AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

I´m stuck at the boot process of the installer :/

I´m using the 1.6 BootCD and an 8GB USB Stick with an restored Image of Snow Leopard (10.6.3). I restored it using an VMWare image of Leopard because I don´t own a Macintosh.

I made photo of the boot process. I hope someone can help me there :)

Edit:

Quick System Specs:

Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 (latest BIOS)

Phenom II 965BE @ Standard 3.4 GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

MSI HD5870 Rev.2

Hello Dr. Brot

I experienced this problem many times and the way I solved it wasby using a different bootcd. I would try some of mohameds earlier ones. maybe 10.5. I am not sure about the framebuffer of your video card but if you do need kabyls boot file then just bott in safe mode with another bootcd and then replace the boot file with kabyls when snow leapord is installed!

Hello Dr. Brot

I experienced this problem many times and the way I solved it wasby using a different bootcd. I would try some of mohameds earlier ones. maybe 10.5. I am not sure about the framebuffer of your video card but if you do need kabyls boot file then just bott in safe mode with another bootcd and then replace the boot file with kabyls when snow leapord is installed!

Thanks for the reply. I will try it with an earlier BootCD and post the result.

EDIT:

Ok, BootCD 1.5 was a total failure. After choosing the USB Stick my Graphiccard Fan started to blow with 100% and the screen got black.

A question, I did a described in the first post. In the other post he says to install Chameleon directly to the Flash Drive, is that necessary or is that post outdated?

Thanks for the link :)

I have actually mixed several methods, which I can't remember :P but it includes Spanky's and I ended up able to only run through DVI.

Just a couple of hours ago I started a new installation. Since I am trying to run 10.6.5, I took a slightly different step than the one you wrote on the 1st page (edit: forgot to mention; I was referring to your other thread :) ) The steps I took was:

- installed 10.6.3

- update to 10.6.5

- ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.0.3 > installed Chameleon r679 + 32-bit Apple Boot Screen

- placed 1002_689C.rom in Extra folder, edit apple.plist

- installed modded ATI5000Controller.kext & ATIRadeonX3000.kext

- replaced boot with Kabyl's latest

- reboot

and now I am staring at a blank ACD and, beside me, an old monitor that connects to DVI @ 1280x1024. not so much different than before :) (another edit: just realized I've got audio off my ACD :D )

I tried inputting the AtiFb flag and tried several framebufferes (about 5) but it seems it doesn't affect anyting. Still boots in with no apparent changes (yet another edit: apparently, the new kabyl boot requires "AtiConfig" flag. Tried that and still no apparent difference; still boots in DVI)

I have even went ahead and tried the Eyeinfinity files you uploaded... surprisingly I am still able to boot with no difference whatsoever :D

Is there still hope of running through the mini display port on a 5970?

NB: pre-installation and everything before running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] works through miniDP

Sorry for the lengthy message, Mohamed ^^;

But I am only days away from giving up and prepare to sell my 5970 and get a 5770 instead ^^;

Thanks again and Happy New Year :D

see you need to disable second gpu to enable that the first works any way it will be good to get 5770 if you dont need a huge powerfull card :D

Mohamed could you please make me a bootcd that I can use to boot my computer which has an ati hd 4850 vid. card... your bootcd1.6 hangs at disk6: ioctl(_IOR,'d' ,79,4) is unsupported!!! Please make me a succcessful bootcd! I have no experience with making bootcds so i have no hope of making one myself!

take photo for problem

What about the ATY_init file and the other kext? do i delete them ?

JUST REALIZED!

i am booting into 32 bit mode.

i have arch=i386

i changed arch=x86_64, and i got kernel panic.how do i get 64 bit?

arch=x86-64 doesnt work yet

if you want 64bit use this

arch=i386 -force64

and apply command on guide

Thanks for your speedy response! ... and sorry I took long to answer...

I've tried bootcd1.5 and 1.6 and both give me "still waiting for root device"

the board is set as follows:

OnChip IDE Channel [Enabled]

OnChip SATA Controller [Enabled]

OnChip SATA Type [AHCI]

OnChipSATA Port4/5 Type [iDE] - system won't boot of cd drive when set as [As SATA Type]

Onboard Audio Function [Enabled]

OnChip USB Controller [Enabled]

USB Keyboard Support [Enabled]

USB Mouse Support [Enabled]

LEgacy USB storage detect [Enabled]

Onboard 1392 Function [Enabled]

Onboard LAN Funciton [Enabled]

the AtiNforce bootcd is the only one that's been able to get me to the installation screen but it freezes 5 mins into the installation as I posted previously.

I'm going to try to restore SL to a USB...

Until then any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

put dvd on first sata port or try restore retail dvd on usb flash device

I´m stuck at the boot process of the installer :/

I´m using the 1.6 BootCD and an 8GB USB Stick with an restored Image of Snow Leopard (10.6.3). I restored it using an VMWare image of Leopard because I don´t own a Macintosh.

I made photo of the boot process. I hope someone can help me there :)

Edit:

Quick System Specs:

Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 (latest BIOS)

Phenom II 965BE @ Standard 3.4 GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

MSI HD5870 Rev.2

it appears that may be problem on HDD try disconnect all HDD

also put usb stick on usb 2 open

Hi,

I too have gone through all 30 AtiConfig framebuffer entries. I either get a hang just before the graphics should appear or I get a screen that is black with 4 columns of white vertical bars and misc snow.

I have a HD4870 512MB VisionTek running in a Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe, 2 GB ram, AMD 9850 Phenom.

I run Leopard 10.5.8 and 10.5.6 on two different HD's with no problems.

Looking to move to SL on it's own drive but can't get past this video??? problem.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh yes, 4870 Bios 011.003.000.001 I also ensured there is no overclocking set.

Cheers

which boot cd you used

and try boot with

Wait=yes -v

and take picture for this

Hey, I tryed now a few hours to boot to Setup but never I can got to it.

How I but -v? I opened console and entered -v but I think it was wrong.

I stuck at "Disk7" is not Supported

-> before this he want to create RAM disk? They are allways disk2,3,4,5,6,7.... not supported.

-> disk0s1 disk1s6 are not supported ( NTFS driver 3.0 [Flags: R/W)

disk7: loctl(_IOR,'d',79,4) is not Supported.

I running both SATA2 in AHCI. (Can switch between 3 Mbit / 6 Mbit , my HDD is 3 Mbit so 3Mbit is enabled)

I deleted with Windows 7 Setup one of my plates completedly to have an Free HDD with no Partition etc. but still stuck here. Need I a tool to Format to MAC in Win7 or what is the problem?

Hope you are able to help me. (Phenom X6 T1090 Black Edition)

so the Partition needs to be unlocated or can I create a partition on Win in NTFS and MAC Format itself to MAC format?

You got same Disk Error? It's stupid that all my HDD would not supported.

It looks Funny Disk7 says nothing to me I got 4 Partions with NTFS. MAC Should be 172 GB large.

I hope today other boot CD would bring me more luck.

In the NTFS System he locate my HDD (Fast Game HDD, Windows 7 HDD, "Unnamed HDD" , Stuff) he found all 4 then he say me $LOGFILE not EMPTY -> Error but Stuff is formated.

On Startup he show me too please Update Boot Launcher (FSB 200? and he locate 168,XXX) My AMD got

Multiple x 17 is there a problem with boot CD 1.6? How can I change it? Try to get somethink in the console but don't know how to work with console =(

so the Partition needs to be unlocated or can I create a partition on Win in NTFS and MAC Format itself to MAC format?

If you have an empty HDD, then allocate partitions using mac HDD utility.

On Startup he show me too please Update Boot Launcher (FSB 200? and he locate 168,XXX) My AMD got

Multiple x 17 is there a problem with boot CD 1.6? How can I change it? Try to get somethink in the console but don't know how to work with console =(

use Nawcom ModCD instead.

it appears that may be problem on HDD try disconnect all HDD

also put usb stick on usb 2 open

which boot cd you used

and try boot with

Wait=yes -v

and take picture for this

Hi Mohamed,

I used bootCD 1.6, attached is a photo of the requested screen.

post-376862-1294277189_thumb.jpg

Salam Mohammed,

Thanks for the guide & you saved my days of cracking my head to install retail on AMD. Just that there's a problem after setting the HDD to boot with HDD my screen gave me "Waiting for root device" :) But if I boot from CD, I can boot the partition. I haven't tried installing the new kernel yet but have installed the new Chameleon & failed to boot from partition.

On the other hand, can I update to 10.6.6 from Software Update?

Thanks & regards,

John K.

You got same Disk Error? It's stupid that all my HDD would not supported.

It looks Funny Disk7 says nothing to me I got 4 Partions with NTFS. MAC Should be 172 GB large.

I hope today other boot CD would bring me more luck.

In the NTFS System he locate my HDD (Fast Game HDD, Windows 7 HDD, "Unnamed HDD" , Stuff) he found all 4 then he say me $LOGFILE not EMPTY -> Error but Stuff is formated.

did you try to remove all hdd and see if you reach installer

this is nawcom bootcd

http://www.kexts.com/view/586-nawcom_mod_cd_v0.3.html

Hi Mohamed,

I used bootCD 1.6, attached is a photo of the requested screen.

ok did you tried to boot with out HDDs

Salam Mohammed,

Thanks for the guide & you saved my days of cracking my head to install retail on AMD. Just that there's a problem after setting the HDD to boot with HDD my screen gave me "Waiting for root device" :wacko: But if I boot from CD, I can boot the partition. I haven't tried installing the new kernel yet but have installed the new Chameleon & failed to boot from partition.

On the other hand, can I update to 10.6.6 from Software Update?

Thanks & regards,

John K.

open boot cd and open extra you will find dmg mount it you will found anther extra folder open it

you will find extenisons copy all kexts and put them on system/library/extensions

then pfix

for 1.6.6 i will update now when done will give you oky :P

Thank you again Mohamed. Now I've a "perfect AMD-hacked" to work with :wacko:

John K.

did you try to remove all hdd and see if you reach installer

this is nawcom bootcd

http://www.kexts.com/view/586-nawcom_mod_cd_v0.3.html

ok did you tried to boot with out HDDs

open boot cd and open extra you will find dmg mount it you will found anther extra folder open it

you will find extenisons copy all kexts and put them on system/library/extensions

then pfix

for 1.6.6 i will update now when done will give you oky :P

Ok now I tried it with installing Chamleon to the Drive but that didn´t worked too, it got an Kernel Panic.

Someone have another Idea what I could do to get out of this stucking problem posted above? :/

Did you boot into safe mode?

I updated to 10.6.6 with no apparent issues so far.

I downloaded the combo update, reinstalled the legacy kernel (shouldn't be necessary), reinstalled the graphics drivers, and rebooted successfully with the new app store application now greeting me in the dock.

hello all,

so upon successfully loading boot cd 1.6 i then swapped out the boot cd for the retail dvd and then hit f5. some code loaded across the screen and then it just hangs. the last few lines of code are as follows:

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3.2)@0x7a157000->0x7a197fff
         dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0x79ec4000
         dependency: com.apple. iokit.IOACPIFamily(2.6)@0x7a0b6000

my system:

amd phenom quad core

esc a79ogxm-a black series (mobo)

8g corsair (mem)

pny geforce 8400 gs (graphics card)

ocz 64 gb sdd

thanks,

ratroder

Started all over again.

Got a new HardDisk for MAC.

->Booted from BootCD 1.6 & Installed MAC OSx 10.6.4

->Installed Combo Update 10.6.5 & Restarted.(Added IOUSB kext)

->Installed Chameleon RC4 2.0 , legacy kernel 10.5 (without -force64)

->Downloaded netkas ATY_int driver added Vervet ,installed in E/E.

->Installed ATI5000Controller.kext (with my device ID) , ATIFramebuffer.kext, ATISupport.kext to S/L/E/

->Restarted. Got my resolution correct.But no QE/CI.

->Added ATI3000.kext (with My Device ID),ATI3000GLDriver, ATI3000VADriver to S/L/E.

->Rebooted. Got the Desktop but NO QE/CI.(Also in verbose i get - ATI-68be already has keys set)

What am i missing?Plz help.

Can anyone help me.

I put the sata to achi and i booted up 1.6boot cd then replaced with retail mac 10.6.3.

it was loading loads of white texts for good 2mins and then it hanged. here is picture.

http://img405.imageshack.us/i/img0133pjf.jpg/

i did notice a few disk drivers say unsupported if that helps and the format is ntfs.

my specs is:

CPU - AMD Phenom X6 1055T AM3 2.8ghz 6mb Cache

Motherboard - M4A78LT-M

Memory - 8gb DDR3 1333 PC10660

Hard Drive - 1000gb Sata Hard Drive

Optical Drive - 24x DVD Writer

Graphics Card - dedicated ati 5670

please help me. thanks

your boot cd's work great for my setup, however I cannot use your mach_kernel and fakeSMC.kext, I get kp's on both. . .

after the 10.6.6 update (and I think the 10.6.5 update too) I had to use an older version of:

IOUSBFamily.kext

IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

to get full functionality of those 3 things.

and another strange thing was after I run your pfix command, which repairs all permissions and caches, I get KP's after that, I don't know why. . .

hello all,

so upon successfully loading boot cd 1.6 i then swapped out the boot cd for the retail dvd and then hit f5. some code loaded across the screen and then it just hangs. the last few lines of code are as follows:

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3.2)@0x7a157000->0x7a197fff
         dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0x79ec4000
         dependency: com.apple. iokit.IOACPIFamily(2.6)@0x7a0b6000

my system:

amd phenom quad core

esc a79ogxm-a black series (mobo)

8g corsair (mem)

pny geforce 8400 gs (graphics card)

ocz 64 gb sdd

thanks,

ratroder

try use 4 gig of ram and load defualt of MB bios setting

Started all over again.

Got a new HardDisk for MAC.

->Booted from BootCD 1.6 & Installed MAC OSx 10.6.4

->Installed Combo Update 10.6.5 & Restarted.(Added IOUSB kext)

->Installed Chameleon RC4 2.0 , legacy kernel 10.5 (without -force64)

->Downloaded netkas ATY_int driver added Vervet ,installed in E/E.

->Installed ATI5000Controller.kext (with my device ID) , ATIFramebuffer.kext, ATISupport.kext to S/L/E/

->Restarted. Got my resolution correct.But no QE/CI.

->Added ATI3000.kext (with My Device ID),ATI3000GLDriver, ATI3000VADriver to S/L/E.

->Rebooted. Got the Desktop but NO QE/CI.(Also in verbose i get - ATI-68be already has keys set)

What am i missing?Plz help.

if you use gfx injection no need for aty

and did you do pfix after editing kexts