G5 Front Panel to ATX I/O Cables

BlackCH

602 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello BlackCh

I saw on your profile that you sell Powermac G5 front I/O cable mod for ATX Motherboards. Could you please detail me how to buy on of this, and also some info on the length of it as well as the distance from the breakout to the actual connectors. Also I would like to know the price of it, how to pay for it, and also if you can ship them to an address in Germany

BlackCH,

I am currently working on a G5 Hackintosh case mod. The G5 case was a dual processor 2.0 GHz early June 2004 model. I am using a Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H motherboard in my build.

Do you think you can help me out with a cable set for hooking up the G5 I/O to the Gigabyte board?

Thanks,

Jim

BlackCH,

I am currently working on a G5 Hackintosh case mod. The G5 case was a dual processor 2.0 GHz early June 2004 model. I am using a Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H motherboard in my build.

Do you think you can help me out with a cable set for hooking up the G5 I/O to the Gigabyte board?

Thanks,

Jim

Sure! Ive sent you the details. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The cables are amazing, very good quality and in just 2 weeks they were at home.

But when I connected the audio conector for the front panel it works, but not the rear one (it´s a gigabyte Z87mx-d3h mobo with ALC892 driver), It´s does in windows 8, then I know it´s an issue of Os X, but I don´t know how to make both working. I chose all the sound options in preferences, reinstalled drivers with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and read a lot about patch the driver...but I have no idea. At the end I unplugged the audio connector because I prefer the rear one for the speakers, but I feel I bit disappointed. If anyone knows how to make it works or have a patched driver which works for that I would be eternally thankfully.

The cables are amazing, very good quality and in just 2 weeks they were at home.

But when I connected the audio conector for the front panel it works, but not the rear one (it´s a gigabyte Z87mx-d3h mobo with ALC892 driver), It´s does in windows 8, then I know it´s an issue of Os X, but I don´t know how to make both working. I chose all the sound options in preferences, reinstalled drivers with ##### and read a lot about patch the driver...but I have no idea. At the end I unplugged the audio connector because I prefer the rear one for the speakers, but I feel I bit disappointed. If anyone knows how to make it works or have a patched driver which works for that I would be eternally thankfully.

The best (and hardest) way is to patch the driver to enable both outputs: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

I assume you are using the audio sense jumper (purple wire on the audio connector). You could try to take that out and see if change something. 

PM me if you need further assistance. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, I bought one of your cables some time ago (Still working perfectly)

Here's my problem:

I am once again using a mobo without firewire... so was looking around for the pdf which was sent to me detailing where the firewire jumper cable needs to be attached, cant seem to find the pdf and the dropbox link has expired   :(

Any help please?

Also, looks like I'll now be needing the audio jumper, any chance of purchasing this separately? cheers

Hi, I bought one of your cables some time ago (Still working perfectly)

Here's my problem:

I am once again using a mobo without firewire... so was looking around for the pdf which was sent to me detailing where the firewire jumper cable needs to be attached, cant seem to find the pdf and the dropbox link has expired   :(

Any help please?

Also, looks like I'll now be needing the audio jumper, any chance of purchasing this separately? cheers

I'll send you the link for the new PDF.

Also I can send you a jumper for free if you pay the shipping costs.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

PM´ed

Black CH, Back 9 months ago I purchased a cable from you. Now I changed the mobotherboard where there is no 1394 or Firiwire connection. How do I can power up my PC with your cable? Please advise me / give me the link your installation pdf.

Thanks

PM´ed

Black CH, Back 9 months ago I purchased a cable from you. Now I changed the mobotherboard where there is no 1394 or Firiwire connection. How do I can power up my PC with your cable? Please advise me / give me the link your installation pdf.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi, I've sent you a PM with the details. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BlackCH,

I have just had to rebuild my hack and cannot find the PDF for connecting the cable. The link in the pm that you originally sent me no longer works.

Would it be possible to resend the link please?

Many thanks,

Shane

Hi BlackCH,

I have just had to rebuild my hack and cannot find the PDF for connecting the cable. The link in the pm that you originally sent me no longer works.

Would it be possible to resend the link please?

Many thanks,

Shane

I've sent you a PM with the link.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks!  So basically just ground any of the ground cables on the fireware connector to any random ground pin I can find on the mb.

No. You need to connect any ground from the motherboard to pin 3/4 on the firewire connector.