[Guide & Boot CD] D-Series Latitude/w NVIDIA or GMA950 and Intel Dual Core Retail Installs

leppy700m

1,332 posts in this topic

Hi Leppy,

Thank you very much for your SL boot CD. It worked perfectly, and allowed me to installed retail SL on my D620. After updated to 10.6.2, it still runs perfectly. Then I am eager to try your experimental method since my D620 is same as yours (Bios version: A10; Graphic card: GMA950). I think that I can use your dsdt.aml.

I downloaded d620in_03022010_e.zip, and followed your instruction:

1.Backup your old extra folder if you have modified it.

2. Replace your /Extra folder with the contents of this zip file.

3. Move boot from the new /Extra folder to /

4. Run rebuild_mkext

5. Stick with 32 bit for now - 64 bit plists are not set up.

Then I restart and boot with –v, but it stuck at “Still waiting for root device”. From the message on the screen, it seems that it cannot find UUID. Could you give me suggestions so that I can fix this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.

So here's a question for you guys - did we ever get to the point where sleep works with the 620? Anyone with the same config as I've got (DW1390, NVS110M, blah blah) have any success with it?

Yes, use graphics plist string and patched DSDT.aml .

People struggling with multi boot, can I redirect you to this POST

Detailed information on how to do both things is either in this thread, or found if you search this board and the intertubes...

So here's a question for you guys - did we ever get to the point where sleep works with the 620? Anyone with the same config as I've got (DW1390, NVS110M, blah blah) have any success with it?

Sleep's been working fine for me. It's pretty hit and miss it seems like.

Which kext did you use to get it to work?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1449620

There's a link there to all the kexts I'm using. These kexts so far have fixed everything problem I ran into like crackling sound, sleep, etc.. There may still be problems that I don't know about but what I need to work is working just fine for me.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1449620

There's a link there to all the kexts I'm using. These kexts so far have fixed everything problem I ran into like crackling sound, sleep, etc.. There may still be problems that I don't know about but what I need to work is working just fine for me.

Is this for the Intel GMA950 or Nvidia graphics card?

Alright, I'm trying to burn the boot .iso image for the 10.6.0 to a disk. However, whenever I burn it, i can't get my computer to boot from the CD/DVD even if I have it set to do so in BIOS. I'm using MagicISO to burn the image. In MagicISO, it has an option to open an .iso image, then burn it (which i've tried)

However, it also has an option to add a bootable image. I tried adding a bootable image, then point it to the boot .iso image for the boot cd. However, none of what I've tried makes my laptop boot from the CD

I am using a Dell Latitude D620 w/ Intel Core Duo, GMA 950

1 Gig RAM

HELP PLEASE

Alright, I'm trying to burn the boot .iso image for the 10.6.0 to a disk. However, whenever I burn it, i can't get my computer to boot from the CD/DVD even if I have it set to do so in BIOS. I'm using MagicISO to burn the image. In MagicISO, it has an option to open an .iso image, then burn it (which i've tried)

However, it also has an option to add a bootable image. I tried adding a bootable image, then point it to the boot .iso image for the boot cd. However, none of what I've tried makes my laptop boot from the CD

I am using a Dell Latitude D620 w/ Intel Core Duo, GMA 950

1 Gig RAM

HELP PLEASE

try imgburn.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Ok. I have a working 10.6.3 install on my intel graphics based D620 for some months now, and since everything was working great (except sleep) , I thought it would be nice to replace the old core duo ( T2300E ) for a nice T7200 core 2 duo model.

since then, I can only boot verbose, every time i try to boot normally, I get a kernel panic.

Any clues, anyone? I don't.

This is running great on my D620. My friend as a similar model, the only difference is I have 2 gigs of ram and he has 1. I get an error "Memory Allocation Error (Ox4382c50, 0x0) when I try to swap out the boot cd for his Snow Leopard Retail DVD. I've tried external DVD drives and get the same error.

Any ideas?

I've tried several different settings in the BIOS, but it doesn't seem to help. FYI, we are running the same BIOS A10.

Had that error "Memory Allocation Error (Ox4382c50, 0x0)today from the D620SLV1 bootcd I used Gparted Live CD to clear the partition off the destination drive. Then was able to reinstall successfully.

Great work everyone, after a week or so of test various kext's I want a clean install with my config.

alright, I tried using ImgBurn to burn the boot image to a DVD-RW and it said it was in ISO bootable mode. However, when I try to boot to the DVD-RW, it stays on a black screen with a blinking line forever, then it goes straight to my operating systems menu

What am I doing wrong??? I NEED MAC ON THIS LAPTOP lol. I love the interface

But I'm using a Dell Latitude D620 with an Intel Core Duo (so it's the earlier model). Can I just not boot from DVD-RW or something?

alright, I tried using ImgBurn to burn the boot image to a DVD-RW and it said it was in ISO bootable mode. However, when I try to boot to the DVD-RW, it stays on a black screen with a blinking line forever, then it goes straight to my operating systems menu

What am I doing wrong??? I NEED MAC ON THIS LAPTOP lol. I love the interface

But I'm using a Dell Latitude D620 with an Intel Core Duo (so it's the earlier model). Can I just not boot from DVD-RW or something?

DVD-rewritable is not advisable.

Try a normal DVD.

DVD-rewritable is not advisable.

Try a normal DVD.

Alright, i just tried a normal DVD and it still went straight to the OS selection menu. All I did is start ImgBurn> Put in the DVD-R> Selected the boot ISO in the 2nd post for 10.6.0>Selected the write speed> then clicked the button to write to the DVD> it then said it was complete.

When I try to boot up with the disc in my drive, I press F12 for the one time boot menu or something like that, and I choose to boot from my optical drive, like I said it sits on a black screen with one blinking line forever, then goes to the OS boot menu... ugh, idkl what I'm doing wrong :mellow: ;)

Well I figured it out. I downloaded the full combo update, and before rebooting reinstalled the io kext. All works well again!!!!

Brian

I have the exact same problem with a D620 - could you explain in more detail how you fixed this please Brian - I'm new to the X86 Mac game.

Thanks

I also lost my Wireless device after upgrading to 10.6.4 and solved it by replacing the IONetworkingFamily.kext in the /Extra/Extensions folder.

pc00ds3062:~ leroi$ sudo -s
bash-3.2# cd /Extra/
bash-3.2# rm -Rf Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext 
bash-3.2# cp /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext Extensions/
bash-3.2# ./rebuild_mkext.command 

Select 1 for 32bit modules.

I hope this does the job for you too...

I also lost my Wireless device after upgrading to 10.6.4 and solved it by replacing the IONetworkingFamily.kext in the /Extra/Extensions folder.

bash-3.2# cd /Extra/

It did work perfectly. Thank you very much for your help - it is much appreciated.

Hi,

after I type:

I get this message:

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext is a directory (not copied).

Why is that?

Wifi still not working..

lemans ;)

bash-3.2# cd /Extra/

Sorry for this liitle mistake!

I forgot the -R option.

Please use:

bash-3.2# cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext Extensions/

The complete command list:

c00ds3062:~ leroi$ sudo -s
bash-3.2# cd /Extra/
bash-3.2# cp -R  /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext Extensions/

Hi,

Thanks.

I fixed it by installing the broadcom wifi kext several times...

All working again.

lemans

Sorry for this liitle mistake!

I forgot the -R option.

Please use:

bash-3.2# cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext Extensions/

The complete command list:

c00ds3062:~ leroi$ sudo -s
bash-3.2# cd /Extra/
bash-3.2# cp -R  /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext Extensions/