10.6.2 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

178 posts in this topic

Try NVEnabler_64 from kexts.com

Working fine here.

well... I can see in verbose boot that the nvenabler_64 loads up correctly as well as everything else but i still get that black screen when the desktop should appear. Specifically says "no signal" on my tv as if the graphics card has been turned off or something....

R u using anything in you boot.plist..... do you have your card set up in your DSDT..........?

if you have black screen after booting ... delete following prefs/plists if existing in directory (boot with -x):

/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.preference.display*

/System/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.preference.display*

/Users/YOURUSER/Library/Prefereneces/ByHost/com.apple.preference.display*

same to *loginWindow* prefs/plists ... in all that directories if existing ...

restart and your EFI string will work again ...

For now, no matter what I try as a replacement for EFI string,

I get a 800x600 resolution, detecting 32MB generic video card without QE/CI.

I get this with NVEnabler and NVInject injectors

I get this with

<key>GraphicsEnabler<key><string>y<string>

in com.apple.boot.plist

The weird thing is that if I put the EFI string back for 8800GT,

it now does boot, but in 800x600 without QE/CI.

I really don't understand this behavior...

ideas ?

For now, no matter what I try as a replacement for EFI string,

I get a 800x600 resolution, detecting 32MB generic video card without QE/CI.

I get this with NVEnabler and NVInject injectors

I get this with GraphicsEnabler=yes in com.apple.boot.plist

ideas ?

yes read my post above ... delete loginwindow and display prefs ... efi string will work after that ... no need for any additional nvidia kexts except from original system itself ...

if you have black screen after booting ... delete following prefs/plists if existing in directory (boot with -x):

No luck man.......... I'm starting to think this might be something else.........

There is no ByHost folder.

There is no Preferences folder.

There is no com.apple.preference.display file

Just updated by box to 10.6.2 without dramas.

I am using DSDT for most things and just these kexts:

AD1988bFix.kext

CPUInjector.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

fakesmc.kext

The IONetworkingFamily has a slightly modified Yukon2 plugin info.plist to cater for the Marvell ethernet on the P5K/AP board.

On inspection of the logs, I do get an error for fakesmc:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

FakeSMC: key not found BEMB, length - 1

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: VBL too high (20767765), capping to 20000000

But as yet have not noticed any issues related to that.

I made a new dsdt.aml

with the koalala patcher on Windows

which now includes the informations for my 8800GT

and know what ?

I'm getting a BLACK SCREEN :unsure:

I'm now back in 10.6.1 whick works perfectly, waiting for a solution...

Hi! This might not be related, but as soon as I updated to 10.6.2, my network adapter (Netgear W111v2) stopped working. When booting up in windows (R7), it works fine. It's the only problem I've had, and can't figure out why. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

-Genk

*By the way, many thanks to all the Gurus here on Insanelymac, I owe you all a debt of gratitude.

Hi! This might not be related, but as soon as I updated to 10.6.2, my network adapter (Netgear W111v2) stopped working. When booting up in windows (R7), it works fine. It's the only problem I've had, and can't figure out why. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

-Genk

*By the way, many thanks to all the Gurus here on Insanelymac, I owe you all a debt of gratitude.

i lost my wireless after taking the software update, and i had to re-edit the IO80211Family.kext to add my device id again. and that brought it back to life.

Yea this was a nasty update.

Taken from Hackintosh Killer?

On Monday Apple released an update to its Snow Leopard operating system (10.6.2 ) that fixes flaws, including one that wipes out a users' personal data. But along with fixes, Apple's update also kills support for Intel Atom processors, in a bid to stop users from hacking their netbooks and creating "hackintosh" systems. The Snow Leopard 10.6.2 update addresses over 100 general fixes, 43 being security related. One of those fixes addresses the highly publicized bug that wipes a users' home folders when logging in with a guest account. This is the second update since Snow Leopard was released at the end of August.

owever, the 10.6.2 Snow Leopard update was highly debated since before public launch, as developers reported the update did not support Intel's Atom processor, which powers many of today's netbooks. This made it difficult for users who installed OSX Snow Leopard on regular netbook computers to update to 10.6.2, as their processor was not supported anymore.

Reports then emerged last week that Apple is not actually removing Intel Atom processor support from the 10.6.2 update, and hackintosh netbook users sighed with relief. But it was a short lived moment, as the public Snow Leopard 10.6.2 release of the OS on Monday is reported to have indeed removed support for Intel's low-power processors.

Several sources are now confirming the lack of Intel Atom support from the 10.6.2 update. Although this will make it more difficult than before to install Mac OSX on regular non-Apple hardware, modders say someone will eventually come with a workaround.

A hackintosh is basically a regular PC, not manufactured by Apple, which runs the OSX operating system after several hacks in the OS's code. This sort of hacking is unsupported by Apple but many run it on a personal basis. Apple has previously taken a legal stance on hardware manufacturers such as PsyStar that sell regular computers with Apple OSX preinstalled. OSX Snow Leopard has also become in recent months a favourite for hackintosh netbook modders, as the OS gives them better performance and battery life on their unsupported hardware.

Just bumped over to 10.6.2 on a vanilla install and I'm having KPs before I can barely get out of the Chameleon loader. I've tried deleting SleepEnabler, I've tried updating NullCPUPM.kext, I've tried using the updated SleepEnabler. I keep having KPs. From what I read, they seem to be related to com.apple.dsmos. I'm using the org.netkas.fakesmc kext. I don't think I ever installed the com.apple.dsmos myself, it was there from the vanilla install.

Should I delete the com.apple.dsmos? netkas wrote on his blog "dont use dsmos.kext anymore, use fakesmc.kext" What am I doing wrong here?

Strangely, I can boot from my SL USB key and everything's fine...

No luck for me too!

All I can do now is to use the old kernel from 10.6.1 and my old kexts backup!

i lost my wireless after taking the software update, and i had to re-edit the IO80211Family.kext to add my device id again. and that brought it back to life.

Thing is, I didn't need to do that the first time. Regardless, I'll look into it and see if that helps. Out of curiosity, do you have any advice on how to do that successfully (as this is something I've never attempted before)?

Thanks. :wacko:

Just wondering... are the successful installers (no black screen) using HDTVs with 1920x1080 resolution??????????

and if so DVI or HDMI???

I tried everything. Both DVI Ports, converting it to HDMI, or use just either one of them. No luck. Now I'm running 10.6.2 with 10.6.1 kernel and kexts.