Booting Snow Leopard Retail in 3 easy steps!

kdetech

113 posts in this topic

@noone9 just want to say it's great of you to help everyone out. I'm sure everyone really appreciates it :D

How can I use this if I need to use a flash drive and not a cd??? ( my optical drive not working)

I have SL restored to a 8GB flash drive ( just need to get it to boot )

Also have a 1GB flash for any other file I may need.....

Thanks in advance

Vaio laptop

gma950

intel core solo

Could having snow leo upgrade and full version make a world of difference when using boot 132. i ask because according to apple tiger users have to buy the boxed set and do a clean install where as leopard users can just upgrade? I am trying to download the boxed set now to see if that plays a part.

Also has anyone tried on a p45 mb i read that p45 board are good for snow leopard? Could you post you success or fail?

@noone9 just want to say it's great of you to help everyone out. I'm sure everyone really appreciates it :)

How can I use this if I need to use a flash drive and not a cd??? ( my optical drive not working)

I have SL restored to a 8GB flash drive ( just need to get it to boot )

Also have a 1GB flash for any other file I may need.....

Thanks in advance

Vaio laptop

gma950

intel core solo

For boot-132 method for usb you need to be able to format it as Fat-32

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115064

and it isn't able to boot dvd's if i remember correctly.

For boot-132 method for usb you need to be able to format it as Fat-32

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115064

and it isn't able to boot dvd's if i remember correctly.

okay, I just need it to boot SL that I have on my other flash drive..... will it boot a flash drive?

EDIT:

I don't have a working DVD drive or windows installed ;(

Does the latest INTEL cd work okay for anybody?

I boot off the cd and right before the Darwin boot prompt, I get an error about some file not found.. but it's only for a split second.

But anyway, back to this boot prompt.. is this where I enter my SL dvd and then hit enter?

Does the latest INTEL cd work okay for anybody?

I boot off the cd and right before the Darwin boot prompt, I get an error about some file not found.. but it's only for a split second.

But anyway, back to this boot prompt.. is this where I enter my SL dvd and then hit enter?

I had the same what board do you have p35 or p45

I am attempting to edit both the boot-132 v2.iso and the boot-132(intel).iso and both do not let me mount the initrd.img and edit them, is this just a problem that I have, or do others have the same thing happening?

tried 9 different times to create my own boot 132 but i get stuck at certain point and screw up. I guess i'll wait

but thank for the hard work on the boot 132 i was closer than ever before your disc. Thanks again :)

Anybody getting the error when following SuperHai's method running hdiutil: "_CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host." This happens if I'm attaching, detaching or resizing. Can't build ISO because it hangs forever.

Googled for a fix. Didn't find any. Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Hey everyone!

Like many people, after using the BOOT-132 I get a black screen with my CD drive not reading snow leopard...

Also another question, I'm currently running Leopard 10.5.8 and was wondering:

When i attempt to install snow leopard in 10.5.8 itself, it has to reboot during installation, then i insert my boot cd and it boots into leopard 10.5.8 but the snow leopard installation doesn't continue..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

I also get the black screen soon after putting in the SL DVD. I've got intel 950 graphics built in could this be the reason? It shows the 945 chipset when booting from the first disk. Also at least a few people are using the 945 chipset with Intel 950 graphics. Looking forward to seeing if there's anyway to get this to work. thanks

I also get the black screen soon after putting in the SL DVD. I've got intel 950 graphics built in could this be the reason? It shows the 945 chipset when booting from the first disk. Also at least a few people are using the 945 chipset with Intel 950 graphics. Looking forward to seeing if there's anyway to get this to work. thanks

you are lucky, this boot-132 cd will work for you

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=54988

Thanks for the quick posting of the file. Sadly it doesn't work.

It doesn't show my graphics chip info like the other ones. It also quickly goes to a black screen with a blinking - . When i insert the DVD nothing happens and I can't input anything either. thanks for trying.

I have a 975x chipset. With leopard the only thing I need to install is apple azalia audio and applesmbiosefi with a vanilla kernel and then once i'm loaded I use EFI studio to add the efi strings for my 9800gtx and then I have 100% functionality.

However I haven't ever had any luck with boot132. Maybe i'll give it another go with SL and see what happens.