Help Munky get a MacBook Pro!

munky

273 posts in this topic

i havent totted it up just yet, but i think its been around £250.

250 pounds! How is it possible?

You need to participate to 3 offers which cost approximatively 40 EUR = 3 x 40 = 120 EUR.

Then eleven of your friends must do the same = 11 x 120 = 1320 EUR

Total = 1320 + 120 = 1440 EUR.

In pounds it is around 960 pounds.

Could you explain a bit how did you get it for 250 pounds.

I'm really interested :)

how much a referral costs varies a lot. some people managed to win back some money from the poker sites, or at least withdraw what they put in.

when i did the site for mash, i did two $1 offers, and a $50 offer

40 euros is a bit of an overestimate. more like 40 euros in total for all 3 offers.

and yes, I funded this by selling my powerbook g4, which i got £600 for. (the rest of that £600 went into the nappy fund).

250 pounds! How is it possible?

You need to participate to 3 offers which cost approximatively 40 EUR = 3 x 40 = 120 EUR.

Then eleven of your friends must do the same = 11 x 120 = 1320 EUR

Total = 1320 + 120 = 1440 EUR.

In pounds it is around 960 pounds.

Could you explain a bit how did you get it for 250 pounds.

I'm really interested :)

Huh?

I spent $40 to complete my 3 offers for Munky. $40 = 32 Eur = 22 Pounds (by my curency converter.) 22 Pounds x 11 referrals = 242 Pounds.

Some people only spent $30 instead of $40, so I can easily see how he got away with only 250 Pounds total cost. Pretty sweet deal.

=)

I just completed my offers. Here's what I did to maximize my $$ to point value.

Currently CHEAP and INSTANT offers:

Blockbuster online: $9.99 (3 movies out at a time, might as well do something while waiting for the free MacBookPro).

Entertainment Online: 30 day trial for free. Cancel before then to avoid $9 charge.

Party Poker: $50 trial. I'll pull the cash out soon anyway.

3 offers done in 10 minutes... not bad.

Get your free MacBook Pro... I'll reimburse your costs up to $35!

I spent about $650 :D

Oh well, still a net gain of about $1250

£250 is about $460 so you didn't do too bad. Sometimes the offers go up and sometimes they go down.

Very sweet.

I just completed my offers. Here's what I did to maximize my $$ to point value.

Currently CHEAP and INSTANT offers:

Blockbuster online: $9.99 (3 movies out at a time, might as well do something while waiting for the free MacBookPro).

Entertainment Online: 30 day trial for free. Cancel before then to avoid $9 charge.

Party Poker: $50 trial. I'll pull the cash out soon anyway.

Get your free MacBook Pro... I'll reimburse your costs up to $35!

Sorry i'm a little confused here. Did you do these offers for people or did people do these offers for you?

Also what did you mean by "Party Poker: $50 trial. I'll pull the cash out soon anyway"?

Sorry if this sounds stupid. I'm only asking because what ever it is, i guess it's impressive. Just not sure how or what.

Thanks

I did those for myself to test out the quickness factor and instant credit factor.

The party poker one is the "page 2" qualifier. I figure that unless I completely suck ass at poker, I won't lose the entire amount. I'm guessing I might have $35 left after a bunch of hands.

Has anyone done Party Poker and found any restrictions on how long the money has to stay there? The offer site says nothing about restrictions... but I'm not all that sure about it...

Either way, my goal was to complete my offers in 10 minutes total without the stupid 2-3 days or weeks credit waiting game.

This made sense to me because then I can tell my referrals it would also take 10 minutes and I would be reimbursing them, and they get great coupons (entertainment.com), free movies (blockbuster online), and some game play (partypoker.com).

So essentially I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for my referrals to complete.

Sorry i'm a little confused here. Did you do these offers for people or did people do these offers for you?

Well, everybody does one offer for somebody else, that's the referral obligation you start out with. Then you convince 1 to 11 other people to do it for you, depending on what item you're shooting for. I chose the iSight, so I only need one other person's referral. (and I think it's unstatusthequo, but if it is, he's not showing as completed yet... just pending.)

Yeah... I'm having some trouble with Party Poker giving instant credit, the account was funded and everything...

I played a couple very cheap hands, then blackjack for an hour, and I ended up $2.76 ahead... which is nice because you need to BE ABOVE $50 in order to get your money out! So for those who signup, use $60, then play the $0.04 BB/$0.02 tables.

Anyway, I submitted a support ticket, so we will see. Has anyone used party poker and gotten instant credit? I'm using firefox... cookies work.

John the Geek I imagine that's why I'm still pending on your referral list.

I did the Titan Poker which required a support ticket to get credit for anyway. So I'm not sure. In theory if you got credit by the other offers then the cookies should have worked for the poker site too.

Still, they are pretty quick about getting things resolved. Likely they are waiting for the site to verify you met the requirements.

Yeah I thought something was odd because how would the credit tracker know that I *downloaded the client* and filled my account. Seemed very far off. Maybe they should list that one as a "support-ticket for credit only offer" if that's the case...

I'll let you know what happens. Support FAQ says 15 days for a response time on that... although I've heard it takes less.

Guest Danielng

i don't really mind helping out, but i think i will need cash to get started, as i am kind of broke now; but the idea of getting a macbook is good=D I'd be happy to try out anything though.

i don't really mind helping out, but i think i will need cash to get started, as i am kind of broke now; but the idea of getting a macbook is good=D I'd be happy to try out anything though.

uh.. he's already done.. although.

WE'RE WAITINg ON PICTURES OF YOUR MACBOOK MUNKY!!!!!!!

John the Geek I understand how the referal system works but when unstatusthequo said he completed 3 offers. But does that amount to one referal or 3?

Also you said "Entertainment Online: 30 day trial for free" so you never got charged for that at all but it still counts?

Munky we know where to find you if we don't see no pics.

Guys lets give him another 48 hours and then off to London Zoo.

munky, I'd wait for the MacBook Core 2 Duo. That's what I am doing. It will probably be out within the next couple weeks (I'm guessing), and hopefully it is priced similar to the Core Duo's. Also, with the release of the Core 2 Duo MacBook's, the price of the old models should drop tremendously. In the meantime, while I am waiting, I bought myself a Dell 24" LCD with a bit of my Free4Me cash. Hopefully I won't go on an e-shopping spree and spend all my money while I am waiting for the Core 2 MacBook Pro.

I meant that entertainment online was a "cancel before your 30 days are up and your card won't be charged," so I immediately put the date into google calendar with a 3 day alarm on it to cancel it. Simple as that. I think if you also print 3 e-coupons, you can register to actually GET $10 rebate, too... which is unreal.

From their site: "By clicking "SIGN ME UP" you agree to the following:

* You are signing up for Entertainment Rewards FREE for 30 days.

* After your free trial ends, your credit card entered here will be automatically charged $9 a month, unless you cancel.

* If you are not completely satisfied, you can cancel anytime online or by calling Entertainment Rewards toll free at 1-866-204-9409."

So you actually looks like you can *make* $10 on this one if you cancel before the 30 days are up AND print coupons AND submit the rebate...but you need a qualifying purchase. I submitted it for rebate, I'm just not going to buy anything, and I'll let you know if I get mine (4-6 weeks they say...)

My completing 3 offers equates to ONE referral... in order for a referral to be "green," they must complete 2 offers from page 1 and 1 offer from page 2.