Snow Leopard works in GA-965P-S3

moarfish

332 posts in this topic

@ Parwo.

Got the Behringer UCA222 and it works well, although I only have Logitech Z680 so I don't have a direct option only Dolby Movie/Music. It seems to be working with 5.1 though.

@leclercqr:

My UCA222 is making a noticeable bit of noise when playing back sounds. It also records (ahem) less than flawlessly. Are you having these same issues? I've tested the interface on my Mac Mini, and it works great, so the hardware itself is not the problem.

I am running an ASUS 1005ha hackbook with OS X 10.6.1.

I re-did my SL installation with kext and dsdt files from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1255132 , and upgraded to 10.6.1 without issue. Still have sound and no issue with sleep.

I upgrade to 10.6.3 with the same DSDT and kext files from earlier post. Everything work, but audio is gone when the machine is back from sleep. No issue with 10.6.2.

for all those guys who uses the optical out and shows hd film with DTS or DD

download xbmc

add your source

play a hd film

then go to the audio option

switsh to digital

no you have really DTS pass through ... enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I've finally got my sound working in 10.6.3. As mentioned before, you need the new SleepEnabler.

Put the attached kext in /S/L/E, and keep the original LegacyHDA kexts from Slither2008's kextpack in either /E/E OR /S/L/E. It looks like 8-channel is still there, though I haven't tested it as I only have a 2.0 sound system.

AppleHDA.kext_edited_FreakyChokra.zip

Hey all, I've finally got my sound working in 10.6.3. As mentioned before, you need the new SleepEnabler.

Put the attached kext in /S/L/E, and keep the original LegacyHDA kexts from Slither2008's kextpack in either /E/E OR /S/L/E. It looks like 8-channel is still there, though I haven't tested it as I only have a 2.0 sound system.

Are you using both LegacyHDA kexts and AppleHDA.kext_edited_FreakyChokra at the same time?

Thanks. What was the procedure did you do? Upgrade to 10.6.3, then add kexts, or the other way around?

You gotta change the SleepEnabler first, otherwise you'll KP (I forgot, and had to hook my hard drive to my laptop to swap it). The other kext should be swapped after, since if you replace the AppleHDA in /S/L/E first, it'll be replaced with the new one from 10.6.3, and you'll have to swap it again.

Did not work for me.

Hmm... It may be because you have the 965P-DS3, and I have the 965P-S3, though they both have the same audio chip, and that kext I found was in a thread about a different board. Try this one I attached; it's (I believe) the original untouched one from 10.6.2, and make sure it goes in /S/L/E, not /E/E. Also, make sure to run Kext Utility or whatever to recreate the kext cache.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Hmm... It may be because you have the 965P-DS3, and I have the 965P-S3, though they both have the same audio chip, and that kext I found was in a thread about a different board. Try this one I attached; it's (I believe) the original untouched one from 10.6.2, and make sure it goes in /S/L/E, not /E/E. Also, make sure to run Kext Utility or whatever to recreate the kext cache.

Thanks, the attached kext works. Will play with it some more.

Thank you again.

@leclercqr:

My UCA222 is making a noticeable bit of noise when playing back sounds. It also records (ahem) less than flawlessly. Are you having these same issues? I've tested the interface on my Mac Mini, and it works great, so the hardware itself is not the problem.

I am running an ASUS 1005ha hackbook with OS X 10.6.1.

I'm using it with my ASUS 1201N and it works pretty well, with my Logitech speakers I had some static more than usual when using Optical but it was the speakers not the Beringer.

Thanks everyone, this thread was a big help when I finally got a new video card and wanted to get SL up and running. I have everything working except on board sound. I use a SB Live External anyway that works great so haven't really put any effort into getting it working.

I am having one problem that is rather annoying...When I reboot (or shut down/restart) I lose all my BIOS settings. I have to go back into BIOS and first reset everything including using AHCI then reboot again and set my drive boot order. An annoyance but luckily I don't reboot much. Can anyone explain to me WHY this is happening though?

Thanks everyone, this thread was a big help when I finally got a new video card and wanted to get SL up and running. I have everything working except on board sound. I use a SB Live External anyway that works great so haven't really put any effort into getting it working.

I am having one problem that is rather annoying...When I reboot (or shut down/restart) I lose all my BIOS settings. I have to go back into BIOS and first reset everything including using AHCI then reboot again and set my drive boot order. An annoyance but luckily I don't reboot much. Can anyone explain to me WHY this is happening though?

Did you get CMOS checksum error? I use the dsdt file from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1255132 to resolve the problem.

Nope, no CMOS error. No error (that I can see) at all. The system just reboots and bam all my BIOS settings are reset to default. I know it's not the board though cause when I boot into 10.5 my setting stick after reboot and even after power down.

• 4 weeks later...
I did it yesterday on my GA-965p-DS3 rev 1.00. Need to get the new SleepEnable and re-apply the AppleHDA.kext from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1471910.

I just did the same thing. Works for me. Still a ton of sound assertions on my main SL installation, but on my test bed (same system) I don't get them. Must be some other kext conflicting...

Also, 10.6.4 fixed the problem with Photoshop CS3 where it wouldn't start in 10.6.3.

Hey guys Im having problem with my hackintosh these past couple of days. I have a harddisk that is 160gb that I can dual boot into windows 7 and mac osx. Its seems like ever since I updated recently on my windows 7 that things started to give me problems.

My osx seems like its geting more and more slower by the day. And these past couple of days sometimes just by browsing firefox the whole system will just hang and I have to restart my computer. Worst is when I restart and it cant detect my sata cable to the harddisk and I have to constantly play around and plug in and plug out frequently to get it working. Anyone experiencing the same problems?

Hey guys Im having problem with my hackintosh these past couple of days. I have a harddisk that is 160gb that I can dual boot into windows 7 and mac osx. Its seems like ever since I updated recently on my windows 7 that things started to give me problems.

My osx seems like its geting more and more slower by the day. And these past couple of days sometimes just by browsing firefox the whole system will just hang and I have to restart my computer. Worst is when I restart and it cant detect my sata cable to the harddisk and I have to constantly play around and plug in and plug out frequently to get it working. Anyone experiencing the same problems?

If your computer isn't detecting your sata drive on boot, that's not a problem with OSX or Win7, but a hardware problem. Try a different sata cable, and if that doesn't help then I'd say there's something wrong with the motherboard or hard drive itself.

On another note, is anyone else having a lot of sound assertions? I get tons from my day-to-day install of 10.6.4, but none on my testbed 10.6.4, all in the same machine.

Well my harddisk is officially corrupted. The last thing I did was boot into mac and I was surfing firefox and it hanged. I had to restart the com after which I couldnt boot in mac at all. It gets stuck at the apple logo. My harddisk are all detected. And when I go into pc, macdrive detected one of the disk is damaged. =\

Now i have to redo back everything front scratch