AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me.

I put the sata to achi and i booted up 1.6boot cd then replaced with retail mac 10.6.3.

it was loading loads of white texts for good 2mins and then it hanged. here is picture.

http://img405.imageshack.us/i/img0133pjf.jpg/

i did notice a few disk drivers say unsupported if that helps and the format is ntfs.

my specs is:

CPU - AMD Phenom X6 1055T AM3 2.8ghz 6mb Cache

Motherboard - M4A78LT-M

Memory - 8gb DDR3 1333 PC10660

Hard Drive - 1000gb Sata Hard Drive

Optical Drive - 24x DVD Writer

Graphics Card - dedicated ati 5670

please help me. thanks

try use boot cd 1.5

added new info on guide

just do patching command on guide ;)

Thnx for the tip! It solved my issue. ;) But I have a strange feeling that something is wrong with this 10.6.6 update :-). There is a lot of disk activity after I login to desktop.

Do you have any idea why my memory is displayed as DDR2 400 istead of DDR2 800 Mhz? This happened when I replaced the original "boot" file with one that supports of my videocard.

Thnx for the tip! It solved my issue. ;) But I have a strange feeling that something is wrong with this 10.6.6 update :-). There is a lot of disk activity after I login to desktop.

Do you have any idea why my memory is displayed as DDR2 400 istead of DDR2 800 Mhz? This happened when I replaced the original "boot" file with one that supports of my videocard.

use this program to correct info

http://teamcremosso.free.fr/downloads/Lizard.zip

Thnx, but I want more than just "cosmetic" correction. In the System profiler the memory bus speed is detected as 400 MHz. Just want to know why.

The mic is working on your setup? How did you fix the sound issues, if you had any?

all info is cosmetic it will work with max of ram dont worry

about audio try anther kext if you have problem with your one

I can't get my PC to see my OSX DVD. I booted using ModCD....swapped disks...pressed F5 a few times,and the CD icon went away completely! Could anyone help me?

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1, v.721 (7601.win7sp1_rc.100929-1730)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation

System Model: VPCEE33FX

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: AMD Turion II P540 Dual-Core Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3834MB RAM

Page File: 2438MB used, 5229MB available

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9712)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9712&SUBSYS_9077104D&REV_00

Display Memory: 1913 MB

Dedicated Memory: 252 MB

Shared Memory: 1661 MB

Drive: E:

Model: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C SATA CdRom Device

Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7601.17105 (English), 9/30/2010 01:15:59, 147456 bytes

If you need any more info on this PC,I'd be glad to give any info I forgot to add.

EDIT:Had problems burning apprently. XD Going to try reburning my DVD.

thank you so much for the help and the awesome guide. it worked flawlessly. i was able to get it all set up and working.

after i loaded the updates and all, 10.5.6 and the bootloader and kernels and such, i was able to reboot no problem. but now i have NO mouse response at all. :):) i am using a usb (wired) and a ps2 wireless mouse, and there is no response on either.

also tried typing in -v at bootloader start to boot to safe mode and i still have no keyboard response.

ratroder

Hello again.

Ok i have installed mac on my pc using retail 10.6.3 disc with using nawcom bootcd, but nothing is working (audio,graphics,wireless) i have update to 10.6.4 but nothing new has happened still the same of 10.6.3 i updated to 10.6.4 nothing is working at all not my mouse or keyboard it just boots up and see the desktop but you cant do anything. I have installed loads of kext and half of them i dont know what they for and im like pulling my hair out and everything trying to get this to work. I am a noob at this, please help :)

graphics card - ati 5670

audio - im using my lcd tv

wireless - tp link wn350g

the mouse and keyboard is logitech and wireless.

So yeah i dont know what to do now :/

thanks again.

I can't get my PC to see my OSX DVD. I booted using ModCD....swapped disks...pressed F5 a few times,and the CD icon went away completely! Could anyone help me?

Specs:

If you need any more info on this PC,I'd be glad to give any info I forgot to add.

EDIT:Had problems burning apprently. XD Going to try reburning my DVD.

do good burning or restore it best using anther mac or vmware

thank you so much for the help and the awesome guide. it worked flawlessly. i was able to get it all set up and working.

after i loaded the updates and all, 10.5.6 and the bootloader and kernels and such, i was able to reboot no problem. but now i have NO mouse response at all. :P:) i am using a usb (wired) and a ps2 wireless mouse, and there is no response on either.

also tried typing in -v at bootloader start to boot to safe mode and i still have no keyboard response.

ratroder

use boot cd 1.5 or 1.6 as nearly you use 10.4 kernel on 10.6.5 and then replace kernel with 10.5 kernel

Hello again.

Ok i have installed mac on my pc using retail 10.6.3 disc with using nawcom bootcd, but nothing is working (audio,graphics,wireless) i have update to 10.6.4 but nothing new has happened still the same of 10.6.3 i updated to 10.6.4 nothing is working at all not my mouse or keyboard it just boots up and see the desktop but you cant do anything. I have installed loads of kext and half of them i dont know what they for and im like pulling my hair out and everything trying to get this to work. I am a noob at this, please help :(

graphics card - ati 5670

audio - im using my lcd tv

wireless - tp link wn350g

the mouse and keyboard is logitech and wireless.

So yeah i dont know what to do now :/

thanks again.

you must update to 10.6.5 for gfx

you want audio from hdmi you must edit your dsdt to get audio from hdmi

for wifi you must give me name of chipset of card and id to see if it is supported or not

do good burning or restore it best using anther mac or vmware

use boot cd 1.5 or 1.6 as nearly you use 10.4 kernel on 10.6.5 and then replace kernel with 10.5 kernel

you must update to 10.6.5 for gfx

you want audio from hdmi you must edit your dsdt to get audio from hdmi

for wifi you must give me name of chipset of card and id to see if it is supported or not

Hello mate.

I have tried to update to 10.6.5 but my mouse doesn't work but my keyboard does.

Il have a look for a guide now thanks.

Ok i think these are them - Atheros AR2417 - 168c:001d if thise id is wrong i taken a photo because there was a few ids

http://img810.imageshack.us/i/img0182bq.jpg/

if my wireless card dont work what one have you got and do you use it with mac?

thanks again mate.

Hello mate.

I have tried to update to 10.6.5 but my mouse doesn't work but my keyboard does.

Il have a look for a guide now thanks.

Ok i think these are them - Atheros AR2417 - 168c:001d if thise id is wrong i taken a photo because there was a few ids

http://img810.imageshack.us/i/img0182bq.jpg/

if my wireless card dont work what one have you got and do you use it with mac?

thanks again mate.

use this

http://www.kexts.com/view/763-atheros_fix_kext.html

for 10.6.5 as you see this is guide for 10.6.5 ;)

which mouse you use

I have installed that kext your provided for my wireless card using kext helper b7 and it doesnt work, it doesnt pick up anything the only option is built in port or ethernet, oh what a bummer :)

thanks again.

because some usb mouses dont work on mac

can you see it on usb on system profiler

and for wireless mouse try disconnect reciver and connect it again and see on system perf for it

Yes it does show it under USB and it says logitech inc.

Im still on 10.6.4 by the way as i reinstalled.

thanks ;)

I have installed that kext your provided for my wireless card using kext helper b7 and it doesnt work, it doesnt pick up anything the only option is built in port or ethernet, oh what a bummer :)

thanks again.

Yes it does show it under USB and it says logitech inc.

thanks ;)

see on system profiler if you see wifi card or not

if not remove kext i sent

and go to io80211famaily and add your card id to airportatheros.kext

see on system profiler if you see wifi card or not

if not remove kext i sent

and go to io80211famaily and add your card id to airportatheros.kext

No i cant see it, so i just removed the kext from the folder "/system/library/extensions". im sorry where is this io80211family directory i cant seem to find it and what program do i use to edit the airportatheros.kext.

sorry for nobby questions i really do appreciate the help

thanks

Ok....put OSX on my 8GB SDCard and ModCD sees it,I select it....get a kernel panic....pics in a minute.

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/U3rnR.jpg

I also tried ModBin kernel..... same/simular panic screen. but Vanilla kernel just gives a blank screen.

EDIT2: Booted from an external HDD I found...it takes a bit to get to a GUI,but it boots! :D Just selected and booted.

I'm having issues trying to connect to a Samba share on my Windows Home Server since installing the legacy kernel. I used to be able to used the Connect As option, but now when I click that nothing happens. I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing the software.

Edit***

WHS is based off Server 2003. I'm running 10.6.5

what do you know, that work and solved the issue. i thank you very much.

i went to install some kext files to hopefully solve some minor issues and was unable to do so. i had tried to use kexts helper, to make things easier, but the application wouldn't open at all. so then i tried a few other applications (firefox, itues, another kext installer) and none of them would open.

so i tried to install the kexts myself by putting them into the /libary/extra folder and was getting an error which stated that they were installed wrong and weren't working.

i also have two other graphics cards and one more port on the one that i am using currently that i can not get to work (hence the need for the kexts i believe). as well as i can not change the resolution of my one monitor, weird.

but over all everything is working great, and i thank you for all of the help so far.

ratroder