iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 Intel DVD

eren70

427 posts in this topic

Isaw on the threadearlier that airport was corrupted.

could that be why my broadcom script keeps telling me it installed incorrectly?

any help would be appreciated.

it worked with kalyway, but I'm unsure what exactly I've done wrong.

Hey I am getting the dreaded grey screen at install right when I boot to the DVD for the first time. I attached some pictures of the screen in -v so you can see what I am looking at. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated

My comp is a:

Dell D830 Laptop

Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 1.8ghz

2 Gigs Ram

chipset is a Intel GM965

BIOS Version A12

Dell wireless 1490 dual band

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M

hi i installed iatkos v5i in dell latitude d630.same config like d830.if any help u can ask me except ethernet and vga 128mb vram.. my email is:gopinndn@gmail.com

when this screen will come .be cool go to bios and keep settings like this

1.hard disk in ata mode

2.go to security options and change TPM 'ON'

3.in down to this option keep it in deactivated position..then u will get it 100%

4.u can get it by changing hard disk to atch in motherboard settings{on board settings}but make sure that u installed atch drivers first..

OK, I went and tried installing iAtkos 5i. The installation went successful, and then it automatically rebooted, and when rebooting it got stuck at grey apple logo screen(also, there was a grey line about 1 inch thick at the top of the screen). So I tried booting with -v -s cups=1

and here what it showed.

dsc04387s.th.jpg

Can anyone tell if I have to reinsall it or is there a fix for that?

Here is what I chose in cutomize:

-Chameleon

-AppleDecrypt

-SMBiosResolver

-PS/2

-NVinject

-IntelSpeedStep a

• 2 weeks later...
I'm on my third re-install. I think that this time i've got the problem fixed.

My rig is a HP Compaq A970EG and it should work just fine.

Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.86GHz

3GB DDR2

X3100

250GB HDD

I'll be back with some oppinions.

EDIT:

Unfortunately I was wrong. After the installation, when i try to boot up, the mac loading appears and then for about 3 seconds i get a blue screen that goes black and a song starts. Something like "you make me feel so good". What's that?

I am facing the same problem.. any help???

Thanks in advance.

OK, I went and tried installing iAtkos 5i. The installation went successful, and then it automatically rebooted, and when rebooting it got stuck at grey apple logo screen(also, there was a grey line about 1 inch thick at the top of the screen). So I tried booting with -v -s cups=1

and here what it showed.

dsc04387s.th.jpg

Can anyone tell if I have to reinsall it or is there a fix for that?

Here is what I chose in cutomize:

-Chameleon

-AppleDecrypt

-SMBiosResolver

-PS/2

-NVinject

-IntelSpeedStep a

Boot in installdvd and go to terminal and remove SMBiosResolver.kext and in /System/Library/Extensions. Reboot

and install chameleon 2.0. There is smbios "override" plist in /extra folder. I hope that should help you out.

PS. Try VoodooPower :D

Hi guys I'm REALLY desperate! I'm hoping someone can help me with what settings to use for my Sony Vaio FZ21 laptop. I'm sorry for posting the full spec, just wasn't sure what you may need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Processor

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 / 2.2 GHz

Multi-Core Technology

Dual-Core

64-bit Computing - Yes

Data Bus Speed - 800 MHz

Chipset Type - Mobile Intel PM965 Express

Cache Memory

Type - L2 Cache

Installed Size -4 MB

RAM

Installed Size - 4 GB

Technology - DDR2 SDRAM - 667 MHz

Memory Specification Compliance - PC2-5300

Configuration Features - 4 x 1 GB

Storage Controller

Type - Serial ATA

Serial ATA Interface - Serial ATA-150

Storage

Hard Drive

200 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm

Display

Display Type - 15.4" TFT

Max Resolution - 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )

Widescreen Display - Yes

Features - X-black

Video

Graphics Processor / Vendor - NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

Video Memory - 256 MB

Total Available Graphics Memory – 1023MB

Audio

Audio Output

Sound card

Compliant Standards

Microsoft WSS 1.0/2.0, High Definition Audio

Features - Sound Reality technology

Audio Input - Microphone

Telecom

Modem - Fax / modem

Max Transfer Rate - 56 Kbps

Protocols & Specifications - ITU V.90, k56Flex, ITU V.92

Networking

Networking - Network adapter

Wireless LAN Supported - Yes

Data Link Protocol

IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft), Bluetooth 2.0 EDR

Compliant Standards

IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft), Bluetooth 2.0

Expansion / Connectivity

Expansion Slots Total (Free)

2 ( 0 ) x memory ¦ 1 ( 1 ) x ExpressCard/34

Interfaces

1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire) - 4 PIN FireWire ¦ 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45 ¦ 1 x modem - phone line - RJ-11 ¦ 1 x headphones - output - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ¦ 1 x microphone - input - mini-phone 3.5mm ¦ 3 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 PIN USB Type A ¦ 1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) ¦ 1 x display / video - S-video output ¦ Audio / video - HDMI

Guys,

Does anyone of you know if there is a tutorial in how to update a DVD install of OS X 10.5.1? I have Aitkos 1.0i which came with 10.5.1, I would like to know if its possible to make an updated DVD with the latest update to Leopard. I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

ACPI x86-based PC

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 2133 MHz (8 x 267)

Motherboard Name: ECS C19-A SLI (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, LAN)

Motherboard Chipset : nVIDIA nForce4 SLI XE Intel Edition

1024 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

Video Adapte r: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) (256 MB)

3D Accelerator : nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Integrated Audio: Realtek ALC883 @ nVIDIA nForce 430i (MCP51) - High Definition Audio Controller

Network Adapter : Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter WMP300N

Network Adapter : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

IDE Controller : NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller

IDE Controller : Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Storage Controller : Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

Disk Drive : WDC WD80 0JD-75MSA1 SCSI Disk Device (74 GB)

Optical Drive : LITE-ON COMBO LTC-48161H ATA Device (DVD:16x, CD:48x/24x/48x DVD-ROM/CD-RW)

Hummmm.... i´m not sure your Sli motherboard would be compatible, but let´s try.

Main system

Netkas PCEFI V9

Appledecrypter

smbiosenabler

disabler

ps/2

OHR

Remove thermal kexts

intelSATA

INTEL AHCI sata

graphics update

If this selection fails, then add to it

voodoo kernel

Later we can take a look to network and graphics, no the basics.

I tried the above and installation is successful, however, the computer fails to reboot/shutdown and just freezes. I have also tried using the alternative for the OHR option, I believe it was the modified ACPI, but no dice. Am I out of luck?

Thanks,

jOeY dOnUtS

• 2 weeks later...

1st. i got it installed but did not pick up on the rest of the settings. System would boot to the Darwin text screen then go into a loop and restart.

2nd- 8th times after installing the system would just loop at the Darwin text screen.

This morning came in and actually read 4 different docs on the install and finally read the steps shown here. Now the pc is stuck at a screen with an apple and a ICQ like going around and around. Been like this for the last 3 hours. I was actually go to run dual boot win/Os x but changed my mine now i just wanted OS X.

Update 5 hours and it is still just sitting there at the screen with the apple and ICQ icon going around.

Rig:

Intel Celeron 2.2ghz

4 megs of memory

Intel chipset and garphics

16speed dvd rom

2 Seagate 80gig sata drives

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

George

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, help me please with my comment, I have the following Compaq Presario SG3313LA computer is a machine with an Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 2 GHz in this machine I would do one installation of iAtkos 10.5.5 and works perfectly, I gave their drivers PS / 2 and it works fine, but when you up the RAM from 1 GB to 2 GB, the partition of Win XP SP2 PC with 2 GB RAM recognized, despite being different RAM, a is PC2 4200 and PC2 5300 was another in the partition MAC started well but did not recognize the mouse or the keyboard after the memory upgrade, can anyone help me? any advice? thanks in advance

Hola a todos, ayudenme por favor con mi comentario, tengo el siguiente equipo una Compaq Presario SG3313LA esta es una maquina con procesador Intel Pentium Dual COre E2180 de 2 GHz, en esta maquina yo realice una instalacion de iAtkos 10.5.5 y funciono perfecto, le puse sus drivers PS/2 y funciono bien, sin embargo, cuando le subi la RAM de 1 GB a 2 GB, en la particion de PC con win XP SP2 reconocio los 2 GB RAM bien, a pesar de ser RAM diferentes, una es PC2 4200 y la otra era PC2 5300, en la particion MAC arrancaba bien pero no reconocia el mouse ni el teclado luego de la ampliacion de memoria, puede alguien ayudarme? algun consejo? gracias por adelantado

Hi,

I've tried iAtkos 5 but it freezes during starting up the installation process. I mean when the system first starts up with the iAtkos DVD it shows a message like 'you have to reboot blah blah blah' and i cannot bypass it.

iAtkos 2 works fine.

passed with -x :rolleyes:

So, I have checked NVinject and Broadcom 440x. Then installed tartaruga kext for sound.

laptop keyboard/touchpad isn't working :)

should i install something to make it work? iAtkos 21 got it ootb

I installed Iatkos 5i, yes possible update 10.5.7 ???? english

kernel voodo 9.5.0

Pentium 4 631 3.0

XFX 7300GS 512 mb

-Chameleon

-AppleDecrypt

-SMBiosResolver

-PS/2

-NVinject

Hi all,

I have an HP xw8600 which has a dual quad core Xeon mobo with the Intel 5400 chipset.

I first tried to install iATKOS 5i on a sata drive configured in the bios as AHCI. This resulted in the dreaded 'still waiting for root device' nonsense. So I disabled all my other HDDs and switched bios to IDE emulation. Success! It booted and installation began.

I then customized making sure to load both intel sata drivers. Rebooted. Into OSX. Then rebooted again, this time going into the bios and switching back to AHCI. Disaster, back to the ole waiting for root device. Weirdly though, Darwin could see all the partitions on the disk so it must be reading it properly. Why then can OSX not boot?

• 2 weeks later...

I just want say a big Thank You! iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 has installed perfectly on my rig. It took about 4 installs to get the options right but I now have a fully upgradable system. The combo 10.5.7 installed without a hitch. Prior to this release I have been running Kaliway but I couldn’t get it to update correctly after 10.5.5.

The only thing that isn't working is the PC won't go to sleep but it shuts down ok. I can live with that. In Kaliway it would shut down but the fans kept running. I was a bit slack during the installs and didn’t record what customisations I used but I know I did follow all the directions to make an upgradable system and I didn’t select a custom kernal.

I am a happy camper, iATKOS rocks! :D

I'm on my third re-install. I think that this time i've got the problem fixed.

My rig is a HP Compaq A970EG and it should work just fine.

Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.86GHz

3GB DDR2

X3100

250GB HDD

I'll be back with some oppinions.

EDIT:

Unfortunately I was wrong. After the installation, when i try to boot up, the mac loading appears and then for about 3 seconds i get a blue screen that goes black and a song starts. Something like "you make me feel so good". What's that?

Its your video card drivers. I have yet to find a kext that works with that card. *I have the same one*

You will need to boot into your install dvd, go to the terminal, and type the following. where it says leo_volume, replace with the name of your OSX volume.

cd /Volumes/leo_volume/System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf AppleIntelGMA950.kext
rm -rf AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin
rm -rf AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle
rm -rf AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle
rm -rf AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
rm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
rm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
rm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin
rm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle
rm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle
diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/leo_volume
reboot

this will let you get booted in. You have basic VGA 1024x768

im new to this whole installing mac on pc thing can i get some help with it? the thing i dont get is the customizing stuff haha im a noob with this so yeah

Cant help with out the basic info.

PC Specs please.

Motherboard, chipset, processor, Video Card, Network Card, Wifi Card, Sound Card...

I just want say a big Thank You! iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 has installed perfectly on my rig. It took about 4 installs to get the options right but I now have a fully upgradable system. The combo 10.5.7 installed without a hitch. Prior to this release I have been running Kaliway but I couldn’t get it to update correctly after 10.5.5.

I am a happy camper, iATKOS rocks! :D

Nice, I am half tempted to try it...just cant remember if I selected a custom kernal or not. LOL

So I followed this whole thing step by step. I start up my computer and while its booting into Leopard I see a little white box with a crossed out circle appear while the flash circle keeps circling. Did I do something wrong? I have a feeling I need to find a way to completely format the whole drive and then redo the process maybe?

When I do a -v boot i get the following noteable errors:

13AppleAHCIport is not compatible with its superclass, 101OAHCIport superclass changed?

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort.

13AppleAHCIport is not compatible with its superclass, 101OAHCIport superclass changed?

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort.

Couldn't alloc class "AppleICH8AHCI"

Couldn't alloc class "AppleAHCI"

And at the end it says:

Still waiting for root device

(and again)

(it did it again so its repeating).

Can anyone help me?

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded fine.. burned fine.. installed fine..

Then > Stuck at either the loading grey Apply symbol screen, or got this message once or twice..

Sys Config:

Desktop Intel 945G chipset

Core 2 duo 2.4Ghz

4Gb DDR2 333MHz RAM

Realtek sound adapter

Any help suggestions appreciated.. :)

post-443252-1245077654_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for this wornderful project. I am new to mac. I have tried various versions, could only be able to install a few like ToH 10.5 and Leo4All v3. Now tried iATKOS 10.5.5, the installation went smooth, upon booting from the hard drive (1st time) got the panic screen. So I tried to boot up with -v -x and able to get access to desktop area. Following are details of my computer:

Intel Pentium 4 3.4GHz (Hyperthreading), but disabled it in BIOS

3GB of ECC RAM

ATI Radeon HD-3650 PCI Express card (unable to load fully functional kext in ToH and Leo4All). It has 2 DVI outputs, using DVI-VGA adaptor to connect my desktop to LCD TV.

AC97 compatible sound card (worked perfectly in ToH 10.5 and Leo4All v3)

Broadcome Gigabit Ethernet Card (worked perfectly in Leo4All v3, but hanged up in ToH 10.5 after couple of hours)

PS2 based Keyboard

USB based Mouse

Firewire ports

Hi, I also updated the OSX to 10.5.7 using internal Mac upgrade, but still has following issues:

- No sound in 10.5.5 (even after updating to 10.5.7)

- before update getting panic screen so only able to login in safe mode (-v -x)

- tried to install ATI Radeon HD-3650 kext (before upgrade), but get disco screen (black and white small cubes on LCD)

- after update to 10.5.7 still use to get disco screen (black and white small cubes display on my LCD)

- after update to 10.5.7 still able to get access to desktop screen using safe mode (-v -x)

I would highly appreciate if some body can guide me to resolve these issues and run the system smoothly without crashing and getting fully working audio and graphics card. If there is no kext for ATI Radeon HD-3650 PCIe, I have another card Nvidia FX-1300 Quadro PCIe. Can it be achieved through this.

Remeber I am new and still learning how to run Mac on PC, so a step by step instruction and related links to resolve my above issues would be highly appreciated. I know it is achieveable, but needs guidance from Mac Gurus like iATKOS team or anyother party.

My email is grujee at hotmail dot com

• 4 weeks later...
EDIT: at the end I decided to do a new install on another disk, mounted both and pulled the data over to save them.

The joy was premature. Without any disruptive action like upgrade etc. just on restart which worked normally before, I am coming back with this problem:

after the very first screen, while on the next one which is headed with this line

Intel Matrix Storage manager option ROM v 7.6.1.1001 ICH9R

and where usually below this line it was my HD listed and the system just quickly changed to the next screen with the Chameleon boot,

I am getting now stuck with this info:

boot 0: MBR

boot 0: done

boot 1: startupfile_

with the underscore blinking.

The hard drive is WD6400AAKS, during the iAtkos install, I used Disk Utility to erase the disk and make one GUID partition and the install option was with BIOS in RAID setting and correspondingly I picked Intel AHCI SATA option in the install settings.

The install has been working well for a week.

I tried to repair permissions from the iAtkos install disk Disk Utility but this has not helped.

The only thing I am thinking to do is to use the iAtkos install disk and uncheck everything except the Intel AHCI SATA option in the System section to reinstal the drivers, but I am not sure this is the problem and maybe it would screw the hard drive completely. I have been just in process of transcribing files from external HD to this disk and intended to do a backup after that, hence I would prefer to save the hard drives files .

============

Hi there,

I was having the same problem. I realized that when I was on the page to erase/format the disk partition for MAC OS, I had selected the wrong option that said something like journaled case sensitive. The correct option doesn't say case sensitive. If I can recall it's the 1st one.

• 11 months later...

Hi there im not sure if this is the right place sorry if it is ,

I have been trying to install osx on my pc system for some time now but need some help from you experts the specs of my pc are

MOTHERBOARD

==========================

Packard bell BV RC415 mobo

Chipset : ATI RS400/RC400/RC410

Southbrige : ATI SB600

CPU - Intel Celeron 360 3.46Ghz

MMX,SSE(1,2,3) EM64T

RAM - 512Mb DDR2

Graphics - ATI Radon Xpress 200

Audio - 8bit channel Realtek (I think)

I have tryed using ideneb 1.4 Installation is fine but nothing after that just a apple logo i am currently download iATKOS 5i. I would really appreciate some of your time and help to get me to run this beautiful os on my pc

Thanks

HAINES