ATi HD5000 BootLoader !

Mohamed Khairy

302 posts in this topic

Not yet, I will get back to it. I'm just surprised at the error that was returned (see above)

Additionally when I type

-v

and

Wait=yes

I notice this line...

ATI card POSTED, reading VBIOS from legacy space

ATI CyPRESS ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB (Uakari) [1002:6898] :: PciRoot(0x0)Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

No SMBIOS replacement found

Not yet, I will get back to it. I'm just surprised at the error that was returned (see above)

Additionally when I type

-v

and

Wait=yes

I notice this line...

ATI card POSTED, reading VBIOS from legacy space

ATI CyPRESS ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB (Uakari) [1002:6898] :: PciRoot(0x0)Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

No SMBIOS replacement found

ok try other framebuffer

*Alopias.zip

*Alouatta.zip

*Baboon.zip

*Cardinal.zip

*Caretta.zip

*Colobus.zip

*Douc.zip

*Eulemur.zip

done so far as well as Vervet and Uakari and the error is the same on each...

"No HPETs availabl...CPU(s) configured incorrectly ... AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement"

Could that really be the framebuffer?

*Alopias.zip

*Alouatta.zip

*Baboon.zip

*Cardinal.zip

*Caretta.zip

*Colobus.zip

*Douc.zip

*Eulemur.zip

done so far as well as Vervet and Uakari and the error is the same on each...

"No HPETs availabl...CPU(s) configured incorrectly ... AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement"

Could that really be the framebuffer?

try with kabyl boot and on his topic you will find all frambuffer list

OK I tried all of the framebuffers and I could not get past the apple loading screen. In verbose mode it always returns the same error that I listed above. I am going to try to get to a 32 bit clean install that runs with no issues then I am going to switch to the bootfile/rom method.

I will report my success or failure. I think that the problem is that I have never done an install with JUST chameleon before so I don't know what I need to do to boot up other than just install chameleon.

OK I tried all of the framebuffers and I could not get past the apple loading screen. In verbose mode it always returns the same error that I listed above. I am going to try to get to a 32 bit clean install that runs with no issues then I am going to switch to the bootfile/rom method.

I will report my success or failure. I think that the problem is that I have never done an install with JUST chameleon before so I don't know what I need to do to boot up other than just install chameleon.

you write that

7a- install and run kext utility to repair permissions

8- restart -> Black Screen and Full Speed Fans

8a - Boot using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]-ATI and try to use each of the 30 framebuffers then repair permissions and restart, until one works?

9-install GFX update 1.0

how it will give you black screen and no kexts you installed :)

That's my confusion. I have never done a manual install, so I just installed a DSDT.aml file and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] did everything else (like install nullCPUmanagement.kext).

So it was a miscommunication. I was not installing any kexts. Just using the utility to repair permissions.

I will try again with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Then I'll install the latest chameleon over the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installation. Then I will start from step 4.

I think that it will work, but I will report what I find.

Progress!

After doing what I usually do with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] then installing the latest chameleon over top of it and following your guide I have booted using Uakari. So far only low resolution but I have not yet installed the GFX update. Doing that now!!!

Final Edit:

Success!!! The fan speed is very high however. I am going to try Vervet and see if it works any better. But for now...

1080p + QE/CI enabled!!!

Huge props to you sir!

I can't get my Sapphire HD5770 1GB (1002-68B8 / Juniper) running in 64Bit Mode, unfortunately I cannot even run OSX in 64Bit mode. 32 Bit it works with Vervet and Uakari (no others tested yet). But my System Profiler says my card is running in PCIE 8x Mode instead of 16x.

Every time I want to boot into 64Bit using the arch=x86_64 boot flag the boot hangs on:

JMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0xdf00, CTR 0xde00, IRQ17, BM 0xdbce)

In 32Bit mode I'm able to boot into OSX. Only the System Profiler doesn't recognize my PCIe 16x Slot.

System Profiler Info

Modellname: Mac Pro

Modell-Identifizierung: MacPro3,1

Prozessortyp: Intel Core i7

Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,67 GHz

Anzahl der Prozessoren: 1

Gesamtzahl der Kerne: 4

L2-Cache (pro Kern): 256 KB

L3-Cache: 8 MB

Speicher: 4 GB

Geschwindigkeit für Prozessorverbindungstyp: 4.8 GT/s

Boot-ROM-Version: [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].tonymacx86.com

SMC-Version (System): 1.30f3

Seriennummer (System): W87234JHYA4

Hardware-UUID: 3C12F603-BD01-5995-BF14-EF7071ED4C5F

--------------------------

ATI Radeon HD 5770:

Chipsatz-Modell: ATI Radeon HD 5770

Typ: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Steckplatz: Slot-1

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x8

VRAM (gesamt): 1024 MB

Hersteller: ATI (0x1002)

Geräte-ID: 0x68b8

Versions-ID: 0x0000

ROM-Version: 113-B7710C-176

EFI-Treiberversion: 01.00.318

Monitore:

BenQG2222HDL:

Auflösung: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Pixeltiefe: 32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Rotation: Unterstützt

Monitoranschluss:

Monitoranschluss:

Check if you haven't got your card in the wrong PCIe slot either. It should be in the slot closest to your CPU.

Disable the JMicron controller in your BIOS while you're at it because it's {censored} anyway.

That's my confusion. I have never done a manual install, so I just installed a DSDT.aml file and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] did everything else (like install nullCPUmanagement.kext).

So it was a miscommunication. I was not installing any kexts. Just using the utility to repair permissions.

I will try again with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Then I'll install the latest chameleon over the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installation. Then I will start from step 4.

I think that it will work, but I will report what I find.

Progress!

After doing what I usually do with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] then installing the latest chameleon over top of it and following your guide I have booted using Uakari. So far only low resolution but I have not yet installed the GFX update. Doing that now!!!

Final Edit:

Success!!! The fan speed is very high however. I am going to try Vervet and see if it works any better. But for now...

1080p + QE/CI enabled!!!

Huge props to you sir!

Earlier I had gotten KP after installing Graphics Update 1.0 (did this contain the ATIRadeonX3000.kext that caused the KP?), so I got rid of *just that kext*. I have since made all the other mods (including putting the proper graphics ROM (1002_68F9.rom) in /Extra (Visiontek HD5450 512 MB DDR3). I still don't have support for anything other than 1024x768 (display is Acer H233H.bmid which normally supports 1920x1080 in Windows 7); should I rerun Graphics Update 1.0's installer (to put the ATIRadeonX300.kext back)? I had not gotten a KP until after that update (however, I hadn't done the other things).

I can't get my Sapphire HD5770 1GB (1002-68B8 / Juniper) running in 64Bit Mode, unfortunately I cannot even run OSX in 64Bit mode. 32 Bit it works with Vervet and Uakari (no others tested yet). But my System Profiler says my card is running in PCIE 8x Mode instead of 16x.

Every time I want to boot into 64Bit using the arch=x86_64 boot flag the boot hangs on:

JMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0xdf00, CTR 0xde00, IRQ17, BM 0xdbce)

In 32Bit mode I'm able to boot into OSX. Only the System Profiler doesn't recognize my PCIe 16x Slot.

System Profiler Info

Modellname: Mac Pro

Modell-Identifizierung: MacPro3,1

Prozessortyp: Intel Core i7

Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,67 GHz

Anzahl der Prozessoren: 1

Gesamtzahl der Kerne: 4

L2-Cache (pro Kern): 256 KB

L3-Cache: 8 MB

Speicher: 4 GB

Geschwindigkeit für Prozessorverbindungstyp: 4.8 GT/s

Boot-ROM-Version: [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].tonymacx86.com

SMC-Version (System): 1.30f3

Seriennummer (System): W87234JHYA4

Hardware-UUID: 3C12F603-BD01-5995-BF14-EF7071ED4C5F

--------------------------

ATI Radeon HD 5770:

Chipsatz-Modell: ATI Radeon HD 5770

Typ: GPU

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x8

VRAM (gesamt): 1024 MB

Hersteller: ATI (0x1002)

ROM-Version: 113-B7710C-176

EFI-Treiberversion: 01.00.318

Monitore:

BenQG2222HDL:

Auflösung: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Pixeltiefe: 32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Rotation: Unterstützt

Monitoranschluss:

Monitoranschluss:

to run on on 64bit you must sure that all kexts support 64bit

anther thing sure you use vinalla kernel

and for card make sure that you put card on primary slot read your motherboard manual

Earlier I had gotten KP after installing Graphics Update 1.0 (did this contain the ATIRadeonX3000.kext that caused the KP?), so I got rid of *just that kext*. I have since made all the other mods (including putting the proper graphics ROM (1002_68F9.rom) in /Extra (Visiontek HD5450 512 MB DDR3). I still don't have support for anything other than 1024x768 (display is Acer H233H.bmid which normally supports 1920x1080 in Windows 7); should I rerun Graphics Update 1.0's installer (to put the ATIRadeonX300.kext back)? I had not gotten a KP until after that update (however, I hadn't done the other things).

add your card id to kexts atihd5000controller and atix3000

and pfix

and try all frambuffer

good luck

and for card make sure that you put card on primary slot read your motherboard manual

and pfix

and try all frambuffer

good luck

Hi,

I was using a retail Installation OSX 10.5.6 DVD (vanilla). My ATI 5770 is in the 1st slot (PCIE 16x) and my device ID is already in the atihd5000controller due to the graphics update 1.0.

I don't know why it doesn't work :(

Maybe it has nothing to do with it, but every time I shut down OSX (everthing is ok, computer turns off). At next boot my keyboard and mouse are not recocgnized, so I have to reset.

Hi,

I was using a retail Installation OSX 10.5.6 DVD (vanilla). My ATI 5770 is in the 1st slot (PCIE 16x) and my device ID is already in the atihd5000controller due to the graphics update 1.0.

I don't know why it doesn't work :(

Maybe it has nothing to do with it, but every time I shut down OSX (everthing is ok, computer turns off). At next boot my keyboard and mouse are not recocgnized, so I have to reset.

lol

osx 10.5.6 !!

it work only on snow

lol

osx 10.5.6 !!

it work only on snow

it's snow :( wrong version number. I'am using 10.6.4) LOL

I've used a retail Snow Leopard DVD + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], I've not added additional .kext's.

EDIT 1:

O.K. after removing all JMicron (exepting the JMicron36xATA.kext) kexts and especially the LegacyAppleRTC.kext nearly everything works fine in 64Bit Mode. just on thing, my PCIE 2.0 16x is still recognized as PCIe 8x.

This is a list of my installed kext's:

EvOreboot.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageinjector.kext

Legacy888HDA.kext

JMicron36xATA.kext (without I have no working DVD drive)

NullCPUPowermanagement.kext

EDIT 2:

I've just updated my DSDT (from Tonymacs Database) and my BIOS to Version F8. Result:

Screenshot

This my current com.apple.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseAtiROM</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiFb</key>
<string>Vervet</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

EDIT 3

O.K. So far I know that it was the DSDT.aml (Version F8) which caused the problem. If I use the old F4 in combination with the uakari boot file my DVI-1 is working again - without having a 2nd DVI connected (1st Screen = DVI-1).

So I'am back where I started yesterday.

My card is still recognized as PCIe 8x in System Profiler. Maybe it has something to do with the DSDT.aml from Tonymac?

System Profiler PCI Card Listing:

ATI Radeon HD 5770:

Name: ATY,Vervet

Typ: display

Treiber installiert: Ja

Bus: PCI

Hersteller-ID: 0x1002

Subsystem-Hersteller-ID: 0x174b

Subsystem-ID: 0xe147

Link-Breite: x8

Link-Geschwindigkeit: 2.5 GT/s

and pfix

and try all frambuffer

good luck

Card ID is 1002:68F9 (VisionTek HD5450 512 MB PCIe) and will try Motmot (shows up in info in 10.6.3 pre-update but with Chameleon 2 RC5 latest installer) in addition to Megalodon (10.6.4 pre-Graphics Update 1.0) as well as old faves Uakari and Vervet. Where should the strings be put for these two kexts (Info.plist)? If so, I'm comfy enough to do the edits (vi, oddly enough, is perfect for this).

Card ID is 1002:68F9 (VisionTek HD5450 512 MB PCIe) and will try Motmot (shows up in info in 10.6.3 pre-update but with Chameleon 2 RC5 latest installer) in addition to Megalodon (10.6.4 pre-Graphics Update 1.0) as well as old faves Uakari and Vervet. Where should the strings be put for these two kexts (Info.plist)? If so, I'm comfy enough to do the edits (vi, oddly enough, is perfect for this).

info.plist in the corresponding controller kext. Just add your hardware ID behind the existing ones.

For Instance:

System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents

<key>Controller</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.kext.ATI5000Controller</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>ATI5000Controller</string>
		<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
		<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
		<key>IOName</key>
		<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
		<string>0x68981002 0x68991002 0x68E01002 0x68E11002 0x68D81002 0x68C01002 0x68C11002 0x68D91002 0x68B81002 0x68B01002 0x68B11002 0x68A01002 0x68A11002 YOURIDHERE </string>

I would use Textedit to edit the Files :thumbsup_anim:

info.plist in the corresponding controller kext. Just add your hardware ID behind the existing ones.

For Instance:

System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents

<key>Controller</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.kext.ATI5000Controller</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
		<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
		<key>IOName</key>
		<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
		<string>0x68981002 0x68991002 0x68E01002 0x68E11002 0x68D81002 0x68C01002 0x68C11002 0x68D91002 0x68B81002 0x68B01002 0x68B11002 0x68A01002 0x68A11002 YOURIDHERE </string>

I would use Textedit to edit the Files :)

I got the edit done; however, whenever I have tried to apply the SL Graphics Update 1.0, it KPs *during* the install, and every attempted boot thereafter (ATIRadeonx3000.kext is still the culprit). Worse, even after booting into single-user to do the edits, it *still* KPs (arch=x86_64 is a standard flag in my Chameleon setup, I also stuck in a wait so I could see if my attempted FB load works). Also, in addition to the without-fail kernel-panics, *none* of the framebuffers (and I tried all thirty) would work (I always got an *Unsupported Card!* message, and that is before the KP).

The only nonstandard kext i have installed is the Realtek 8168 one (standard with iAtkos S3 V2). Other than that, Chameleon is bog-standard (I have stayed with a vanilla kernel, as I have a Conroe-derived Celeron DC E1200; GraphicsEnabler is set to Yes, ATI Rom is also set to Yes (1002_68f9.rom, extracted via Windows, is in /Extra), with the Verbose, Wait, GUI, theme, and arch flags (none of which should matter) all set. Verbose and Wait are there for troubleshooting purposes.

Is the KP *during* the attempted install of the Graphics Update the problem (and if so, how to avoid)?

In the meanwhile, I'm forced to sideline myself from further investigation of this method (unless someone else figures it out, or I upgrade to non-Mobility HD5xxx-based hardware; I *have* noticed that all the successes are based on non-MR HD5xxx hardware, which does not include HD54xx or less).

After trying all sorts of things, this is all I can get:

Graphics:

Chipset Model: Unknown

Type: GPU

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x68da

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1400 x 1050

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

Display Connector:

PCI:

Name: ATY,Megalodon

Type: display

Driver Installed: Yes

Bus: PCI

Slot: Slot-1

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x68da

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1787

Subsystem ID: 0x2297

Revision ID: 0x0000

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

Any tips?

I see during boot that ATI5000...kext fail to load.

Helloooo....well!!!first of ALL thx for all the help OF ALL U ASKING QUESTIONS AND U THAT ANSWER THEM!!! :(

i have asus 5770 with device_id 68B8.i have done everything i saw on first page with the rom the boot and all the others.lets see where the problems start!!

after using this with verbose mode i see that after line

---DSMOS arrived---

it auto-restarts.i've changed framebuffer mode-boot,but still no luck!!!

and now the weird one.when i remove from single mode boot the kexts

ATI5000Controller.kext

ATISupport.kext

ATIFrameBuffer.kext

ATIRadeonx3000.kext

ATIRadeonx3000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonx3000BLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonx3000VADriver.bundle

(i do not have installed ATY_init.kext )

it opens like a beauty!!! :)

the problem now is that system profiler says that i have an ATI Radeon HD 4890 gpu with the same device_id.

it auto res on 1400x1050.

that's all!!!any help would be appreciated a lot!!!