference

I update the bios

but I do not know if that's what you want

I do not know a solution to your problem

sorry

SUCCESS! I did some digging and it looks like Intel finally put out a BIOS update that doesn't break overclocks completely. Updated, reconfigured, and it's running fine. Furthermore, sleep now works! It takes maybe 5-10 seconds to really wake up, but it does wake up! Now I guess we know that older BIOS on this board can be problematic, and that Intel finally got their head out of their ass after about 6 months and several bum BIOS updates. Some wouldn't even work properly at stock speeds.

The only thing I'm seeing now is that ethernet does not work after sleep. I'm using a Realtek1000SL.kext for that.

SUCCESS! I did some digging and it looks like Intel finally put out a BIOS update that doesn't break overclocks completely. Updated, reconfigured, and it's running fine. Furthermore, sleep now works! It takes maybe 5-10 seconds to really wake up, but it does wake up! Now I guess we know that older BIOS on this board can be problematic, and that Intel finally got their head out of their ass after about 6 months and several bum BIOS updates. Some wouldn't even work properly at stock speeds.

The only thing I'm seeing now is that ethernet does not work after sleep. I'm using a Realtek1000SL.kext for that.

send me a log

cat /var/log/kernel.log

I used the profile for p5b deluxe WiFi (I hope there are not any difference with my MB that is P5B deluxe only),

In system profile in s-ata structure now is Intel ICH8-M AHCI while ICH8-R AHCI. Could you correct this?

thanks

EvOreboot <-- Shutdown DSDT, restart Chameleon RC5

PlatformUUID <---Chameleon Rc4/Rc5

-----------------------------

NullCPUPowerManagement

VoodooPowerMini

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

BIG THANKS U MAN !!!! native power management is work great! SLEEP IS WORK TOO!!!!

kext's i deleted. now using just a fakesmc with plugins!!!!!)))))

many many THX!!!!!!!)))

and last question ..now when i want update system i don't need to use null cpupowermanagement.kext ?

General Question - How can i get an unmodded/orig. DSDT.AML (or .dsl) out of an orig. BIOS.ROM file ?

I most use DSDT to boot OS X. All working so far. But i want compare my handmade dsdt with that autopatcher one.

i cant use the buildin feature to read the dsdt i belive (because its already loaded orig. unpatched dsdt )

How can i use the Autoppatcher to generate an new one ?

I mean how can i get an orig. DSDT out of my BIOS file (orig.) .

I dont have that dsdt-orig. anymore for usage as input file for that great patcher ;)

Would be nice if someone could tell me teh steps - running OS X / Vmware Win - how to get an dsdt.dsl out of my BIOS.ROM file.

I used the profile for p5b deluxe WiFi (I hope there are not any difference with my MB that is P5B deluxe only),

In system profile in s-ata structure now is Intel ICH8-M AHCI while ICH8-R AHCI. Could you correct this?

thanks

these are available

mald0n20101113s134113.png

remove _DSM ---> 0x001F0002

and use http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=80240

@mitch_de

Did you flash your bios with a modded dsdt? If you didn't do this you can just boot a live cd and extract it from there (or into windows if you have it).

If you really flashed it you can extract the dsdt from rom using the bios manufacturer proper tool, but there are only available for windows (IMO). If its an AMI bios, http://www.ami.com/support/bios.cfm AWARD you'll use cbrom32 and so on, you can get them from google in a sec. If you cannot do it (doesn't have windows) post the rom and bios spec.

and last question ..now when i want update system i don't need to use null cpupowermanagement.kext ?

Nops

you can update without worrying about it

Hi.

I have the Mainboard, Gigabyte EP45-DS3R.

Is it possible to use the patch for Gigabyte EP45C-DS3R instead of EP45-DS3R, which is not available in your list.

Otherwise, can you add the functionality for Gigabyte EP45-DS3R.

Thanks.

send me your original DSDT

Works really well, thanks!

I'm using a G31-S2L over here. Sleep finally works on 10.6.5

Had some trouble compiling it at first, perhaps you could make it a bit clear in your first post for hackintosh illiterates like me :)

:(

@mitch_de

Did you flash your bios with a modded dsdt? If you didn't do this you can just boot a live cd and extract it from there (or into windows if you have it).

If you really flashed it you can extract the dsdt from rom using the bios manufacturer proper tool, but there are only available for windows (IMO). If its an AMI bios, http://www.ami.com/support/bios.cfm AWARD you'll use cbrom32 and so on, you can get them from google in a sec. If you cannot do it (doesn't have windows) post the rom and bios spec.

I dont have linux live CD nor native win installed.

I tried cbrom32 (OS X + Vmware Win) already with half sucess, because but did someting wrong - perhaps wrong command line parameters?) . I get some disassembled Table content, but not the long dsdt.dsl.

Here is that bios (award) which is orig. (also orig. on the mainboard).

EP35DS3.F5a.zip

2 -> Extract the ACPI table. On the command prompt execute:

cbrom biosfilename.bin /acpitbl extract

This will extract an ACPITBL.BIN file to your working folder. You might need to press Enter twice.

3 -> Extract the DSDT (Differentiated System Description Table) from ACPITBL.BIN. For this open ACPITBL.BIN file with an HEX Editor. Search for an ASCII signature labeled DSDT. Select all the bytes starting immediately before the D of the DSDT word to the end of the ACPITBL.BIN file. Now copy all these bytes to a new file on the HEX Editor and save this new file as DSDT.bin placed on your working folder.

http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sis-bin/ul...c;f=52;t=000143