DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

[Line 436 type Error message Min/Max/Length/Gran are all zero, but no resource tag ]

I get this when I run the patcher. Like I said before, my DSDT was auto-generated by a set of SL install scripts.

send me your DSDT

This error started to show up in the new iasl, we have made the fix but for some reason it didn't work for your dsdt.

EDIT

dsdt.aml_The_Finale_of_Seem.zip

AHCI ICH10

LPC

SBUS

SHUTDOWN

DTGP

FIX WARNINGS and ERRORS

On the upside, I've put that DSDT into place (you ROCK!), edited the boot.plist to enable CPU states, and turned those back on in the BIOS. Still running fine, so it hasn't been detrimental and I likely now have better power/thermal management (any way to test if it's working?). However, sleep is unchanged. It'll go to sleep with the fans and LEDs still running, no USB, and I cannot wake it by any means. Power button does nothing. I have to reboot. I'm wondering if I have an errant kext mucking things up. I seem to still be using NullCPUPowerManagement, OpenHaltRestart, PlatformUUID, and fakeSMC. I don't think any have been updated since the early days of SL as there hasn't been a need.

[Line 436 type Error message Min/Max/Length/Gran are all zero, but no resource tag ]

Thanks for reporting, I already coded a routine for this case, so it won't happen anymore on next release.

Please keep reporting the compilation errors (and attaching the dsdt if possible) so I can make the "auto-fixer" more effective.

NullCPUPowerManagement, OpenHaltRestart, PlatformUUID, and fakeSMC.

send me a kextstat

run on terminal

just FYI @ MaLd0n, New Combo Update went fine, THX again :P !

i don't have any ' kext ' in ' /Extra/Extensions ' Folder, anymore :thumbsup_anim: !

just FakeSMC in /S/L/E from ProjectOSX !

because Mozodojo's didn't work for me !

CooSee ' Ya

WoW

Great :D

@MaLd0n,

Everything seems to be working great for the Asus Rampage. I have converted my Maximus Formula to a rampage Bios 0902 and tested your patch and works fine.

Couple of very minor things.

I had to add this script to the IONetworkingFamily.kext Yukon.kext in order to get the two Gigabit controllers to work. See script at end for anyone interested.

It seems that once system wakes from sleep I have to reconnect the USB keyboard. Do the EHC Controllers need any injection or patch like most others? I don't know if its necessary or not? Your patching does not patch the EHC1 and ECH2.

Do you think adding the usual EHC injection script might fix the USB Keyboard issue?

I plugged in a USB flash Drive and there are no issues with Sleep/Wake. No Disk Error messages.

I see in my kernel messages that the Jmicron ATA controller kext is not able to load?

I have attached my Kernel.log

Here is the script I added to the IOnetworkingFamily.kext\AppleYukon2.kext to get the Ethernet controllers to work:

<key>Yukon-88E8056</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon2</string>
		<key>EnableLowPwr</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>yukon2osx</string>
		<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		<string>0x436411ab</string>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>MACNumber</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>Model</key>
		<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper SA</string>
		<key>NetworkNumber</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>RxDeadman</key>
		<integer>60</integer>
		<key>RxRingGrowOnPause</key>
		<integer>10</integer>
		<key>RxRingSize</key>
		<integer>0</integer>
		<key>RxRingSize_100MBit</key>
		<integer>128</integer>
		<key>RxRingSize_10MBit</key>
		<integer>64</integer>
		<key>RxRingSize_GigaBit</key>
		<integer>256</integer>
		<key>TxRingSize</key>
		<integer>256</integer>
		<key>Vendor</key>
		<string>Marvell</string>
	</dict>

Kernel Log:

kernel.txt

No need for a kext report. Aside from a couple of hardware driver kexts (ie, audio), fakeSMC is now the only additional one. Still boots fine without everything else. The thing is, the Project OSX FakeSMC kernel panic'd my machine on boot. I had to delete nearly all of the plugins (everything but ACPI, IntelThermal, and the Nvidia kext) to make it functional again.

However, sleep still eludes me. There is progress as the machine will now fully sleep, shutting off the fans and LEDs. Mashing the keyboard springs those back to life, but doesn't wake the machine. USB and video are still dead and a reboot is the only way out.

At least temps are working. Yay! My CPU definitely seems to run hotter in OS X than Windows, though. On top of that, I can finally get my GPU temp, which is getting disturbingly high. I seem to remember some command-line utility around here that could boost GPU fan speeds, but this was a while ago and it didn't support my card. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Hi and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm using 2 mobo's

G31-S2L

G31-ES2L

Using Chameleon 2 RC5 (latest build) and removing most kexts from extra except for FakeSMC.

Almost everything works ok and that's really great on OSX 10.6.4 and 10.6.5.

The only problem on both is Sleep. They go to sleep but they Reboot on Wake. I've tried everything i know.

Any help will be of great help.

I really appreciate you great work. ThanX!!!

It seems that once system wakes from sleep I have to reconnect the USB keyboard. Do the EHC Controllers need any injection or patch like most others? I don't know if its necessary or not? Your patching does not patch the EHC1 and ECH2.

try applying the EHCI

see if it solves the problem

apply also FRWR

FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)

I see in my kernel messages that the Jmicron ATA controller kext is not able to load?

JM.zip

This is amazing, i've tried it on a couple of different motherboards, and all i can say is that patching DSDT has never been so easy!

Is there a chance for GA-X58A-UD3R support? Here's a complete list of patches by d00d: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196771

And thanks again to everyone involved in this project! :)

Hi XLR

Try with "GA EX58 - GA X58A"

is not working well

send me the original DSDT

:D

anyone have a Asus P5QL PRO DSDT Patch with sleep,shutdown and others fixes???

i'm use the C2D E8400 CPU. 2gigs of ram (800 mhz) geForce 9600 GT 512 Mb.

send me your original DSDT and kextstat

asus p5w dh deluxe ---> DSDT ...please!! :)

send me your original DSDT and kextstat

The only problem on both is Sleep. They go to sleep but they Reboot on Wake. I've tried everything i know.

S3 enabled in bios

look at the energy saver

mald0n20100923s164347.png

in archive keststat & Original DSDT.dsl(aml) from Evo DSDTSE.

please help with this one. allready big thx!!! :)

dsdt.aml_pasha_infest.zip

AHCI ICH10

ALIAS

DTGP

EHCI

HID/CID

IRQs

REMOVE

RENAME

SBUS

SHUTDOWN

FIX WARNINGS

Great!!! Thanx!!! Now it comes back from sleep. No problems.

;)

Hi XLR

Try with "GA EX58 - GA X58A"

is not working well

send me the original DSDT

;)

Thanks man, i will try it next week because this computer is at my sister's house right now.

And here's a clean DSDT: acpidump_for_GA-X58A-UD3R_(rev 1.0 / BIOS F5)_DSDT.aml.zip

Btw, i almost finished the translations for RC5 and i hope they will be ready next week too.

My problem is that i'm a perfectionist, that's why sometimes things take so much time. :)

Thanks man, i will try it next week because this computer is at my sister's house right now.

And here's a clean DSDT: acpidump_for_GA-X58A-UD3R_(rev 1.0 / BIOS F5)_DSDT.aml.zip

Btw, i almost finished the translations for RC5 and i hope they will be ready next week too.

My problem is that i'm a perfectionist, that's why sometimes things take so much time. :)

;)

I'll see what I can do

Ran the kextstat, hope it helps to get this thing sleeping properly at last.

You can try the USB fixs(El Coniglio has the same motherboard and do not need it)

This is an original DSDT?

Original Bios?

dsdt.aml_XLR.zip

DTGP

AHCI ICH10

HID/CID

HPET

IRQs

LPC

RTC

SBUS

SHUTDOWN

LAN0

REMOVE

RENAME

FIX WARNINGS

send me a log

cat /var/log/kernel.log

thx a lot!!!!!

in system profiler add's info about pci cards. !!)))

and work a bit faster.

what about native sleep? :) //// thx again!

send me a kextstat

run on terminal

hello @MaLd0n,

there's a difference between the frist DSDT.aml you've modified and the DSDT.aml from the new patcher !

if you've got Time, can you tell me what goes wrong ?

with the New one i get Orange Icons !

is there are a big difference between ' Intel ESB2 AHCI ' and ' Intel ICH10 AHCI ' ?

with the New one i get this message , too:

Nov 12 18:27:52 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:1.147	AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff801191d000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleepUSBF:
1.148	AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80117a1000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

please look at the attachments.

like i said before, there's no Rush :)

CooSee ' Ya

CooSeeS_Kernel.log_OldDSDT.rtf

CooSeeS_Kernel.log_NewDSDT.rtf

DSDT_OLD.aml.zip

DSDT_NEW.aml.zip

hello @MaLd0n,

there's a difference between the frist DSDT.aml you've modified and the DSDT.aml from the new patcher !

if you've got Time, can you tell me what goes wrong ?

with the New one i get Orange Icons !

is there are a big difference between ' Intel ESB2 AHCI ' and ' Intel ICH10 AHCI ' ?

with the New one i get this message , too:

Nov 12 18:27:52 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:1.147	AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff801191d000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleepUSBF:
1.148	AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80117a1000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

please look at the attachments.

like i said before, there's no Rush :)

CooSee ' Ya

Try it

the wrong patch

patch_EP45_UD3LR.txt

Use DSDT EDITOR and PATCHER

Orange Icon use http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=79552

ESB2 you do not need any kext

but will lose hotplug

this is my kextstat

EvOreboot

PlatformUUID

-----------------------------

NullCPUPowerManagement

VoodooPowerMini

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225766

Chameleon_v2.0_RC5_r631.zip

You can try the USB fixs(El Coniglio has the same motherboard and do not need it)

This is an original DSDT?

Original Bios?

The DSDT I'm using is the one you sent me. I sent it to you after the patcher chucked an error and you sent it back fixed up and ready to go, I presume. The BIOS is original, but a bit older (late 2009, I think) as Intel royally screwed the pooch on BIOS updates completely wrecking overclocks after that.