Driver for Laptop Card-Readers (Internal PCI Bus)

quinielascom

177 posts in this topic

Just installed the latest drivers on my Dell Inspiron 1525 and glad to say I can now see my 4gig sd card with no problem. Thanks a million quinielascom for the find and efforts to bring this project to light.

Sorry, didn't find any changes yet... :wacko:

But with this version still freezes if card inserted, used with last chunnans' iopcmciafamily.kext.

With vanilla iopcifamily(leo 10.5.6) no boot(freez, no crash, no errors) with no card inserted!

I don't know why it freezes...:(

PS: Pre-patched fc1 version with 0x08221180 id attached.

IOSDHCIBlockDevice_fc1.kext.zip

Please read carefully:

My CR is a RICOH...

I have seen this device id but it didn't know if it was yours... even "reading carefully" the information is not there dude :blink:

I can share kext patched with different id even if ot's not mine

good luck for your issue

I have seen this device id but it didn't know if it was yours... even "reading carefully" the information is not there dude :)

I can share kext patched with different id even if ot's not mine

good luck for your issue

Sorry hehe, was my fault...peace? :gun:

I think macgirl has the same issue...

The only bad part about having a working sd card reader is that I am so use to just pulling out the card when I am done. I have to learn to make a habit of ejecting it in the system first before physically removing it. Other than that It works great on my Dell Inspiron 1525 and I am glad to see this finally has become a hot topic to be (sticky).

I check latest kext from sf.net dated by 05 january 2009.

It works on my Dell Inspiron with Ricoh 08221180 without any problem. Read and write SD card fast and without cpu load.