Snow Leopard on VAIO P(VGN-P90HS) working!

ryuu123

530 posts in this topic

updated

http://www.mediafire.com/?n0tgzg1nwon

I'm using JP model so keymap is JIS, right.

want use some ohtner keymap, replace

Extra/Extensions1/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

to comfortable one and run Extra/extra.sh and cross your fingers and reboot.

would you tell me where can I find other keymap to replace?

I'd like to try some other keymaps.

because in my US keyboard model(VGN-P91HS),

tilde/backquote key (between Esc and F1) is not working correctly.

it shows some strange character like "±/§"

anyone has same problem? or any solutions?

hi all

i try to install SL on sony vaio vgn-p19vrn from USB

So i remade the USB installation media w/ the following steps

1. Format USB drive w/ GUID and HFS Journaled.

2. Restore a disk image of a 10.6 retail DVD (prior to 10.6.2) to the USB disk.

3. Run NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3

4. Copy kexts from vaiop20091014us (will post link in full write up) to the Extra folder that was created in step 3.

5. Boot to USB drive

6. Install SL to netbook instalation will complite

7. after reboot from hdd this error

what i do wrong???

ps sorry for my Eng ((((

post-451625-1267709461_thumb.jpg

i know why i hate the netbookmaker :(

if i'm not totally wrong, osx is waiting for your hdd - so your controller driver is not installed

here is the boot image that i made when i installed osx, pendrive must be 512mb (or larger) - no need to use a mac for the setup process, use transmac on your windows machine, format the pendrive with the dmg and

VaioBootImage.rar

i know why i hate the netbookmaker :(

if i'm not totally wrong, osx is waiting for your hdd - so your controller driver is not installed

here is the boot image that i made when i installed osx, pendrive must be 512mb (or larger) - no need to use a mac for the setup process, use transmac on your windows machine, format the pendrive with the dmg and

VaioBootImage.rar

i try to use you boot image but mac os not like him ((( kernel panic (((

2 beermacht

can you tell my steb by step how you install SL width you boot image

i heve 2 flash drives

1- you boot image 512Mb

2- install LS image 8Gb

3- boot vaio from 512 disk ... how i can install mac from 8Gb flash drive to my Hdd how i must copy Chamelion to Hdd of my vaio if it need?

ps i not need Windows on my vaio only SL

How did you install?

replace /Extra/Extensions1/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

and re-make /Extra/Extensions.mkext is right way.

Hi Ryee123, thank you for your reply about the pointing stick. I understand from the above that i need to replace the VoodooPS2Mouse.kext with the one in your zip-file. But what i don't understand is what you mean by re-making the /Extra/Extensions.mkext.

Could you please explain that to me? I would be very grateful as allways!

Hi Ryee123, thank you for your reply about the pointing stick. I understand from the above that i need to replace the VoodooPS2Mouse.kext with the one in your zip-file. But what i don't understand is what you mean by re-making the /Extra/Extensions.mkext.

Could you please explain that to me? I would be very grateful as allways!

@L@u27

There is a file in Extra called Extensions.mkext, which (as far as I understand it) is a kind of summary of the kext in the Extensions1 folder (feel free to correct me here... I don't know quite what it does, but I could fix the issue anyway...)

It's needed to start you computer, and it has to reflect the exact content of the Extensions1 folder. If it doesn't, or if it's not there, the computer won't boot and you will end up at the same point that Ummacles earlier in this thread.

(@ Ummacles, I don't know if you already solved your issue, the post is one month old, but here's how anyway)

That's what happened to me earlier today when I tried to install Ryuu123's VoodooPS2Mouse kext. In Leopard, you could drag Extension.mkext to the trash and the system would regenerate it at next boot. As I learned the hard way, Snow Leopard doesn't allow that.

You have to use a kext install software such as Kextutility. For the VoodooPS2Mouse, drag it to VoodooPS2Controller->Contents->Plugins, and once it's copied drag'n'drop the Extensions1 folder to the kextutility app. It will regenerate the Extensions.mkext file and you should be fine.

If you haven't done this and are stuck like Ummacles and I were with the "forbidden" symbol and "still waiting for root device" in verbose mode, plugin your USB Install drive, use it to boot to your HD as you did when you first installed (see post #209 step 8. Basically when you boot your vaio-P, press F2 to go to bios settings; enable external boot; change boot order to boot from USB first; restart; when you see the chameleon splash screen, press any key and you should be able to choose between booting to your SL installer or your HD).

Once you've booted to your HD, use kextutility to repair Extensions.mkext as previously described.

Voilà !

The kext with pointing stick settings is great. Maybe sensitivity need to be adjusted a little bit but still great...

Hi all :)

Sleep is annoying problem. Is there someone working around this?

Today, I'm looking for the point into kernel deeply then I made a kernel patch.

My investigation, AppleACPIPCI pervent sleep, So no ACPI function in DSDT is called.

This patch skip AppleACPIPCI's PMEvent failure.

This is experimental and at this point useless.

Vaio can sleep(power led blinks orange) and wake but Screen is dead caz no appropriate graphics driver power management. WLAN come back with no problem, so after wake up, connect from remote and do investigation and reboot.

I believe that this is useful for some challenger doing DSDT mod and build Graphics driver's PM to work screen come back.

* need SleepEnabler.kext (maybe)

* try sleep. not deepsleep/hibernate( pmset -a hibernatemode 0)

* DSDT.aml (maybe)

- how to make patched kernel.

sudo ./binchg.rb /mach_kernel ./force-sleep.xml

then boot using kernel "mach_kernel.patched"

patch.zip

I'm now working around wakeup blank screen issue.

Today I tried patch27ae.command( modify device id to 8108).

By modding my VAIOPEnabler the Driver can load but gray blank screen.

I want to try inject "AAPL,hasPanel" but don't have "EFI string for intel" utility.

someone?

patch8108_exp.zip

**** update 3/15

"AAPL,hasPanel" injection failed.

With injection, virtical colorful lines appear ...

(No injection, gray balnk screen)

Other injections?

Dear ryuu12

You posted GMA500 driver skeleton and later someone post iphone3gs GMA500 bundle do You see any chance to combine it?

No chance.It's not i386 binary but arm.

And as you know 3gs and GMA500 use same PowerVR SGX core.But it's 3D graphics part.

3gs's 2D part is different from GMA500.

GMA500 have i915(GMA950 like) Framebuffer/crtc/2D core.

We should first struggle with AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.

(with above patch and new VAIOPEnabler)

Guest Milad407

could somebody help me with installing mac os x on a compaq 615 ? sorry for stealing topic but i cant make my own..

hi ryuuu123

first i think you made good work

can you give information about modding pcifix to other vaio or work on sonypi for mac do you know how to read the vbios dsdt of vaio can you made pcifix or backlight for vgn-ar61ZU with 10.5.8

you can find lots of sony spec in my posts i can try to give you more info if you need

please help

sorry for bad english thanks for reply i think you re the only one who s working on vaio since a long time

please reply :)

Hi all ;)

I've done :P

Now sleep is working at least for me.

* need SleepEnabler.kext in /Extra/Extensions1 and run /Extra/extra.sh

* need IOGMA500Framebuffer.kext in /System/Library/Extensions

* try sleep. not deepsleep/hibernate( pmset -a hibernatemode 0)

Copy above kexts and make patched kernel.

vaiop_KP.sh

Original kernel is saved /mach_kernel.org.

If you have trouble, boot from above.

up20100318.zip

p.s.

I noticed some kexts we need are updated.

I also use new fakeSMC/VoodooPowerMini ...

(Don't included abobe)

Can someone make new all in one archive and installer?

@InX

No.

Cannot select output to external display.

@Milad407

Should go some proper topic.

Caz AMD processor, perhaps it's hard.

@jlvaio

vgn-ar61ZU uses GeForce 8600M?

If you install device-property correctly and you cannnot use internal LCD,

It's ACPI/DSDT issue.(perhaps can control from OSX and in linux its called sonypi)

As for vaio p, I control WWAN/BT power through ACPI.

The kext(driver I made is SNC.kext)

It have omplex relation with DSDT.

Can you post your DSDT?

I cannot say anything before looking the DSDT.

@jlvaio

vgn-ar61ZU uses GeForce 8600M?

If you install device-property correctly and you cannnot use internal LCD,

It's ACPI/DSDT issue.(perhaps can control from OSX and in linux its called sonypi)

As for vaio p, I control WWAN/BT power through ACPI.

The kext(driver I made is SNC.kext)

It have omplex relation with DSDT.

Can you post your DSDT?

I cannot say anything before looking the DSDT.

hi i have dsdt but not from the vbios i 've extract them with dsdtse 1.4.3 i have 8600mgt512 who work with any nv enabler,nvkush,nvdarwin,nvinject sometimes with rotation but only on external screen i cant extract edid i can t read vbios, i use netkas smbios from kalyway and it didnt give the real info with chameleon on system profilerDevices.txt

actualy im running rc4 from rekursor im on kalyway 10.5.8 with ideneb update i use fakesmc 2.1 cause 2.5 don work good for me

thanks if you can help

this link to my video bios installer: http://www.sony-mea.com/support/download/326878

another link : http://www.popies.net/sonypi/

http://sony-tools.homeunix.net/sony.html :D

for a reason i ignore my older posts don t appears so my other specs are inaccessible but if you need i give you all info i ve collected just asks

thanx ;)

hi ryuu12354

dsdt.rar

Devices.txt