DAW - based on GA-EP45 incl. hardware list

peach-os

224 posts in this topic

That's cool starobrno1 - looks like a useful function for people who need it.

Tried my hack in the studio for the first time tonight, no hassles at all. Logic running great with my RME HDSP 9652 card at 64 samples, successfully installed and tested a UAD2-Duo as well.

I'm very happy ;)

Yeah this is really cool you can run osx and Logic on pc hardware and it works so good too. I hear lots of good things about the UADs gonna have to put it on the wishlist though been spending to much on hardware for new hacks lately hehe.

some interesting news. reinstalling kalyway 10.5.1 on my usb thumb drive, I selected nvinject for desktop.

on the first screen after the user information procedure, something really unexpected happened:

all my three monitors working! two gfx cards working (almost) ootb with nvinject! no strings. QE/CI all working.

so this is an other advantage if you buy the listed hardware :unsure:

post-120974-1229104418_thumb.png

Hi there!

Just wanted to update you with my situation.

I installed iDeneb on my external drive (OLD IDE->USB adapter) to have a failsafe OS working. Now I'm moving LeoRetail from the 2,5" 80GB HD to the internal 160GB SATA. I hope everything goes smooth.

I had some issues with updating Final Cut Studio, but they got solved as soon as I updated MacOS from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5.

Check my sign for minor issues AND a little cameo for the editor of this guide :dev:

Bye bye

Ehm... I installed smbiosResolver.kext, I didn't know of the existence of a SMBIOSenabler.kext.

By the way, they are set to run @ 1066 Mhz.

yes....there is smbiosresolver,smbiosefi and smbiosenabler you could use. about resolver related problems read here

http://www.superhai.com/forum/viewforum.ph...f68d7491a688db8

Hey guys,

This install thread worked great for me with 10.5.5 but I have two questions.

The first is my IDE drive (Runs Windows Vista) shows up as a file folder instead of a hard drive. Does anyone know how to fix it?

The second is, has anyone tried updating to 10.5.6?

Thanks Peach-os for the great guide...

--Rick

Hey guys,

This install thread worked great for me with 10.5.5 but I have two questions.

The first is my IDE drive (Runs Windows Vista) shows up as a file folder instead of a hard drive. Does anyone know how to fix it?

The second is, has anyone tried updating to 10.5.6?

Thanks Peach-os for the great guide...

--Rick

did you use the ahci kexts from my package?

hey peach-os!

a big THANX for that amazing installguide!! i'm looking forward to setting up my hack next week! (nearly the same components)

only my gfx card is a HD3870. so my question is: can you give me an advice if I should install natit.kext or use the GFX-String method?

(which is more stabil /save / vanilla-like?)

I'll report my results next week!

(You can also PM me in German :)

some interesting news. reinstalling kalyway 10.5.1 on my usb thumb drive, I selected nvinject for desktop.

on the first screen after the user information procedure, something really unexpected happened:

all my three monitors working! two gfx cards working (almost) ootb with nvinject! no strings. QE/CI all working.

so this is an other advantage if you buy the listed hardware :D

post-120974-1229104418_thumb.png

Hey there peach-os,

Here we go!

Well, you sent me this link, but I did not understand one thing: you're using your two video cards with NVinject ONLY or NVinject + GFX Strings??

I tried using GFX strings and didn't worked (fatal error on boot). Using EFI Studio also...

I'll try NVinject instead of NVkush to see what happens.

Now I really neede to enable the QE, because I'm also trying to set up a DAW and I can't install Logic Studio with no QE support...

Thanks a lot for your help

Hey there peach-os,

Here we go!

Well, you sent me this link, but I did not understand one thing: you're using your two video cards with NVinject ONLY or NVinject + GFX Strings??

I tried using GFX strings and didn't worked (fatal error on boot). Using EFI Studio also...

I'll try NVinject instead of NVkush to see what happens.

Now I really neede to enable the QE, because I'm also trying to set up a DAW and I can't install Logic Studio with no QE support...

Thanks a lot for your help

you can only use string or nvinject . nvinject only - woked for my cards. don´t know if it will with yours ;)

I would prefer strings.are you using the same plist file that worked before? otherwise send me your plist file again

to keep you guys updated:

1. two 7300GT ´s or 7300GS graphics cards working with NVInjet.kext ! four monitors - no strings needed! confirmed also by Staro Brno. thanks for your tests :angel:

2. almost flawless update to 10.5.6

no dsdt patch needed. install, reboot twice. on the first reboot you might have a spinning wheel. afterwards everything working after patching audio, AHCIport,AppleAHCI and fixing timemachine.

although I did have a working dsdt patch I removed it, because it didn´t let my second UAD card to load the driver.

will upload the needed patches in a package the next days

Thanks for your post. I have similar interest like yours to build a stable, production-ready DAW. Logic Pro 8 is running fine on my machine so far!

I am using iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 atm. I didn't succeed with retail install following another guide, I think I missed the step of ejecting the retail partition before applying EFI/Chameleon.

See my hardware list below.

Hi there. I know it's been a while, but I started to work with a little bit of audio lately and I found out that my Audio Card doesn't work very well. The output sound is kinda crappy. I wanted to try and install another version of the kext. Do I have to delete the ones I already have installed?

Besides, I'm, having some trouble using the front panel. It has Headphones and Mic In, and it's attached to the pins on the motherboard. What I get from the Sound Panel in System Preferences is that the Speakers (2.1) work if I select Built-In Speakers and the Headphones work if I select Built-in Headphones. And it's OK.

The problem appears when I want to use the Mic. If I insert it in the back panel, it works, but if I try to use the front panel, it is dead selecting either Line-In or Internal Mic. Suggestions?

EDIT: Crappy Audio solved. I turned down the output volume of Leopard and turned up the speakers. It sounds much better now.

My machine has been running great!

Only slight issue so far is my mac keyboard's 'eject' button doesn't eject the DVD drive. Any ideas why this might be?

The drive is an LG GH20NS10.

try different buttons. for example F12. might be you have defined a wrong keyboard layout. is it usb?

It's an actual Apple USB keyboard - not the current one but one of the previous white ones with normal keys.

I did get an issue a few times after I installed where the machine wouldn't find the keyb/mouse until I changed the port but I'm not seeing that any more. I've also heard of this from a friend who also built a hackintosh. I wonder if it could be related somehow? It's not a huge deal as the drive has an eject button and I don't insert disks very often but it would be nice to know why it's not working.

It's an actual Apple USB keyboard - not the current one but one of the previous white ones with normal keys.

I did get an issue a few times after I installed where the machine wouldn't find the keyb/mouse until I changed the port but I'm not seeing that any more. I've also heard of this from a friend who also built a hackintosh. I wonder if it could be related somehow? It's not a huge deal as the drive has an eject button and I don't insert disks very often but it would be nice to know why it's not working.

the system allows to eject the disk with the button on the drive? try to connect a regular windows keyboard and to eject with F12.

imo it looks like os x doesn´t like your drive. maybe a firmware update could help.