ADI AD2000b works with applehda

gary88

117 posts in this topic

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I HAVE AUDIO!!!!

WOOT!!!

I have been fighting with this 10.5.6 setup for my P6T Deluxe ADI audio for about 2 weeks now. Reading and reading and reading...

i removed the AppleHDA.kext from my extensions folder, installed the ADI-AD2000b.PKG file from this thread (posted earlier) and VIOLA!! Sound! Beautiful sound!

MANY MANY MANY Thanks!

Bluehopper

Still waiting for the kernel panic fix. :(

Use the drivers linked here (AD2000b.HDA.FIX.kext in the ad2000b archive, and HDAEnabler.kext), they work with shutdown. You can also put them in /Extra/Extensions, as Beerkex'd said. I have now a fully working retail leo, without touching /System/Library/Extensions :)

• 1 month later...

hi garry88,

Great work here. Grats. I've been using your kext successfully until I updated my hackintosh to 10.5.7.

Can you please patch the new kext to make it work with our audio chip?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi gary88, I have two questions:

1_ Are you going to update these kexts to work in Snow Leopard in 32 & 64 bit modes?

2_ You said that AD2000b is the same as AD1989b so is there a possibility to get it working with DSDT? If I remember I saw AD1989b working using the DSDT way.

Thanks in advance.

I've been trying for hours to make audio work on my Asus P6T Deluxe V2, after doing a vanilla 10.6 installation (everything else works, I'm stuck on audio then it's perfect).

Nothing in this thread has worked so far; the .pkg installer linked earlier, The King's kexts, AppleAzalia, VoodooHDA, nothing.

Is anyone else completely without luck on the P6T with Snow Leopard, or if someone has gotten it to work can you explain exactly how?

Edit: I magically made it work, not sure what changed but VoodooHDA 0.2.1 ended up working. I put it in both /Extra/Extensions/ and /System/Library/Extensions/, verified permissions and rebuilt Extensions.mkext with Kext Utility, and rebooted. System Profiler shows nothing but the Audio prefpane does, and now iTunes works and most importantly, sound comes out of my rear line-out. Headphone jack seems not to work, not a big deal, I'll work on it later.

I've been trying for hours to make audio work on my Asus P6T Deluxe V2, after doing a vanilla 10.6 installation (everything else works, I'm stuck on audio then it's perfect).

Nothing in this thread has worked so far; the .pkg installer linked earlier, The King's kexts, AppleAzalia, VoodooHDA, nothing.

Is anyone else completely without luck on the P6T with Snow Leopard, or if someone has gotten it to work can you explain exactly how?

Edit: I magically made it work, not sure what changed but VoodooHDA 0.2.1 ended up working. I put it in both /Extra/Extensions/ and /System/Library/Extensions/, verified permissions and rebuilt Extensions.mkext with Kext Utility, and rebooted. System Profiler shows nothing but the Audio prefpane does, and now iTunes works and most importantly, sound comes out of my rear line-out. Headphone jack seems not to work, not a big deal, I'll work on it later.

it won't work if its in /Extra/E, you just need to put it into S/L/E.

Still waiting for the new version of AppleHDA works for snow leopard.

I got The King's modified plist kext working on Snow Leopard, here is what I did:

HDAEnabler.kext-32-64-bit.zip -> /System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext

HDEFEnabler.x64.zip -> /Extra/Extensions/HDEFEnabler.kext

AD2000b.zip (only the fix) from THe KiNG -> /Extra/Extensions/AD2000b.HDA.FIX.kext

I got The King's modified plist kext working on Snow Leopard, here is what I did:

HDAEnabler.kext-32-64-bit.zip -> /System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext

HDEFEnabler.x64.zip -> /Extra/Extensions/HDEFEnabler.kext

AD2000b.zip (only the fix) from THe KiNG -> /Extra/Extensions/AD2000b.HDA.FIX.kext

Hi, thank you for share.

but how can i get thoese kexts?

King has created a new version of his AD2000B.kext that supersedes the old one, which didn't work all that well in the first place (Mic issues). This works with Leopard and Snow Leopard, and Mics fully work.

It is designed with front panel support(mic as internal and headphones) 3 line out(first as speaker) digital in/out and back mic(as line in, I will explain later why 3 analog inputs dosen't work with hda)

You can grab it at RapidShare.

For people that are on SL, I'm also attaching the kext along with the new 32bit/64bit of HDAEnabler. These are the only kexts you need to get the AD2000B working under SL. HDEFEnabler is not required.

Snow_Leopard_AD2000b.zip

I managed to get this method working only by placing the kexts in the following locations.

HDAEnabler.kext in System/Library/Extensions/

HDAEnabler.kext and AD2000B.kext in Extra/Extensions/

Removing either of the HDAEnabler.kexts disables sound.

Hope this helps those having issues.

Working great with all inputs appearing under system profiler ==> audio