G5 Front Panel to ATX I/O Cables

BlackCH

602 posts in this topic

Hi BlachCH,

I would like to order a cable for my G5 build.

As I'm planning to use a motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H I'll need a the little jumper cable for the audio, and for future upgrades I would like to request the firewire jumper cable.

I have checked the apple part code for the front panel board and it's a 630-4805, so everything should be ok.

I also send you an email through your blog.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BlackCH,

I've just gutted my G5 and I could really use your cable (with the ground jumper and the audio jumper)!

I've sent you an email and am waiting for further instructions :)

Thanks,

Hi BlackCH,

thanks for the cable, I got it months ago but only now found some time to get to work on my build again.

Unfortunately the Dropbox link with the instructions expired for me too... I'd be very happy if you could send me the updated version.

Thanks!

J.

Got mine cable yesterday, thanks for a great work, it was worth the wait :)

I haven't tried enabling audio sense on msi x79a gd45 8d yet, any advice how to get it to work or how to enable both front and rear audio outputs?

Got mine cable yesterday, thanks for a great work, it was worth the wait :)

I haven't tried enabling audio sense on msi x79a gd45 8d yet, any advice how to get it to work or how to enable both front and rear audio outputs?

Good to know you got it fine!

You could try patching the driver:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

Or maybe try different HDA kexts...

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BlackCH, I have one cable for a MB without FW -> one pin for the frontpanel ground is pluged into the FW cable I think. I pulled that cable out, but am not sure where to put it back into… Please help me :)

Hi BlackCH, I have one cable for a MB without FW -> one pin for the frontpanel ground is pluged into the FW cable I think. I pulled that cable out, but am not sure where to put it back into… Please help me :)

It goes to pin 3 or 4 (pin 10 is the key blocked hole)

• 4 weeks later...