DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

Thanks, MaLd0n. I quickly gave the DSDT file a shot before heading off to work.

I was using VoodooHDA.kext to get sound, but had to remove that to prevent a kernel panic. I also tried to sleep, and it still would not completely go to sleep. The screen would go black, but the lights would still be on and I could hear the fan spinning.

Like I said, I just briefly tried it. I didn't have a whole lot of time to troubleshoot. I'll be trying a few more things when I get home.

Thanks again.

I was using VoodooHDA.kext to get sound, but had to remove that to prevent a kernel panic. I also tried to sleep, and it still would not completely go to sleep. The screen would go black, but the lights would still be on and I could hear the fan spinning.

Like I said, I just briefly tried it. I didn't have a whole lot of time to troubleshoot. I'll be trying a few more things when I get home.

Use AppleHdaDisabler in S/L/E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=87700

REMOVE OpenHaltRestart.kext, use Chameleon RC5?

disabler.kext?

PCI0

Maldon , Maldon...is this?

Scope (^^PCI0)

{

Name (SLIC, Buffer (0x9E)

{

"987134512781Genuine NVIDIA Certified SLI Ready Motherboard for GIGABYTE GA EX58 EXT1426-Copyright 2008 NVIDIA Corporation All Rights Reserved-765289891023®"

})

Maldon , Maldon...is this?

Scope (^^PCI0)

{

Name (SLIC, Buffer (0x9E)

{

"987134512781Genuine NVIDIA Certified SLI Ready Motherboard for GIGABYTE GA EX58 EXT1426-Copyright 2008 NVIDIA Corporation All Rights Reserved-765289891023®"

})

Device (PCI0)

look at the ioreg

Use AppleHdaDisabler in S/L/E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=87700

REMOVE OpenHaltRestart.kext, use Chameleon RC5?

disabler.kext?

VoodooHDA.kext worked until I applied the DSDT you gave me. I am already using Chameleon RC5. I'll try AppleHDADisabler when I get home.

Thanks for all of your assistance.

I have no idea

test it

dsdt.Powaking.zip

DSDT didn't appear to make much difference. It might be my HP Bluetooth dongle not being fully compatible. I did pick up an Apple bluetooth dongle which I will get working so see how that makes out. But it does appear to be stable. Haven't tried putting it to sleep or binary patching AppleHDA. I'll see about getting my keyboard working first.

@Mald0n,

I managed, thanks to you, to get Snow Leopard installed on my desktop machine at work, which has Asus P5K SE, QX6850 CPU, 8600GTS, ALC883 and AtherosL1E. Everything seems to work well including sleep and auto sleep with the usb ejection warnings on wake being the exception. I'll come to this later.

But somehow, I can't use GeneratePStates as otherwise it restarts automatically. No kernel panic or anything else. While attempting the generate P states, it restarts. I can use GenerateCStates and/or DropSSDT and it works fine. Do I need to do any thing special for P States, or is it something to do with the bootloader that I use, which is AnVaL 5.1.4? BTW, CPU is detected properly.

Also, I am using MacPro3,1 and no matter what I did, Geekbench still reports OSX as Hackintosh. I am using MacBookPro5,5 on my laptop and Chameleon detects the mac model on boot. But in this case, it doesn't work.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/29/08</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMboardversion</key>
<string>Proto1</string>
<key>SMexternalclock</key>// I tried without this as well
<string>333</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>// I tried without this as well
<string>3000</string>
<key>SMmemmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple Computer Inc.</string>
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string>800</string>
<key>SMmemtype</key>
<string>19</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G88014V4XYK</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Is MacPro3,1 the correct identifier for this CPU? By default, SystemType was set to 0.

Then I added SystemType=1 to boot.plist to override this. In a normal Mac Pro, this value is 3. Which one it should be?

BTW, I crossed flashed Asus P5K SE with Asus P5KR to use AHCI but it didn't work properly and didn't let me to boot into OSX/Windows 7. It might be my fault as I am not good at with cables. In case someone is wondering so it is not working properly. I reverted to the original one and find a way to use IDE instead. I'll add the files than I am using to my signature.

Thanks,

But somehow, I can't use GeneratePStates as otherwise it restarts automatically. No kernel panic or anything else. While attempting the generate P states, it restarts. I can use GenerateCStates and/or DropSSDT and it works fine. Do I need to do any thing special for P States, or is it something to do with the bootloader that I use, which is AnVaL 5.1.4? BTW, CPU is detected properly.

certainly works natively

ioreg -lw0 | grep PerformanceStateArray

Also, I am using MacPro3,1 and no matter what I did, Geekbench still reports OSX as Hackintosh. I am using MacBookPro5,5 on my laptop and Chameleon detects the mac model on boot. But in this case, it doesn't work.

Is MacPro3,1 the correct identifier for this CPU? By default, SystemType was set to 0.

Then I added SystemType=1 to boot.plist to override this. In a normal Mac Pro, this value is 3. Which one it should be?

same problem here

even with correct data dmi

showed up as a hackintosh

problem solved with this SMBIOS

smbios.MacPro2_1.zip

I do not use SystemType=

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I already have those in my boot.plist file.

AppleHDADisabler.kext took care of the kernel panic with VoodooHDA. Thanks for that.

Also, sleep sort of works. It seems like the drive spins down, and the audio cuts out, and the screen goes black, but lights stay on and fans stay spinning. The keyboard does not respond when it is "sleeping", but I am able to bring the computer back by pressing the power button.

Thanks a lot, works fine, except for sleep. The fans and hard drives stay active. Do you think there is any chance, to fix this as well?

no native power management?

use sleepenabler

I already have those in my boot.plist file.

AppleHDADisabler.kext took care of the kernel panic with VoodooHDA. Thanks for that.

Also, sleep sort of works. It seems like the drive spins down, and the audio cuts out, and the screen goes black, but lights stay on and fans stay spinning. The keyboard does not respond when it is "sleeping", but I am able to bring the computer back by pressing the power button.

:(

I have no idea

sorry

A number of times in my kernel.log, I am seeing "System sleep prevented by J380"...perhaps this can shed some light?

I'm going to be searching for a solution. If I find one, I'll post it. In the meantime, if anyone already knows a way to fix this, please feel free to share. :(

Edit: J380 is the following:

IEEE 1394 Open HCI - JMicron FireWire

I have edited (read: attempted to edit) my DSDT file to apply the FireWire fix to the J380 device. This gets the machine to sleep, but upon trying to wake, it starts to work, but then the screen goes white, and completely reboots.

Attached is my most recent DSDT file.

dsdtcompro3.aml.zip

I have edited (read: attempted to edit) my DSDT file to apply the FireWire fix to the J380 device. This gets the machine to sleep, but upon trying to wake, it starts to work, but then the screen goes white, and completely reboots.

WoW

try it

dsdt.04.zip

WoW

try it

dsdt.04.zip

Thanks, MaLd0n, I just gave that a shot. Unfortunately, the results are the same.

I've tried HibernateMode 0, 1, and 3.

1 and 3 produce the symptom described.

0 quickly sleeps the machine, as it is not creating a hibernate file, but upon wake, it just reboots the machine.

I am also getting "FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)" with any version of the DSDT.aml file, which is what led me to trying what I tried to begin with.

Thanks for your help in my other thread! Just wanted to say that after testing some stuff out in the DSDT the following code seems to make sleep work fully for me (as long as I use USB2/ECHI devices ONLY! UCHI devices still causes failed sleep and CMOS-reset/corrupt):

P5QL Pro

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x04)
					{
						"AAPL,clock-id", 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x01
						}, 

"device_type", 
						Buffer (0x05)
						{
							"EHCI"
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}

(ofcourse the clock-id for ECH2 is 0x02)

Don't need the device-ids and such as they are already identified as bult-in and have correct IDs!

Just wanted to tell you if you want to include it in a future update!