[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

Hello! Have this mobo and have problems with your script:

Using USB HDD via method #2 retail dmg was successfully loaded on my hdd (using script menu 15, then was choosed this drive, video strings, etc)

after reboot system don't starting with plugged drive, if drive isn't plugged - system boot's normally. I'd tested with another drive - problem is the same. And I'd updated my BIOS with F12. Link located on first page of this thread

Any advice? How to boot up and install os x?

Your having the same issues that the 3 other of us have had with the USB/Gigabyte system. For whatever reason, the boot-loader that is created on step 15 on the USB drive doesn't work with the setups we have. What you need to do, is a few simple steps. Use the script option #2 to choose r115 release of chameleon, allow script to erase and recreate /Extra, then take files from original /Extra and merge them into the new /Extra overwriting any files that are the same.

steps:

#1. boot back into your working OSX, or startup environment, make sure your install drive made with step 15 isnt plugged in until your old/startup osx has booted. Once it is booted, access the hackintosh installer script, re-run it. Choose the drive made in step 15, copy the /Extra from your system mad with step 15, then with the script use step 2 and re-install a different boot-loader, cham2 r115 works great, and when it asks if you want to overwrite the existing /Extra choose YES (you want to overwrite /Extra.). Once the new boot-loader is installed to your step #15 disk, then "combine" the contents of the saved Extra with the new one step 2 created. YOU have to take the original step 15 /Extra and file by file "replace" and add to the new /Extra (I say it this way, because if you just drag and drop /Extra, unlike windows which will combine them just overwriting existing files, OSX will find the conflict, erase the ENTIRE /Extra and copy the old one, you need to merge the two with priority going to the original step #15 Extra, I always just drop to terminal and do a mv ~/Desktop/Extra /Volumes/OS X Install DVD/ and this way it will merge rather than clobber, o'well, I might have tried to make it too simple and made a mess out of it, but if you have questions, just read back on pages 150-155 or so, 2 other users plus myself will describe the issue (although ours is with a Memory stick) but a USB HDD is the same thing.

SD

Hello! Have this mobo and have problems with your script:

Using USB HDD via method #2 retail dmg was successfully loaded on my hdd (using script menu 15, then was choosed this drive, video strings, etc)

after reboot system don't starting with plugged drive, if drive isn't plugged - system boot's normally. I'd tested with another drive - problem is the same. And I'd updated my BIOS with F12. Link located on first page of this thread

Any advice? How to boot up and install os x?

Help me, please.

I finally have a little internet access after two days...

From the main script menu:

Select #9 Modify plists and EFI strings

From the Plist Selector:

Select the drive that contains the desired boot plist

From the Plist Editor:

Select Add a EFI string by entering "S"

From the device-properties menu:

Select Graphics for nVidia by entering "2"

Select your graphics card name, followed by any other options (if required), like video memory specs, etc.

Simple, right? :)

MAJ

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I've just got my hackintosh triple boot running using the ex58-ud5, i7 920, Nvidia 480 GTX.

I have everything working except for 2 things.

1. No sound

2. Monitor doesn't wake from sleep (the system spins up but the monitor never kicks back in)

I installed 10.6.3 from DVD using Nawcom swapdisk.

Installed 10.6.6 combo

Ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Ran HackInstaller (#1)

Installed bootloader #5 (new empire efi I think, this is from memory as I'm at work).

Installed preboot.dmg from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] supported.

Reboot without swapdisk

Ran TonyMac's Nvidea update

Reboot

Installed iobluetoothfamily kexts from 10.6.3 to get my magic mouse to work

Installed the sleepenabler.kext from the 10.6.6 update note on the 1st post

Reboot

So it's a perfectly useable system, I just have no sound.

The sleep issue is less of an issue as I have just disabled sleep in the power saving options but it would be nice to have it working.

Seeing as this is my first hackintosh I thought I would ask some advice from those more experienced.

So could someone point me in the right direction to getting these working.

Thanks.

I finally have a little internet access after two days...

From the main script menu:

Select #9 Modify plists and EFI strings

From the Plist Selector:

Select the drive that contains the desired boot plist

From the Plist Editor:

Select Add a EFI string by entering "S"

From the device-properties menu:

Select Graphics for nVidia by entering "2"

Select your graphics card name, followed by any other options (if required), like video memory specs, etc.

Simple, right? :D

MAJ

Thanks, Digital_Dreamer

Can you show me some "main screen menu" pictures, please ? From "Gooogle-search" ...

I'm affraid i don't know what are you talkin' about.

When i try to install SL, all i have is the black background with those white letters.

No "main screen manu"

:P

Why are you using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]? You should be able to get your system running using the script that this topic is associated with? I finally have up trying to use this DDST and that DDST, and from a skelton system created a USB boot install (step 15 in the script) and then re-installed using said installer. Ran through the steps like the first page talks about, and ended up with a stable 10.6.6 system (something 10 or 11 attempts upgrading a working 10.6.4 continued to fail). I would suggest that you try that. The audio option is linked to the DDST and using the script will take care of that, as will the monitor sleep/system sleep (with sleepenabler.kext). The only thing you might need to tweak with in the video card, but you should be able to get your system up, and then polish the video card into the setup, but you can even use the script to edit your plists (boot plist), add efi string, choose nvidia, and you'll find your card listed right in it, it will generate the efi injection all by the script. Dont see a single reason to be messing with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (Im sure it has its place, but with what you have for hardware, your just adding to the mess from using different procedures mixed together).

Thats my advice at least, and Im no expert, but everything works on mine, and except for the issue of 10.6.4 to 10.6.6 (probally something I did anyway), my system's been up for over 2 years now with no random kernel panics or random crashes at all. Its as reliable as the iMac it replaced....btw, my magic mouse worked without adding any kexts. right out of the box (as soon as 10.6.x update that enabled it, using dlink dbt-120 BT dongle).

give it a try at least I suggest.

my extra kexts:

fakesmc

HDAEnabler

IONetowrkingFamily

LegacyHDA

NullCPUPowerManagement

SleepEnabler

DDST created from scripts option #7. Everything works....

Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Mozo bootloader

-SD

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I've just got my hackintosh triple boot running using the ex58-ud5, i7 920, Nvidia 480 GTX.

I have everything working except for 2 things.

1. No sound

2. Monitor doesn't wake from sleep (the system spins up but the monitor never kicks back in)

I installed 10.6.3 from DVD using Nawcom swapdisk.

Installed 10.6.6 combo

Ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Ran HackInstaller (#1)

Installed bootloader #5 (new empire efi I think, this is from memory as I'm at work).

Installed preboot.dmg from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] supported.

Reboot without swapdisk

Ran TonyMac's Nvidea update

Reboot

Installed iobluetoothfamily kexts from 10.6.3 to get my magic mouse to work

Installed the sleepenabler.kext from the 10.6.6 update note on the 1st post

Reboot

So it's a perfectly useable system, I just have no sound.

The sleep issue is less of an issue as I have just disabled sleep in the power saving options but it would be nice to have it working.

Seeing as this is my first hackintosh I thought I would ask some advice from those more experienced.

So could someone point me in the right direction to getting these working.

Thanks.

To be honest, I ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] because it said to on the update page.

I didn't know any better.

I've just installed HDAEnabler and legacyHDA kexts from the Hackinstaller folder. Hopefully that'll get the audio working.

Thanks

I spent the last 2 days trying to iron out this guid 00000000 message, lots of people guessing, lots of people thinking its DSDT entries (but no one hearing that the fw was working, hot plug-able, EVERY feature working) so it wasn't the same as the power issue, or any of those, I noticed that my mac pro has a ti2213 chipset in it, the same as this card. but I noticed that we also have a namebrand SIIG fw800 card in my office, It also has a ti2213 chipset, so I swapped them, the SIIG card has a GUID 00000008b000002 or something like that, and it loads just like the other card, except it says a valid guid and reports it to console, and then stops talking about it, where as the other card worked 100% but reported every 5 secs about the invalid 000000000000000 guid to console. So I guess the no-name cheap card just enough different that it complains, but the $50.00 SIIG works great, maybe its something that has to be done to each card as they come off the line, and to cut money, the cheap company (it was in a orange box, called "Best Connectivity") just doesn't do it because its cheap? i dont know, anyways, problem solved.

I've been following the post's reply's for the last couple of weeks, and even started reading from where I left off back when I installed 10.6. So I apologize if its been asked and my search choice/combo of words isn't flagging it. But here is my question, as I start to add my pulled hardware back into the machine to test each piece, should I be re-running the scripts DDST routines? I would assume that a card being added, or memory being added I should be re-running it?

I also noticed during a verbose boot (and remembered that It was doing it before but I gave up on worrying about it because it didn't affect anything), but with the pci/e firewire card I get LOTS of these in my log files

2/1/11 1:09:33 PM kernel FireWire GUID 0000000000000000 is invalid!

Also, one guy back was asking how I put this card into my machine because on his pcie/1 slot it hit the cooler die, I just realized that even though its a pcie/1 lane card, I have it in the pcie/4 lane slot. Hope that helps.

Couple quick questions generally related to this Gigabyte UD5 board.

a) I put Corsair XMS3 6 GB PC3-12800 1600MHz 240-Pin DDR3 Tri-Channel memory into it back when I built it (along with a 920 i7). The Bios is reading that memory at 1066mhz-- am I missing something? Do you have to actually tweak bios settings to get the memory to run at its advertised speed of 1600mhz?

:censored2: I'm looking at upgrading my GeForce GTS 250 to a GTX 460. Looks like the latest script has an EFI string for this card, so I just want to confirm the steps in swapping out the hardware:

- re-enable the Graphics Enabler (I removed this once I got my EFI string for the GTS 250 going);

- remove the string for the GTS 250

- power down, swap the hardware out

- reboot, run the script again to install the GTX 480 EFI string.

Am I missing anything? Any concerns I should have with this card?

EDIT: Here's a more specific question-- when I bought my GTS 250, one of the factors deciding WHICH one to get hinged on the outputs on the back of the card. It seems that cards that were anything other than two DVI outputs had problems (maybe just with things like sleeping properly, but problems nonetheless). Do I need to still try to stay as OEM as possible -- two DVI outs and nothing else? Any recommended cards?)

EDIT 2: so, I just fired up a game in Steam (Left for Dead 2) and notice that I'm pretty much not getting 3D acceleration in game. IE, in Win7 I play at full res (1920X1200) and everything runs smooth-- in Snow Leopard, it defaults to some 900x600 resolution and even that doesn't play that smooth.

As mentioned above I'm just using an EFI string. Do I need to install separate nvidia drivers to get 3d acceleration in games? What risk does this pose to my install? (I'd back it up first, for sure) Or am I SOL? (not a biggie... can just reboot into Win7 for games if needs be, but it'd be handy to be able to play in OS X).

EDIT 3: I guess it'd have to be an officially supported card (ie one available on Macs) to get proper drivers... heh. Perhaps I am SOL for gaming with this card or even the 460. Too bad the selection of cards made for Mac is so sparse. Sorry for rambling, folks.

rumz: I don't know about the 460 (though it seems that there is at least experimental support for it), but the gts 250 is, as far as I know, just a rebranded 9800 gtx+, which is the same card I have and with which I have no problem running some pretty graphic intense games (including running Dragon Age through Parallels).

I don't know why you would prefer to use an EFI string instead of Graphics Enabler, though I don't see how it could cause your problem.

And regarding the outputs: My card has one dvi, one hdmi and one s-video connector and they seem to work fine. Though my stupid display thinks it's a tv if I use dvi (limiting it to 1080p) so I have to use Apples dvi to vga adapter to get 1920x1200.

Hi DD. Long time user of the script, and it has been an invaluable tool. I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I was having problems using the Plist editor when I was trying to enable C-states and P-states for the new Chameleon RC5. Under the script, I was using the "enable c-states" and "enable p-states" = yes options to use this part of Chameleon. With these options in my com.apple.Boot.plist, I was not able to get this functionality working. After removing them, I finally realized that I had to manually enter "generateCstates" and "generatePstates" = yes before it would work under Chameleon-RC5. I wasn't sure if that was your intention for these commands in the Plist editor, so please ignore this comment if it wasn't. I'm certainly no expert here.

rumz: I don't know about the 460 (though it seems that there is at least experimental support for it), but the gts 250 is, as far as I know, just a rebranded 9800 gtx+, which is the same card I have and with which I have no problem running some pretty graphic intense games (including running Dragon Age through Parallels).

I don't know why you would prefer to use an EFI string instead of Graphics Enabler, though I don't see how it could cause your problem.

And regarding the outputs: My card has one dvi, one hdmi and one s-video connector and they seem to work fine. Though my stupid display thinks it's a tv if I use dvi (limiting it to 1080p) so I have to use Apples dvi to vga adapter to get 1920x1200.

hey,

Thanks for the reply. I guess the question is, are you running one monitor or two? Wondering if that's what made the difference.

Actually I think I just killed my GTS 250. I was in Win7 playing Left for Dead 2, and shortly after exiting the game, I went to update another program and my monitors went to sleep. Now I don't even get a video signal at post-- so it's not a problem with my installs. I've power cycled several times and only got the machine to boot once since then-- booted into Win7, which it lasted for about 20 seconds before the displays went to sleep again. The fan is spinning up and down kinda funny on the GTS 250, too. Really odd. My hackintosh is now a giant paperweight.

Anyways, thanks for the info. Now I need to think about getting possibly another card that has more standard support than the GTX 460. How about an ATI 5770? What flag do I need to enter at the boot screen to get safe mode to change / update my system for a different graphics card? I can use the script to install Chameleon 2 RC5, no?

rumz: Nope, just the one. Would be nice with two, but I a) don't really *need* it, and :) can't buy a decent monitor where I live now (Mongolia), at least not for a decent price.

Thanks to Spaces and Exposé, I have a pretty smooth workflow going.

Regarding graphics cards: I've heard good things about 5870, considering Apple uses that card in Mac Pro. I think with the latest chameleon 2 rc5 it might actually work ootb, though you shouldn't take my word for it (haven't researched it, just seem to remember reading something about it).

rumz: Nope, just the one. Would be nice with two, but I a) don't really *need* it, and :) can't buy a decent monitor where I live now (Mongolia), at least not for a decent price.

Thanks to Spaces and Exposé, I have a pretty smooth workflow going.

Regarding graphics cards: I've heard good things about 5870, considering Apple uses that card in Mac Pro. I think with the latest chameleon 2 rc5 it might actually work ootb, though you shouldn't take my word for it (haven't researched it, just seem to remember reading something about it).

FWIW I would try and stick with a card that has as near to native support as you can get. In my experience that steers you towards nvidia cards. There are quite a large selection of cards that will work out of the box with an GFX string or graphics enabler doing the injection.

Again just empirically I've observed that using 3rd party kexts to get ati cards working can cause more problems with os upgrades etc.

BTW my card is a Zotac Nvivida GTX285

hey,

Thanks for the reply. I guess the question is, are you running one monitor or two? Wondering if that's what made the difference.

Actually I think I just killed my GTS 250. I was in Win7 playing Left for Dead 2, and shortly after exiting the game, I went to update another program and my monitors went to sleep. Now I don't even get a video signal at post-- so it's not a problem with my installs. I've power cycled several times and only got the machine to boot once since then-- booted into Win7, which it lasted for about 20 seconds before the displays went to sleep again. The fan is spinning up and down kinda funny on the GTS 250, too. Really odd. My hackintosh is now a giant paperweight.

Anyways, thanks for the info. Now I need to think about getting possibly another card that has more standard support than the GTX 460. How about an ATI 5770? What flag do I need to enter at the boot screen to get safe mode to change / update my system for a different graphics card? I can use the script to install Chameleon 2 RC5, no?

It sucks that it died, but just for the sake of informing you, I have a 250 GTS too and I have played some Steam games on it with no problems whatsoever. I installed the Nvidia drivers (and CUDA for Premiere CS5) and I use an EFI string. I'm not sure if I had the Nvidia drivers installed already before I started playing Steam but somehow it works here. Maybe the problems you encountered were some kind of sign that your 250 GTS was about to die? :o Windows was just too dumb too notice it ;) but Mac OSX did...

BTW my card is a Zotac Nvivida GTX285

So graphics string does the trick for your 285 even though it's not technically a model Apple supports? I thought about getting another 250 (not many available these days), but I figured if I could spend a few more and upgrade I'd give it a shot. Who knows-- if the 5770 that I just got doesn't fly, I might be getting another 250. We'll find out shortly.

It sucks that it died, but just for the sake of informing you, I have a 250 GTS too and I have played some Steam games on it with no problems whatsoever. I installed the Nvidia drivers (and CUDA for Premiere CS5) and I use an EFI string. I'm not sure if I had the Nvidia drivers installed already before I started playing Steam but somehow it works here. Maybe the problems you encountered were some kind of sign that your 250 GTS was about to die? :) Windows was just too dumb too notice it :censored2: but Mac OSX did...

Interesting-- no I never installed any drivers / software for the card, just relied on whatever drivers or kexts came with DD's script and Vanilla OS X Leopard / Snow Leopard. Didn't really have a chance to try before my card died, sadly.

I'm prepping another install of Snow Leopard so that I can have a sandbox to play in without wrecking a good install, see if I can get a 5770 going w/ 3d acceleration in Steam. Thanks for the input on those CUDA drivers, though! May come in handy if I revert to buying another GTS 250 (or an nVidia card in general).

Update: Well I popped a Saphire 5770 Vapor-X in, and sure enough, I have video again. Prior to putting the card in, I plugged my drive into my Mac Pro at work, removed the GTS 250 string, turned on graphics enabler, and used the script to install the version of Chameleon 2 RC5 that was included with the script.

I'm now in the "black screen and fans power up super high" KP club, haha. This should be fun sorting this out.

I did also create a fresh install of SL on a separate drive (expecting to need to tinker), but I haven't had a chance to play with that yet (that one includes the ATY_init kext, while my old install does not).

We'll see how much patience I have :) if I run out, I may just have to suck it up and buy another 200 series nVidia card.

So graphics string does the trick for your 285 even though it's not technically a model Apple supports? I thought about getting another 250 (not many available these days), but I figured if I could spend a few more and upgrade I'd give it a shot. Who knows-- if the 5770 that I just got doesn't fly, I might be getting another 250. We'll find out shortly.

Wrong, the GTX 285 is a card that apple stocks, it was even an option you could choose when ordering a macPro 4.1. It worked OOB with 10.5 but you needed to download drivers for it either from apple or Nvidia inorder to get quartzExtreme and openCL to work. In the absence of EFi Strings or graphics enabler in the bootplist, you wil make it to the desktop with minimal video resolution.

The card amongst others and plus some ATI cards (even your 5770) are even listed in the Snow Leopard technical specifications under OpenCL. Here is the link. http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html. Like I always suggested when buying components for a hack, do the reasearch and buy a compatible components, in the end it saves you a lot of hassle. In my honest opinion, I prefer nvidia, ATI needs too much work to get it working 100%

Hope you found this post useful.. :D

Cheers

Charles

Update: Well I popped a Saphire 5770 Vapor-X in, and sure enough, I have video again. Prior to putting the card in, I plugged my drive into my Mac Pro at work, removed the GTS 250 string, turned on graphics enabler, and used the script to install the version of Chameleon 2 RC5 that was included with the script.

I'm now in the "black screen and fans power up super high" KP club, haha. This should be fun sorting this out.

Unlike other ATi cards, 5770 seems to be a pain in the neck, I hope you find a solution for it.

Hi,

Could do with a bit of help.

I'm running 10.6.2 which works very well.

Had an issue with sleepenabler when updating to 6.2 from the previous - didnt remove it prior to updating.

Managed to fix it but that was pretty involved and I don't fancy doing it all again.

I need to update to 10.6.6 so I can use the magic trackpad and have a gander at the App store - but I'm being very cautious about doing so.

My question is (cos I can't remember how I did it previously) - where do I locate the sleepenabler kext so I can remove it prior to updating?

Or is there another way?

Thanks

You'll need to change the pmVersion=X in boot plist to pmVersion=21; also from the hackintosh script folder, you need to replace the sneepenabler.kext in the "Kexts_10.6/Misc_Patches" with the 10.6.5/10.6.6 version, then rerun the script and re-do the kext install/cache steps.

Check the first page for the link to the new SleepEnabler.kext, pretty simply actually.

Hi,

Had an issue with sleepenabler when updating to 6.2 from the previous - didnt remove it prior to updating.

Managed to fix it but that was pretty involved and I don't fancy doing it all again.

I need to update to 10.6.6 so I can use the magic trackpad and have a gander at the App store - but I'm being very cautious about doing so.

My question is (cos I can't remember how I did it previously) - where do I locate the sleepenabler kext so I can remove it prior to updating?

Or is there another way?

Thanks

You'll need to change the pmVersion=X in boot plist to pmVersion=21; also from the hackintosh script folder, you need to replace the sneepenabler.kext in the "Kexts_10.6/Misc_Patches" with the 10.6.5/10.6.6 version, then rerun the script and re-do the kext install/cache steps.

Check the first page for the link to the new SleepEnabler.kext, pretty simply actually.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still confused - seemed a lot simpler previously for some reason.

Contents of com.appl.boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386 -v</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Apple_Alu_Boot</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Do I just add the pmversion = 21 to this?

I think I understand now about the script folder kext being replaced - the one I have downloaded now seems to have the updated kext already there - in which case just running the script should sort it all out - yes?

Appreciate the help - took a hiatus from hackintoshing and now floundering once again.

Hi DD. Long time user of the script, and it has been an invaluable tool. I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I was having problems using the Plist editor when I was trying to enable C-states and P-states for the new Chameleon RC5. Under the script, I was using the "enable c-states" and "enable p-states" = yes options to use this part of Chameleon. With these options in my com.apple.Boot.plist, I was not able to get this functionality working. After removing them, I finally realized that I had to manually enter "generateCstates" and "generatePstates" = yes before it would work under Chameleon-RC5. I wasn't sure if that was your intention for these commands in the Plist editor, so please ignore this comment if it wasn't. I'm certainly no expert here.

Thank you for pointing that out! That was lack of oversight on my part. It's now corrected and will be part of the next release.

Hi,

Or is there another way?

Thanks

Easiest way: Using pmVersion=0 at boot time will always disable Sleepenabler.

Less easy: You can do the above or remove Sleepenabler from your install prior to the Software Update by either:

1. Moving the Sleepenabler.kext in the script's Kexts folder to the _repository folder and running Kext/Kernel installer, or

2. Deleting the Sleepenabler.kext from your Extra/_Kexts_For_Extra_Cache folder and running Update Boot Cache.

MA

EDIT:

d.mcconnell,

Add the "pmVersion" string to the following string you quoted above.

It should look like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386 -v pmVersion=21</string>

(The number 21 is for the latest Sleepenabler.kext and the latest software update 10.6.6)

Kernel flags can be added in any order. There are three in the string now, "arch=i386", "-v", and "pmVersion=21".

If there are spaces in any of the flags, and there are none here, they should be wrapped in quotes like, "Boot Graphics"="Yes"

DD did a better job of describing it for you, obviously he has more experience explaning how:to's.

Just so you know, the pmVersion= is specific for the update you are at, ie: pmVersion=0 disables it.

pmVersion=20 was for 10.6.4

pmVersion=19 was for 10.6.3

21 happens to be for both 10.6.5 and 10.6.6 however.. :)

you can use DD's script to edit your boot plist, or a text editor, or ever easier, go and download the property list editor from apple, I know the text editor is faster, but I use the gui from apples dev site.

-SD

Thanks for the reply. I'm still confused - seemed a lot simpler previously for some reason.

Contents of com.appl.boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Apple_Alu_Boot</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Do I just add the pmversion = 21 to this?

I think I understand now about the script folder kext being replaced - the one I have downloaded now seems to have the updated kext already there - in which case just running the script should sort it all out - yes?

Appreciate the help - took a hiatus from hackintoshing and now floundering once again.

Thank you very much - DD and SD, will give it a whirl tonight :-)

EDIt

Followed the above advice - step 1 as couldnt locate sleepenabler.kext in extras

Updated boot.plist with info

rebboted into a KP

tried boot flags with pmVersion=0 and 21 - no avail, still KP although it goes into a long loop at that point

Have back-up so will copy across again and see where I can pick it up from...