G5 Front Panel to ATX I/O Cables

BlackCH

602 posts in this topic

complete n00b here i cant figure out how to wire it up i have the jumper version so i took that out of the firewire and used jus the 1 side of the double or 2 pin as i only need 1 side and i used the other single pin and i get a constant white light and no action i have taken the jumper out of the firewire and plugged the firewire in as i have it on my board

i know i pmed you but i think i might be better here as ppl can learn like me from my mistake.

thanks for anything anyone can do !?

Props BlackCH

Thanks.

EDIT :

xx to tt

hxxp://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9360/1myversion.jpg

hxxp://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2995/2myversion.jpg

original

hxxp://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1592/32587545.jpg

hxxp://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2153/72419389.jpg

what i get

hxxp://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2283/thisiswhatigetwhenplugg.jpg

:(

no power though, no nothing

but blackCH has been pming me i just thought that if i posted here someone can help or learn from this mistake

yes but thats not for the version with the jumper :(

edit

i'll take another look at it .

edit 2

its DONE !!!! and working

i plugged on the jumper pin onto the other side of the 2 pin and plugged everything else onto the motherboard and it runs just now need to figure out how to fix the hdd unit with out cable ties

yes but thats not for the version with the jumper :(

Theres no "jumper version". The cable is exactly the same.

If you dont need the jumper you just take it out and it will work (as long as you connect the headers in the right places).

As I said that on a PM I sent you yesterday, by seeing to the pictures you posted I think the LED and POWER BUTTON connectors are plugged in the wrong place... Send me a PM if you need further instructions

If you have firewire on board you shouldnt have the jumper plugged (is not necessary as long as you plug the firewire connector)...

By the way

Todays shipping:

-bugsbunny1969

-thegr8john

Cheers

Hello BlackCH

I just acquired another G5 case and this time, with 2004 front panel included, so i'll be interested to grab one of those cables for a future mod , no firewire jumper needed.

Best thing is i'm also from Barcelona so if possible, how we can do to save the shipping?

Gracias!

Hi BlackCH,

I am looking into getting a G5 and getting busy with building a hackintosh soon.

I have a noob question :) Would it be possible to hook up G5 front panel with your cables into USB 3.0 (F_USB30_1/F_USB30_2/F_USB30_3 (USB 3.0/2.0 Headers)) on GA-Z77X-UP5 TH ?

Also, will this setup work on windows?

Thanks, Tino.

I am looking into getting a G5 and getting busy with building a hackintosh soon.

I have a noob question :) Would it be possible to hook up G5 front panel with your cables into USB 3.0 (F_USB30_1/F_USB30_2/F_USB30_3 (USB 3.0/2.0 Headers)) on GA-Z77X-UP5 TH ?

Also, will this setup work on windows?

Thanks, Tino.

No, you cannot use the G5 front panel nor the cable I make to route USB 3. The connector itself is different.

On a normal setup (USB2, firewire, audio, power button/led) the front panel connectors should work under any OS (windows, OSX, Linux)

No, you cannot use the G5 front panel nor the cable I make to route USB 3. The connector itself is different.

On a normal setup (USB2, firewire, audio, power button/led) the front panel connectors should work under any OS (windows, OSX, Linux)

Thank you for your reply!

USB 2.0 + fw should probably be good enough for me in the end.