ATi HD5000 BootLoader !

Mohamed Khairy

302 posts in this topic

I could seriously frenchkiss you guys. Finally got it working FLAWLESS 64bits sapphire HD5750 1gb 100268be Vervet. Shutdown even works now!

Props to the guys in the trenches! i Love them!

nice to hear that your card works in 64bit....Can you please tell me the whole procedure?

I am getting the same dotted screen as in above post.

I have ASUS EAH5750 1GB...

Thanks in advance.....

Trying to get HDMI working on a XFX 5670 1GB. Stuck at step 8 - Restart. Boots fine with the latest Chameleon and 10.6.4. Steps 3 through 7 using Baboon results in no HDMI signal on the restart. If I apply the graphics update without the restart, I get the ATIRadeonX3000 KP on the next restart. Any suggestions?

try use anther hd5000 kexts (7 kexts)

I tried the kexts from the graphics update and the ones from netkas.org. Still no change.

nice to hear that your card works in 64bit....Can you please tell me the whole procedure?

I am getting the same dotted screen as in above post.

I have ASUS EAH5750 1GB...

Thanks in advance.....

Same situation here.

EDIT: I've managed to get it working by injecting device-id 0x68be1002 into ATI5000 kext, info.plist.

Thank you Mohamed for all the support and the wonderful bootloader!

First

supported cards

{ 0x100268F9,  "ATI Radeon HD 5400"} ,  
  { 0x100268D9,  "ATI Radeon HD 5500"} ,
  { 0x100268DA,  "ATI Radeon HD 5500"} ,
  { 0x100268D8,  "ATI Radeon HD 5670"} ,
  { 0x100268BE,  "ATI Radeon HD 5750"} ,
  { 0x100268B8,  "ATI Radeon HD 5770"} ,
  { 0x10026899,  "ATI Radeon HD 5850"} ,
  { 0x1002689E,  "ATI Radeon HD 5830"} ,
  { 0x10026898,  "ATI Radeon HD 5870"} ,
  { 0x1002689C,  "ATI Radeon HD 5970"}

see ID not name of card :)

known working card hd5700 hd5800 hd5900 hd5670

second

How to make them work

1- do new install 10.6 or 10.6.3

2- update to 10.6.4

3- install latest chameleon pkg from here

4-replace boot file on root by one of my boot files

5- add to boot.plist this two keys

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>UseAtiROM</key>
  <string>Yes</string>

6- extract your gfx bios by gpuz under windows

7-paste this bios on extra folder after naming it to 1002_xxxx.rom replace xxxx with your device id

8- restart

9-install GFX update 1.0

10- hope it works good for you :)

Third

how to test boot file

i made 30 boot file with all 30 ATi frambuffer

this because some cards dont work with know frambuffer that it make to work

ati 5770 works good on vervet

vapor x of 5770 work only with baboon :)

so if you know which frambuffer works with you just choose it

if you don't know just try 30 boot file :D

i need feedback for working frambuffer with you ATi hd5000

in future i will try to make frambuffer can be added on boot.plist or as kernel flag

so it will be only one boot file and you can specify your frambuffer on boot plist

if cant do it will make 30 boot file with final chameleon rc5 to all ati cards

it is based on chameleon rc5 rev516 trunk 513

now time for download

Boot.zip

and this source code of injector

ati.c.txt

please dont ask me what is the use of ati.c :)

if you dont know what is it just dont download it ;)

Tried this, during the GFX 1.0 update, I got the old you need to turn off your computer using the power button message. and now it doesn't boot :P, I have an XFX 5770 1GB, i used vervet too.

It's getting quite frustrating, had my wireless and everything else sorted, just GPU to do ;)

Using this method I hit a black screen. It attempts to use the rom file says Starting Darwin x86 then goes straight to the black screen.

Not sure whats up here.

try use this flag

PciRoot=1

Tried this, during the GFX 1.0 update, I got the old you need to turn off your computer using the power button message. and now it doesn't boot :D , I have an XFX 5770 1GB, i used vervet too.

It's getting quite frustrating, had my wireless and everything else sorted, just GPU to do :P

before appling update make sure that card is readed correct on system profiler as ati readon hd 5770

and on pci cards you find aty ,vervet

:)

Hi! Can anybody confirm working of Radeon HD5400? Because i'm gonna to buy a new one :)

I See:

But I must be 100% sure :)

i cant promise you make it works

the cheapest card tested working is HD5670

Finally my Asus EAH5750 (non formula) working perfectly in 64-bit

I have used Kabyl method.

At first it was not working but as PingunZ said, i have injected '0x68BE1002' into ATI5000 kext, info.plist

& then

Bingo......!

I am using DVI (Both A & B port working) with Vervet

Thanks all for the help....

Tonight I am going to try the same using Crossfire....

I tried the kexts from the graphics update and the ones from netkas.org. Still no change.

Same situation here.

EDIT: I've managed to get it working by injecting device-id 0x68be1002 into ATI5000 kext, info.plist.

Thank you Mohamed for all the support and the wonderful bootloader!

• 2 weeks later...
First

supported cards

{ 0x100268F9,  "ATI Radeon HD 5400"} ,  
 { 0x100268D9,  "ATI Radeon HD 5500"} ,
 { 0x100268DA,  "ATI Radeon HD 5500"} ,
 { 0x100268D8,  "ATI Radeon HD 5670"} ,
 { 0x100268BE,  "ATI Radeon HD 5750"} ,
 { 0x100268B8,  "ATI Radeon HD 5770"} ,
 { 0x10026899,  "ATI Radeon HD 5850"} ,
 { 0x1002689E,  "ATI Radeon HD 5830"} ,
 { 0x10026898,  "ATI Radeon HD 5870"} ,
 { 0x1002689C,  "ATI Radeon HD 5970"}

see ID not name of card :)

known working card hd5700 hd5800 hd5900 hd5670

second

How to make them work

1- do new install 10.6 or 10.6.3

2- update to 10.6.4

3- install latest chameleon pkg from here

4-replace boot file on root by one of my boot files

5- add to boot.plist this two keys

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>UseAtiROM</key>
 <string>Yes</string>

6- extract your gfx bios by gpuz under windows

7-paste this bios on extra folder after naming it to 1002_xxxx.rom replace xxxx with your device id

8- restart

9-install GFX update 1.0

10- hope it works good for you :)

Third

how to test boot file

i made 30 boot file with all 30 ATi frambuffer

this because some cards dont work with know frambuffer that it make to work

ati 5770 works good on vervet

vapor x of 5770 work only with baboon :(

so if you know which frambuffer works with you just choose it

if you don't know just try 30 boot file :D

i need feedback for working frambuffer with you ATi hd5000

in future i will try to make frambuffer can be added on boot.plist or as kernel flag

so it will be only one boot file and you can specify your frambuffer on boot plist

if cant do it will make 30 boot file with final chameleon rc5 to all ati cards

it is based on chameleon rc5 rev516 trunk 513

now time for download

Boot.zip

and this source code of injector

ati.c.txt

please dont ask me what is the use of ati.c :)

if you dont know what is it just dont download it :D

what about new revsion based on Chameleon 2 RC5 rev. 570?????

yours base on 516 only

hey M, i have an amd phenom II x4, 4gb of ddr3 1333 ram, a 500gb 7200 rpm hard drive, gigabyte borad, and no matter which if these i try i get a hang on the startup, it gos to the end of the code then a new line appears ( http://i56.tinypic.com/ng4ivr.jpg ) and then it just freezes, any help? please?

edit: now it only goes to a black screen and video card is blowing at full gust, does that mean its not compatible?

edit edit: now when i use the old boot cd it goes to code screen and i get a double panic, help?

your tip on the previous post is for HD 3200 or HD 5450?

So, did you ever get the 5450 working with QE/CI ? I've currently running GMA3150 which doesn't have QE/CI, and I'm looking to replace it with a card that has QE/CI and onboard audio chipset for audio over HDMI, but I've don't have very much wattage available from the PSU, so the 5450 looked like the perfect fit if it's working...

• 2 weeks later...

I followed your guide Mohamed and got everything working with relative ease for my Sapphire ATi 5770HD 1GB. Dual DVI and HDMI work. QE/CI work. Sleep/shutdown work. All in all I am extremely happy! I can not wait for an updated boot-loader with auto detect and whatnot, however for now I am satisfied. You get a tip of my hat, the nod of approval, and two thumbs way up! :P

Hi guys,

i have a MSI ATi Radeon HD5870 1GB Reference Design.

I had my card fully (qe/ci/cl) working with aty_init.kext in 32bit-Mode with Framebuffer Uakari.

Now i tried this bootloader option (installed from a stick, because i can't afford it to have pc which isn't starting...)

And now the problem: I booted with arch=x86_64 -v and got a panic - of course - with Atiradeonx3000.kext.

Lines are added, rom file named: 1002_6898.rom (which was my id also before) correctly, strings are added correctly...

Any hints?

Edit: I just browsed through the boot file, there was a line calle "using ati boot file...."

This didn't appear in my startup log...

I booted with arch=x86_64 -v and got a panic - of course - with Atiradeonx3000.kext.

Lines are added, rom file named: 1002_6898.rom (which was my id also before) correctly, strings are added correctly...

Any hints?

Did you check the plist in ATIRadeonX3000.kext to see if the card's ID is there? Make sure as well that you choose Uakari from on of the 30 boot files and replace your current boot file your Bootloader uses. And, if all else fails, try AtiFb=Uakari as bootflag. :)

Just a thought, but does one really need to add arch=x86_64 to the bootflag? To my knowledge SL boots up in 64bit automatically if your CPU supports it. I myself do not use that particular bootflag and I always default to 64bit.

Did you check the plist in ATIRadeonX3000.kext to see if the card's ID is there? Make sure as well that you choose Uakari from on of the 30 boot files and replace your current boot file your Bootloader uses. And, if all else fails, try AtiFb=Uakari as bootflag. :(

Just a thought, but does one really need to add arch=x86_64 to the bootflag? To my knowledge SL boots up in 64bit automatically if your CPU supports it. I myself do not use that particular bootflag and I always default to 64bit.

Hey, some new infos:

Of course, my card is listed there, how should it have worked with aty_init?

I DID replace the bootloader file...

and when i add the flag AtiFb=Uakari, it even won't show me the panic, because the monitor freezes before.

Mysterious, but when i load in 10H555, then the rom gets loaded and Fakesmc detects the chip, but it also fereezes shortly after the graphics, and i get the kernel panic when i press the powerbutton (Process: iopci....kext)

I could seriously frenchkiss you guys. Finally got it working FLAWLESS 64bits sapphire HD5750 1gb 100268be Vervet. Shutdown even works now!

Props to the guys in the trenches! i Love them!

I have been unable to get my Gigabyte 5750 to load properly, can you please share your ATY/ATI kexts. Did you use rom in /Extra? Thanks in advance!!

I'll see what I can do! With kabyls boot only the Zonalis framebuffer works for me (3/6 minidps working at full 2560x1440 resolution) - not sure if this applies to yours aswell. (but the GPU fan runs at 100% all the time. Very noisy.)

I'll see what I can do! With kabyls boot only the Zonalis framebuffer works for me (3/6 minidps working at full 2560x1440 resolution) - not sure if this applies to yours aswell. (but the GPU fan runs at 100% all the time. Very noisy.)

ok will do one with this frambuffer when done will post

Will I need to extract the ROM as explained in the first post? Also, will this have any impact on the fan speed compared to kabyls one? I'll try it out tonight or tomorrow, depending, and will post results! Will be interesting to see if all 6 ports work :P

awesome work!

Will I need to extract the ROM as explained in the first post? Also, will this have any impact on the fan speed compared to kabyls one? I'll try it out tonight or tomorrow, depending, and will post results! Will be interesting to see if all 6 ports work :P

awesome work!

yes extract rom if bootloader cant extract it

and hope it work good for you

waiting yours result