Driver for Laptop Card-Readers (Internal PCI Bus)

quinielascom

177 posts in this topic

:( something very strange is happening . i have HP dv2700 . the first time i installed the kext it worked perfect . but after a couple of days it stopped working . so i tried anything u can imagin. from IOPCIFamily.kext to IOUSBFamily.kext and a lot of other stuff . and different IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext . but it did not work anymore . i tired it inside vista it works still so it's not the SD card nor the card reader.

so i gave up and i did a fresh install . and installed the driver . and it didn't work . once i insert the SD card it freezes . that's all i get and it's very strange cus the first time it worked very nice . but now it's not working anymore. i'm sure the problem is not the IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext . it should be from somewhere else . please help anyone.

i fixed it by flashing bios to older version . the newer Hp pavillion 2700 bios version had support for SD card . so that was changing it's behavior. now it's working fine actually perfect. thanks.

You don't have the latest version because the last update of Sonotone's Dell laptops Post-Installer (V1.4.1) is dated 12/26/2008 whereas latest SD card Reader update dated 05/01/2009 (Final Candidate V1), you can check news at Sourceforge's developpement page, as mentioned on the first page of the thread...

Just wanted to point out that the FC1 is dated 1/5/2009 not 5/1/2009.

No luck either in XPS M1530 (with FC1)

It does work with M1530s. Try the one that is linked in my Guide.

Attached is a current SVN build. I didn't change anything including the vendor/device IDs in the Info.plist. I have not tested it because I don't have an SD card with me at the moment.

IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext.zip

i got a dell 1525 and it dont seem to work even with the latest drivers..can the people with a 1525 give me a walkthrough thanks

The driver works fine with my Dell Inspiron 1525. No workarounds needed.

Beta 1 with the device ids updated so basically nothing.

Attached is an SVN release build with device ids updated. Haven't tested this one.

This one worked with sleep for X60s. Thanks a lot.

Just wanted to point out that the FC1 is dated 1/5/2009 not 5/1/2009.

It does work with M1530s. Try the one that is linked in my Guide.

Attached is a current SVN build. I didn't change anything including the vendor/device IDs in the Info.plist. I have not tested it because I don't have an SD card with me at the moment.

Somehow this one didn't work at all in the same system.

i got a dell 1525 and it dont seem to work even with the latest drivers..can the people with a 1525 give me a walkthrough thanks

It is the IOPCIFamily.kext that needs to be replaced. If you need it feel free to drop me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

does not work on:

09:04.3 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 11)

09:04.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 11)

this is on a vaio tz90s, where the sd seems to be tied with the MMC Host controller (under windows atleast)

tried to change the deviceid to that, results in KP/frozen screen

• 3 weeks later...
has anyone wondered if it is possible to enable any of the other card types?

I'm the developer who originally got this working on the Mini 9. It's not a matter of enabling the other card types, it's a matter of writing a driver to support their card protocols. Frankly, this isn't a priority for me at all. I'd be more than happy to answer questions for someone who wants to develop this (you can port it from Linux). However, skill in kernel development (preferably drivers) would be required.

I'm the developer who originally got this working on the Mini 9. It's not a matter of enabling the other card types, it's a matter of writing a driver to support their card protocols. Frankly, this isn't a priority for me at all. I'd be more than happy to answer questions for someone who wants to develop this (you can port it from Linux). However, skill in kernel development (preferably drivers) would be required.

While I'd be willing to attempt it at some point (I want to finish my network driver first) I am not sure even Linux supports the full array of cards these readers support. Last time I ran Linux on my laptop only MMC/SD cards worked. Has this situation changed?

• 3 weeks later...

After kextload, SD card appears for TI 0x803c104c, but can not access.

lspci:

03:0b.3 0805: 104c:803c SD Host controller: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller

diskutil list:(2G SDcard with /dev/disk1s1 but not appeared)

/dev/disk1

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: *1.9 Gi disk1

mount:

sh-3.2# mount_msdos /dev/disk1 /Volumes/aaa/

mount_msdos: /dev/disk1: Input/output error

Works OK with Acer 5920G, just had to modify string for R5C822, SD card supported.

Thanks for all the hard work.

hi there - can you tell me how you did that? i have the 5920g and cant get the SD working...

i have a fairly good know how ability - but not sure what you meant by modify string...?

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Won't a bsd port be much easier as compared to a linux one ?

Apple has recently announced that they will have SD card support in their upcoming mac book pros,does anyone know what bus PCI or USB will they be using ?

hi there - can you tell me how you did that? i have the 5920g and cant get the SD working...

i have a fairly good know how ability - but not sure what you meant by modify string...?

thanks in advance

He means the device id for the card.You can find it in the Info.plist file inside the kext.

Hi,

Won't a bsd port be much easier as compared to a linux one ?

Apple has recently announced that they will have SD card support in their upcoming mac book pros,does anyone know what bus PCI or USB will they be using ?

He means the device id for the card.You can find it in the Info.plist file inside the kext.

I'd like to know that too. Hopefully we get some additional support :(

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

it doesn't work for me! i have an HP DV5 1030el and an internal card reader (Jmicron i think). I installed the kext in the first page with kexthelper but after the reboot i wasn't able to use the card reader. Nevertheless, in the upper panel 4 unrecognized pci devices appears available, but without a driver.

these are the translated specs:

vendor id: 0x197b

device id: 0x2381 (from 0x2381 to 0x2384)

vendor subsystem: 0x197b (always the same)

device susbsytem: 0x2381 (from 0x2381 to 0x2384)

link width: x1

link speed: 2.5 Gt/s

have I to modify the kext? what have i to do?

thanks,

Nihil

Another update:

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-os-x/3...11-release.html

in spanish:

http://www.midellmini.es/2009/02/12/nuevo-...c-en-el-mini-9/

Changes:

- retry on I/O timeout (prev. releases became irressponsible)

- detect card removals during operation

- lower CPU utilization (the driver is now interrupt-driven)

Download:

http://www.midellmini.es/wp-content/upload...m9-20090211.zip (0x2381197b Vendor & Dev id)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=51464 (0x08221180 Vendor & Dev id)

Wow!

Now thats called an update.

Will test shortly an update.Hope i do not get I/O kit timeouts this time.

For those,who tested this and/or earlier versions of the kext,does it have sleep support or one has to mount it again manually after system wake up.