Intel Wireless Drivers [OSx86]

pjmiller435

254 posts in this topic

I have been waiting for this for a very long time, and no Kext for the 5100 is the only reason I don't use OS X on a regular basis. I noticed that your last post was 2 weeks ago. Are you still working on this, and is there any word on the release? Thanks for your work, and good luck.

i'm glad to know somebody working on it. i am a linux developer using c++/python but a newbie to osx.

i have seopard 10.5.6 and ethernet working in my thinkpad t400. i want to know how i can help?

and my email: beartung@gmail.com

Hey I would love to test out your program. I am not a coder just want to feel like something is happening with this wifi card. Like so many other people the wireless is the only thing not working. It would be cool to try out your program even if it is not fully working just to have hope that this card will be supported soon. Anyways thanks for all your work!!!!

Hi,

I'm a C/C++/objc etc. developer with quite a bit of experience working at kernel level with OSX. I'd love to collaborate if that's possible; I have 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 on multiple machines for development, could test on a 10.5.7 HP HDX 16. Excellent work, much appreciated, and a good approach I think.

thanks. spartango

hmm pjmiller is over 2 weeks unavaliable. Maybe he has given up. I've followed this thread and maybe one of you start a new programm on his own with these helpers.

Cheers

Hopefully, he'll return. He hasn't actually distributed any of the stuff he was doing (to my knowledge), so it'd be difficult to start work from where he left off...

he's not coming back. You all are getting your hopes up now. It's been about 3 weeks since we last heard from him. Sometimes, you gotta learn to cash in your chips. If he comes back, great, then we may get a driver. if he doesn't, then you gotta realize that maybe he was just playing us or maybe something happened to him. We dont know; but if we keep our hopes up, then we'll just feel even worse after 3 months of not hearing from him. I was REALLY looking forward to the driver just like everyone else did so don't think i'm just trying to upset you guys, but i doubt that it's going to be done at the present situation. That's all i have to say for the time being.

I have an idea....a guy I know's friend made a driver for this. I tested it but nothing happened. If one of you guys wants to take a look at it and see what might be the problem, that would be great! I don't know if it's just a fake, but if someone could take a look at it and try and fix it up, that would be a GREAT help!

Intel_Wifi_Link_5100.kext.zip

I have an idea....a guy I know's friend made a driver for this. I tested it but nothing happened. If one of you guys wants to take a look at it and see what might be the problem, that would be great! I don't know if it's just a fake, but if someone could take a look at it and try and fix it up, that would be a GREAT help!

Intel_Wifi_Link_5100.kext.zip

No don`t work for my wifi adapter.

Acer aspire 8930

System: 10.5.6 (Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0)

Device: Intel 5100

05:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:4232]

Fake guys ! :wacko:

here's some strings i've extracted from false driver file 'wifilink'

ATI Model���model���Callisto: omni's ATI Driver&FrameBuffer, build 008, 13-Jun-2006
Callisto: Model %s (%s)
CallistoUseAltPLLMethod�Callisto: [OPT] Using Alternative PLL Method
ATOM ATI BIOS detected
Callisto: Legacy ATI BIOS detected
Callisto: no ROM found - DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!
DDR�SDRAM���Callisto: %ld MB %s found on %d bit wide bus
Callisto: xtal calculation failed: %ld
Callisto: Retreived PLL values from BIOS
Callisto: Retreived PLL values from registers
Callisto: Used fall-back default PLL
Callisto: Reference=%d.%02d MHz (RefDiv=%d) Memory=%d.%02d Mhz, System=%d.%02d M
Callisto: Found Monitor: %s
Callisto: Monitor EDID retrieved
Callisto: Invalid input parameters
Callisto: Refresh rate not CVT standard
Callisto: 60Hz refresh rate advised for reduced blanking
Callisto: Aspect ratio not CVT standard

seems it comes from the old ati callisto injector

also info.plist is ridiculous

i knew it was too good to be true. guess we will all just have to wait. or maybe its time to go for a different hardware choice? well i guess its still windows vista for now until i figure out the wireless situation. i can only use leopard for photoshop and music.

i knew it was too good to be true. guess we will all just have to wait. or maybe its time to go for a different hardware choice? well i guess its still windows vista for now until i figure out the wireless situation. i can only use leopard for photoshop and music.

buy an usb dongle like zydas 1211 or realtek 8187b

it works like a charm !