10.6.2 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

178 posts in this topic

GMA950 is not working anymore here, any fix for that?

(Phewww, I had a SuperDuper! disk image on my old 10.6.1 ...)

This is a bit messy now, better wait until things get clearer...

I have my GMA950 drivers in my /Extra directory so they still work properly. you could probably just search on the forum for 10.6 GMA drivers.

I have my GMA950 drivers in my /Extra directory so they still work properly. you could probably just search on the forum for 10.6 GMA drivers.

I see, I think I might have the files (AppleIntelGMA950,AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer) but fact is that I was installing those with kexthelper, so I think I am not doing a proper use of the /Extra folder, mainly by lack of knowledge.

Anyway, thanx for helping "pkm", I'll try to get it working with patience.

Cheers

hi all , i updated to 6.2 with sleepenabler still on my extensions folder so i got a KP then from windows i deleted sleep enabler i got to load the dockand after a few secons i got this KP

img0099s.jpg

i searched on my extension for dsmos kext but it seems to be unpresent

help please i dont want to reinstall!

hi all , i updated to 6.2 with sleepenabler still on my extensions folder so i got a KP then from windows i deleted sleep enabler i got to load the dockand after a few secons i got this KP

img0099s.jpg

i searched on my extension for dsmos kext but it seems to be unpresent

help please i dont want to reinstall!

Seems to be related to MDWorker ... you should try to repair diskpermissions and/or build a startup kextcache:

kextcache -v -l -t -m /Volumes/SnowLeopard/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/SnowLeopard/System/Library/Extensions/

Hope that helps ...

Goron

finally i got working 10.6.2 by copying mach_kernel and my extras folder from snow leopard 10.6.1 main drive and click update ...after update i start windows 7 and through macdrive i replace mack_kernel and extras folder and enjoying up to date snow leopard

10.6.2 update went smooth just did it from system upgrade. no need to delete anything everything is working smooth sleep works deep sleep aswell dual monitor works sound and lan.

specs

ep45 ud3p

6 gig ram 800mhz

c2q 2.66ghz

gts 250 512mb xfx

bluetooth wrks

all usbs aswell

i followed lifehackers quide and then updated to 10.6.2 via system update

Hello, Dell Latitude m4400, after 10.6.2 software update, booting with KP, in W7 with macdrive replace SleepEnabler.kext, but still KP on boot ;), I try delete /S/L/Caches, dont help ...

i try delete dmos.kext, I havent KP but system still booting and booting 20min with Apple logo .. ;)

any help please, advice ? post-465507-1258224419_thumb.jpg

Hello, Dell Latitude m4400, after 10.6.2 software update, booting with KP, in W7 with macdrive replace SleepEnabler.kext, but still KP on boot ;) , I try delete /S/L/Caches, dont help ...

i try delete dmos.kext, I havent KP but system still booting and booting 20min with Apple logo .. :blink:

any help please, advice ? post-465507-1258224419_thumb.jpg

You should use FAKESMC ( most important ) and not DSMOS.

You should use the new NULLCPUPOWER....

And try without Sleepenabler.

Bye bye.

I have what appears to be a unique problem, haven't seen anyone with this problem yet:

I have Radeon 4670, so booting normally gives me jumbled screen, but I can boot into safe mode. In safe mode, I was able to install the 10.6.1 update fine, but whenever I try to install the 10.6.2 update, it always kernel panics near the end. It doesn't screw anything up, because I can reboot again, try again, and have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution for this?

thanks for reply, fakesmc.kext help me, you are king man ! :)

i have little problem, on system information about my cpu is "Uknouwn 2.66ghz!, but my cpu is core2duo 2.8Ghz

any help ?

Try PCEFI 10.4 or 10.5

If you are lucky you solved this Unknown.

If you didn't solved that isnt a problem.

Unknown is not a problem.Your hackintosh go well.

Sorry for my bad english.

Bye bye.

Try PCEFI 10.4 or 10.5

If you are lucky you solved this Unknown.

If you didn't solved that isnt a problem.

Unknown is not a problem.Your hackintosh go well.

Sorry for my bad english.

Bye bye.

Thank you ,

PCEFI 10.5 help me, Core2 Duo 2,67ghz is ok now !

is there any application, when i can check if my cpu is working ok on battery ( I mean downclock etc..)

thank you again

So far, so good on my Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L w/7300GT after going into Windows 7 and simply dragging & dropping the updated SleepEnabler.kext via MacDrive.

The only issue I'm seeing is the 64-bit kernel isn't working right....crashes after 10 or so seconds after getting in the GUI. Not a big problem I guess, as my Hawking USB wifi wasn't working in 64-bit mode anyway.

I see, I think I might have the files (AppleIntelGMA950,AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer) but fact is that I was installing those with kexthelper, so I think I am not doing a proper use of the /Extra folder, mainly by lack of knowledge.

Anyway, thanx for helping "pkm", I'll try to get it working with patience.

Cheers

Anyone could post an "Acer Aspire One from 10.6.1 to 10.6.2" Tutorial guide?

Thank you in advance!

i lost my wireless after taking the software update, and i had to re-edit the IO80211Family.kext to add my device id again. and that brought it back to life.

hmm im trying to do this but im not sure if i'm doing it properly. i have a diff card but could you possibly notate some quick steps?

• 2 weeks later...

After reinstalling hackpro back to 10.6 and following Netkas guide to updating to 10.6.2, everything works but after some time I noticed that the restart is slower than usual and sometimes freezes. Not a major issue unless I need to install something and then reboot. Thankfully my graphics card works.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there.

Have you checked netkas.org already? Looks like there's something about HDXXXX Radeon GFX cards to be bootable in 10.6.2 version. Take a look there.

Cheers.

bb.

same thing here. any chances of a fix for this?

My CPU is celeron 420. It seems that it is not supported in 10.6.2

It stopped at the grey screen (no spinning wheel) just after leaving the chameleon bootloader.

Replacing the kernel with 10.6.1 kernel solve the problem.

Anyone with celeron 420/430/440 have any luck?

not here. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Completed the 10.6.2 update this weekend... no issues. I haven't put any effort into getting the on-board audio working because I use an external USB sound device instead.

I have noticed my CPU is running a LOT hotter than usual. I have to double-check my heat sink, but I was seeing some scary-high numbers today when running Handbrake (using all 8 virtual CPUs).

Gigabyte P55M-UD4, Core i7/860, 2x2GB 1333 DDR3, nVidia GEForce 9800GTX (512MB), vanilla kernel.

• 1 month later...
Anyone else with a broken DVD player after 10.6.2 update? D620 with NV110 graphics, QI/QE working after update.

error:

"There was an initialization error

The current machine or system configuration is not supported.

[-70013]"

DVD player worked fine up thru 10.6.1 on this machine.

I can't find the culprit.

I have the same problem with my D620 and nv110m I tried using different video drivers and it opened up the dvd player but black screen in the dvd window.

any ideas on an alternative video driver ?