Chameleon RC5

the DSDT was not the original, but was missing some patches

LPC ICH10

IRQs(pic, tmr)

REMOVE

RENAMED

RTC

SBUS

I am use all chameleon usbfix, wake work only for power button, but everything works fine. thx :jester:

O meu só funciona pelo mouse e teclado com o fix usb

mesmo o seu não sendo ICH9 vc pode tentar

GA_EP45_UD3LR.zip

use Chameleon RC5

all you need is in the pack

Folder Extra(DSDT, etc)

Chameleon RC5

the DSDT was not the original, but was missing some patches

LPC ICH10

IRQs(pic, tmr)

REMOVE

RENAMED

RTC

SBUS

THX again MaLd0n,

you're right about the DSDT ( KakeWalk USB-Install Method ) was only modified with the HPET fix, sorry :jester:

i used the ' FakeSMC ' Version from Mozodojo before, but after restart they don't work anymore :(:wacko: !

Mozodojo's FakeSMC !

tried the Version you gave me, but now there are no Temps anymore ( iStat Menus 3.10 )?!?!

in my ' /Volume/Extra ' folder i've got only 2 kexts

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and OpenHaltRestart.kext

can i delete these kexts, or just the first one ?

EDIT: can't believe it's working without these 2 kexts :D

i just modified my ' com.apple.Boot.plist ' ( added P-states and C-states ) but i don't change my Smbios.plist,using '

MacPro3,1 ).

should i use ' 2,1 ' ?

sorry being so noobish, but here in Germany it's now ' 04:07 am ' and i'am little bit tired :ninja:

CooSee ' Ya

CooSeeS_Extra_Folder.zip

CooSeeS_Konsole_Output.rtf

i just modified my ' com.apple.Boot.plist ' ( added P-states and C-states ) but i don't change my Smbios.plist,using '

MacPro3,1 ).

should i use ' 2,1 ' ?

no problems

can use 3.1 or 2.1

you're right about the DSDT ( KakeWalk USB-Install Method ) was only modified with the HPET fix, sorry :jester:

HPET, EHCI, UHCI, ESB2

send me a kextstat

run on terminal

Thank you for dsdt.

i added Fn hack but it not work, and can't sleep, sound off, keyboard off. :)

send me a kextstat

run on terminal

keyboard

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pk6bzc

Sound

use VoodooHda or DSDT EDITOR and PATCHER

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

:) thank you again.

With AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext it work correctly. keyboard, sound work. Fn key work with a few functions but it always number when i type without Fn key press. brightness up and down doesn't work with Fn key.

Sleep go wrong: screen still on, cpu fan still running.

heres my kextstat

kextstat.rtf

got my Temps back :D, except Nvidia Temps, using iStat 3.10 !

using FakeSMC from

FakeSMC from ProjectOSX !

got the feeling that the Temperatures are little bit higher but thats ok, i've got 5 Fans in my Case !

what about ' SpeedStep ' ???

because ' CPU-X ' shows me always the highest frequency !

anyway, Thank you so much, for your Work :)

CooSee ' Ya

got my Temps back :D, except Nvidia Temps, using iStat 3.10 !

using FakeSMC from

FakeSMC from ProjectOSX !

got the feeling that the Temperatures are little bit higher but thats ok, i've got 5 Fans in my Case !

because ' CPU-X ' shows me always the highest frequency !

anyway, Thank you so much, for your Work :)

CooSee ' Ya

http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/a.../eng/203838.htm

use Voodoomonitor

CPU-X always shows up

O meu só funciona pelo mouse e teclado com o fix usb

mesmo o seu não sendo ICH9 vc pode tentar

O meu depois que ativei todos os fix do chameleon o wake pelo teclado e mouse não funcionam, apenas do powerbutton e o bom disso, as usbs não morrem :angel:

This looks great, but I'm just hoping for some final confirmation before I take the plunge on this. My Hackie has been running fine for some time now with 10.6.x (Intel DX58SO), but sleep has never worked. I haven't even bothered putting SleepEnabler back after pulling it for an update. I also disabled the power saving options in the BIOS according to the guide I used. When installing SL, I used a set of scripts in the terminal. One of these auto-generated my DSDT file. So what I'm wondering is...

1. Will I need to do any further patching to my DSDT file? I'm guessing the answer is no, but it doesn't hurt to be sure.

2. Obviously Chameleon 5 and the boot flags are a must. With this, I can re-enable all power saving in the BIOS again, correct? Or is it only the specified settings, such as C-States?

3. And, of course, with a proper SleepEnabler, I should be able to FINALLY sleep this darned thing and wake it, right?

4. Is there anything further that must be done aside from running the patcher, installing the latest version of Chameleon, and adding the boot flags?

Sorry for being picky, but this thing has been humming along fine and I've been hesitant to do anything more than system updates for fear of breaking it and having to wipe it and start over. If it's not broke, don't fix it and all that.

O meu depois que ativei todos os fix do chameleon o wake pelo teclado e mouse não funcionam, apenas do powerbutton e o bom disso, as usbs não morrem :P

epr.jpg

Hi MaLd0n

thanks a lot for your nice work!!

stevmach

Hi, stevmach

you can still apply some more patches

I applied the necessary for the proper functioning

:(

1. Will I need to do any further patching to my DSDT file? I'm guessing the answer is no, but it doesn't hurt to be sure.

You'll only need the DSDT and miserable kexts :P

2. Obviously Chameleon 5 and the boot flags are a must. With this, I can re-enable all power saving in the BIOS again, correct? Or is it only the specified settings, such as C-States?

load optimal defaut and try

LPC loaded + Chameleon RC5(Generate P and C States)

3. And, of course, with a proper SleepEnabler, I should be able to FINALLY sleep this darned thing and wake it, right?

You do not need kext to Sleep

Native Power Management

in some cases need a UsbFix

4. Is there anything further that must be done aside from running the patcher, installing the latest version of Chameleon, and adding the boot flags?

Yep

check the kexts you're using

remove the kexts that will be replaced by DSDT

@MaLd0n,

One suggestion. I have tried other methods to boot into Snow Leopard without DSDT override and its nearly impossible on all my rigs.

I am sure it would be difficult for others as well or they might not even understand and try to use the patcher on a system with DSDT that is patched with DSDT override.

Can you make it so that one can manually patch? Have an option or tick something that will allow manual loading of one owns DSDT from the drop down and to choose the correct patch from the drop down window.

I Know the patch file is in the resource directory but again a newbie may find this to be too many steps to patch their own DSDT.

Another way of doing it is to have your patcher work in a Linux Live CD boot, such as Ubuntu 32 bit, especially if it too difficult to make the changes for the Mac version.

One can copy the patcher over to the Live OS Desktop and run it that way and allow them to save it back to their desktop and then to a flash drive.

Just a few things to consider because I am unable to use the methods you mentioned above such and NullCPUPowerManagement to boot Snow without a minimally patched DSDT.

@oSxFr33k

You can already use the multi-plataform version in Windows or Linux, it just depends on JRE.. Or you can just extract the original dsdt using other OS, then open the Auto-Patcher in Mac, uncheck "Extract from system", it will prompt for an AML or DSL file, select it, the mobo, "Apply". =)