Help Installing OSx86 on a Gateway P-7805u

sega_phreak

340 posts in this topic

hmmm does not seem to work for me, I even left it the whole night and i froze righ after it read the video driver. I did it on a clean install. I will try another clean install again tomorrow.

Be sure to delete this /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext

and then install the one I have made.

Add me to your msn people: gaston@d23.com.uy

or AIM: d23macaco

See you

Gaston

thanks for your help d23, I managed to figure it out.

This is how I got the d23 VGA out kext working on a clean install of OS X.

1) I installed aqua-mac's Nvidia driver found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132089

2) Reboot

3) I installed KextHelperb7 found here: http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...lper%2520b7.zip

4) I used KextHelperb7 to install d23 9800m GTS 1GB Driver KEXT v1.0 Beta found here: http://www.rapidshare.com/files/222297063/...inject.kext.zip

5) Reboot

6) -f -v

Wait a couple minutes and you should be set.

Your system should not take longer than five minutes to reboot with -f -v if it does you did something wrong.

Be sure to delete this /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext

and then install the one I have made.

Add me to your msn people: gaston@d23.com.uy

or AIM: d23macaco

See you

Gaston

I know the network card does not work for sure, the wireless has no fix yet but I swapped it out for an Airport card so no more worries there. I haven't tried the SD Memory card reader, firewire, HDMI since I dont really use that. Everything that I use now works =)

The VGA out was the last thing that I use that I needed to fix but now thanks to you it works great =)

@MAGAGAR: EXCELENT! THANK YOU

What are the devices that are not working until now?

does anybody tried HDMI, eSata, Firewire, XpressCard, SDMemory's reader, modem, ethernet?

im trying to port a driver for the intel 5100, but its damn hard.

and as far as taping, to get it to work, etc. try looking at this tutorial guide for a how-to, to get 1 and 2 finger scrolling, etc.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88811

itd help if you knew programming but with that guide you could do it knowing nothing. you need xcode, if you dont have it or yours is corrupt, etc. you can get a fresh copy from the iphone sdk, avl for free. or just download the xcode 3.0 dvd from apple itself for free.

Okay, so I've been following this thread for a while now, but now I'm gonna join in the fun...

So I got one of these P-7805u babys the other week (WUXGA, I managed to talk BB out of their display model!!) and it's amazing. Naturally, the first thing I did on it was install OS X. Now some of you might be interested to know that I first used the XxX install disc, and it worked very well. Chipset, USB, and Video (full RAM, QE/CI) worked right away. But I couldn't get the audio to work very easily, so eventually I went with iAtkos... anyway.

It's been fun reading this, and I gotta say you guys rock... I love finding the solutions and watching each function on my hackintosh start working one-by-one. haha. Anyway. My main problem with iAtkos is that I can't seem to get Quartz Extreme support to work no matter what. I think I've tried about 5 or 6 different drivers and combos, but nothing seems to do the trick. Not even EFI strings. In system profiler it usually reads fine, it correctly identifies my card or says something close enough, but still no QE support.

On top of that, I'm having weird issues with audio and USB. I first did the Azalia fix, and it worked -- but only speakers out, nothing else. I stuck with it for a while, but realized I needed more so I tried the Conexant drivers. They worked after plugging a headphone jack in -- though I have to do that EVERY time I boot up. On top of that, it broke my sleep (which I worked hard to get!) AND none of the USB ports work anymore. I went into BIOS and disable legacy support, but that broke a number of other things, including dual-core, non-verbose boot, and shutdown so I reverted back...

So could anybody shed some light on this situation? I'm going to try installing the Xnu kernel, and I'll get back to y'all on it.

EDIT: Xnu kernel didn't change anything, except for the name of the book and that it broke sleep... again... *sigh*

Okay, so I've been following this thread for a while now, but now I'm gonna join in the fun...

So I got one of these P-7805u babys the other week (WUXGA, I managed to talk BB out of their display model!!) and it's amazing. Naturally, the first thing I did on it was install OS X. Now some of you might be interested to know that I first used the XxX install disc, and it worked very well. Chipset, USB, and Video (full RAM, QE/CI) worked right away. But I couldn't get the audio to work very easily, so eventually I went with iAtkos... anyway.

It's been fun reading this, and I gotta say you guys rock... I love finding the solutions and watching each function on my hackintosh start working one-by-one. haha. Anyway. My main problem with iAtkos is that I can't seem to get Quartz Extreme support to work no matter what. I think I've tried about 5 or 6 different drivers and combos, but nothing seems to do the trick. Not even EFI strings. In system profiler it usually reads fine, it correctly identifies my card or says something close enough, but still no QE support.

On top of that, I'm having weird issues with audio and USB. I first did the Azalia fix, and it worked -- but only speakers out, nothing else. I stuck with it for a while, but realized I needed more so I tried the Conexant drivers. They worked after plugging a headphone jack in -- though I have to do that EVERY time I boot up. On top of that, it broke my sleep (which I worked hard to get!) AND none of the USB ports work anymore. I went into BIOS and disable legacy support, but that broke a number of other things, including dual-core, non-verbose boot, and shutdown so I reverted back...

So could anybody shed some light on this situation? I'm going to try installing the Xnu kernel, and I'll get back to y'all on it.

EDIT: Xnu kernel didn't change anything, except for the name of the book and that it broke sleep... again... *sigh*

I think we have written all about this, you should read again, again, :( any other help, please, let us know,

Gaston.

Well... I understand that. But the reason I'm writing is because these are the problems that I haven't managed to fix with any of the solutions posted here.

Basically the main issue for me is getting QE to work... the others I can fix on my own by just continuing to mess with the system. I just don't get why it worked for XxX, and what the difference is (I just used nVDarwin for that...)

Well... I understand that. But the reason I'm writing is because these are the problems that I haven't managed to fix with any of the solutions posted here.

Basically the main issue for me is getting QE to work... the others I can fix on my own by just continuing to mess with the system. I just don't get why it worked for XxX, and what the difference is (I just used nVDarwin for that...)

Please, try my Driver, read my solution, it's works.

Gaston.

Sure thing. Follow this link for the drivers you'll need: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132089 Install those, reboot.

Download NVDarwin 1.2.5 from http://www.mediafire.com/?zgnwtzym2je, install the 1024mb driver, along with the OpenGL tools. Reboot only if asked to.

Install KextHelperb7 from http://web.mac.com/v1.42ghz/Kext_Helper/So...Helper%20b7.zip, download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PXEFK1NC, unzip, use KextHelper to install these. Run OSX86Tools from http://osx86tools.googlecode.com/files/OSX...ols_1.0.150.zip, I just checked off all eight checkmarks and told it to apply, click the enable/disable quartz button, enable it, reboot when prompted.

Please let me know your results and feel free to ask for clarification, it's rather late right now and I'm not thinking too clearly anyways. I'll have my hands back on the laptop Monday I hope. (I'm doing this for a friend of mine actually, but plan on getting myself the same machine for college.)

So I just went ahead and formatted, did a clean install. After that, the above method worked perfectly for me, so thanks so much, WinterTiger (or whoever's original idea it was, hah). I guess it was some other kext that was conflicting or something...

Everything's working now (aside from wifi of course), and it's excellent so thank you to all. Even my Blue Snowball mic is functional! Of course I think I just screwed up my system with Chameleon 2.0, but hey, I'll figure it out ;-)

P.S. does anyone know how to make it so that I don't hafta plug in headphones to use audio every time I boot up?

hmmmm i used kalaway 10.5.2 and everything worked out the box besides video driver stating it was 32mb lol. but thats easily fixable.........

my setup and how i did it with ease!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;pid=1142177

as far as audio i just unchecked the nvidia ac97 driver and left the intel hd driver and conexant/realtek hd codec and sound works flawlessly, also im working on a driver for the intel 5100+ for mac os x currently.......

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=164237

Hello I've been viewing also this thread for a while now approximately like two months. I first want to thank everyone who has contributed in getting this hackintosh p-7805u thing going as far as it has gotten. This is really a nice laptop that can damn near clone if not better than a macbook pro. ram and all.

But that's not the point of me posting. I wanted to share my experience with this laptop. I'm currently running leopard on my p-7805u via iDeneb v1.3 i believe its 10.5.4 don't quote me on that. but anyway this has worked the best for me with the usual missings like webcam and internet. But the reason i leaned on this one was the fact it was the only distro i could find that detected firewire and confirmed working because it was need to install my sound card (Digi002 rack mount for ProTools). I've recorded on this laptop and everything.

Also all this was running via . . . . . . . . . . my ESATA external hard drive. That works too wit ideneb. Interested in the Kalyway now seeing it can have audio off the first installation with recent findings :P .

Thanks again guys and i'll update you.

Okay, well I tried the kalyway and i didn't like it. I have a hard time updating to 10.5.5 (needed for Aquamac's drivers) and plus the sound was just one way out no headphone and mic just speakers out. Soooooo I went back to iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5. Quote me on that. It seems the simplest and best for me as far as the p-7805u goes.

1. Disable USB Legacy and Change to AHCI for your drives

2. Load up iDeneb v1.3

3. Format partition to GUID (although I don't believe MBR affects it but GUID is preferred) and to Mac HFS Journaled.

4. On CUSTOMIZE under patches -> fix, all you really need to choose is 2 options. Apple SMBIOS 1333 and the Power Management option for our laptop batteries. Applications is optional but recommended which would be the 3rd check. Install.

5. After reboot, boot-up in safe mode -x.

6. Setup your mac. Once on the desktop, apply Aquamac's drivers so that you can boot normal.

7. After normal reboot, apply d23's 1GB driver and reboot.

Done!

I'm sure you can get the sound going but I was too lazy to do it. May do it later, may have problems, who knows.........Bo knows. yea yea whatever anyway that seems to be it. I hope progress somewhere is getting made on the intel 5100 because I need that internet. It's nothing to order the card but for it to take 2+ weeks is too long, I guess I'm to hopeful of 5100 drivers really soon for mac.

Besides all of that use iDeneb v1.3 unless you got something simpler and better.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi People!

Well, I have received the Wifi Broadcom from ebay, it works properly on OSX but on Windows was a mess, it was hard to enable the card, it was properly recognized but windows couldn't start it. After 5 hours, I think, I found the correct driver. If you want the driver for windows vista 64, please, send me a PM.

Now, I want talk about some things that we haven't talked yet or even resolve.

Update 10.5.7, does anyone tried?

I have reinstalled OSX and the Batery is not recognized, what to do? (I have selected SMBIOS (default) not AIR)

OSX dose not sleep well, on 10.5.6, before and after the kexts patches, what to do?

Does anyone tried to play a 1080 HD video? It crashes a lot!!!!!

Thank you!

Gaston.

I used the TripleX final and I think I chose the acpi battery manager under power management. I have also upgraded to 10.5.7 via automatic update. I got a broadcom card off ebay and found a driver at the hp website for vista64. Works well for me.

BTW, thanks to everyone in this thread. The info I found here helped me attain a very stable FX.

I've got my Gateway p-7805u running on 10.5.6.

I have video and audio support.

I got network suport by buying an airport extreme card off of ebay. I am dual booting to 64-bit vista, and it recognized the card. I get N out of OSX and Vista.

Here are the exact steps I followed....

Bought a retail copy of OSX (not used for install, but I try to be an honest hacker...)

Bought aiprort extreme card off of ebay.

Bough a 320GB WD Black Scorpion drive

Added a WD Black Scorpion disk HD to second drive bay.

Disabled legacy USB in BIOS.

Left the wireless switch to ON.

Used the xxx 10.5.6 final v.2 installer

Selected no options (no -v or -x) when booting from the cd

Used Disk Utility in installed to format second drive as GUID Journaled (NOT case-sensitive)

Checked the following items to "customize" install:

Essential

X11

Under Optional System kexts:

HardcodedSMBIOS / AppleSMBIOS DDR2 1333

Under Graphics Drivers

NVDarwin 1024

Audio

Contextant HDA (did not work, had to change audio later)

Network

SKGE_02d (did not detect onboard lan later)

Power

1st battery manager option (there are 2)

clamshell display

rebooted

Came up 1920x1200 but not quartz enabled

installed os86tools and enabled quartz

rebooted - hurray, full opengl acceleration!

installed camtwist (see this thread) - hurray, webcam works!

installed AppleA

rebooted - no audioinstalled AzaliaAudio.pkg (by double clicking)

installed AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (using os86x tools)

(see this thread for both)

rebooted - still no audio

installed drivers from Conextant_Cx20561.zip (on this thread) using Kext Helper b7

rebooted - Hurray! Audio!

shutdown

installed airport extreme

rebooted in Vista 64-bit, had N network

rebooted in OSX, had N network!

Note: I kept extraneous/non-working kext installs in this list in order to EXACTLY reproduce what I did that resulted in a working OSX install.

Now I will try to tackle the media readers...no idea if they work at this point...and maybe try a live update to 10.5.7...once I time machine this working install...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys thanks again in this thread. U've helped inspire me to other builds. Just wanted to drop by and let you guys know if you were into an inexpensive build for a desktop (HACkintosh) for cheap but still get the performance, check out my thread here. Keep it up in here too, would like to see retail on this bad boy one day with the sliding finger technology on the touchpad.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my install and it seems to work great first off ethernet and wireless do not work, but i bought a Linksys wusb100 ver 2 from walmart and used ralink drivers from their website rt28** drivers! For my install I used iATKOS V7 choose no audio drivers! Left most option at default! I used the first nvida installer and it correctly named my video card as a 9800m gts 1024 meg memory! I used osx86 tools downloaded from the web to get qe/ci working! Native keyboard works although had to use a usb keyboard after first reboot not sure why but works great on regular keyboard now not sure what i did to get it working! I disabled anything to do with sleep function cause it will not work! Also, i have ran update software from the web and it worked fine! So far my hackintosh experience has been rough used several different installers with different results some work with video some with audio some with keyboard but this is the first installer to give me everything with no real issue! I am a complete noob to OS X and installing kext and things of that nature are way out of my league! This is what worked for me give a try see what ya think! Good Luck! Sorry my install is 10.5.7! Sorry I said i choose no audio drivers but that was in correct used voodoo hda it was checked at default!

P-7805u

T9550 2.6

Linksys wusb100 ver 2

native keyboard

native mouse touchpad

Next is installing on my P-6831fx

my wife says she needs it to now

after seeing it on my laptop!

more work than i need hopefully this will be

just as easy as this install!

So I've been running OS 10.5.6 smoothly on my FX for a good month or so now... it's great, but my only issue has been audio -- I certainly have it fully working, both headphones and speakers etc, with the exception of mute or something like that...

Anyway -- I'm a musician so the main reason I wanted OS X is to record... and that I can certainly do -- but it is very slow and unsteady, and the actual timing marker and the audio is very very off, during both playback and record... also, whenever I record something, it says it turns out fine but when I listen to the audio file, it is choppy and sliced up, as if it was desperately trying to keep up with the speed of realtime recording.

Anybody else had any trouble with this sort of thing? Any recommendations for a better driver? I'm using the latest ones from this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140869

Oh and all this is with GarageBand, I haven't gotten around to installing any more professional apps, I want to make sure I'm not throwing my money away first...

The original polo!

I used iatkos and have no issue at all with record or audio! Give it a go seems to work great! Tried XXX installer got some unstable results! Tried many installers and this was the Best Iatkos V7!!!

Use the default voodoo hda and chose the nvidia enabler I think and that was it. Oh did figure out the keyboard thing. Have to disable usb legacy in bios this gives some issue with onboard keyboard!

Also Theoriginalpol if you want the quartz extreme to work download osx86 tools and use their enabler to turn it on! Worked great after reboot! Good Luck Later!\