ADI AD2000b works with applehda

gary88

117 posts in this topic

Hi sorry to bump this thread, but I'm also having the issue of AppleHDA causing a kernel panic when rebooting or shutting down. Is there a fix for this yet?

post a screenshot of the KP so we/somebody can help you :)

A driver releasing AppleHDAController has corrupted the registry blah blah blah

BSD process responding to current thread kernel_task.

Motherboard M3A79-T Voodoo kernel iDeneb 10.5.4

Sorry about the bad image quality, there were no lights on in the room.

post-336204-1236808678_thumb.jpg

post-336204-1236808691_thumb.jpg

post-336204-1236808710_thumb.jpg

Hi Gary!

THanks for your great work and taruga's!!

I have maximus II formula with AD2000B and tried your applehda.kext yesterday and had bad luck unfortunately :thumbsup_anim: I have used AppleAzaliaAudio.kext before and had HD output sound only.

Well your kext works great but half way though and I can't use mute anymore and I hope you can help me out with these issue I have posted on a screenshot.

I have erase appleazalia.kext and evan the orginal applehda.kext and installed yours but unfortunately no mic works and no mute :( I had mute before along with appleazalia.kext..

http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ad2000bproblems.png

my system is 10.5.6 vanilla 9.6

Looking forward for legacy kext or any solution for my issue dude..

Thanks!

Gary, great work! I installed it in the system folder and it worked. It's great to have both front panel headphones out AND back panel line out, and being able to switch between the two from the system preferences!

I experience a kernel panic every time I shutdown the computer IF I have previously put it in STOP. I think these kind of KPshave to do with the voodoo kernel, do you think you could look for a solution?

post-335782-1237076358_thumb.jpg

post a screenshot of the KP so we/somebody can help you :)

My kernel panic is the same as Marc below. It says that "a driver releasing a(n) AppleHDAController has corrupted the registry \n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.9.59/libkern/C++/OSobject.cpp:241"

I don't know if that helps diagnose why the kext is causing the panic or not, but I would really appreciate a solution if someone could work one out. I was until now using a modified AppleAzalia but had other problems with that, so switched to AppleHDA but now get the kernel panic when shutting down.

ok till this is resolved can someone link me to the older ktext which enables just the line out for audio? I don't really need to use a mic or digital out for now so I think I can live with just my speakers working.

Here is the Azalia kext from another thread which works for 2 speaker line-out only: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=31521

Thanks for the AppleHDA.kext!

Works fine so far on Asus P5Q-E. I haven't tested all I/O yet.

Does anyone have this successfully loading from Extra/Extensions?

If so please let me know how you did it.

/EDIT

Here's an alternative:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1106377

Should work from the extras folder.

Can someone help me, I tried using the solution found here, but I can't seem to get the sound to work on my Intel i7 920 - Asus P6T (none deluxe edition) to work. It's using a Realtek ALC1200. Any suggestions guys??