Intel Wireless Drivers [OSx86]

pjmiller435

254 posts in this topic

it sounded too good to be true. all the "proof" and the theory. it just seemed as though this was really happening. i wonder if any of the others who had offered to help have any knowledge of whats going on. I'm looking to get a usb dongle or just plain swap out my wireless card. If only apple supported all intel hardware. not just motherboards and other apple parts. Hopefully apple will come to their own sense and add more support.

Nothings going too happen in this deparment Better wait for mercurysquad to realase the driver

Is mercurysquad working on this? This would be so nice. Sooo many people search for it and we all need it.

Cheers

Is mercurysquad working on this? This would be so nice. Sooo many people search for it and we all need it.

Cheers

He's writing drives for Intel wifi is almost finished with 2200bg and then 3965abg (4-5 weeks time) and so on

Is his project different from jalavoui's code over at http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin?

Does anyone know whether jalavoui's code works well for the cards it supports? I ask because I'm involved with the effort to get the GMA4500 going. In my study of those docs, Intel tends to take a very evolutionary approach to how they create hardware. I assume the same would be true of the 5100.

They probably have made it more low power, and added draft-n capability.

So if the 5100 is not vastly different for the 3965abg, then it may not be a difficult task.

Are there any pointers to mercurysquad's code. I'm a developer and would like to see where things are at.

Thanks.

He's writing drives for Intel wifi is almost finished with 2200bg and then 3965abg (4-5 weeks time) and so on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys... not sure if anyone having intel 5100 have already tried this..

i dloaded the dmg for intel4965 from iwidarwin website and installed it onto my iatkos v7 system..

i changed the device id in the info.plist of the kext from 4230 to 4237 (for my intel 5100) and on rebooting i had a new "ethernet card" in the network preferences..

This ethernet always says "Cable is not plugged in".. and networkselector gui or nsgui also does not identify the card or any wireless network

I am able to see the mac address in "network utility" and the model as 4965bgn.. System profiler also indicates it as en1..

not sure how to make the device to connect to a network or turn it ON (LED is not lit so dunno if its on/off)

Hope this helps someone trying to make this wireless device work..

Cheers

NK

hey guys... not sure if anyone having intel 5100 have already tried this..

i dloaded the dmg for intel4965 from iwidarwin website and installed it onto my iatkos v7 system..

i changed the device id in the info.plist of the kext from 4230 to 4237 (for my intel 5100) and on rebooting i had a new "ethernet card" in the network preferences..

This ethernet always says "Cable is not plugged in".. and networkselector gui or nsgui also does not identify the card or any wireless network

I am able to see the mac address in "network utility" and the model as 4965bgn.. System profiler also indicates it as en1..

not sure how to make the device to connect to a network or turn it ON (LED is not lit so dunno if its on/off)

Hope this helps someone trying to make this wireless device work..

Cheers

NK

I did the same on my HP dv7 with the intel 5100 wireless. It recognizes as ethernet because the kext was designed this way. It can't be used as an airport card, but it can be used as an ethernet card and the wireless connection is done using the utility provided in the pkg. It's a command line utility that manages the wireless connections. I think if someone can get the source code for this utility and re-tool it to work with the device ID of the 5100, they'll get somewhat closer, if not a fully functioning 5100.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm.. I also tried loading mercurysquads 2200 driver in the same way (modifyin info.plist) and it was not able to detect the firmware..

Currently I'm just waiting for mercurysquad to complete his current drivers.. 2200 and 3945 i guess !!

How can I check if mine has detected the firmware? My machine recognizes the card, but I don't know how to check if it's detected the firmware. Is there a difference?