kernel task is running at 96%

Fan stops after unplug from power supply

everything else is ok.

installed is v3 boot from BlackCH

If I put my own made dsdt from linux

CPU load and fan works fine, but:

Only one USB highspeed device is available,

reboot and power down takes several minutes

to bring it down, native brightness is gone.

Please help me to figure this out.

Regards

verleihnix

dsdt.dsl.zip

@Insanelymind

The Broadcom 4312 works Out Of The Box (as third-party wireless card). But Please, for try to help you, are you using the DSDT v0.20? Can you see the card in system profiler (PCI cards)? You see information in IORegistry Explorer? BTW, maybe you need add the AirPort interface in Network (on System Preferences)... just click on (+) add the AirPort and go! Good Luck.

Thanks for the fast answer,

yes, I'm using the dsdt v0.20: the one provided in the installer in the boot cd

In system profiler i see my wireless card but it says me that the driver is not installed

In the network panel (system preferences)

i can't add an airport connection

thanks for your help

Fosco

Thanks for the fast answer,

yes, I'm using the dsdt v0.20: the one provided in the installer in the boot cd

In system profiler i see my wireless card but it says me that the driver is not installed

In the network panel (system preferences)

i can't add an airport connection

thanks for your help

Fosco

you should be using 10.6.6 legacy kernel, not 10.6.0

You need, and you should have that airport vanilla drivers. Of course is provided in RETAIL dvd, and updated from Combo 10.6.6. Just for record, you installed from RETAIL (celeron bootdisc version)? You upgraded the system from official Apple Combo? Those are very important things to make clear here, because you did not use the RETAIL installation method in this thread. Sorry, I can't provide the drivers because I am in 10.6.7 (about dependencies = all WLAN family). Good Luck.

i've installed 10.6 retail version with celeron boot disc

upgraded to 10.6.6 (macosx combo update)

installed chameleon (that was in the boot cd)

installed drives with the packages in the first post

installed legacy kernel 10.6.6 (otherwise it won't boot)

rebooted

and i have all working without my wireless cads :)

thanks again

Fosco

Ok dear Fosco, FYI (from your own IOReg) you have a non-native 4315 card, BUT dont worry because we can try the proper alternative/solution :wacko: , I mean coming form THIS POST (also 661, 662, 663 and 668), we can fake it to 4318 (native in OS X). PLEASE use the DSDT variant of V0.20 attached, adapted for your AirPort card. Replace the actual dsdt in /Extra with this one, reboot, maybe need add the AirPort interface (maybe not)... and please tell me other history. Good Luck.

P.S. In your IOreg I see your HDD is PATA, or have configured as non-AHCI in BIOS?? or Im wrong about it :wacko: ?

Also, I think you dont need the legacy speedstep injector, because your processor is not supported (only C2D and DualCore).

@BlackCH, you see the Fosco IOReg too? in SATA section appear as a PATA device :wacko: .

@smilenkovski, my friend 10.6.7 is a little more faster than 10.6.6, but basically is the same :wacko: .

Fosco_DSDT_fake_4318_AirPort_V0.20.zip

@BlackCH, you see the Fosco IOReg too? in SATA section appear as a PATA device ;) .

I think is because he is not using AHCI mode but IDE (compatible/enhanced in the BIOS setup)

PATA @ 1F,1

SATA @ 1F,2

it doesn't work :D

but in system profiler it says that i have an airport controller (4318) but with no driver installed

and i can't add the ariport connection in the network panel

thanks again

Fosco

Edit: IT WOORKS!!!! ;)

Thank you!!!!

it doesn't work :(

but in system profiler it says that i have an airport controller (4318) but with no driver installed

and i can't add the ariport connection in the network panel

thanks again

Fosco

Try booting with -f flag

or loading the broadcom kext manually from terminal (sudo kextload)

if this doesnt work you need to edit the plist inside the broadcom kext and insert your wifi card dev id

I think is because he is not using AHCI mode but IDE (compatible/enhanced in the BIOS setup)

PATA @ 1F,1

SATA @ 1F,2

I think so.

But, I dont want to keep suspecting about his applied method, but how he could make the retail installation (GUID partition scheme) in IDE mode? And, why dont works the AirPort DSDT patch if got it the exactly same wifi card as smilenkovski (all device ID parameters). So, this make some sense if he install from a distro... not from RETAIL. What do you think, Black?

EDITED:

Edit: IT WOORKS!!!! :(

Thank you!!!!

What was wrong in the first attempt? Other .ioreg please?