DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

I have no idea

remove PXHCD and test

Hi Mald0n, I did remove this, and tried a few kext permutations (realtek lan kext, lnx2mac kext, no kext) but no dice.

I did however stumble on this post I believe you replied in http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260645#

Yep, this sounds like my main issue! So close!

Looking forward to it being resolved!

nice to know I'm not alone.

Hi,

I used your dsdt for GA-945P-S3 rev.1.0 Bios F7d with 10.6.3 and everything works ok. After i update my system to 10.6.8 my desktop looks like whiteboard with black squares :P The same effect on 10.7 GM. cb655812cce398fem.jpg so i removed dsdt and my my desktop was ok, but i don't have all those dsdt patches :(

So I attach my oryginal dsdt bin from everest (windows). Please look at this.

acpi_dsdt.rar

Oryginal dsdt from 10.7: send_me.zip

send_me.zip

hello @ MaLd0n,

maybe you can help me out :(

i've got this new ' Sony VAIO VPCW21Z1E/W ' Netbook and the performance of this Win7 starter edition is awful slow and the Bios ' Insyde H2O ' is very limited, can't change nothing at all, e.g. SATA to AHCI, but i would love to install Snow :)

SATA is set to ' IDE ' Mode, i hope it's possible to install anyway.

here are some specs.

Intel ATOM N450/N10/ICH7 1.67 GHz

1GB RAM

250GB

GMA 3150

ETH Atheros AR 8132

WiFi Atheros AR 9285

i attached the Original DSDT (and some other files, too) extracted with some BIOS Tools and i hope you can make a DSDT that's maybe a good start for me to try to install Snow or even Lion :wacko:

thanks for your time and work :P

CooSee ' Ya

VPCW21Z1E_W.rar

I just created a new DSDT.aml using a NullCPUPowerManagement.kext that I found works with my system (When not using a DSDT.aml).

I checked the temps shown by K-Stat-i with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext loaded and they were about 6 to 8 degrees lower than with a DSDT.aml loaded.

Is this because when using a NullCPUPowerManagement.kext the temps are not reported correctly or is there a definite increase in temps with the DSDT.aml loaded?

I hope that all makes sense, I have attached both the DSDT.aml I just created and the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext I used to build it...

New CPU fitted MaLd0n, is it possible the DSDT is making this new one run slightly hotter? The old E8400 idled at 37 deg C, the new Q9650 is between 42 to 48 deg C (Same clock speed on both).

cooler box?

Hi,

I used your dsdt for GA-945P-S3 rev.1.0 Bios F7d with 10.6.3 and everything works ok. After i update my system to 10.6.8 my desktop looks like whiteboard with black squares :) The same effect on 10.7 GM. cb655812cce398fem.jpg so i removed dsdt and my my desktop was ok, but i don't have all those dsdt patches :D

dsdt.Tommy76.zip

GPU?

QUOTE (Tommy76 @ Jul 10 2011, 10:03 AM)

Hi,

I used your dsdt for GA-945P-S3 rev.1.0 Bios F7d with 10.6.3 and everything works ok. After i update my system to 10.6.8 my desktop looks like whiteboard with black squares The same effect on 10.7 GM. so i removed dsdt and my my desktop was ok, but i don't have all those dsdt patches

dsdt.Tommy76.zip ( 4.83K ) Number of downloads: 2

GPU?

I check your dsdt. It is ok. Thanks :(

The problem is with my GPU (EVGA 9800 GTX+) when i try to enable graphic with Chameleon and PciRoot=1 On 10.6.3-10.6.7 everything was ok but on 10.6.8 and 10.7 GM i have this stange effect :/ I tried also to enable my GTX with efi string but no luck with it :/ Any idea how to fix problem with GPU?

Thanks for checking my DSDT.aml MaLd0n, would you have any thoughts on my post here and the difference in temp I experienced?

performance of the processor

is lower than using NULL

also the temp is lower

it happens to me

but

40/45

relax

Just so I understand, when using a DSDT the CPU performance is better than when using a NullCPUPowerManagement.kext which is why an increase in temps is noted?

yes

it happens to me

+ 5 degrees

NativePM --> Chameleon RC5

use Chameleon's topic

all you need is ok(DSDT)

LPC, HPET...

Cheers, I never checked the temps with the old CPU and a NullCPUPowerManagement.kext so didn't have a comparison.

It also seems apparent from a quick Google that a Quad Core of the same CPU speed as a Dual Core is always going to be hotter (I guess it has twice as many cores after all!?!)...

Hi maldon! sorry to bother again, hopefully its almost done.

Thanks for your last dsdt.

However Im still having:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

This is the kernel log: http://pastebin.com/nKXTXNUX

AppleLPC loads as default. 8086:2670 its my ISA controller and its already in the AppleLPC info.plist.

Screen%20shot%202011-07-10%20at%202.43.00%20PM.png

kextstat: http://pastebin.com/p6nCPm62

I edited yours sbus section and put the 8086:269b on it (which is the one in the lspci list)

dsdt: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/363153/_osx/dell/domingo/dsdt.aml

ioreg: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/363153/_osx/dell/d...go/macpro.ioreg

Thanks again for your time mate.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

The problem is CST

do you add GenerateCStates=Yes?

I edited yours sbus section and put the 8086:269b on it (which is the one in the lspci list)

SMBUS ok?

kextstat|grep SMBus

Hey MaLd0n, can you help me improve my setup with dsdt ?

i don't use dsdt now at all, Chimera boot loader and i get a panic when using any kind of voice chat (Skype, yahoo messenger, ichat)

here is my file.

What improvements can i make ?

send_me.zip

Thanks in advance !

thanks MaLd0n for the DSDT for the VPCW21Z1E/W :D

i managed to install Lion on this NetBook, but the performance is really slow and it's sad that there's no kext for GMA 3150 until now, so no QE/CL :) .

Keyboard and Mouse is working (poor performance)

ETH is working

Camera is working

WLAN don't test it yet

Bluetooth not working

about this mac is crashing and switching back to login window, this is weird :P

anyway, thank you so much for your time and work, i will try Snow in the next few days.

attached send_me file if you're curious :(

CooSee ' Ya

send_me_VPCW21Z1E_W.zip