Snow Leopard on VAIO P(VGN-P90HS) working!

ryuu123

530 posts in this topic

hi i have dsdt but not from the vbios i 've extract them with dsdtse 1.4.3 i have 8600mgt512 who work with any nv enabler,nvkush,nvdarwin,nvinject sometimes with rotation but only on external screen i cant extract edid i can t read vbios, i use netkas smbios from kalyway and it didnt give the real info with chameleon on system profilerDevices.txt

@jlvaio

By reading your dsdt, maybe SNC's methods "SODV" and "SBRT".

Attached kext call SODV with argument 1 and SBRT with argument 8.

Hopefully this work.....

SNC_for_SODV.zip

Hey ryuu123,

the patch did not work, could you post the kernel?

thanks!

It works....

Run terminal.app and go extracted foldr.

type sudo ./vaiop_KP.sh

i ve just try it seems kext loads in verbose but doesnt mean to enable internal screen but it seems that a nvcap appears in ioreg. explorer when enabling video with chameleon but webcam dissapears with and without videocard enabled

others thing:

don t know if i m wrong or stupid i ve modified pcifix a few times ago like this:

@jlvaio

By reading your dsdt, maybe SNC's methods "SODV" and "SBRT".

Attached kext call SODV with argument 1 and SBRT with argument 8.

Hopefully this work.....

SNC_for_SODV.zip

___s_Mac_Pro1.rar

___s_Mac_Pro_2.rar

others thing:

don t know if i m wrong or stupid i ve modified pcifix a few times ago like this:

Hmm..

How about load SNC_for_SODV after boot with graphics enbler?

from Terminal.app , kextunload SNC_for_SODV.kext and kextload SNC_for_SODV.kext

Above PCIFix is very early version of vaiop enabler.

Is this working?

This one control GMA500's beightness and publish "built-in:01" in ioreg.

I can't hear you...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

i really need your help!

First of all let me say this is a great forum which helped me a lot in getting up my hp mini and an asus desktop!

Thanks to all the people spending theier Time in helping others!

I'm stuck with booting the VAIO p11z

This is what i did:

1. prepared usbstick

2. copied the SL install DVD to usbstick

3. installed ihack installer latest version

4. copied the following extensions :

to /Extra folder:

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext PlatformUUID.kext

AppleUSBEHCI.kext SNC.kext

EvOreboot.kext SleepEnabler.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext VAIOPEnabler.kext

LegacyAppleRTC.kext VoodooBattery.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext fakesmc.kext

and i replaced the AppleUSBEHCI in kext file in /system/library/Extensions with one of the attached files from here.

However, when

a: booting with -v cpus=1

i get the following error:

AppleUSBEHCI[xxx]::UIMInitialize - unable to get device memory

b: when booting with -v -f cpus=1 i get:

"AppleUSBEHCI[xxx]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource"

I know that this is then related to:AppleUSBEHCI....

but how the hell to fix this?

please help,

Chris

Hi Ryuu123

Thanks for your great work.

I have been running SL on Vaio Type X using your kernel and kernel extension.

(Vaio P and X are very similar h/w-wise.

It was fine until I have updated my X to 10.6.3, but now after reboot it does not seem to boot any more.

(The screen shows the apple log, no progress icon is shown).

It seems it KPs at the boot screen.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

A bunch of people have already reported they upgraded fine, but it wasn't the case with me...

I suspected that SleepEnabler.kext may be causing the trouble, but I think I deleted that at some point and I do not seem to have that in my SL anymore.

Any hints?

It was fine until I have updated my X to 10.6.3, but now after reboot it does not seem to boot any more.

(The screen shows the apple log, no progress icon is shown).

You need two.

1. Patch the kernel

2. Patch AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

patch scripts, see post #1. In the kexts zip archive.

ataPatch.sh and kernelPatch.sh

You need two.

1. Patch the kernel

2. Patch AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

patch scripts, see post #1. In the kexts zip archive.

ataPatch.sh and kernelPatch.sh

Thanks a lot.

I have changed your patch scripts a bit since I had to boot up my vaio from the USB install image.

But as you suggested, I copied the stock mach_kernel from 10.6.2 and patched it then apply the PIIX patch too.

And my vaio now boots up.

So what was the cause of the trouble with 10.6.3 udpate?

Some people out there reported that their hackintoshes just upgraded without a hitch...

[update]

New GMA500 related kexts in the zip gave vaiox a KP when it suspends (lid close).

Replacing them with the old one work fine most of the time. But sometimes it won't come back from sleep.

hey guys need help again

i had to format my P it gave mesome usb problems.....so now im at 10.6 and need to get to 10.6.3 to get my magic mouse to work.......what do i need to do how do i patch to 10.6.3 and also......how do i get it to sleep

o try to sleep.....

thanks

Is it possible for someone to upload a full vaio p image of os x 10.6.3? just burn to usb stick and run? because I cant manage to fix the usb drive to startup correctly! sorry for being such a pain but i dont have a mac and i really want to test this on my vaio p!! thank in advance for your help everybody!!!!

Don't think that's allowed....

;)

Is it possible for someone to upload a full vaio p image of os x 10.6.3? just burn to usb stick and run? because I cant manage to fix the usb drive to startup correctly! sorry for being such a pain but i dont have a mac and i really want to test this on my vaio p!! thank in advance for your help everybody!!!!

How can I perform an upgrade from 10.6.1 to 10.6.3? I've done the following:

1. Made a copy of the mach_kernel to mach_kernel.1061

2. Update

3. Boot from 1061 kernel but I always get a "Waiting for root device"

How do I patch the kernel/ATA if I can't even boot inside? Thanks

Hi Ryuu123,

My vaio type x got a US keyboard, so I have confirmed that your patches vaiop20100327us.zip are fine.

(although my test does not confirm they work on vaio type p with a US keyboard).

However, I have one issue now. I have applied everything in zip

When my type x goes suspend (not hibernate), the screen is off but cpu fan is still blowing.

After that, it wont wake up. The screen wont be on. While I am pressing the power button, the battery LED turns red, but nothing happens. I have to power-cycle the machine.

Maybe this is because of the H/W difference between p and x or has to do with superhai or netkas files...

You said new fakesmc and voodoopowermini etc are needed. Can you tell me what to use?

@zscream

afaik this is the case.

@lnx

I don't think the VGA/Ethernet adapter is working at the moment, so no avail unless you can find another way of outputting display (through USB dongle? none that I know of)

Got question..

I managed to get almost everything working;

non-working are:

- Brightness resets everytime it wakes up from screen dim. This used to work, until some random time which I forgot what action I made (I think it was trying to fix the tap to click issue)

- Processor speed is capped at 800MHz, 1CPU. (My CPU is Z530 1.6GHz) I'm quite sure hyperthreading is enabled as my Windows 7 partition shows 2 CPUs

And one really irritating problem is that whenever I run extra.sh, a lot of dependency errors with VoodooPS2Controller.kext came out. I don't think this is supposed to be the case? How can I solve this problem?

edit: footnote for myself: only chameleon rc3 works.

@zcream

Almost correct.

@InX

Impossible.

@zoopido

No way.

Try boot from installer USB.

@cyberphilia2010

Try "pmset -a hibernatemode 0"

P also have problem about deep/safe sleep aka hibernate.

With recent DSDT mod,

no longer needs NULLCPUPoermanagement/VoodooPowerMini/SleepEnabler.

The all I use is in zip archive.

@artix123

Default rightness is somewhere in Info.plist.

How do you check processor speed and cpus?

Dependency errors are normal. errors occur because without /System/Library/Extensions kexts.

thanks for the fast reply!

@artix123

Default rightness is somewhere in Info.plist.

How do you check processor speed and cpus?

Dependency errors are normal. errors occur because without /System/Library/Extensions kexts.

Do I edit the info.plist and then run extra.sh?

The previous time I replaced the VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext in the VoodooPS2Controller.kext (in an attempt to fix the tilde button), my keyboard stopped working after i run extra.sh and restarted. I had to copy back the old VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext for it to work (thus its not fixed atm zz).

I used system profiler to check the speed and cores; maybe they are incorrect? Right now speed shows 1.6ghz again; I think it has something to do with thermal throttling (hence the inconsistent speed).

thanks for the fast reply!

Do I edit the info.plist and then run extra.sh?

The previous time I replaced the VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext in the VoodooPS2Controller.kext (in an attempt to fix the tilde button), my keyboard stopped working after i run extra.sh and restarted. I had to copy back the old VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext for it to work (thus its not fixed atm zz).

I used system profiler to check the speed and cores; maybe they are incorrect? Right now speed shows 1.6ghz again; I think it has something to do with thermal throttling (hence the inconsistent speed).

Both VAIOPEnabler and GMA500BacklightDisplay have brightness key in their Info.plist.

run extra.sh and touch /System/Library/Extensions.

VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext depends on VoodooPS2Controller.kext.You should replace not only

VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext but VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

System profiler reports number of processor and core. Atom Z is one core and one processor.

If you want to confirm HT enabled, In the terminal run "sysctl machdep.cpu.thread_count"

It should be "machdep.cpu.thread_count: 2"

About "800Mhz", I support your guess.

Thanks! I edited the brightness values for Info.plist in both VAIOPEnabler and GMA500BacklightDisplay, then did what you said - sudo ./extra.sh and touch /System/Library/Extensions, then the default brightness is now what I want (64)! :) Thank you so much! Really appreciate it.

And yup, the sysctl command reports 2, so it is probably correct..

About the keyboard thing, it worked too :) Thank you very much!!

Right now only thing yet to try is sleep for me.. But I haven't read the kernel stuff, lazy to do right now =P

Thank you ryuu123 for your hardwork. 123 ftw.

Hello,

What to say thanks to ryuu123 for his greate work about mac on vaio p.

I've successfully installed mac os on my VaioP (VGN-P21ZR). But have one issue with internal HDD. Chameleon see all partitions on internal drive, but when SL installer show partition selection screen, there is no internal HDD. In Drive Utilit there is also no internal drive. All kext from latest vaiop20091014us are in Extra folder.

I'm want to install SL on internal drive and maybe as only system.

My Vaio P have ATA 80Gb 1.8" drive.

I've also tried to install LegacyATA.kext but with no luck in problem resolve.

Can anyone help with accessing an internal HDD ?

regards,

Santiaga

P.S. sorry for my English -_-

P.P.S. Here is my lspic output

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) [8086:8100] (rev 06)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) Graphics Controller [8086:8108] (rev 06)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) HD Audio Controller [8086:811b] (rev 06)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:8110] (rev 06)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:8112] (rev 06)

00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) USB UHCI #1 [8086:8114] (rev 06)

00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) USB UHCI #2 [8086:8115] (rev 06)

00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) USB UHCI #3 [8086:8116] (rev 06)

00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) USB EHCI #1 [8086:8117] (rev 06)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) LPC Bridge [8086:8119] (rev 06)

00:1f.1 IDE interface [0101]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) IDE Controller [8086:811a] (rev 06)

01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Unknown device [11ab:4380] (rev 10)

02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Atheros Communications Inc. Unknown device [168c:002a] (rev 01)

I've think issue in

00:1f.1 IDE interface [0101]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) IDE Controller [8086:811a] (rev 06)

Also maybe someone know how-to achieve booting from SD or MS Flash card in Chameleon