ATi HD5000 BootLoader !

Mohamed Khairy

302 posts in this topic

Hey flipflp,

Thank you so much, kind sir, for such a wonderful gesture! I'm so excited to get home and try this out now! One last question that I have, do I need to remove Ati_Init file or can that stay? And after adding all of these files, I should use Kext Utility to repair permissions before rebooting, correct?

Not a problem, happy to help a fellow LA resident.

Good call, forgot to tell you to remove ATY_int as that injector is no longer needed. Also, I usually run kexthelper or the like to rebuild kext caches after just about everything I do. Doesn't hurt anything and a lot of the time makes the difference. Good luck to you, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

umm software update in OSX go to the apple icon and click software update. select just the graphics update if it is in the list if not then its already installed.

Hi, sirbow2, my dear friend:

Is your ATI 5850 working with this method in 64 bit Snow Leopard now ?

I am still fighting for it with my Asus EAH 5850.

The only working method is using ATY_init.kext in 32 bit Snow Leopard.

yes i used kabyls method, instructions in my post

install GFX 1.0 from software update if you haven't already.

down laod THIS file and put the boot file from the archive to the root of your chameleon drive.

remove any previous GFX injectors, EX. aty_init

then reboot

on boot type exactly: AtiFb=

after the = try any of the following framebuffers till one works, i'd try Uakari or Vervet first

Alopias

Alouatta

Baboon

Cardinal

Caretta

Colobus

Douc

Eulemur

Flicker

Galago

Gliff

Hoolock

Hypoprion

Iago

Kakapo

Kipunji

Lamna

Langur

Megalodon

Motmot

Peregrine

Quail

Raven

Shrike

Sphyrna

Triakis

Uakari

Vervet

Zonalis

So EX. AtiFb=Uakari or AtiFb=Vervet

THE AtiFb= COMMAND IS CASE SENSITIVE

unless you really mess something up it should work

except you HAVE to use Uakari pretty much

Hey everyone,

After trying this out, and going through all 30 words upon reboot, along with following flipflp's instructions, I wasn't ever able to get my computer to boot on with graphics enabled. I'm fairly disappointed that it didn't happen.

I have the Diamond 5770 HD DDR5 1GB.

Hey everyone,

After trying this out, and going through all 30 words upon reboot, along with following flipflp's instructions, I wasn't ever able to get my computer to boot on with graphics enabled. I'm fairly disappointed that it didn't happen.

I have the Diamond 5770 HD DDR5 1GB.

please do new clean install

then follow guide above first with vervet framebuffer

please do new clean install

then follow guide above first with vervet framebuffer

Mohammed, thank you for your help. I ended up doing a fresh install, and still ran into the same problem. The only thing I could think of was flipflp's rom being different because of the GPU BIOS not also being a Diamond. So I went to http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/ and found my corresponding card. Created the rom from that, and rebooted with Vervet. Voila. Automagic! I don't have HDMI audio - but what a trade off to have the 64 bit GPU goodness :wacko: Thanks so much!!

Mohammed, thank you for your help. I ended up doing a fresh install, and still ran into the same problem. The only thing I could think of was flipflp's rom being different because of the GPU BIOS not also being a Diamond. So I went to http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/ and found my corresponding card. Created the rom from that, and rebooted with Vervet. Voila. Automagic! I don't have HDMI audio - but what a trade off to have the 64 bit GPU goodness :( Thanks so much!!

why you used rom not for your card i posted gpuz program in topic to extract bin by it then rename it :)

for hdmi audio idont have lcdtv so i dont interest on hdmi

but you can make trick to get it works

if you use applehda for MB audio search on how to enable hdmi by it

or

you can make voodoohda works only for hdmi of card (not tested)

if you want voodoohda for hdmi i will it for you to test it :wacko:

MrGreen, unfortunately, you need to edit and bin-patch kexts with the device id.

OK edit and adding device ID is easy, but playing around with binary patching from terminal ...I am not that good :blink:

I will be very thankful if someone is able to do it for me....

yes i used kabyls method, instructions in my post

except you HAVE to use Uakari pretty much

Following your instruction in post and I have changed my com.apple.Boot.plist like:

GraphicsEnabler =yes

arch=x86_64

But I still get the kernel panic of X3000.kext

What I should do for the next ?

OK edit and adding device ID is easy, but playing around with binary patching from terminal ...I am not that good :thumbsup_anim:

I will be very thankful if someone is able to do it for me....

Ok. I installed Hexedit and load Ati5000cont. plist file into it. Isn't this way the same as changing- adding device ID with Textedit . Sorry, I know that this is a noob questions...

Kabyl, You said that kexts should be binary patched. With what values or device ID only....

Tried with my 5750, I get a screen like this: img0113nz.th.jpg

Same result with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd (by tonymac).

Kabyl's bootloader and manually installing ATY_init don't work either. I am getting desperate..

Tried with dual monitor DVI.

Club3D Radeon HD 5750 Noiseless

Device id: 1002-68BE

Subvendor: ATI AIB 1787

BIOS Version: 012.014.000.004.034847

Tried with my 5750, I get a screen like this: img0113nz.th.jpg

Same result with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd (by tonymac).

Kabyl's bootloader and manually installing ATY_init don't work either. I am getting desperate..

Tried with dual monitor DVI.

Club3D Radeon HD 5750 Noiseless

Device id: 1002-68BE

Subvendor: ATI AIB 1787

BIOS Version: 012.014.000.004.034847

use kabyl bootloader

and try 30 framebuffer

AtiFb=xxxxxxx

@Mohamed Khairy

By framebuffer 30 you mean try them all? I tried kabyl's bootloader and I get a kernel panic, with all framebuffers. With your bootloader I used Vervet fb like netkas recommends.

Is there something else I can try?

try update motherboard bios also gfx card bios if there are new update