ADI AD2000b works with applehda

gary88

117 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I've recently bought an "Asus Maximus II Gene" motherboard which is so far great for hackintoshing.

It also has the ADI AD2000b audio chipset but I'm just not able to get it to work.

I've tried patching my DSDT like above and also tried to install every kext in Extras/Extensions and S/L/E but nothing worked. I'm really desperate and I've got no clue what to try else.

VoodooHDA works for me though - but it always makes some stranges noise while my hackintosh is sleeping. The sound

after sleeping is fine.

I'm trying to get the different kexts (AD2000b & HDAEnabler) to work but like I have already said I haven't got an success so far. I'm on 10.6.3 and I also get some strange "sound assertion" errors while booting up in verbose mode. Do you think a reinstallation of my Hackintosh would help me? I'm open for all suggestions...

Thanks,

unfixable

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
If you have AD2000B sound and THe KiNG's latest kext (attached below), add this to your DSDT (before the first USB device for example) and you can delete HDAEnabler. The less modified kernel extensions, the better.

Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x08)
                        {
                            "subsystem-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0xA0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

You will also need Method MCDP somewhere.

See Master Chief's P5K Pro thread for reference - the fun starts here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1280888

Method (MCDP, 2, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg0, Zero))
        {
            Store (Buffer (One)
                {
                    0x03
                }, Arg1)
        }
    }

Or you can use Apple's Method DTGP if you already have that in your DSDT, just replace the MCDP caller at the end of the HDEF device code with the DTGP one. You can copy it from another device in your DSDT, the code is identical for all devices that use it.

Master Chief's MCDP method does the same thing but takes up less space. Decide for yourself which method you want to use.

Here's the latest version of THe KiNG's ad2000b.kext, as modified by Phoenix Wright

AD2000b.kext.zip

It comes from here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=3784

Hi,

Ive up to this point just been searching for the answers to my osx problems, and so far Iv'e just about solved everything. Sound was one of the things I couldn't crack until I realised I needed HDAEnabler and installed the kext int he first post of this thread.

I have line out, digital out and mic out, and although I have not throughly tested these if there is a more up to date version of the drivers for the ad2000b I would prefer to use these from the get go.

As I am very new to all this, is there a thread that details how to install and use the updated kext in your post? I assume its not a simple as just installing it with kext helper as there is no kext for it to replace. My knowledge of DSDT amounts to the 2 mins I just spent reading wikipedia, and it sounds like its something I shouldn't go messing with without a bit of help, or a guide.

Thanks - MM

• 4 weeks later...
King has created a new version of his AD2000B.kext that supersedes the old one, which didn't work all that well in the first place (Mic issues). This works with Leopard and Snow Leopard, and Mics fully work.

You can grab it at RapidShare.

For people that are on SL, I'm also attaching the kext along with the new 32bit/64bit of HDAEnabler. These are the only kexts you need to get the AD2000B working under SL. HDEFEnabler is not required.

Snow_Leopard_AD2000b.zip

Hi everybody!

It does not work with my machine: CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550; 4GB RAM; MainBoard ASUS P5Q-E/WiFi-AP; VGA 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8600GT on SL 10.6.4.

I try another from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=193130 at makOSX's post.

It works perfectly on my machine. I have used all 4 kexts:

1) AD2000.kext

2) AppleHDA.kext

3) HDAEnabler.kext

4) HDEFEnabler.kext

because I found that the Sound card would not work if one of four those kexts were missing.

==================================================

I saw something very strange, could you just watch and comment:

I have used in turn with two VGA cards, but the results are very different:

1) 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8600GT: The system operations very well.

2) 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT240: It often gets kernel panic when booting normally, but occasionally works fine when booting with -f -v.

Note that I do not need any kext for the VGA card, but use "GraphicsEnabler = y" in com.apple.Boot.plist. Both 2 VGA cards work fine with full functionality.

Could you give me some idea to solve the problem when work with my 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT240 ?

Thank you very much in advance!

• 1 month later...

My board is Rampage II Gene - use Audio chip AD2000B too. I used VoodooHDA v2.72 (mod). Output sound worked fine but Input Sound went to my Output ! (I talk and I heard myself =D ) so When I talk to Micro to call a friend by Skype but Input sound went to my headfone, not went to my friend's fone ! any help ?

VoodooHDA.kext_v272_Snow.zip

• 1 month later...

All the information you need is in the following thread, starting here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=3781

To sum up:

Add the HDEF Device code (posted by THe KiNG) to your DSDT (you do not need HDAEnabler if you use this code)

Make sure you have Method DTGP somewhere in your DSDT (google it)

Use the latest ad2000b.kext (original by THe KiNG, modified and posted by phoenix wright)

Use a hex editor (I use 0xED) to patch the 10.6.5 AppleHDA binary with the AD2000B device ID.

That's it, sound should work.

All the information you need is in the following thread, starting here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=3781

To sum up:

Add the HDEF Device code (posted by THe KiNG) to your DSDT (you do not need HDAEnabler if you use this code)

Make sure you have Method DTGP somewhere in your DSDT (google it)

Use the latest ad2000b.kext (original by THe KiNG, modified and posted by phoenix wright)

Use a hex editor (I use 0xED) to patch the 10.6.5 AppleHDA binary with the AD2000B device ID.

That's it, sound should work.

I have the asus p6t7 and i cannot get the audio to work... system profiler sees the audio jacks, but system preferences says there's no audio device... can anyone help me? I have attached my DSDT I am using AD2000b.kext

thanks in advance!

dsdt.txt

Your motherboard has nvidia chipset, you must use the nvidia version of the HDEF device code in your DSDT.

Follow the link that has been posted 600 times already and change your code as shown.

Don't forget you still need to patch AppleHDA.kext with a hex editor - read further into the thread to see what exactly you need to do.

Hi

Try this as its working on my Asus P5Q deluxe 10.6.5

Put contents of EE AD2000b.kext applehda.kext into Extra/Extensions

Put contents of SLE original sl 10.6 apple.kext into system/library/extensions with kext helper and restart

Tested on 10.6 10.6.4 10.6.5

Regards David

Is there a method available without modifying the system itself?

To use AD2000b.kext you have to modify the AppleHDA.kext, but it doesn't work in E/E with the original kext still loading. (not wondering about that)

I tried it with VoodooHDA.kext in E/E, because I thought you don't have to modify anything else, but it doesn't work...

At the moment I've modified my DSDT, including the patches for HDEF and HDAEnabler (the one on page 2 on projectosx) + VoodooHDA.kext, but still no sound...

Here the Errors I get on bootup:

31.12.10 23:26:50 kernel Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1667 goto Exit

31.12.10 23:26:50 kernel Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 202 goto Exit

31.12.10 23:26:50 kernel Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1667 goto Exit

31.12.10 23:26:50 kernel Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 202 goto Exit

The problem is basically that I want a vanilla system. (my bootloader, all extensions, etc. are on a USB Stick)

Is it possible to do that? Or do I have to modify the original AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E?

Thanks for any help/information.

Is there a method available without modifying the system itself?

To use AD2000b.kext you have to modify the AppleHDA.kext, but it doesn't work in E/E with the original kext still loading. (not wondering about that)

I tried it with VoodooHDA.kext in E/E, because I thought you don't have to modify anything else, but it doesn't work...

At the moment I've modified my DSDT, including the patches for HDEF and HDAEnabler (the one on page 2 on projectosx) + VoodooHDA.kext, but still no sound...

The problem is basically that I want a vanilla system. (my bootloader, all extensions, etc. are on a USB Stick)

Is it possible to do that? Or do I have to modify the original AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E?

Thanks for any help/information.

See post #2 here on DSDT patching for audio......and use THe KiNG's AD200B legacy kext AD2000b.kext.zip modified by Phoenix Wright, together with the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext (use tonymacx86's installer: 10.6.2_AppleHDAInstaller.zip).......

Verdant: Bro, that's the same thing that I'm saying. Some people just don't want to understand, or they don't know how to read, I don't know..

All required, up-to-date AD2000B info and kexts is here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry3781

MatzeOS86: no, if you have AD2000B sound and don't use VoodooHDA you cannot have a 100% vanilla system anymore, with every 10.6.x update you have to bin-patch AppleHDA, and you can no longer have working AD2000B sound if you boot retail/retail install DVD with a Chameleon boot CD - unless you use VoodooHDA. Fortunately (again, if you have AD2000B sound!) having VoodooHDA on your Chameleon boot CD will no longer cause AppleHDA to kernel panic like it used to.

Personally I prefer to use a boot CD with no sound support and, on my main installation, "sacrifice" my Vanilla status and use a bin-patched AppleHDA.

@ verdant: Thanks, but I think you misunderstood me. I've already done all the stuff you mentioned. The thing is that I don't want to modify any extensions in S/L/E.

@ Gringo Vermelho: Ok, thanks for your reply. Not a perfect solution, but better than no sound.