[Guida]v2 SnowLeopard 32/64bit 10.6.7Vanilla. PERFETTA e SEMPLICISSIMA! NO DISABLER! AGG:23.03.11

scrax

304 posts in this topic

scrax: quello che ho creato io con lizard utilizza il chameleon rc4 e ha un dsdt ottimizzato con speedstep per q6600 quindi non adatto a tutte le configurazioni..serve avere un dsdt più generico per quanto riguarda questo aspetto? fammi sapere e se va bene lo posto

In effetti si, il boot cd l'ho fatt con lizard anch'io, proverò a rifarlo, forse ho dimenticato qualcosa chissà.. o forse è la rc5 che uso? :D

Anche facendo F5 non funziona il rescan?

In effetti si, il boot cd l'ho fatt con lizard anch'io, proverò a rifarlo, forse ho dimenticato qualcosa chissà.. o forse è la rc5 che uso? :o

Anche facendo F5 non funziona il rescan?

se premo f5 l'unità dvd me la riconosce come apple_hfs o qualcosa del genere ma non riesco comunque a far partire il dvd d'installazione

Scrax, thanks very much for your great work! You are very helpful!

I have been trying to install Mac.OS.X.10.6.3.Retail for a mounts:(

I had many problems but i solved them. Except the last one

I have been following your instruction:

1. From my working SnowOSX3.6 erase the volume for SL in Mac OS Extended (journaled)

2. Mount Mac.OS.X.10.6.3.Retail installation .dmg and then press CMD+SHIFT+G and use that address: /Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages/

Start OSInstall.mpkg select you destination volume for SL and deselect ALL uneeded (printer, x11, languages etc.)

3. After complete installation start Scrax Installer v2.6 to install on SLpartition, then restart from the SL volume and... i got this error (print screen of full log):

lpc device initialization failed c-state power management not initialized

I dont know what i need do next... :thumbsdown_anim:

Please help me

Scrax, thanks very much for your great work! You are very helpful!

I have been trying to install Mac.OS.X.10.6.3.Retail for a mounts:(

I had many problems but i solved them. Except the last one

I have been following your instruction:

1. From my working SnowOSX3.6 erase the volume for SL in Mac OS Extended (journaled)

2. Mount Mac.OS.X.10.6.3.Retail installation .dmg and then press CMD+SHIFT+G and use that address: /Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages/

Start OSInstall.mpkg select you destination volume for SL and deselect ALL uneeded (printer, x11, languages etc.)

3. After complete installation start Scrax Installer v2.6 to install on SLpartition, then restart from the SL volume and... i got this error (print screen of full log):

lpc device initialization failed c-state power management not initialized

I dont know what i need do next... :unsure:

Please help me

Hi,check on the SL partition if you have /Extra folder.

if there is that folder put inside inside the /Extra/Extensions folder NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and then grab the folder over Kext Utility (click on this bt_download.gif button in the page to download).

If all go fine you will see a extensions.mkext file in you /Extra folder.

If you have no /Extra folder try the manual method to install it( the bootloader is working for you now so you don't need to reinstall it).

To solve the problem without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext you need to find out why AppleLPC.kext isn0t loading. In the dsdt we are injecting an Apple ID for the LPC controller, but from your screenshot it isn't working, so be sure that you have dsdt.aml in your /Extra folder. If you see only dsdt.dsl you need to compile it using IaslMe

Hope this help, please report back your results, bye.

Neither of them work. I've tried both. Seems there is no fix for my computer, but well, at least everything else works. Great guide with great files Scrax.

Hi,

I have modified latest Scrax dsdt file which now supports shutdown :) Check it out and let me know if it works with your system :D

dsdt.zip

Thanks for replay!

1. I have /Extra folder on the SL partition, but i didn"t have /Extensions folder. Thats way i create it (/Extensions folder in /Extra folder)

2. Than i downloaded NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and put inside the /Extra/Extensions folder

3. Than i downloaded Kext Utility and put inside the /Extra folder. Next i grab the /Extensions folder over Kext Utility (print screen http://yfrog.com/3tde8p )

4. Than i restarted my system from SL partition and i got this error (print screen http://yfrog.com/5lvij )

acpi_smc_platformplugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

:D

Hi,

I have modified latest Scrax dsdt file which now supports shutdown :D Check it out and let me know if it works with your system :D

dsdt.zip

Good job, where was the error?

I can't test it because on my config shutdown works.

Thanks for replay!

1. I have /Extra folder on the SL partition, but i didn"t have /Extensions folder. Thats way i create it (/Extensions folder in /Extra folder)

2. Than i downloaded NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and put inside the /Extra/Extensions folder

3. Than i downloaded Kext Utility and put inside the /Extra folder. Next i grab the /Extensions folder over Kext Utility (print screen http://yfrog.com/3tde8p )

4. Than i restarted my system from SL partition and i got this error (print screen http://yfrog.com/5lvij )

acpi_smc_platformplugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

:thumbsup_anim:

Ok this time is fakeSMC.kext that is not loading, probably it has the wrong permissions.

first check if you can find it in /System/Library/Extension/ if there it isn't you need to install it (drop it on kext utility)

If there it is coy it on Desktop, delete the one you have in S/L/E/ and instalthe one on desktop again dropping it on Kext Utility.

You can find last version here

Good job, where was the error?

I can't test it because on my config shutdown works.

Something was missing in PTS method section. I'll post it later as now I'm out of my computer.

EDIT:

This is what I modified:

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
	{
		Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.AG3E)
	}
	Else
	{
		\_SB.PCI0.SBUS.DISB ()
		\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SPTS ()
		Store (Arg0, ASSB)
	}
}

And this was before:

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
	 {
		\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SPTS () 
		Store (Arg0, ASSB)
	 }

To make it work had to add to SBUS device:

Method (DISB, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Zero, SBOK)
			}

and to LPCB device this:

OperationRegion (LPC0, PCI_Config, 0xA0, 0x54)
			Field (LPC0, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
					,   10, 
				XPME,   1, 
						Offset (0x04), 
				AG3E,   1, 
						Offset (0x50), 
				RCBA,   32
			}

I also added this:

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
				{
					0x0B, 
					0x04
				})

to firewire section.

Those changes were taken from your previous working DSDT file.

Cheers

Ok this time is fakeSMC.kext that is not loading, probably it has the wrong permissions.

first check if you can find it in /System/Library/Extension/ if there it isn't you need to install it (drop it on kext utility)

If there it is coy it on Desktop, delete the one you have in S/L/E/ and instalthe one on desktop again dropping it on Kext Utility.

You can find last version here

It is works!

Turn out that i dont have any fakeSMC.kext on the SL partition!

I installed last version of fakeSMC.kext with Kext Utility and Mac Os started! ;):)

But my network card and sound didnt work and i installed all your kexts with Kext Utility too and got:

Work:

- sound

- sleep and wake

- restart

- temperature about CPU (with iStatPro)

Doesnt work:

- shutdown

- FireWire (internal and PCI Tekram DC/TR-1394W VIA Fire II VT6306)

After updating to 10.6.4 i lost my sound and i cant download your AppleHDA.kext for 10.6.4 - i got this error

"The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

How i can fix my firewire and download your AppleHDA.kext for 10.6.4?

Scrax, thanks you very much!

You are make me happy:)

Doesnt work:

- shutdown

After updating to 10.6.4 i lost my sound and i cant download your AppleHDA.kext for 10.6.4 - i got this error

Try this AppleHDA.kext

AppleHDA.kext.zip

and for shutdown download my DSDT file from post above and replace my cpu section with your own.

Cheers!

I cant download AppleHDA.kext.

I got the same error:

"The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

Can you upload your AppleHDA.kext. to another service?

Guys,

Do you have problem with usb devices after sleep?

I loose them if I wake up system using mouse (Razer Pro Click) or keyboard (chap USB flat keyboard). If I use power button to wake up system only keyboard is dead. I have to replug it to make it work again. If I use Apple Pro keyboard the keyboard works after power button wake up.

Is there any solution to this?

• 3 weeks later...
Guys,

Do you have problem with usb devices after sleep?

I loose them if I wake up system using mouse (Razer Pro Click) or keyboard (chap USB flat keyboard). If I use power button to wake up system only keyboard is dead. I have to replug it to make it work again. If I use Apple Pro keyboard the keyboard works after power button wake up.

Is there any solution to this?

Ciao, ho aggiunto il tuo dsdt nella prima pagina della guida.

Io con l'usb non ho problemi ma attualmente ho tastiera ps2 e mouse usb (proverò il riavvio da slepp col mouse ma mi sembra che funzioni) hai provato i nuovi driver generci per tastiere non apple di valv (se non erro), dovrebbero servire per far vedere tastiere non apple come tastiere apple e quindi farle funzoinare meglio...

ciao, ragazzi vorrei sottporvi il mio problema con la p5k con cross a p5kr

premesso che ha sempre funzionato tutto perfettamente, ieri ho aggiunto una dd2 800 da 2GB ai 2GB gia presenti

ora il mio SL 10.6.4 non si avvia piu si blocca sulla schermata

"

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 vectors 64:87

"

se rimuovo la memoria tutto riprende a funzionare normalmente...

da cosa potrebbe Dipendere??

ovviamente se faccio il boot dall'HD windows win7 funziona normalmente.

saluti a tutti

ciao, ragazzi vorrei sottporvi il mio problema con la p5k con cross a p5kr

premesso che ha sempre funzionato tutto perfettamente, ieri ho aggiunto una dd2 800 da 2GB ai 2GB gia presenti

ora il mio SL 10.6.4 non si avvia piu si blocca sulla schermata

"

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 vectors 64:87

"

se rimuovo la memoria tutto riprende a funzionare normalmente...

da cosa potrebbe Dipendere??

ovviamente se faccio il boot dall'HD windows win7 funziona normalmente.

saluti a tutti

Ok, mi rispondo da me... il problema era il BootLoader avevo la chamaleon v2 rc1 aggiornato con la versione postata in questo threed da scarx e tutto ha ripreso a funzionare, solo che ulteriore problema dei 4 core del Q6600 ne vede solo duee lo SLEEP/WAKE UP non va più..

in sleep rimane l'alimentatore acceso, se premo qualche tasto al wakeup la sheda video non viene configurata correttamente e non si avviano tutti gli HD

sono nelle vostre mani...

a presto

il sistema è:

SnowLeopard 10.6.4 (64bit kernel)

P5K cross to P5KR, Q6600 2,40Ghz, 2x2GB DDR2 800 kingston,HD1 sata 320GB (SnowLeopard),HD2 sata 1TB (STORAGE),HD3 sata 80GB (Mac BCK),HD4 Pata 200GB (Win7),DVD TSSTcorp SH-S222A Pata, Video GEFORCE 8400 250MB.

Ok, mi rispondo da me... il problema era il BootLoader avevo la chamaleon v2 rc1 aggiornato con la versione postata in questo threed da scarx e tutto ha ripreso a funzionare, solo che ulteriore problema dei 4 core del Q6600 ne vede solo duee lo SLEEP/WAKE UP non va più..

in sleep rimane l'alimentatore acceso, se premo qualche tasto al wakeup la sheda video non viene configurata correttamente e non si avviano tutti gli HD

a presto

il sistema è:

P5K cross to P5KR, Q6600 2,40Ghz, 2x2GB DDR2 800 kingston,HD1 sata 320GB (SnowLeopard),HD2 sata 1TB (STORAGE),HD3 sata 80GB (Mac BCK),HD4 Pata 200GB (Win7),DVD TSSTcorp SH-S222A Pata, Video GEFORCE 8400 250MB.

Prova il dsdt postato in fondo alla guida correto da bbiipp

questo e' il mio DSDT p5KR originale con Q6600 2.4Ghz - 4GB

Speedstep e sleep/wkae funzionante

(anzi va ancora meglio con OC a 3 Ghz)

provalo.

dsdt.aml.zip

a presto

il sistema è:

Ho preparato un installer per la mia P5KC,per P5K-e WiFi e per Zotac GF9300 WiFI ITX se volete provarlo

Selezionare SOLO UNA MoBo

non c'è bisogno di selezionare nessuna patch AppleHDA

servirà selezionarlo per gli aggiornamenti

Opzioni di chameleon non modificatele (boot0hfs è migliore)

I've made an installer if somebody want's to try it:

Just check ONE motherboard

there's no need to select any AppleHDA patch,

but it can be used to patch AppleHDA after an upgrade

Chameleon options leave default (boot0hfs is better)

Chameleon2RC5rev496

Need to be updated

Ho preparato un installer per la mia P5KC,per P5K-e WiFi e per Zotac GF9300 WiFI ITX se volete provarlo

Selezionare SOLO UNA MoBo

non c'è bisogno di selezionare nessuna patch AppleHDA

servirà selezionarlo per gli aggiornamenti

Opzioni di chameleon non modificatele (boot0hfs è migliore)

I've made an installer if somebody want's to try it:

Just check ONE motherboard

there's no need to select any AppleHDA patch,

but it can be used to patch AppleHDA after an upgrade

Chameleon options leave default (boot0hfs is better)

Does this chameleon version have automatic C and P states generation?

Does this chameleon version have automatic C and P states generation?

Yes it's one of the last revision from trunk.

But use it carefully it's not tested a lot, it's more an experiment.

USe it on usb drive or test partition to avoid problem

But soon i'll upgrade the guide and make an installer specific for this mobo.