ATI HD framebuffer driver (10.5/10.6) with source code

dong

900 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Dont know if im just being an idiot (probably), I am very very very new to OS X, I have 10.6.4, with a ATI mobility 3400 series DeviceID=0x95c4.

I cannot get the OS to pickup the card, under the system profiler I just get "chipset model = unknown"

My resolution is stuck at 1024x768, this is a Hp EliteBook 6930P.

I apologize if this has been asked before but could not find it in "english" written anywhere in this post. :):D:( :( :( :(

Hey Guys,

Dont know if im just being an idiot (probably), I am very very very new to OS X, I have 10.6.4, with a ATI mobility 3400 series DeviceID=0x95c4.

I cannot get the OS to pickup the card, under the system profiler I just get "chipset model = unknown"

My resolution is stuck at 1024x768, this is a Hp EliteBook 6930P.

I apologize if this has been asked before but could not find it in "english" written anywhere in this post. :(:):(:(:(:(

for you and all others seeking help with radeonhd :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=229514

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Great work!

I'm using RadeonHD on 10.6.4, Thinkpad T60p with (PITA) firegl V5250/x1700 @ 1680x1050.

It is in S/L/E, I'm not capable of loading it from E/E.

Everything working, CI/QE provided by patched ATIRadeonX1000.Kext (with Dev.id 0x71d41002).

If I use unpatched, mouse cursor don't show up (Totally invisible).

Monitor mirroring (on external LCD through analog VGA) is giving me "psychadelic" effect on internal screen when both are enabled.

External is working well @ 1280x1024.

This happens if:

I start up with the two enabled (opened lid + external VGA)

I start up w/ closed lid and open it at a later time

When I close the lid (the laptop enters sleep) and I reopen it, the internal is black (backlight on) and image is normal on external LCD.

Somebody with the same experience?

EDIT: latest Graphic Update makes mouse cursor disappear completely. It's probably a problem of ATIRadeonX1000.kext

A problem of the installer, now all working fine (except mirroring)

Hi again, I was able to install radeonhd10.6 and when boots my screen goes black, I gave put the backlight to 0 and still happens the same, I did boot from a linux livecd and did run get-edit, and below the information I got. My Question is, what do a add to my EDID data area? in pinfo.list ?

Performing real mode VBE call

Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f00 bx=0x0 cx=0x0

Function supported

Call successful

VBE version 300

VBE string at 0xc01ec "ATI ATOMBIOS"

VBE/DDC service about to be called

Report DDC capabilities

Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f15 bx=0x0 cx=0x0

Function supported

Call successful

Monitor and video card combination does not support DDC1 transfers

Monitor and video card combination supports DDC2 transfers

0 seconds per 128 byte EDID block transfer

Screen is not blanked during DDC transfer

Reading next EDID block

VBE/DDC service about to be called

Read EDID

Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f15 bx=0x1 cx=0x0

Function supported

hello im new to mac osx BUT i know how to install a kext and i moded the kexts that was in the first post and now i get full resolution on my laptop ATi HD 2600 Mobility Radeon external screen

im on hazards install and it worked but iatkos s3 didnt work i got a white screen of death .. so im on hazards 10.6.2 and everything but wifi and this screen problem works .

is there a kexts that will make my laptops screen work ? and i dont understand the "code"

i had to mod the kexts that dong made so that it had 0 set as the backlight and false on the hardwarecursor

and now my external screen gives me full resolution.. but the internal* screen isnt working ..

can anyone help me please ?

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9581

Hi.

I have an HD 3200 256 M onboard (MB M3A78-EM).

I installed Mac OS X 10.6.3 Retail and am using the RadeonHD.kext (RadeonHD.10.6.x.kext.zip - [05/26/2010 update]).

1920x1080x32 resolution, however:

Can not view a file (eg. Jpg).

I can not watch a video (audio only).

Is that right?

Could anyone help me with a summary of the current state of HD 3200rodado under Mac OS X?

Thank you very much ...

els1952.

Tks Bobert01 and friends.

You mean:

1) With a (Radeon HD 2400 or Radeon HD 2600 Pro or Radeon HD 2600 XT) is possible to run slideshow (photos) and video (small)?

2) The HD 3200 can run applications such editors, spreadsheet, or applications that require no videos.

Thanks.

els1952

:)

hi

i have a brand new dell xps 1647 with a ati radeon hd4670. still not installed osx86, but i relize that ill have problems.

as far as i know, the card is supported since the new imacs have the same. the main problem will be that they use displayport as the main output. the dell uses lvds, that happens to be disabled by apple kexts. so, in theory, if you hook a monitor to displayport (available in dell xps 1647) you'll get accellerated video.

regarding the radeonhd kext. it is possible to enable the lvds output? can the randr function from the linux source be used? im not an expert, but im able to do some mods and tests. i have a working macbook pro with xcode on osx 16.4.

all download the source and setup the project in xcode.

any help appreciated!!!

hi

i have a brand new dell xps 1647 with a ati radeon hd4670. still not installed osx86, but i relize that ill have problems.

as far as i know, the card is supported since the new imacs have the same. the main problem will be that they use displayport as the main output. the dell uses lvds, that happens to be disabled by apple kexts. so, in theory, if you hook a monitor to displayport (available in dell xps 1647) you'll get accellerated video.

I believe you will be able to get it work with external monitor if you connected using display port.

regarding the radeonhd kext. it is possible to enable the lvds output? can the randr function from the linux source be used? im not an expert, but im able to do some mods and tests. i have a working macbook pro with xcode on osx 16.4.

You can enable the internal monitor using RadeonHD.kext. If ATIRadeonX2000.kext doesn't caused kernel panic, you might be able to get QE/CI working.

some news here!!!! finally got snow installed in my dell xps 1647 core i5 430m radeon 4670m. used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] supported

voooodoHDA for audio

no ethernet yet

in the video section:

removed everithyng that says ati. installed radeonHD. removed graphicsEnabler from com.apple.Boot.plist

so it booted gently in normal mode. but resolution stuck at 1024x768.

i tried to boot with ATIRadeonx2000.kext from snowleopard 10.6.4 . it booted but the screen showed all messed up, but no Kernel Panic at least!!!!!

checked from screen share from my macbook pro and i got the descktop an everything working.

my questions:

would be posible to tweak radeonHD to get native acceleration and quartz?

how do i enable native resolution(1600x900)

if someone needs som debug data please let me know and ill post asap!

when i get the machine all working as its best will make a guide with everything

great job guys!!!!

removed everithyng that says ati. installed radeonHD. removed graphicsEnabler from com.apple.Boot.plist

This is typical. Why don't you tried RadeonHD.kext with all ATI kext installed. If you get kernel panic, you only need to removed/backup ATIRadeonX2000.kext & ATI4x00Controller.kext (substitute "x" with any number related to your GPU model).

so it booted gently in normal mode. but resolution stuck at 1024x768.

RadeonHD.kext only support 32bit mode. Make sure boot with arch=i386.

i tried to boot with ATIRadeonx2000.kext from snowleopard 10.6.4 . it booted but the screen showed all messed up, but no Kernel Panic at least!!!!!

Of course because you only restored one ATI kext file.

well, as far as i know, the atiradeonx2000.kext is the accelerator for this card. and the ATI4600Controller.kext i suppose is lihe the radeonHD. i dont really understand yet how it works.

looking arround in system profiler i found an item that says graphgic card is using motmot. is radeonHD based in motmot?

anyway, how do i enable native resolution?

well, as far as i know, the atiradeonx2000.kext is the accelerator for this card. and the ATI4600Controller.kext i suppose is lihe the radeonHD. i dont really understand yet how it works.

To get acceleration on your graphic card, it require Apple's framebuffer & won't work with RadeonHD.

anyway, how do i enable native resolution?

Did you already boot in 32bit mode?

i`ve checked that in pcie section of profile shows that the framebuffer for the ati radeon hd4670 is motmot.

i boot in 32bit mode.

i thought that the radeonhd was a framebuffer replacement. and since it didnt KP with atiradeonx2000.kext, somehow they where working along.

now back with the urgent. how do i enable native resolution? should i include EDID in radeonHD?

no much news here!! stuck with 1024x768. included EDID in info.plist extracted from windows 7 with a software called softMCCS, but no change.

what should i try? apart from this, everything is working exept intel wifi of course!!

audio

ethernet

trackpad

any help appreciated!

how could i check if radeonHD is being loaded? i've checked every log in console and extensions en profiler, but none shows radeonHD

how do i use radeondump, i enabled debug in user options but if i type radeondump in terminal nothig happens

how could i check if radeonHD is being loaded? i've checked every log in console and extensions en profiler, but none shows radeonHD

This means RadeonHD is not loaded. Try rebuild Extension cache. Or you can just do like this; move RadeonHD.kext from S/L/E to Desktop, reboot, copy RadeonHD.kext from Desktop to S/L/E, repair permissions using Disk Utility & reboot.

removed radeonHD, reinstalled, repaired permissions.

radeonHD doesnt show in extensions loaded. in system profiler, pci cards sections shows ATY, motmot.

still stuck with 1024x768

none ati kext from apple loaded

no graphics enabler in com.apple.boot.plist

which way to go?